PDA

View Full Version : Edwards blames coach's schemes for loss?

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 11:46 AM
FYI:

While the brunt of the criticism for the Bills has been aimed at Trent Edwards and to a lesser degree Chan Gailey, it’s interesting to note what they both feel will solve some of the problems the team experienced on offense in Week 1.

Bills head coach Chan Gailey after Sunday’s game commented on his dissatisfaction with the way he designed the run game scheme for the Dolphins. And Trent Edwards followed that up with respect to the protections when asked about the penetration that Miami got on Sunday.

“I think we just need to try to fix our schemes,” said Edwards. ”If we need to run a little more inside or outside or a little more play-action to just try to keep guys off balance a little more. I think we got a little bit predictable just with the situation we were in. If we can find a way to just change things up and change some calls up here and there, not allow that penetration, I think if you do get them on their heels that means you’re gashing them with plays here and there.”

With a direct line of communication between himself and the head coach Edwards will likely express the same to Gailey as he did to the media. I’m expecting the run game to be more effective than it was last week. The task for the offense overall however, gets no easier this week against a formidable Packers 3-4 defense.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/14/protection-and-design/

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Trent should try throwing the ***** football more than 10 yards down field.

DraftBoy
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
He should take some of his own advice and keep the defense honest by testing the safeties every once and a while. Bell could of taken a nap while in coverage all game long.

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Trent is looking into politics after football. this was the right answer for that line of work. deflect and continue getting paid. Now all he has to do is get some scrub from stanford signed and paid for by the fans.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2010, 11:51 AM
1) I am not Chris Brown and I did not write the article.

2) I do find it funny that Edwards called out the schemes and used the word "predictable".

3) Edwards didn't do Gailey any favors with his play on the field.

Nighthawk
09-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Is it any wonder why this guy is a complete failure as a QB in the NFL? He doesn't even understand that HE is the biggest problem with the offense. Every year he acts like it's somebody else's fault...well, when he is the only constant through all of the offensive struggles, then I think it's pretty clear what the problem is.

ChristopherWalken
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I totally agree with him on utilizing the play action more...being that as it may, I don't have the confidence in Edwards making the play work.

LABillsFan
09-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Run the ball more??? Predictable? Fix schemes? You're going to run the ball with 8 - 11 in the box? Seriously? You were given 34 chances Sunday to make a play. You rifled screen passes, missed your hot reads, missed adjustments, scrambled into areas where you would get hit, and you need a change of schemes?? How about a change of scenery.

Sounds like what he's saying is, as long as I don't have to be counted on to make plays, things will be better. How pathetic, Gailey takes one for the team and Edwards runs with it to deflect his own short comings.

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Run the ball more??? Predictable? Fix schemes? You're going to run the ball with 8 - 11 in the box? Seriously? You were given 34 chances Sunday to make a play. You rifled screen passes, missed your hot reads, missed adjustments, scrambled into areas where you would get hit, and you need a change of schemes?? How about a change of scenery.

Sounds like what he's saying is, as long as I don't have to be counted on to make plays, things will be better. How pathetic, Gailey takes one for the team and Edwards runs with it to deflect his own short comings.

That's it. Not that Trent wasn't right in what he said, but anybody with 1/2 of a brain would have said Miami was going to gameplan around our running game, and make Edwards beat them. We gameplanned around Miami's run game and made Henne beat us, which was effective. Given twice the plays, they only mustered 13 points. With the TOP they had, that is an extreme disappointment....much like the TOP they had.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Fact: Edwards was one of the biggest advocates for keeping Dick Jauron around.

Speculation: he's still bitter about that.

Mahdi
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
This is perfect! I hope Trent continues to criticize Gailey and gets himself benched.

Buckets
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Is it any wonder why this guy is a complete failure as a QB in the NFL? He doesn't even understand that HE is the biggest problem with the offense. Every year he acts like it's somebody else's fault...well, when he is the only constant through all of the offensive struggles, then I think it's pretty clear what the problem is.

I couldn't have said it better.

BAM
09-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I am so sick of Trent the Senator Edwards.

Trentator Edwards?

I wish he would just go away.

JD
09-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Here's an idea.. HAVE ONE STARTING RUNNING BACK, not THREE!

Put the running game solely in Spillers hands. Swap Jackson/Lynch in and out.

Taa Daaaa

Extremebillsfan247
09-14-2010, 06:09 PM
FYI:

While the brunt of the criticism for the Bills has been aimed at Trent Edwards and to a lesser degree Chan Gailey, it’s interesting to note what they both feel will solve some of the problems the team experienced on offense in Week 1.

Bills head coach Chan Gailey after Sunday’s game commented on his dissatisfaction with the way he designed the run game scheme for the Dolphins. And Trent Edwards followed that up with respect to the protections when asked about the penetration that Miami got on Sunday.

“I think we just need to try to fix our schemes,” said Edwards. ”If we need to run a little more inside or outside or a little more play-action to just try to keep guys off balance a little more. I think we got a little bit predictable just with the situation we were in. If we can find a way to just change things up and change some calls up here and there, not allow that penetration, I think if you do get them on their heels that means you’re gashing them with plays here and there.”

With a direct line of communication between himself and the head coach Edwards will likely express the same to Gailey as he did to the media. I’m expecting the run game to be more effective than it was last week. The task for the offense overall however, gets no easier this week against a formidable Packers 3-4 defense.

Edwards in a way was right, the offense was predictable. Every defense in the NFL knows if you rattle Trent, the game is pretty much in your hands. Where Edwards was wrong is that it wasn't the scheme that was the problem. It was the poor execution of that scheme that was the problem and it starts with the QB. These are all facts that don't need a comment from Trent to be noticed. JMO

don137
09-14-2010, 06:14 PM
In order to mix it up you need to do more than just three and out...How many offensive plays did Miami have versus how many did Buffalo have? If Trent could throw the ball close to the first down marker instead of 1 yard then maybe they could make more first downs and mix it up.

Hogwasher
09-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Trent had better shut his mouth, even if he has a point. Trent blames people. He got away with it under Jauron. I hope he doesnt get away with it under Gailey.

YardRat
09-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Funny...They were all so proud of pitching the run and going pass against the Bengals in the preseason.

acehole
09-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Trent is in total denile.... what part of any system calls for throwing to would be TD's passed to opposing secondarys (Yea I know they dropped them). Anyone watching the game fan or not ...the guys heart is not there.He just isnt a football player. Its the scheam...its the oline...its the weapons....blah blah blah in this case it is the qb's lack of heart and mental and physical toughness needed to be an NLF qb. End of story.

If I am them I keep him in and tank the year and hope for a good draft.

He should take some of his own advice and keep the defense honest by testing the safeties every once and a while. Bell could of taken a nap while in coverage all game long.

acehole
09-14-2010, 07:58 PM
I give it one more quarter of football ...gailey and the team are not going to tank the year waiting for T Edwards to hit puberty.

FYI:

New Ro's Greatest
09-14-2010, 08:06 PM
See even Trent says Gailey had too much confidence in him lol. GO BILLS:roflmao:

mikemac2001
09-14-2010, 08:11 PM
sucks i really was hoping it would work

if trent plays the first 4 weeks i feel we will be 0-4 he just can't play against 3-4 d's

i hope he proves me wrong and we are 3-1