X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Urbik pickup starting to make sense

A former 3rd round selection drafted as a Guard by Pittsburgh in 2009, Urbik who played OT in college spent most of his time in Pittsburgh learning to play guard and center, 2 positions he hadn't had a lot of experience in. When rookie Ramon Foster beat him out this preseason for the backup guard position, he was put on waivers. The Bills spent little time in snatching him up giving them 3 of some of the top O linemen prospects of the '09 draft.

After listening to Buddy Nix speak during today's Monday QB Club http://www.buffalobills.com/media-ce...3-37365682b3c5 , It started to make sense as to why they brought in Urbik. The 6'5" 323 pound Olineman may eventually end up as our starting RT. It is a position where he flourished in college with Wisconsin. If this works out, we will be set at 3 of our oline positions for a long time. The prospect of that amidst the gloom that is evident early in this season, there are some bright spots that look promising heading into the future here. JMO..
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Urbik pickup starting to make sense

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
    A former 3rd round selection drafted as a Guard by Pittsburgh in 2009, Urbik who played OT in college spent most of his time in Pittsburgh learning to play guard and center, 2 positions he hadn't had a lot of experience in. When rookie Ramon Foster beat him out this preseason for the backup guard position, he was put on waivers. The Bills spent little time in snatching him up giving them 3 of some of the top O linemen prospects of the '09 draft.

After listening to Buddy Nix speak during today's Monday QB Club http://www.buffalobills.com/media-ce...3-37365682b3c5 , It started to make sense as to why they brought in Urbik. The 6'5" 323 pound Olineman may eventually end up as our starting RT. It is a position where he flourished in college with Wisconsin. If this works out, we will be set at 3 of our oline positions for a long time. The prospect of that amidst the gloom that is evident early in this season, there are some bright spots that look promising heading into the future here. JMO..
    For the Bills, he was one of the top 3 interior linemen.

Nix didnt say he thought he was a RT, he only said he played it in college and may be able to play there.

I think its a leap to imply we picked the guy up thinking he was going to become our starting RT.
    Last edited by X-Era; 09-13-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

They got him to play guard, though Im sure they wouldnt mind him seeing be the 4th OT for the time being since Wang isn't ready.

But in terms of playing guard, he's pretty well behind Cordaro Howard right now.

I'd expect him to spend at least the new few weeks inactive.

He could also crack the roster should Hangartner go down and Wood is forced to center.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by X-Era
        For the Bills, he was one of the top 3 interior linemen.

Nix didnt say he thought he was a RT, he only said he played it in college and may be able to play there.

I think its a leap to imply we picked the guy up thinking he was going to become our starting RT.
        On this team he might just be good enough to do that. It isn't like we are bursting at the seems with prospects for the position. The thought of him eventually becoming a starting OT for this team is completely intuitive. The Nix comment was simply a starting point to that thought process. Digging for information on Urbik rounded it out for me. Maybe I'm wrong here, But who else do we really have? lol

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

When is our Wang going to be up and ready to go? Maybe a little work with Levitre would help? The guy is an incredible athlete, and maybe he could be as good as Wood.
          Last edited by Beebe's Kid; 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

Meredith-Levitre-Wood-Urbik-Bell

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              • May 2009

i think they would be better off moving levitre to rt and urbik as a guard.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Anything is better than green. I have said it from day 1, he is the worst RT in the league

Him being signed so fast by us in free agency, makes me worry about our decision making. The front office what the hell were they thinking there were plenty of player's available that were way better than him out there
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                X