PDA

View Full Version : would we have been better keeping Jauron last year?

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Hear me out as this is a painful realization I'm making.

Last year sucked with Jauron. Then they fired him with only 3 wins, i believe. when they fired him, they played mildly more inspired football. They won 3 more games.

If they would have just kept him, isn't it possible that the team would have just crumbled and played uninspired football til the end? They could have been 3-13. That would have been rock bottom. We wouldn't have gotten bradford, but we could have had Suh or a LT. We could be in a position where Trent was mildly servicable through this year and gotten a QB next year with an already established line to protect him.

Instead, they rocketed up from a top 5 pick to the end of a top 10 pick. Now we still don't hvae a line or a QB. We still have a disaster season with very little "upside" showing itself this year.

I think we could have ended up further along the learning curve if we just kept Jauron til the bitter end last year. firing him early didn't get us a marquee GM or coach. It's totally conceivable that we'd have Nix and Gailey even if we waited until January to fire him. how painful is it that firing Jauron when they did, might have been the wrong move. ?

justasportsfan
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
NO!

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
After watching this last weekends game...

I think we would be better off, at this very second, with Dick Jauron at HC.

At the very least the guy we have now NEEDS to hire an OC who wants to install a PRO OFFENSE that actually has a commitment to having some balance and run the damn football.

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
i failed to mention that you still fire Jauron, but you just wait until the end of the year.

I think if you did it that way, this year would be less likely to be a total loss like its shaping up to be.

OpIv37
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
we would have been better off never hiring Jauron in the first place, just like many of us said 4 and a half years ago.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 01:06 PM
I still think that the reality shoulda sunk when Mike Mularkey walked away from the job that this organization is a complete and utter mess. How many people willingly walk away from 1 of only 32 jobs in the world? Especially when he was told by Marv and Ralphie that they wanted him to stay.

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 01:07 PM
we would have been better off never hiring Jauron in the first place, just like many of us said 4 and a half years ago.

i agree, but work with me. jauron was hired.

i am just frustrated that last year was a lost year, and this year is shaping up to be a lost year. Ralph is 91 years old. We don't have years to waste here. the whole thing just angers me to no end.

justasportsfan
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
you want Dick back after 1 game that didn't look worse than any of Dicks games?

Rediculous

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 01:13 PM
can you read? i'm saying he should have been fired, but fired at the end of the season so that we could have tanked an already lost season. not have the team bounce up a little to 6-10, and then have us in bad shape with No QB and No LT for a second straight year.

all i am saying is that Jauron should have finished off 2009 and then been fired. Not that he should still be the coach of this team.

Ingtar33
09-14-2010, 01:14 PM

Rediculous

in the two worst offensive games from last season we managed 9 first downs.

we managed 9 first downs last week.

that was just as bad as the worst of last year. and the dolphins aren't that good.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2010, 01:16 PM

that was just as bad as the worst of last year. and the dolphins aren't that good.

To be honest, I think it was worse.

In the worst game last year, we didn't get the luxury of having Cleveland trot out the prevent defense to allow a bunch of garbage yards and first downs.

justasportsfan
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM

last year was Dicks 4th year. Last sunday was Gaileys first game.

bigbub2352
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
we should b in yr 2 of the rebuild not yr 1
Dick should have been fired at the begininng and most of the players we kept this yr should have been cut last yr

kelsay
mccargo
whitner
corto
ellison
all should have been replaced thru 2 drafts and 2 FAs
but cause we kept skeletor around for last yr's laugh fest we r stuck in nuetral with these guys again

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 01:29 PM
thank you bub. that would have been ideally how it happened. Jauron went 0-6 and 2-8 with the easiest record. whoever gave him that 3 year extension should have been publically fired. if it was ralph, he should knock $500MM off the sale price. it was so ***** stupid.

it would like watching a company pay a gigantic severance to the worst CEO ever and not seeing a single board member step down from his duties. Oh wait, that constantly happens too!

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
we should b in yr 2 of the rebuild not yr 1
Dick should have been fired at the begininng and most of the players we kept this yr should have been cut last yr

kelsay
mccargo
whitner
corto
ellison
all should have been replaced thru 2 drafts and 2 FAs
but cause we kept skeletor around for last yr's laugh fest we r stuck in nuetral with these guys again

You have to say those two. The rest of the list is pretty accurate, except Kelsay is guaranteed money, and has NFL experience...

TigerJ
09-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Woulda coulda shoulda. I'm not in the habit of spending a lot of time second guessing myself or my football team. It's entirely possible that keeping Jauron through the end of the season could have resulted in a higher draft pick, but it's water over the dam as far as I'm concerned. Chan Gailey is our coach now, and we have the team we have. Chan should get some time IMO to straighten things around likr sny coach should. I think he made some mistakes in the game and he has some hard decisions to make about his QB, but he has to have a little time before Wilson gives yet another coach the hook after an unsuccessful run.

BertSquirtgum
09-14-2010, 07:00 PM

Rediculous

it looked just as bad, if not worse than dirty dick, IMO.

YardRat
09-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I blame the billboard.

PromoTheRobot
09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Forget Dick Jauron. I say we reanimate Buster Ramsey. Maybe just his head in a jar like on Futurama?

PTR

DynaPaul
09-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Why is this even a thread?

spacecowboy
09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
No

Historian
09-15-2010, 05:51 AM
The coaching has been sporatic at best over the last 10 years.

The position that has killed us is GM.

Donahoe was a train wreck, and Marv (although I love you Coach!) wasn't much better.

Gailey can succeed. He needs a strong talent evaluator (Pro Personnel guy) in the scouting department, like we had before Dwight Addams was squeezed out by Donahoe.

Better trainers couldn't hurt either.