PDA

View Full Version : Hey Patmoran, start with the coach.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 07:55 AM
You write an entire thread on the Bills loss singling out the players.. Yes Pat, Edwards played timid and continues to prove why we hate him.

However, if you watched the game the first thing you would have noticed is that Gailey got severly outcoached. Instead of writing an entire page on why players suck, (did we expect Cornell Green to be good), why don't you start with the head coach?

Did Gailey not think Miami was going to take away Spiller? It was apparant that he built an entire gameplan around Spiller being superman. When that didn't happen the entire offensive gameplan fell apart. Wasn't Gailey supposed to put his QB in good situations? He ran Jackson and Lynch out there like they were running into a burning building with a baby on the third floor. It was panic.

What I noticed was a head coach overwhelmed. Did he not realize his o-line was bad? He didn't have 5 months to figure that Bell and Green aren't starting tackles?

Sorry, I don't blame the loss on the o-line, Edwards, or Spiller. The players played well enough to keep it a 3 point game. Wasn't this the coach that would win us the close games that Jauron couldn't?

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 08:16 AM
You write an entire thread on the Bills loss singling out Edwards. Yes Pat, Edwards played timid and continues to prove why we hate him.

However, if you watched the game the first thing you would have noticed is that Gailey got severly outcoached. Instead of writing an entire page on why players suck, (did we expect Cornell Green to be good), why don't you start with the head coach?

Did Gailey not think Miami was going to take away Spiller? It was apparant that he built an entire gameplan around Spiller being superman. When that didn't happen the entire offensive gameplan fell apart. Wasn't Gailey supposed to put his QB in good situations? He ran Jackson and Lynch out there like they were running into a burning building with a baby on the third floor. It was panic.

What I noticed was a head coach overwhelmed. Did he not realize his o-line was bad? He didn't have 5 months to figure that Bell and Green aren't starting tackles?

Sorry, I don't blame the loss on the o-line, Edwards, or Spiller. The players played well enough to keep it a 3 point game. Wasn't this the coach that would win us the close games that Jauron couldn't?
This is just an undercover attempt to take blame away from Trent.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-14-2010, 08:19 AM

No it's not. HH has been critical of Trent since Sunday. He has even went as far to say if he plays similar to Sunday he will lose job to Fitz. So let's be fair.

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Awwww, that's cute...you started a whole thread to defend your boy!!!

It is noble that in this day and age you wouldn't let anybody talk bad about your man...and they say chivalry is dead!!!

It was also noble how you get a dig on Bell in there. Minus the few 13 year old posters that just call him out because that is a popular name to call out, most people that watched the game were impressed with Bell.

Not you, the jilted-former-lover of Jason Peters. Nobody will ever play LT like Peters did, and you are going to let the world know it...everyday...forever...

I know this isn't possible, but I wonder what happened to Chan's game plan when he called in the first pass play, and all of the sudden his pre-season All-Star looked all Trentative...

I know what he did. He tried to call a few confidence builder passes. Some short passes, a screen, a few in the flats... Trent misfired on a few, threw a few into the line, got sacked.

Maybe if we keep Trent in the shotgun, he'll get more comfortable, and find his rhythm. Wrong.

I agree that Chan should have been more prepared, he should have had his hook ready, he should have rescued Trent from what was transpiring. I figured you would understand saving Trent, as opposed to giving us a chance to win, because that is obviously of minimal importance.

Fact is, HH, that there while you may find yourself overwhelmingly attracted to Trent, and how he throws the ball in shorts, he doesn't play well in a game. There were receivers open. There was enough time to make plays. He didn't. He got scared and we saw the same **** we've seen since the end of '08.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 08:22 AM
No it's not. HH has been critical of Trent since Sunday. He has even went as far to say if he plays similar to Sunday he will lose job to Fitz. So let's be fair.
He is critical because he has no choice but I guarantee he believes the OL and Gailey are more at fault than Side Burns.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Wow.

The board is already adopting Chan Gailey apologists.

That is cute!

better days
09-14-2010, 08:25 AM

It just took him a while to come up with an excuse for Trents POOR PLAY. He finally came up with blame the HC. He is right in one respect, it was Chan that picked Trent to be his QB. That was totally Chans fault, EVERYONE but HH & a FEW others could have told him Trent SUCKS.

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2010, 08:26 AM

That was to save his own ass from getting flamed! As much as many fans solely blamed Trent, many posters would have been looking for HH to answer for his man-crush. So, against everything he stood for, HH had to be critical of Trent...he had to buy some time before the could go back to this ****.

How long? Two days oughta do it. He made it all the way to Tuesday before it was everybody's fault but Trent's. Even took the time to make sure Bell got called out.

This was premeditated. Exhibit A, the stiff towel located under HH's bed, along with a #5 jersey and a lock of Trent's hair.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm pretty sure that I said Edwards was terrible. I'm not defending his play at all.

Matter-of-fact I would start Fitzpatrick this week but I'm sure they are going to give Edwards one more game to hang himself with.

However, Gailey got outcoached and that is the number one reason we lost the game.

Read the thread.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-14-2010, 08:29 AM
He is critical because he has no choice but I guarantee he believes the OL and Gailey are more at fault than Side Burns.

Trent was Brutal. But I'm sorry the Offensive Line is DISGUSTING. I watch games on TV and see QB's look deep, then look middle, then hit 3rd option fading out. I can't think of one time in that game where he had time. Again... I want Trent to succeed cause he's our QB. I'd root for freaking Vick, Sanchez, Leinhart anyone. Whoever is my starter. The constant switching of guard at QB isn't helping with chemistry.

better days
09-14-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm pretty sure that I said Edwards was terrible. I'm not defending his play at all.

Matter-of-fact I would start Fitzpatrick this week but I'm sure they are going to give Edwards one more game to hang himself with.

However, Gailey got outcoached and that is the number one reason we lost the game.

Read the thread.

The entire point of this thread is to defend Trent. Gailey was outcoached because he let an inept Trent Edwards try to run his offense.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 08:32 AM
That was to save his own ass from getting flamed! As much as many fans solely blamed Trent, many posters would have been looking for HH to answer for his man-crush. So, against everything he stood for, HH had to be critical of Trent...he had to buy some time before the could go back to this ****.

How long? Two days oughta do it. He made it all the way to Tuesday before it was everybody's fault but Trent's. Even took the time to make sure Bell got called out.

This was premeditated. Exhibit A, the stiff towel located under HH's bed, along with a #5 jersey and a lock of Trent's hair.

Are you like 12 years old? Seriously? Do you think I'm concerned about saving face on a Bills fan board?

Trent was the best choice to start this season. However, and I have stated it many times throughtout the off-season, that he wasn't the long term answer for this team.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 08:33 AM
The entire point of this thread is to defend Trent. Gailey was outcoached because he let an inept Trent Edwards try to run his offense.

And we ran the ball a whole 14 times.

What's the strength of the offense?

Impose your will.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 08:34 AM

Your an idiot. No the point of the thread is to put the blame where it belongs...on the coach.

Wood was terrible, Green was terrible, the o-line was terrible. I'm not blaming the o-line for the loss either.

BillsWin
09-14-2010, 08:35 AM
They both sucked. Thread closed.

better days
09-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Trent was Brutal. But I'm sorry the Offensive Line is DISGUSTING. I watch games on TV and see QB's look deep, then look middle, then hit 3rd option fading out. I can't think of one time in that game where he had time. Again... I want Trent to succeed cause he's our QB. I'd root for freaking Vick, Sanchez, Leinhart anyone. Whoever is my starter. The constant switching of guard at QB isn't helping with chemistry.

The constant switching of guard at QB isn't helping chemistry? What are you talking about? The Bills have only played one game & Trent played the entire game.

If you were talking about preseason, EVERY TEAM played numerous QB's.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 08:36 AM
You can't think of one time where he had time because when did have time he did nothing with it so it's not sticking in your mind. Trent also showed NO pocket presence and bailed out at the slightest hint of pressure rather than just stepping up or around like real QBs do.

Our OL was not DISGUSTING. They played a decent game, not great, not horrible. The OL was also facing a loaded box every down which makes their job 10x more difficult. And the only one who could loosen up that box was Trent and he couldn't make a throw over the heads of the LBs to keep them honest.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Trent also showed NO pocket presence and bailed out at the slightest hint of pressure rather than just stepping up or around like real QBs do.

Absolutely correct!!

Our OL was not DISGUSTING. They played a decent game, not great, not horrible. The OL was also facing a loaded box every down which makes their job 10x more difficult. You are kidding right?

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Wow.

That is cute!

You're right...

What's cute is that although our team looked completely different offensively the last three games of the off-season, when the games started we couldn't execute...well we couldn't throw the ball, and if we did it was late and inaccurate...

It is cute because you just take a negative ***** approach to everything.

Why don't you tell us how you wanted to draft Ngata again? That would be awesome.

don137
09-14-2010, 08:39 AM
I think the fins had two goals defensively. Take away Spiller and hit Edwards early to rattle him and then back off the pressure on Edwards because he will self destruct. Everything worked like clock work. When Spiller was on the field they were very aggressive and keyed on him. He had no where to run. Edwards was hit early by a hit by Dansby and was back to the same Trent Edwards with happy feet, quick to check down and no pocket prescence the rest of the game.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 08:40 AM
No seriously, they were facing a loaded box the whole game. No joke.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 08:40 AM
You can't think of one time where he had time because when did have time he did nothing with it so it's not sticking in your mind. Trent also showed NO pocket presence and bailed out at the slightest hint of pressure rather than just stepping up or around like real QBs do.

Our OL was not DISGUSTING. They played a decent game, not great, not horrible. The OL was also facing a loaded box every down which makes their job 10x more difficult. And the only one who could loosen up that box was Trent and he couldn't make a throw over the heads of the LBs to keep them honest.

This is the credibility issue. I agree that Edwards showed no pocket awareness and played timid.

But to imply that the o-line played well or okay is just ridiculous.

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Are you like 12 years old? Seriously? Do you think I'm concerned about saving face on a Bills fan board?

Trent was the best choice to start this season. However, and I have stated it many times throughtout the off-season, that he wasn't the long term answer for this team.

You did state that...usually after several paragraphs of defending him. So I guess you can always go back and say..."see I said he wasn't the answer," regardless of what the rest of your post said.

If you just the way of the negative ***** that doesn't like anything, you would be safe from the "apologist" or "fan boy" status.

I do give you credit for sticking up for your boy...at least you do that.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 08:42 AM
I think the fins had two goals defensively. Take away Spiller and hit Edwards early to rattle him and then back off the pressure on Edwards because he will self destruct. Everything worked like clock work. When Spiller was on the field they were very aggressive and keyed on him. He had no where to run. Edwards was hit early by a hit by Dansby and was back to the same Trent Edwards with happy feet, quick to check down and no pocket prescence the rest of the game.

Thank you. Somebody who actually watched the game.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Ok...

Matt Cassel went 10 of 22 for 68 yards...hardly making the Chargers defense honest...

Jamaal Charles ran 11 times for 92 yards
Thomas Jones ran 11 times for 39 yards

They ran the ball 24 times in total for 131 yards. We ran the ball 14 times.

Tampa Bay, Josh Freeman had 17 completions for 182 yards...they still ran the ball 28 times.

Neither Freeman nor Cassell scare anyone, these teams still ran the ball and played to the strength of their offense regardless.

What did we do? We tried to run the Pistol offense.

better days
09-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Your an idiot. No the point of the thread is to put the blame where it belongs...on the coach.

Wood was terrible, Green was terrible, the o-line was terrible. I'm not blaming the o-line for the loss either.

Well, if I were an idiot, I would buy what you are selling, that the loss was Chans fault. Most of the board including myself is smarter than that. Trent is 80% responsible for the loss. You can put 20% on the O-line. You are TRYING to pin this loss on the HC & that is IDIOTIC.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 08:48 AM
This is the credibility issue. I agree that Edwards showed no pocket awareness and played timid.

But to imply that the o-line played well or okay is just ridiculous.
Tell me how they played badly. You act as if Trent was on the ground the whole game. Trent pressured himself more than the OL allowed him to get pressured. He made them look bad because he was inventing pressure that wasn't there and not getting rid of the ball quickly.

Watch other QBs play, did you see Rivers play yesterday? How many times was he pressured and he just avoided it, stayed in the pocket and made a throw downfield?

Every QB in the league gets pressured, especially due to the emergence of the 3-4.

Bottom line, the OL gave Trent plenty of opportunity to make plays and he didn't. And I don't blame them for the lack of run blocking because the way Miami was playing D, they had no chance.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 08:52 AM
You're right...

What's cute is that although our team looked completely different offensively the last three games of the off-season, when the games started we couldn't execute...well we couldn't throw the ball, and if we did it was late and inaccurate...

It is cute because you just take a negative ***** approach to everything.

Why don't you tell us how you wanted to draft Ngata again? That would be awesome.

We should have taken Ngata but that has nothing to do with this thread or point.

The gameplan on Sunday was absolutely atrocious, just as atrocious as Edwards performance.

What makes it worse? The fact that Chan has to know the strength of the team is running the football and only ran the ball 14 times. Yes, I know I keep saying that, I'm hoping it sinks in.

Also, Gailey is the one who picked this QB to start opening day as well.

We tried to run a college offense at the NFL level...maybe next week Gailey will over compensate and we'll try the wishbone.

So now you tell me what was positive about the gameplan and playcalling?

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Well, if I were an idiot, I would buy what you are selling, that the loss was Chans fault. Most of the board including myself is smarter than that. Trent is 80% responsible for the loss. You can put 20% on the O-line. You are TRYING to pin this loss on the HC & that is IDIOTIC.

You said the point of the thread was to defend Edwards. I didn't once defend Edwards. So to make up stuff makes you ignorant.

If they started Fitzpatrick this week I'd be fine with that. I don't have the lovefest for players like some of you do aka: Brohm.

I want to win games but I'm going to look at games realistically. We got outcoached but our crappy players kept it a 3 point game. Maybe if Gailey comes out throwing deep early it would have backed off Miami so we could run.

Miami came out with the intent to shut down Spiller. They were effective and we had no answer for it. Gailey's fault plain and simple.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
We should have taken Ngata but that has nothing to do with this thread or point.

The gameplan on Sunday was absolutely atrocious, just as atrocious as Edwards performance.

What makes it worse? The fact that Chan has to know the strength of the team is running the football and only ran the ball 14 times. Yes, I know I keep saying that, I'm hoping it sinks in.

We tried to run a college offense at the NFL level...maybe next week Gailey will over compensate and we'll try the wishbone.

We have a winner.

TacklingDummy
09-14-2010, 09:00 AM
No head coach in history would make this current batch of players shine. Any coach would be failing here the past decade.

The problem is the guy doing the drafting.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 09:02 AM
No head coach in history would make this current batch of players shine. Any coach would be failing here the past decade.

However the coach still should gameplan and playcall to the strength of the team.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Than we should have kept Jauron based on that logic.

I thought we got rid of him because we couldn't win close games? This wasn't close enough?

TacklingDummy
09-14-2010, 09:03 AM

HH was one of the biggest Losman Lickers on here until he turned on him.

No big deal he supported Edwards and now turned on him. That's why we have opinions.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 09:04 AM

Since when is running the football our strength? I want to know when we became a powerhouse running team?

TacklingDummy
09-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Than we should have kept Jauron based on that logic.

Mularkey, WIlliams, Jauron, Gailey, does it matter who is the leader of these scrubs that the GM has put on the field? Not a single one of them have had a QB worth a turd. They are setup to fail.

better days
09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
You said the point of the thread was to defend Edwards. I didn't once defend Edwards. So to make up stuff makes you ignorant.

If they started Fitzpatrick this week I'd be fine with that. I don't have the lovefest for players like some of you do aka: Brohm.

I want to win games but I'm going to look at games realistically. We got outcoached but our crappy players kept it a 3 point game. Maybe if Gailey comes out throwing deep early it would have backed off Miami so we could run.

Miami came out with the intent to shut down Spiller. They were effective and we had no answer for it. Gailey's fault plain and simple.

Yes the point of this thread is to defend Edwards, nothing more. I am making up NOTHING. The entire point of this thread is to deflect blame from Edwards & put it somewhere else. Nobody knows what plays Chan actually called. He may/probably wanted Trent to pass long but Trent was Trent & just checked down.

TacklingDummy
09-14-2010, 09:08 AM
However the coach still should gameplan and playcall to the strength of the team.

What strengths?

The Bills have no QB, which lets teams stack the box against the run.

The Bills have no pass rush.

The only strength the Bills have is their Punter. They already utilize him enough.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Since when is running the football our strength? I want to know when we became a powerhouse running team?

Since the fact we were 9th in the NFL last year in rushing average? 15th in rushing yards?

We have two first round RBs and a guy who ran for over a thousand yards last year?

Offensively the strength of the team is obviously running the football.

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
gailey should get a lot of blame. i don't know why you thought it was spiller focused though, HH. The gameplan opened with 3 straight short passes. Gailey had to know that he was putting pressure on trent to perform and to perform passes that the fans hate to see, even when its successful.

I thought they would hvae come out and pounded it and been CJ focused. The OL seems to run block better than pass block. Why handcuff them?

It all seemed like gailey was supposed to be smarter than that.

That doesn't take away from the players individual crappiness. they all have to bear that cross, but it wasn't like players were just failing to execute.

Ingtar33
09-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Wow.

That is cute!

yep

that Bills offensive gameplan was something i'd expect a highschool team run. it was beyond basic and simple.

if thats the best chan can do we're in trouble.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 09:28 AM
yep

that Bills offensive gameplan was something i'd expect a highschool team run. it was beyond basic and simple.

When Trent can execute basic and simple then we can hope for more complicated playcalling.

BertSquirtgum
09-14-2010, 09:35 AM

this is exactly what this thread is. trent should be the #3 quarterback.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 09:36 AM
When Trent can execute basic and simple then we can hope for more complicated playcalling.

Seriously, you are missing something here. It's not like Edwards showed up the night before the game.

Gailey has gad 8 months to figure this out and his strength is supposed to be offense.

The scary part about this game was Gailey looked exactly as he did during the Redskins game where he had to apologize for not being up to the speed on playcalling.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
this is exactly what this thread is. trent should be the #3 quarterback.

I just said I would be fine with starting Fitzpatrick. I haven't once defended Edwards play on Sunday.

This is where people can't separarte their emotions from the truth. Gailey coached a poor game. Period.

BertSquirtgum
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
yeah it is HH. this smoke screen thread is to hide the fact that you have frozen quarts of trent jizz to drink in your freezer. neg me all you want, but we know you. you can't hide it.

BertSquirtgum
09-14-2010, 09:43 AM
and while i think gailey coached a poor game, this game could have been won if trent didn't look like a high school quartback on an nfl team. this game was lost 70% because trent sucks, the other 30%, is on gailey.

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Ok.

I have some coffee in me, so I am not as cranky as when I first started posting.

Can we bring up the no-huddle?

How good did that look? Admittedly, Edwards looked damn good running it, and I don't mean his hair.

The team was quick to line, and ran plays in rapid succession, confusing the D. To call what we tried last year no-huddle or hurry-up is an insult to the labels, but Sunday it was exciting, and ended with a 31 yd TD (WHAT?!?) to Roscoe (WHO?!?)

I am not saying Gailey wasn't without fault. He was. It was his responsibility to make adjustments. In his defense, I think he did make adjustments, and it yielded no results, even a few near picks. We were in the game, and it wouldn't have made sense to keep forcing the issue, if the results were going to take us out of the game. The near picks probably made him a little gun shy...so we have a gun shy QB, and a gun shy OC.

Running the ball is, without a doubt, our strength. Our OL is way better at run blocking than pass protection, and our biggest collection of talent is at RB. The Buffalo Wing (I hate to call it WC) with Jackson taking snaps was working well. The bad holding call, and we abandon it? That showed to be alright, because then we had the D respecting the run, we throw deep, complete the pass, in the middle of the field of all places, and it gets called back on a suspect hold on Levitre.

I am sure he is a bust and we could have drafted ________ but, regardless, to call that hold was ****ing crazy. Defender making a spin move, and to say that holding occurred there, and not on every other play of the game, is a stretch.

Hopefully Chan can rebound and get us some play calling that makes us at least somewhat formidable on Sunday.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Seriously, you are missing something here. It's not like Edwards showed up the night before the game.

Gailey has gad 8 months to figure this out and his strength is supposed to be offense.

The scary part about this game was Gailey looked exactly as he did during the Redskins game where he had to apologize for not being up to the speed on playcalling.
No, the scary part is Gailey will stick with Trent for another 2 or 3 weeks. I put zero blame on Gailey for the offense. Trent was so bad in the game it clouded everything.

DraftBoy
09-14-2010, 10:55 AM
The sad part is that people either want to blame Gailey or Trent, when in fact they are both huge reasons why we lost. Trent blew and so did Gailey.

Both get F's. Excuses or apologies for either are a joke and just people having a bias.

better days
09-14-2010, 11:01 AM
yeah it is HH. this smoke screen thread is to hide the fact that you have frozen quarts of trent jizz to drink in your freezer. neg me all you want, but we know you. you can't hide it.

Yeah HH neged me also. He can't win the argument on the board so he resorts to the neg.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Ok.

I have some coffee in me, so I am not as cranky as when I first started posting.

Can we bring up the no-huddle?

How good did that look? Admittedly, Edwards looked damn good running it, and I don't mean his hair.

The team was quick to line, and ran plays in rapid succession, confusing the D. To call what we tried last year no-huddle or hurry-up is an insult to the labels, but Sunday it was exciting, and ended with a 31 yd TD (WHAT?!?) to Roscoe (WHO?!?)

I am not saying Gailey wasn't without fault. He was. It was his responsibility to make adjustments. In his defense, I think he did make adjustments, and it yielded no results, even a few near picks. We were in the game, and it wouldn't have made sense to keep forcing the issue, if the results were going to take us out of the game. The near picks probably made him a little gun shy...so we have a gun shy QB, and a gun shy OC.

Running the ball is, without a doubt, our strength. Our OL is way better at run blocking than pass protection, and our biggest collection of talent is at RB. The Buffalo Wing (I hate to call it WC) with Jackson taking snaps was working well. The bad holding call, and we abandon it? That showed to be alright, because then we had the D respecting the run, we throw deep, complete the pass, in the middle of the field of all places, and it gets called back on a suspect hold on Levitre.

I am sure he is a bust and we could have drafted ________ but, regardless, to call that hold was ****ing crazy. Defender making a spin move, and to say that holding occurred there, and not on every other play of the game, is a stretch.

Hopefully Chan can rebound and get us some play calling that makes us at least somewhat formidable on Sunday.
Miami totally backed off on that drive and were playing it safe to kill off the clock and keep everything in front of them. It was obvious they were playing prevent and I guarantee you we will not have any kind of success running a no-huddle in the future.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
The sad part is that people either want to blame Gailey or Trent, when in fact they are both huge reasons why we lost. Trent blew and so did Gailey.

Both get F's. Excuses or apologies for either are a joke and just people having a bias.

I agree they both sucked. I just thought Gailey shouldn't have been surprised with what Miami gameplanned for.

Nighthawk
09-14-2010, 12:03 PM

Read the thread.

Right and Wrong. The hands-down, #1 reason the Bills lost that game was Trent Edwards...PERIOD! There is no way anybody can state that this team has a chance to win games with him at QB...they don't, he makes all the players around him worse...not better.

Now, you are right about Gailey, he was outcoached and it was not a good debut for him. That being said, if Edwards looks average, the Bills win the game.

Nighthawk
09-14-2010, 12:07 PM
yep

Hmmm, basic, but didn't Gailey state that he needs to simplify it and that he asked Trent to do to much this week? I'm gonna go with the coach on this one...sorry.

Also, people are more likely to give a new HC a pass, whereas, Trent has looked like this for the past two years. Who is the most logical to blame for the loss?

Philagape
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM

There is much, much blame to go around. No need to compete for it.

Philagape
09-14-2010, 12:19 PM
That said, the correct answer is:

Edwards 52.2%
O-line 30.7%
Gailey 17.1%

No need for further discussion :D

Mudflap1
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
As we all saw, the defense definitely played good enough to win. As far as why the Bills didn't win and why the offense sucked... my opinion is here is why:

The NFL right now is all about getting a good quarterback, good coach, protecting the quarterback, and having some weapons. The Bills have very little weapons (basically 1-2 RB's on the field at a time and Evans, everyone else is largely useless), a weak QB, and coaching to-be-determined but initially certainly not looking to be "good" or "elite". Hence your 10 points.

I have been complaining about Edwards ever since the day the Bills drafted him, and he takes blame for Sunday for being Captain Checkdown. However, a lot of the blame should go on the fact there is NO BLOCKING whatsoever, and NO WEAPONS to throw the ball to. You can't throw the ball downfield if nobody is open and you are running for your life. That said, I have always stated the opinion that Edwards is no better than a decent backup QB.

As for the coaching, yeah, it seemed pretty vanilla, but I'm not sure Gailey has much to work with, does he? If the NFL is all about a "good enough" defense, "good enough" running game to keep the opposing defense honest, "good to elite" QB, "good to elite" receivers, protecting your "good to elite" QB, and "good to elite" coaching, don't the Bills whiff badly on all of those except possibly "good enough" defense? I'll even give Gailey the benefit of the doubt he might be an average to above average NFL coach. What about the rest? That's why this team is going nowhere this year.

TMu11
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Lets look comparitively between this past game and last year to find blame....

Gailey wasn't here last season.
Trent sucked last season.

We lost against Miami
We sucked last year

Common denominator?
Trent

Ingtar33
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Hmmm, basic, but didn't Gailey state that he needs to simplify it and that he asked Trent to do to much this week? I'm gonna go with the coach on this one...sorry.

Also, people are more likely to give a new HC a pass, whereas, Trent has looked like this for the past two years. Who is the most logical to blame for the loss?

when a coach says "simplify" he could be talking about a couple of things.

1) limit the number of reads the QB has to make
2) lower the number of plays in the playbook for a game

there were plenty of plays, and plenty of multi reads... so he could mean either. that doesn’t' mean his gameplan wasn't a high school ***** offense. Go watch a hs team run a spread offense... it's pretty much what we trotted out there. oh sure there was some requirements for trent to make a few reads, but it was pretty craptacular.

i've seen college spreads more creative and complex...

btw: the QB and O-line were both atrocious as well; but it’s rather sad that I was more impressed with the offense AVP cobbled together in 1 week for the patriots then I was with what Gailey threw together with a whole offseason to prepare.

(and no, I don’t think AVP was a good OC)

Nighthawk
09-14-2010, 05:30 PM
when a coach says "simplify" he could be talking about a couple of things.

1) limit the number of reads the QB has to make
2) lower the number of plays in the playbook for a game

there were plenty of plays, and plenty of multi reads... so he could mean either. that doesn’t' mean his gameplan wasn't a high school ***** offense. Go watch a hs team run a spread offense... it's pretty much what we trotted out there. oh sure there was some requirements for trent to make a few reads, but it was pretty craptacular.

i've seen college spreads more creative and complex...

btw: the QB and O-line were both atrocious as well; but it’s rather sad that I was more impressed with the offense AVP cobbled together in 1 week for the patriots then I was with what Gailey threw together with a whole offseason to prepare.

(and no, I don’t think AVP was a good OC)

Have you watched Trent? It's pretty obvious that you cannot implement a complex scheme with this guy. Anybody thinking it is possible are kidding themselves...Edwards is the main reason why we can't put anything together offensively...has been for 2-3 years.