• Feb 2005

Did you catch the Nix presser?

Pretty much called out Cornell Green.

Said he's not a big McNabb fan.

Interesting stuff.

• WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: Did you catch the Nix presser?

Well I hope by calling him out he will replace him with some. I'd take Mike Gandy over that slob.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
      Well I hope by calling him out he will replace him with some. I'd take Mike Gandy over that slob.
      Make the trade.

SD could use a pick or two and one of our players, and we could use the player.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

a 34 year old well traveled T shouldn't be expected to be the answer

but what is the answer Nix ?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

someone brought up how Parrish was open a lot and Trent was fixed on Spiller running the flat
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
            • Jan 2005

ya know after I listen to about half that presser.. All I hear is we have a long rebuild process ahead of us.

and Nix what did Trent do well outside of reading the one blown coverage and making the TD pass to Roscoe ??? He said Trent did some thing well????????????

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

At least he admitted Edwards was gun shy.

Kind of a surprising comment on McNabb...so much for looking at bringing him in this past off-season.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

"If you're not careful, you'll let yourself get caught up in being just a fan. Which means that if you win one, everybody gets high and we're going to win them all. If you lose one, we're never going to win again. And it's neither one."

Sound familiar?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  ya know after I listen to about half that presser.. All I hear is we have a long rebuild process ahead of us.

and Nix what did Trent do well outside of reading the one blown coverage and making the TD pass to Roscoe ??? He said Trent did some thing well????????????
                  Trent escaped pressure well.

I'll give him that, and I'm sure that is part of what he was alluding to. The throws were horrible. HORRIBLE. I was impressed how many times he got out of danger, but it was like a shot in the pills when all he could muster was a piss poor throw, or a 4 yd run. Fitzy got us back into the game with a 31 yd TD run against the phish last year...he also seems to do better making adjustments once a play is broken.

I could have gone for some more questions, but you Nix doesn't hide from anybody/anything. After all of the mediocrity and questionable moves, this guy is a breath of fresh air. I have faith in him.

I am as impatient as anybody I know, so this rebuilding is ****ing killing me.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                    Trent escaped pressure well.

I saw Trent have 0 pocket prescence yesterday.. He was running scared not avoiding pressure well IMO.

I know on one of his sacks he gingerly stepped up in the pocket and it was too little to late...
                    Last edited by ddaryl; 09-13-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Eventually
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
                      At least he admitted Edwards was gun shy.

Kind of a surprising comment on McNabb...so much for looking at bringing him in this past off-season.
                      you know I kinda agree with you there but I'm not so sure about some of the things Nix says from time to time. Let me elaborate a little:

Many reports prior to the draft had the Bills really targeting Tebow in the second round or possibly tradiing back up to get him. Whether that was the plan or not, reports came out about this from numerous sources but then after the Draft Nix made some statements about NEVER wanting tebow etc...

Then there was the coaching search. Numerous sources were stating nobody wanted this job at all. Againg the number of "insiders" speaking on this topic was staggering, but then Nix comes out and says he had so many quality coaches calling about the job.

Now we have this Mcnabb thing. Again, tons of reports out there stating the bills were perusing the idea, and many others said we definitely had contact, others said a trade was all but done, others said a trade was done but Mcnabb refused to play for Buffalo and wouldn't sign a long term deal, and now Nix says he really doesn't like Mcnabb very much.

Just seems he plays it out a different way than many do. In fact I believe he's actually been critical of the media reports here and there, but is it only strange to me that so many different reports come out and then Nix says something afterwards, after something didn't happen, making a comment that virtually shoots down all the reports as ever being credible. I don't know, so many saying similar things, I find it hard to believe they masses are allways incorrect when it comes to Buffalo. I don't know find it strange

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

He's not going to take shots at Trent, they'd need him to be somewhat confident going into the next few weeks. His ego is fragile, you need to prop him up as much as you can.

Would have been interesting if someone in the crowd brought up Jammal Brown. Nix & Whaley could've easily pulled the trigger on a deal for him, and yet held off on 3rd/4th, depending on performance, compensation that the Saints were looking for.

Their inaction leads me to one conclusion. We were never a good football team going into '10, we'll be drafting near the top so a 3rd is more like a low 2. There's basically no point in trying to get better when we need to bottom out and build from scratch. Good old fashion cartharsis.

Nix has a great sense of humor, at the very least he's a good salesman.
                        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 09-13-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Eventually
                          you know I kinda agree with you there but I'm not so sure about some of the things Nix says from time to time. Let me elaborate a little:

Many reports prior to the draft had the Bills really targeting Tebow in the second round or possibly tradiing back up to get him. Whether that was the plan or not, reports came out about this from numerous sources but then after the Draft Nix made some statements about NEVER wanting tebow etc...

Then there was the coaching search. Numerous sources were stating nobody wanted this job at all. Againg the number of "insiders" speaking on this topic was staggering, but then Nix comes out and says he had so many quality coaches calling about the job.

Now we have this Mcnabb thing. Again, tons of reports out there stating the bills were perusing the idea, and many others said we definitely had contact, others said a trade was all but done, others said a trade was done but Mcnabb refused to play for Buffalo and wouldn't sign a long term deal, and now Nix says he really doesn't like Mcnabb very much.

Just seems he plays it out a different way than many do. In fact I believe he's actually been critical of the media reports here and there, but is it only strange to me that so many different reports come out and then Nix says something afterwards, after something didn't happen, making a comment that virtually shoots down all the reports as ever being credible. I don't know, so many saying similar things, I find it hard to believe they masses are allways incorrect when it comes to Buffalo. I don't know find it strange
                          Obiously I dont know this. But. The first thing I thought on the McNabb comment is that he was bitter. Bitter like McNabb refused to play for us and we really wanted him. Nix said he's not a McNabb fan. That seems present tense. Maybe it implies that he isn't now because he was burned by him.

Just a thought that is obviously nothing more than conjecture.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                            He's not going to take shots at Trent, they'd need him to be somewhat confident going into the next few weeks. His ego is fragile, you need to prop him up as much as you can.

Would have been interesting if someone in the crowd brought up Jammal Brown. Nix & Whaley could've easily pulled the trigger on a deal for him, and yet held off on 3rd/4th, depending on performance, compensation that the Saints were looking for.

Their inaction leads me to one conclusion. We were never a good football team going into '10, we'll be drafting near the top so a 3rd is more like a low 2. There's basically no point in trying to get better when we need to bottom out and build from scratch. Good old fashion cartharsis.

Nix has a great sense of humor, at the very least he's a good salesman.
                            If thats the case I can almost agree. The only reason I agree is because we wont trade or sign for the significant upgrades. If your stuck with building solely through the draft, I want the best players possible. And the most likely way to get that franchise QB is through the very top of the draft.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I thought the presser was great. He called out an obvious problem with Cornell Green. Does is get better that "yeah, I watched the same game you guys did".

I thought he made a point of saying that we didn't establish the run and that didn't help out Edwards. I also think he acknowledged that Edwards has a problem looking downfield.

The o-line is our biggest issue and he all but said that. The Urbik comment was interesting.

I think Cornell Green might be benched this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X