• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

One Fan's View: Preview

This was something that struck me during the Marshall drop. It will be in this week's article, but i figured you all might enjoy discussing this pathetic observation:

Marshall drop revelation – Ok, Brandon Marshall dropped a pass that would have cemented the game in the 2nd quarter. Guess who he got around? Our number 1 draft picks in Mckelvin and Whitner. What an awesome secondary. It’s not like he was attempting to catch a difficult ball over the top of Mckelvin with Whitner racing in to lay him out. Instead he was 5 yards past our secondary waiting to shag a fly ball. If Henne led him at all, that's pretty much the game. What’s my revelation? 2006, Whitner and McCargo (non-starter), 2007, Lynch (non-starter), 2008 McKelvin (non-starter) and 2009 Maybin (non-starter). Wow. Is there any other team that has this 4 years worth of first round draft picks who aren't starters on their team? I honestly don't know. The only first rounder that we have other than Whitner and Spiller as a starter is Evans. Evans had 4 catches for 34 yards. Anthony Fasano had more production as the Tight End on the Dolphins. And for the record, he was a second round pick and the Dolphin's third leading receiver in the game.
  • Mike13
    • Aug 2005

Re: One Fan's View: Preview

. Evans had 4 catches for 34 yards.
    Thanks Jason Allen.

Comment

Working...
    X