• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Etiquette question

how many games in are you supposed to wait until you boo?

i got the sense that the stadium was ready to boo after the first 3 and out, but we were holding back because it was the opener.

next game at home is NYJ in Oct. Current forecast shows us at 0-3 with possibly two major beatdowns coming. Can we boo at the first sign of adversity against the jets?
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Etiquette question

I heard booing after the 4th or 5th 3 and out.

We've been booing for the past 10 years, why stop now?

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

it feels so weird to have the urge to boo at that first drive. you literally are thinking, "new year, you can't be this down on them."

but then they play exactly the same as last year. when does it stop?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

The first drive...I kept wanting to hope it was a fluke, not my worst (Bills related) fears coming true.

It was exactly that. I wasn't going to hang my hat on Edwards again because of the insane amount of frustration he had inflicted on me in the last 2 years, but I said I would try.

I'm done.

I stick up for Chan, and I appreciate the "If you dog one of us..." sentiment, but don't force-feed TE to me. Give me one of the other guys.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
          The first drive...I kept wanting to hope it was a fluke, not my worst (Bills related) fears coming true.

It was exactly that. I wasn't going to hang my hat on Edwards again because of the insane amount of frustration he had inflicted on me in the last 2 years, but I said I would try.

I'm done.

I stick up for Chan, and I appreciate the "If you dog one of us..." sentiment, but don't force-feed TE to me. Give me one of the other guys.
          you had me all the way to "give me one of the other guys". Neither of those guys are going to be our starter long term. might as well let trent take us to the bottom and get our replacement. I guess in some ways, the satisfaction of replacing Jauron midway through was that we got a couple more wins with FEwell than we should have. We could have been a 4 win team last year if we just stayed with Jauron. Stupid hindsight.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I heard booing in the 2nd quarter and if I was there, I would have been booing as well. The offensive struggles are not new, and the fact that the "new" FO and new coaches still haven't fixed it is inexcusable.

It's unreasonable to expect the Rams' "greatest show on turf" in the first game, but the fans have every right and every reason to expect better than 5 3-and-out's in the first 8 drives and 72 yards through 3 quarters.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

there was booing in the second quarter. but it was fairly tempered. i mean when you are at the stadium in November and jauron trotted out the punt unit on the other side of the 50, the booing was vibrating your seats.

the booing was a bit scattered and half assed. the saddest part was that Paetec Energy had a "get louder meter" in the 3rd quarter and no one cared. the little graphic started to climb and people seemed content to just not do anything. and after it exploded from "too much noise" there were a couple chuckles in our section.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus

i got the sense that the stadium was ready to boo after the first 3 and out, but we were holding back because it was the opener.

next game at home is NYJ in Oct. Current forecast shows us at 0-3 with possibly two major beatdowns coming. Can we boo at the first sign of adversity against the jets?
                Yesterday was an extension of last year so booing was acceptable.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

you pay, you can boo.

we should hire the hecklers that pissed off Gailey.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

?

games.. how many quarters, or how many minutes these days... I have no patience left for our lack of offense.. it deserved ot be booed after the opening series..

If the Bills can't start moving the ball next week.... then I would boo them before they come out of the tunnel during our next home game

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

I booed from the 2nd quarter on....

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                        • Jul 2002

The booing was a bit scattered and half assed. the saddest part was that Paetec Energy had a "get louder meter" in the 3rd quarter and no one cared. the little graphic started to climb and people seemed content to just not do anything. and after it exploded from "too much noise" there were a couple chuckles in our section.
                        That was funny as hell. My brother and I just sat there laughing at the total lack of response. There was nothing to cheer about at that point, and a get louder meter isn't going to get people yelling. That part is up to the team.

One gauge of how bad this game was is that I have a voice today. After a Bills win, or at least a good game where you have something to yell about, I lose my voice for about two days.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Booing is an acceptable option as soon as you clear the turnstile.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                            • Sep 2005

The whole Rockpile was booing, myself included. Those players should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                              That was funny as hell. My brother and I just sat there laughing at the total lack of response. There was nothing to cheer about at that point, and a get louder meter isn't going to get people yelling. That part is up to the team.

One gauge of how bad this game was is that I have a voice today. After a Bills win, or at least a good game where you have something to yell about, I lose my voice for about two days.

Yep! I couldn't see why I should lose my voice and have a sore throat for days following that pathetic excuse for professionals.

I still think that they should have paid me to wear that bracelet & earrings!!!!!
                              Originally posted by notacon
                              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                              X