PDA

View Full Version : OK, that's it. I'm coming out of the closet!

bluerosekiller
09-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm a Fitz fan & I want him on the field ASAP.

I fought it all last season as I insisted that they gave up on Edwards too soon, all the while secretly enjoying watching Fitz win a few games with his erratic, but gutsy play.

Hell, I know that there are some that already want to "bottom out" in order to get a top draft pick in April & I understand that logic, but damn it, it's September. I don't want to suffer for the next five months.
I want SOME hope come one O'Clock the next 15 weeks.

So, put in Fitz & let's watch him put 100% effort into moving the ball, unlike the timid, beffudled, obviously uninspired Edwards.

Sure, we'll still lose our share of games, but at least the offense will be making an effort under Fitz.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
The only thing I was excited about this year was knowing the Bills will potentially have a Top 5 pick next year and hopefully that means franchise QB.

Switch to Fitz, he won't turn this team around.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
after watching yesterdays game, I am a fan of "anyone but Trent"

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
you've already suffered for 10 years, might as well take another 5 months.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Don't worry, Trent will get killed by Clay Mathews vs the Pack, and Fitz or Brohm will be in.

Not that it will matter. Neither of those two doofuses are any better than Capt. Mullet.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 03:26 PM
The only thing I was excited about this year was knowing the Bills will potentially have a Top 5 pick next year and hopefully that means franchise QB.

I'm not taking the heat for saying that. I will let you say it.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
If Buffalo waits long enough, every NFL team will have a franchise QB, and they can pick one in the 7th round of the draft.

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm no Fitz fan but I completely support him over Trent...

Even if Trent has a couple good games, he is destined to have Deer in the head light games from now till enternity

Michael82
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Switching to Fitz does nothing for us in the long run. We'd end up winning more games than we would with Brohm or Edwards and would be farther away from being able to draft one of the top QBs like Locker or Mallett.

Michael82
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
If you think that this team is good enough for the playoffs, then fine...switch to Fitzpatrick. If you don't....keep Edwards in or put Brohm in.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Edwards doesn't need many more games like Sunday to be benched. I promise you that much.

I would not be shocked if Fitzpatrick is starting by the bye if this continues.

I have been the biggest Trent supporter in the sense that I though he was the most talented QB on the roster. I'm not so sure that Fitzpatrick doesn't have a higher football IQ.

Edwards is starting to look like a dummy out there.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Fitz fan = Fitz's mom

OpIv37
09-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Trent sucks. Fitz sucks. Brohm sucks. Have them play rock-paper-scissors for the right to start before each game- I really don't give a **** because the results will be the same.

We are not going to be a relevantl NFL team until we get two NFL-caliber tackles, a true #1 WR, 2 true 3-4 LB's and a real QB.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Trent sucks. Fitz sucks. Brohm sucks. Have them play rock-paper-scissors for the right to start before each game- I really don't give a **** because the results will be the same.

We are not going to be a relevantl NFL team until we get two NFL-caliber tackles, a true #1 WR, 2 true 3-4 LB's and a real QB.

I dont know that I agree we need to get two NFL caliper T's. Do you simply mean we need to have T's that play like NFL caliper T's? If so, Id agree an say we may be developing one right now.

Agree we need a QB. This team is irrelevant without a franchise QB. I hope thats our first pick.

Agree on LB'ers. Hightower is a guy thats growing on me.

topher180
09-13-2010, 06:45 PM

I know this is uber redundant but, as long as the QB is first priority I'm good with all of the above.

As long as we are grasping here, once we get all of that, how about a 3rd LB. Can't have enough when you're running that 3-4.

OpIv37
09-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I dont know that I agree we need to get two NFL caliper T's. Do you simply mean we need to have T's that play like NFL caliper T's? If so, Id agree an say we may be developing one right now.

Agree we need a QB. This team is irrelevant without a franchise QB. I hope thats our first pick.

Agree on LB'ers. Hightower is a guy thats growing on me.

First, it's "caliber." Calipers are the mechanical part that squeezes your brake pads onto your rotors to make your car stop.

Second, I don't think any T's on our team are NFL caliber, with the possible exception of Wang- I can't comment cuz I haven't really seen him play. But either way, he's a long term project. Just out of curiosity, which one do you think can play at an NFL level?

As far as using our first pick on a QB, I hope we do and I hope we don't. I hope we're not bad enough to be picking one of the top QB's, but one way or the other, it's a huge need.

And I guess I knew there would be some transition going to the 3-4, but I really didn't think our LB's would be quite THIS bad.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 08:48 PM
First, it's "caliber." Calipers are the mechanical part that squeezes your brake pads onto your rotors to make your car stop.

Second, I don't think any T's on our team are NFL caliber, with the possible exception of Wang- I can't comment cuz I haven't really seen him play. But either way, he's a long term project. Just out of curiosity, which one do you think can play at an NFL level?

As far as using our first pick on a QB, I hope we do and I hope we don't. I hope we're not bad enough to be picking one of the top QB's, but one way or the other, it's a huge need.

And I guess I knew there would be some transition going to the 3-4, but I really didn't think our LB's would be quite THIS bad.
Demetrius Bell could develop into a quality NFL starter, IMO. Meredith might, but I really think he's more likely to be a solid backup.

I agree none of our T's are solid yet.

I think our defense will get better, I think the transition simply takes time to learn. For one thing our secondary seems to be getting better.

I will not argue that our LB'ers need an upgrade. I agree, they do.

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Switching to Fitz does nothing for us in the long run. We'd end up winning more games than we would with Brohm or Edwards and would be farther away from being able to draft one of the top QBs like Locker or Mallett.

i think luck will be the better pick.

TMu11
09-14-2010, 06:07 AM
At least by keeping Edwards in all season and watching him flop on the field will dismiss all "potential" theories and we will finally be able to get rid of Edwards for good and move on, yet again. The worst thing this team has done is think "maybe" in regards to Trent. Let's see if he has it or not, and move on.

X-Era
09-14-2010, 06:10 AM
At least by keeping Edwards in all season and watching him flop on the field will dismiss all "potential" theories and we will finally be able to get rid of Edwards for good and move on, yet again. The worst thing this team has done is think "maybe" in regards to Trent. Let's see if he has it or not, and move on.

I think we have every intention of doing just that. But, he basically has to show he is the guy or he is gone; his contract is up. Just being "serviceable" wont cut it. I think Gailey and Nix know we need a significant upgrade at QB.

I fully expect our top pick to be a QB.

ChristopherWalken
09-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Nice that you've "come out" about Edwards.

You are right about Edwards but wrong about Fitzcraptrick. We've already seen the best of Fitzcraptrick.