PDA

View Full Version : Did you catch the Nix presser?

X-Era
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Pretty much called out Cornell Green.

Said he's not a big McNabb fan.

Interesting stuff.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Speaks-at-the-Monday-QB-Club/5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5#?id=5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5

WeAreArthurMoates
09-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Well I hope by calling him out he will replace him with some. I'd take Mike Gandy over that slob.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Well I hope by calling him out he will replace him with some. I'd take Mike Gandy over that slob.

Make the trade.

SD could use a pick or two and one of our players, and we could use the player.

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
a 34 year old well traveled T shouldn't be expected to be the answer

but what is the answer Nix ?

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
someone brought up how Parrish was open a lot and Trent was fixed on Spiller running the flat :ill:

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 03:43 PM
ya know after I listen to about half that presser.. All I hear is we have a long rebuild process ahead of us.

and Nix what did Trent do well outside of reading the one blown coverage and making the TD pass to Roscoe ??? He said Trent did some thing well????????????

YardRat
09-13-2010, 03:44 PM
At least he admitted Edwards was gun shy.

Kind of a surprising comment on McNabb...so much for looking at bringing him in this past off-season.

madness
09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
"If you're not careful, you'll let yourself get caught up in being just a fan. Which means that if you win one, everybody gets high and we're going to win them all. If you lose one, we're never going to win again. And it's neither one."

Sound familiar?

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
ya know after I listen to about half that presser.. All I hear is we have a long rebuild process ahead of us.

and Nix what did Trent do well outside of reading the one blown coverage and making the TD pass to Roscoe ??? He said Trent did some thing well????????????

Trent escaped pressure well.

I'll give him that, and I'm sure that is part of what he was alluding to. The throws were horrible. HORRIBLE. I was impressed how many times he got out of danger, but it was like a shot in the pills when all he could muster was a piss poor throw, or a 4 yd run. Fitzy got us back into the game with a 31 yd TD run against the phish last year...he also seems to do better making adjustments once a play is broken.

I could have gone for some more questions, but you Nix doesn't hide from anybody/anything. After all of the mediocrity and questionable moves, this guy is a breath of fresh air. I have faith in him.

I am as impatient as anybody I know, so this rebuilding is ****ing killing me.

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Trent escaped pressure well.

I saw Trent have 0 pocket prescence yesterday.. He was running scared not avoiding pressure well IMO.

I know on one of his sacks he gingerly stepped up in the pocket and it was too little to late...

Eventually
09-13-2010, 03:56 PM
At least he admitted Edwards was gun shy.

Kind of a surprising comment on McNabb...so much for looking at bringing him in this past off-season.

you know I kinda agree with you there but I'm not so sure about some of the things Nix says from time to time. Let me elaborate a little:

Many reports prior to the draft had the Bills really targeting Tebow in the second round or possibly tradiing back up to get him. Whether that was the plan or not, reports came out about this from numerous sources but then after the Draft Nix made some statements about NEVER wanting tebow etc...

Then there was the coaching search. Numerous sources were stating nobody wanted this job at all. Againg the number of "insiders" speaking on this topic was staggering, but then Nix comes out and says he had so many quality coaches calling about the job.

Now we have this Mcnabb thing. Again, tons of reports out there stating the bills were perusing the idea, and many others said we definitely had contact, others said a trade was all but done, others said a trade was done but Mcnabb refused to play for Buffalo and wouldn't sign a long term deal, and now Nix says he really doesn't like Mcnabb very much.

Just seems he plays it out a different way than many do. In fact I believe he's actually been critical of the media reports here and there, but is it only strange to me that so many different reports come out and then Nix says something afterwards, after something didn't happen, making a comment that virtually shoots down all the reports as ever being credible. I don't know, so many saying similar things, I find it hard to believe they masses are allways incorrect when it comes to Buffalo. I don't know find it strange

kingJofNYC
09-13-2010, 04:01 PM
He's not going to take shots at Trent, they'd need him to be somewhat confident going into the next few weeks. His ego is fragile, you need to prop him up as much as you can.

Would have been interesting if someone in the crowd brought up Jammal Brown. Nix & Whaley could've easily pulled the trigger on a deal for him, and yet held off on 3rd/4th, depending on performance, compensation that the Saints were looking for.

Their inaction leads me to one conclusion. We were never a good football team going into '10, we'll be drafting near the top so a 3rd is more like a low 2. There's basically no point in trying to get better when we need to bottom out and build from scratch. Good old fashion cartharsis.

Nix has a great sense of humor, at the very least he's a good salesman.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
you know I kinda agree with you there but I'm not so sure about some of the things Nix says from time to time. Let me elaborate a little:

Many reports prior to the draft had the Bills really targeting Tebow in the second round or possibly tradiing back up to get him. Whether that was the plan or not, reports came out about this from numerous sources but then after the Draft Nix made some statements about NEVER wanting tebow etc...

Then there was the coaching search. Numerous sources were stating nobody wanted this job at all. Againg the number of "insiders" speaking on this topic was staggering, but then Nix comes out and says he had so many quality coaches calling about the job.

Now we have this Mcnabb thing. Again, tons of reports out there stating the bills were perusing the idea, and many others said we definitely had contact, others said a trade was all but done, others said a trade was done but Mcnabb refused to play for Buffalo and wouldn't sign a long term deal, and now Nix says he really doesn't like Mcnabb very much.

Just seems he plays it out a different way than many do. In fact I believe he's actually been critical of the media reports here and there, but is it only strange to me that so many different reports come out and then Nix says something afterwards, after something didn't happen, making a comment that virtually shoots down all the reports as ever being credible. I don't know, so many saying similar things, I find it hard to believe they masses are allways incorrect when it comes to Buffalo. I don't know find it strange

Obiously I dont know this. But. The first thing I thought on the McNabb comment is that he was bitter. Bitter like McNabb refused to play for us and we really wanted him. Nix said he's not a McNabb fan. That seems present tense. Maybe it implies that he isn't now because he was burned by him.

Just a thought that is obviously nothing more than conjecture.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 04:07 PM
He's not going to take shots at Trent, they'd need him to be somewhat confident going into the next few weeks. His ego is fragile, you need to prop him up as much as you can.

Would have been interesting if someone in the crowd brought up Jammal Brown. Nix & Whaley could've easily pulled the trigger on a deal for him, and yet held off on 3rd/4th, depending on performance, compensation that the Saints were looking for.

Their inaction leads me to one conclusion. We were never a good football team going into '10, we'll be drafting near the top so a 3rd is more like a low 2. There's basically no point in trying to get better when we need to bottom out and build from scratch. Good old fashion cartharsis.

Nix has a great sense of humor, at the very least he's a good salesman.

If thats the case I can almost agree. The only reason I agree is because we wont trade or sign for the significant upgrades. If your stuck with building solely through the draft, I want the best players possible. And the most likely way to get that franchise QB is through the very top of the draft.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2010, 04:11 PM
I thought the presser was great. He called out an obvious problem with Cornell Green. Does is get better that "yeah, I watched the same game you guys did".

I thought he made a point of saying that we didn't establish the run and that didn't help out Edwards. I also think he acknowledged that Edwards has a problem looking downfield.

The o-line is our biggest issue and he all but said that. The Urbik comment was interesting.

I think Cornell Green might be benched this week.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 04:13 PM
The Urbik comment was interesting.

I forgot about that comment. He said that they had three guys on their board at the top of the G position and it was Levitre, Wood, and Urbik.

kingJofNYC
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Exactly right, we need to bottom out completely if we're going to land a QB. The 7-9 seasons hurt, along with terrible drafting. We should have been near the top of the draft for several years.

We just need to nail the next couple of drafts. We'll see how it plays out, Nix had a bare cupboard to be honest. Outside of Evans, their's no real compliment. We lucked out with Peters, but didn't draft a capable tackle to man the opposite side, didn't even draft a replacement when we traded him away.

I'm not sure why I have faith in Nix/Whaley but I do. Maybe I'm just crazy, you'd have to be a little bit nuts to keep seeing the same **** repeat over and over again yet still expect a different outcome. Time will tell.

Michael82
09-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I forgot about that comment. He said that they had three guys on their board at the top of the G position and it was Levitre, Wood, and Urbik.
I like the sound of this...

LT Demetrius Bell - LG Andy Levitre - C Geoff Hangartner - RG Eric Wood - RT Kraig Urbik

Michael82
09-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I thought the presser was great. He called out an obvious problem with Cornell Green. Does is get better that "yeah, I watched the same game you guys did".

I thought he made a point of saying that we didn't establish the run and that didn't help out Edwards. I also think he acknowledged that Edwards has a problem looking downfield.

The o-line is our biggest issue and he all but said that. The Urbik comment was interesting.

I think Cornell Green might be benched this week.
I'd bench Green and start Meredith in a heartbeat!

Michael82
09-13-2010, 04:23 PM
After listening to Buddy Nix, I'm more inclined to believe that the real plan for the Buffalo Bills isn't just a quick fix. It's a 3 year rebuilding process before we get this team back to respectability again. And it's nice to finally have a real plan. Year 1 was the defense IMO.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Which could be our middle of the OL once they develop....

LG Andy Levitre - C Eric Wood - RG Kraig Urbik

Mikey they were talking about putting Urbik at RT eventually.

I'm not sure why people don't give Hangartner credit. He was our best o-lineman yesterday.

Jeff1220
09-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Whether he's successful with the team or not, I like the guy's attitude and personality.
As far as McNabb and all the other Nix/Media contradictions, it's probably a little bit of the media listening too much to what agents say and a little bit of Nix saving face after something not working out as planned.

Prov401
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
After listening to Buddy Nix, I'm more inclined to believe that the real plan for the Buffalo Bills isn't just a quick fix. It's a 3 year rebuilding process before we get this team back to respectability again. And it's nice to finally have a real plan. Year 1 was the defense IMO.

He forgot the linebackers.

We need to spend in FA. We never make any great moves in FA, and all the elite teams do. Yea, having good drafts is a teriffic thing, and I have faith in Nix getting us good players, as I thought he did in this draft. But those are kids coming up playing a big boy game. Not many players from college are instant stars when they come into the leauge. You get a few for sure, but most of them are 2-3 year projects, especially after the first round.

We need to spend $$$ in FA like the Pats, Steelers, Saints, Cowboys, Giants, etc. all do.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 04:37 PM

I totally agree.

Sometimes you have to stink bad before you can get good again.

THRILLHO
09-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Why do we care what he thinks about McNabb?

JCBills
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Hopefully Green gets benched for Meredith.

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
I like the sound of this...

LT Demetrius Bell - LG Andy Levitre - C Geoff Hangartner - RG Eric Wood - RT Kraig Urbik
Nix said Urbik, Levitre and Wood were the top rated interior linemen on their board.

So maybe he is thinking something like.....

Bell - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Meredith. I like that.

Michael82
09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Nix said Urbik, Levitre and Wood were the top rated interior linemen on their board.

So maybe he is thinking something like.....

Bell - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Meredith. I like that.
That's what I said first, but a couple people corrected me when they said how Buddy Nix talked about how Urbik could be used as a RT and was a good RT in college.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
That's what I said first, but a couple people corrected me when they said how Buddy Nix talked about how Urbik could be used as a RT and was a good RT in college.

I think they are more interested in drafting a RT over a LT. They keep talking up Bell.

Its possible.

baalworship
09-13-2010, 05:30 PM
I think they are more interested in drafting a RT over a LT. They keep talking up Bell.

Its possible.

Andrew Luck round 1,

Right Tackle round 2. Easier to find a good one than a Left.

Lone Stranger
09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I am impressed that we actually learned something today. I appreciate the apparent candor in Nix' comments.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Andrew Luck round 1,

Right Tackle round 2. Easier to find a good one than a Left.

:clap:

Theres a few that have a chance to be good at LT out of the 1st round. On the right side, Reynolds didnt look great but he's solid. Ijalana is another.

baalworship
09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
A couple other thoughts. If Nix is not a fan of McNabb what in the world must he think of Trent?! He was making McNabb, a better QB than we've had in 10 years, sound like chopped liver.

Also, he said defense played a lot better than he expected. I have a bad feeling about next week when our D will get shredded.

Extremebillsfan247
09-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Pretty much called out Cornell Green.

Said he's not a big McNabb fan.

Interesting stuff.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Speaks-at-the-Monday-QB-Club/5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5#?id=5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5yeah, I seen that. Some funny stuff there. He should do stand up. He's a natural with getting a laugh out of a somber crowd. I would love to see him go to battle in a one on one with Sully. That would be hilarious. JMO

djjimkelly
09-13-2010, 06:19 PM
after listening to his presser i know this guy is gonna turn it around

just a matter how long its gonna take but its gonna happen under nix!

Extremebillsfan247
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
after listening to his presser i know this guy is gonna turn it around

just a matter how long its gonna take but its gonna happen under nix!Yeah, I completely agree with that. I think Nix is going to get it done. It will take time and patience is pretty thin here but I think he has an excellent approach to all this. JMO

djjimkelly
09-13-2010, 06:25 PM
also his comment im on the hook for anything from january on and we need to fix some mistakes.

next year will be one serious cleaning up at one bills drive

and thank god

ghz in pittsburgh
09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Urbik has no foot speed to be a RT

JCBills
09-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Urbik has no foot speed to be a RT

Listening to the presser again....

(In reference to Urbik) "He's a possibility. We got another guy that is."

Wondering who the other guy is. Either Meredith or Wang, and with Wang doubtfully ready, I'm led to believe they're talking about Meredith.

X-Era
09-13-2010, 07:00 PM

Wondering who the other guy is. Either Meredith or Wang, and with Wang doubtfully ready, I'm led to believe they're talking about Meredith.

Id prefer Meredith to Green. But, Meredith got blown back on one play too.

Nighthawk
09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
After listening to his presser it's obvious he has no clue how bad Trent is and they plan on jamming him down our throat. He actually tried talking down about McNabb in defense of Trent. What an f'n joke.

JCBills
09-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Id prefer Meredith to Green. But, Meredith got blown back on one play too.

Yeah, that will happen, he allowed a sack to Misi, but I'm not worried about it. He's got all the tools just let the man play, he just needs the reps.

Extremebillsfan247
09-13-2010, 07:36 PM
After listening to his presser it's obvious he has no clue how bad Trent is and they plan on jamming him down our throat. He actually tried talking down about McNabb in defense of Trent. What an f'n joke. So are we going to start accusing Nix of being dishonest now because we as fans are a little sour over the Bills loss to Miami? I get it, have to take it out on somebody right? lol geez...

Nighthawk
09-13-2010, 07:54 PM
So are we going to start accusing Nix of being dishonest now because we as fans are a little sour over the Bills loss to Miami? I get it, have to take it out on somebody right? lol geez...

You're not serious...are you???

Novacane
09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
After listening to his presser it's obvious he has no clue how bad Trent is and they plan on jamming him down our throat. He actually tried talking down about McNabb in defense of Trent. What an f'n joke.

He has to realize how bad Trent is. He HAS to! If he doesn't then all this talk of NIx being the guy to turn this team around is a joke.

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 08:05 PM
A couple other thoughts. If Nix is not a fan of McNabb what in the world must he think of Trent?! He was making McNabb, a better QB than we've had in 10 years, sound like chopped liver.

Also, he said defense played a lot better than he expected. I have a bad feeling about next week when our D will get shredded.

Not true...you almost listened. He said he is a pro and has been at it for a long time in the next breath. I am not a fan of people that are very good players, but they might not be a fit on this team, or if we are truly rebuilding, McNabb doesn't have three years left in the tank, and what you are going to have to pay him is going to prohibit you from signing other players.

If it made better fodder the way you heard it, I apologize.

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 08:11 PM

Jesus, man, come down from the tower. Holy ****.

Please explain "jamming him down our throat." Seriously, what does that mean? You may be completely correct in your assumption, but I am genuinely confused by this. Are you insinuating this is a conspiracy? Why would they want to do this, and what would the benefit be?

If Trent plays like he did yesterday in the Ralph, again, it will be empty by halftime. That crowd yesterday was putting their hearts into the game, only to have them ripped out with every 3 and out. This is going to, not only make Gailey look stupid, but it is going to ****** the development of the other players in the system. I think they are trying to make moves without selling the farm, and I'm fine with that.

We are yelling for McNeil (some anyway,) but when April gets here an we still have the same holes, and more, depending on resigning, and we have 5 draft picks, we will hear the same people crying because you have to have draft picks to build.

I just really want to know what "cramming him down our throats" means. I may agree with you, who knows?

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Someone asked Nix if Urbik could play RT and he said that he could because he played it in college. But then Nix when on to mention that Urbik was in his top three interior linemen rankings before the 09 draft.

Nighthawk
09-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Jesus, man, come down from the tower. Holy ****.

Please explain "jamming him down our throat." Seriously, what does that mean? You may be completely correct in your assumption, but I am genuinely confused by this. Are you insinuating this is a conspiracy? Why would they want to do this, and what would the benefit be?

If Trent plays like he did yesterday in the Ralph, again, it will be empty by halftime. That crowd yesterday was putting their hearts into the game, only to have them ripped out with every 3 and out. This is going to, not only make Gailey look stupid, but it is going to ****** the development of the other players in the system. I think they are trying to make moves without selling the farm, and I'm fine with that.

We are yelling for McNeil (some anyway,) but when April gets here an we still have the same holes, and more, depending on resigning, and we have 5 draft picks, we will hear the same people crying because you have to have draft picks to build.

I just really want to know what "cramming him down our throats" means. I may agree with you, who knows?

IMO and some others on this board, it seems pretty obvious that Edwards is a Ralph favorite who he wants to play. I've heard nothing but excuses for Trent's performance yesterday except the truth...that he sucks and did nothing right. Nix actually stated that Edwards did some things right...really??? What exactly did he do right...tie his cleats before the game??? Sorry, but all of the coddling of Trent is laughable...the guy doesn't deserve it and has done absolutely nothing to have these guys making excuses for him.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-13-2010, 08:52 PM

The word out of Pittsburgh is that he is not good in space (slow) and weak. That's why they cut him. If he can play RT, he'd sure stick to the Steelers.

Now he did play RT in college somewhat. And I think any backup O-Linemen should be able to play all position at least a bit. But if the Bills come down to him for RT, we are really screwed.

Bell played 40 snaps at LT. I still think he needs another two games before he plays a complete game. That take Meredith out of it (I doubt they will switch a near rookie left and right in games). Wang's thumb is still in cast and he's a rookie. I'd put Levitre/Wood out at RT before Urbik.

JCBills
09-13-2010, 08:54 PM
The word out of Pittsburgh is that he is not good in space (slow) and weak. That's why they cut him. If he can play RT, he'd sure stick to the Steelers.

Now he did play RT in college somewhat. And I think any backup O-Linemen should be able to play all position at least a bit. But if the Bills come down to him for RT, we are really screwed.

Bell played 40 snaps at LT. I still think he needs another two games before he plays a complete game. That take Meredith out of it (I doubt they will switch a near rookie left and right in games). Wang's thumb is still in cast and he's a rookie. I'd put Levitre/Wood out at RT before Urbik.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about putting Urbik at RT at all, just using the context of Nix being asked in the presser. I was going to point out that Nix mentioned him as a top interior line prospect, but X was on it.