Is a Loss Progress If Sunday Is Competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Is a Loss Progress If Sunday Is Competitive?

Say we put up 24 points. 3 offensive TDs. But lose to Packers 31-24. Is that Progress or still PATHETIC BUFFALO?
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Is a Loss Progress If Sunday Is Competitive?

That would be a miracle. I honestly believe our D has a better chance of scoring 3 TDs.
    Last edited by Mahdi; 09-15-2010, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I'd be happy to see a shoot out... I miss fun offense

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

A loss is never progress.... but if we can show some ability to move the ball and score, it would make me feel better for the rest of the season.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsfanryan
          • Jan 2010

I still want a win but progress to me if we lost would be this:

RUN THE G. DAMN BALL

I want to see trent take a shot or 2 down the field like he did in preseason.

but mainly I want to see us RUN THE G.D. BALL like we heard we would be doing and trying to establish and how Gailey believes in running the rock.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Never happy with a loss, but I'd say yes, scoring 24 points would make me a feel a ton better.

That's was my best case scenario for the season: losing record, but an offense worth watching.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I'd like to see a running game and 24 points, but giving up 31 to a Grant-less GB would be a defensive step backward.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I'd like to see a running game and 24 points, but giving up 31 to a Grant-less GB would be a defensive step backward.
                I think we are going to have to be patient with our defense this week. It won't be pretty for them at all. I think they will be made to look very bad because they will be on the field a lot and with all the weapons GB has they will give up quite a few points.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  I think we are going to have to be patient with our defense this week. It won't be pretty for them at all. I think they will be made to look very bad because they will be on the field a lot and with all the weapons GB has they will give up quite a few points.
                  I'm just thinking our secondary is our strength, and Rodgers might be throwing a little more without Grant. Could work to our advantage, but I realize, too, that we are not facing the very ordinary Henne this week.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

We need to hit Rogers in the ****ing mouth. Lets go Buffalo. 12th Mannnn
                    Last edited by BuffaloBlitz83; 09-15-2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      I'm just thinking our secondary is our strength, and Rodgers might be throwing a little more without Grant. Could work to our advantage, but I realize, too, that we are not facing the very ordinary Henne this week.
                      I think Finley will have a 150 yard receiving game. We have NO ONE that can cover TEs. They will have to put Whitner on Finley because Davis and Ayodele/Ellison will be victimized all day.

Whitner will give up his share to Finley but at least you get an athlete on an athlete.

That means we will have to trust our CBs in 1 on 1 match ups and let Byrd fly free to play a single deep over the top.

The other option is to play with 3 safeties. We could use Bryan Scott to cover Finley.
                      Last edited by Mahdi; 09-15-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                        We need to hit Rogers in the ****ing mouth. Lets go Buffalo. 12th Mannnn
                        Game's in GB. I don't think the 12th man is going to be on our side for this one.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

if the bills are losing 31-3 and then score 21 points in the efourth quarter because of a prevent defense, it's not good.

if we are competitive through 3 quarters, and we showed some adjustments throughout the game on offense, then i would be happy coaching wise. I'll still be left thinking, we really don't have servicable players.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

I hate to say that a loss might be progress, but in our case it might be.

As trap insinuated, it's how we lose that matters. If it's a battle up until the end, if our offense and/or defense can match them blow for blow, then yes, that's progress. If Edwards can finally look good against a 3-4 defense, that will be progress. If Gailey shows that he has the ability to put together a comprehensive, functional gameplan then yes, that's progress. If our defense shows the ability to stop the run and the pass, that's progress.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                              We play to win the game!
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Game's in GB. I don't think the 12th man is going to be on our side for this one.
                              They can feel us in Spirit!

Comment

Working...
                              X