X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

How bad do you have to suck

To be #2 and #3 behind Edwards? Seriously. This team is screwed.

Gailey must be wondering what the f he's gotten himself into. Even Tyler Thigpen looked miles better than Trent in Gailey's offense, and he's what, 3rd string in Miami?

I hate to write the season off so early, but unless someone super-imposes Trent's head onto Peyton Manning's body, this season is over and it's barely begun.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: How bad do you have to suck

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
    I hate to write the season off so early, but unless someone super-imposes Trent's head onto Peyton Manning's body, this season is over and it's barely begun.
    Id rather have Peytons head on Edwards body.

He cant handle the mental aspect of the game.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Gailey knows exactly what he has gotten into.. he got a job in the NFL by one of the few if any clubs that would give him another shot.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
        • Jul 2009

I'm starting to think that the way they put this thing together leads to the conclusion that they are tanking it to get a franchise QB in the draft

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ground Chuck
          I'm starting to think that the way they put this thing together leads to the conclusion that they are tanking it to get a franchise QB in the draft
          Could be. The certainly only added a few players in FA when we knew we needed really good players at several spots. I think they knew they had Edwards for the rest of this year and figured they would give him a chance over the year. But hes gone at the end of this year and we will be shopping hardcore for a QB at that point.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            To be #2 and #3 behind Edwards? Seriously. This team is screwed.

Gailey must be wondering what the f he's gotten himself into. Even Tyler Thigpen looked miles better than Trent in Gailey's offense, and he's what, 3rd string in Miami?

What yesterday looked like to me was a misjudgment by Gailey thinking he could give this offense more than he gave them in the preseason thinking they were ready to handle a bigger playbook. So now I'm fully expecting he is going to on that idea, and will dummy it down a bit until this offense has some resemblance of a group that is in sync.

We already knew this team was going to struggle, so why this is a surprise to any fan here is beyond me. This is a team that will continue to struggle but will also get better as the season goes on. It's the first game of the year, and we still have a long way to go. It just isn't time yet to slap that panic button. The only way to get through a season like this one is by hunting for the positives among the many negatives that will be on display here through out the course of the season.

This front office has just started this thing. It will take time to build something out of. I've said this on here before but I think it bears repeating in a time like this. We got a little worse in order to get better. That is all we are seeing here. JMO Go Bills..

Comment

• more cowbell
              • Apr 2006

lol it's been one game where the entire offense played horrible...
              The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by more cowbell
                3yrs plus one game. Trent is not nor will he ever be even an average QB

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Over the years here it's been a truly remarkable phenomenon how bad QBs draw a few but loud defenders. Some UB grad student ought to write a paper on it.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Billz_fan
                    • Jan 2003

It's been one game if you just became a bills fan this year. It's been alot more for everyone else.
                    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                    X