PDA

View Full Version : This team Will Sign A QB in Offseason

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I feel the FO doesn't want to risk the chances of drafting the wrong QB and waste another 5 years. Heading towards 20 years of epic failures. They will draft a LT in 1st and draft a QB in Rd 2 or 3.

Michael Vick, Hassellback, Troy Smith, Kyle Orten, D. McNabb could be at helm. For a year or 2 while we put the other pieces together and the rookie QB is ready and groomed.

Looking around NFL, most of the the 10 worst teams in NFL won't be drafting a QB. Teams like Oak, Detroit, Jax, St Louis, Carolina, Cle may not take one early.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Vick looked great on Sunday. If he starts again this week and does well. He can be intriguing. Sure looks like he has his legs back and he made some nice passes.

trapezeus
09-15-2010, 11:19 AM
i'd flip round 1 and 2 from the original post. I'd like a QB in round 1 and a LT in round 2. i'd love to trade lynch this year for a 3 or 4, then package the 3 and 4 for a 2 and pick another lineman or LB high in the second.

I think we need some talent. No more place holders.

OpIv37
09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
I feel the FO doesn't want to risk the chances of drafting the wrong QB and waste another 5 years. Heading towards 20 years of epic failures. They will draft a LT in 1st and draft a QB in Rd 2 or 3.

Michael Vick, Hassellback, Troy Smith, Kyle Orten, D. McNabb could be at helm. For a year or 2 while we put the other pieces together and the rookie QB is ready and groomed.

Looking around NFL, most of the the 10 worst teams in NFL won't be drafting a QB. Teams like Oak, Detroit, Jax, St Louis, Carolina, Cle may not take one early.

Not drafting a QB in the first is not a guarantee that we will avoid epic failure. Remember what happened the last time we used a top 5 pick on an OT?

better days
09-15-2010, 11:28 AM

Well, Miami took the LT 1st then Henne, how do you like him?

more cowbell
09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Tyler Thigpen

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Henne has a lot of potential. He is only in his 2nd year.

Saratoga Slim
09-15-2010, 11:39 AM
You don't pass on a franchise QB. If we're drafting as high as it looks like we may be, and there's a QB that the FO feels can lead the franchise for the next 10 years, you take him.

Who would you rather have right now, Sam Bradford or Trent Williams? Sam Bradford changes the whole feel of the franchise. Trent Williams gives Trent Edwards a little more time to throw his five yard passes.

DraftBoy
09-15-2010, 11:43 AM
They are going to sign Vick.

Bill Cody
09-15-2010, 01:17 PM
They are going to sign Vick.

Bet they don't.

better days
09-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Vick looked great on Sunday. If he starts again this week and does well. He can be intriguing. Sure looks like he has his legs back and he made some nice passes.

The only reason Vick looked good on Sunday is because the Pack did not game plan for him. If a team knows he will start, he will not look nearly as good as he did coming off the bench.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 01:29 PM
The only reason Vick looked good on Sunday is because the Pack did not game plan for him. If a team knows he will start, he will not look nearly as good as he did coming off the bench.

Explain his career number in Atlanta and fact they won more games than lost? And you'll have more to explain come Sunday as he is likely to start.

k-oneputt
09-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Vick would still be better then any qb on this roster, but Ralph is not dishing out that $$$$$ to Vick.

better days
09-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Explain his career number in Atlanta and fact they won more games than lost? And you'll have more to explain come Sunday as he is likely to start.

Well for one thing, he was on a good team. For another he played an easy schedule against the NFC South.

If he gets the start on Sunday, I doubt I will have to explain anything.

ddaryl
09-15-2010, 02:25 PM
I hate that I feel this way, but I'm starting to hope something horrible happens to Vick and he can never play again.. just so I can stop reading posts that suggests we bring him here.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Well for one thing, he was on a good team. For another he played an easy schedule against the NFC South.

If he gets the start on Sunday, I doubt I will have to explain anything.

Oh ya explain 2003 when he was injured? Season Doug Johnson was the QB and they were brutal. And improved once he returned again.

Also how he took them to playoffs and beat GB at Lambeau?

Jan Reimers
09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
If we sign Vick, my 51st season as a Bills' fan will be my last. Even if I thought he could help us play substantially better - which I most certainly don't - I won't sell my soul to root for a heartless bastard that revels in torturing and murdering innocent dogs.

And I really don't care how stupid that sounds to some of you.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 03:04 PM
If we sign Vick, my 51st season as a Bills' fan will be my last. Even if I thought he could help us play substantially better - which I most certainly don't - I won't sell my soul to root for a heartless bastard that revels in torturing and murdering innocent dogs.

He payed his time. Sell my soul lol

Jan Reimers
09-15-2010, 03:07 PM
I told you. I don't give a flying f*** how funny you think it is.

better days
09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Oh ya explain 2003 when he was injured? Season Doug Johnson was the QB and they were brutal. And improved once he returned again.

Also how he took them to playoffs and beat GB at Lambeau?

The FAMOUS Doug Johnson? Please, so Vick played better than him. I'm not saying Vick is Trent Edwards horrible, just not good enough to get excited about.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 03:14 PM
The FAMOUS Doug Johnson? Please, so Vick played better than him. I'm not saying Vick is Trent Edwards horrible, just not good enough to get excited about.

Who were Vick's weapons? Crumpler was his biggest weapon at TE. They brought in Peerless Price to be his number 1. And Dez White was his 2nd WR.

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
If I was a Dolphin fan (throw-up), I'd rather have Matt Ryan as long term answer at QB than Chad Henne.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I told you. I don't give a flying f*** how funny you think it is.

I'm sorry. Dogs aren't Equal to Human beings. Agree killing dogs isn't cool or ok. But the guy did his time. We are looking for players not Priests

better days
09-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Who were Vick's weapons? Crumpler was his biggest weapon at TE. They brought in Peerless Price to be his number 1. And Dez White was his 2nd WR.

Vicks weapons were his two legs. He was a run 1st QB. Crumpler was a very good TE & Price was looking very good in Buffalo before going to Atlanta.

Living in S.W. Fla I have probably seen Vick play much more than you have.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Vicks weapons were his two legs. He was a run 1st QB. Crumpler was a very good TE & Price was looking very good in Buffalo before going to Atlanta.

You said he was on a good ****ing team. So one guy doesn't make you good. Peerless was awful besides one year in Buffalo and he got paid off it. He never produced in Atl or Dallas. And how did Crumpler's career do after Vick?

ddaryl
09-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Vick is a felon and he should have never been allowed back into the NFL...

Dogs or Humans, what he did was despicable, and unforgiveable. The guy is a multi millionaire who was raising torturing, and fighting dogs to be able to make more money and get a thrill. He knew it ws illegal but did it anyways....

if that alone does not disgust you then I feel sorry for you... Vick wil lnever be a Bill.... and thankfully so.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Vick is a felon and he should have never been allowed back into the NFL...

Dogs or Humans, what he did was despicable, and unforgiveable. The guy is a multi millionaire who was raising torturing, and fighting dogs to be able to make more money and get a thrill. He knew it ws illegal but did it anyways....

if that alone does not disgust you then I feel sorry for you... Vick wil lnever be a Bill.... and thankfully so.

Ray Lewis killed someone. He was forgiven

better days
09-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Ray Lewis watched as his friend killed someone. He was forgiven

Fixed it for you.

better days
09-15-2010, 06:57 PM
You said he was on a good ****ing team. So one guy doesn't make you good. Peerless was awful besides one year in Buffalo and he got paid off it. He never produced in Atl or Dallas. And how did Crumpler's career do after Vick?

Yes, he was on a good team. The Falcons had a good O-Line & Crumpler aside from catching the ball is a good blocker. They also had a pretty good defense.

As I said Vick is not terrible, he is just not good enough to get excited about.

Lexwhat
09-15-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry. Dogs aren't Equal to Human beings. Agree killing dogs isn't cool or ok. But the guy did his time. We are looking for players not Priests

This has been debated on here several times.

Jan is 100% entitled to his opinion; if the Bills are going against Jan's moral principles, than he should do what he feels is right -- even if that means quitting on the team.

more cowbell
09-16-2010, 12:12 AM
This has been debated on here several times.

Jan is 100% entitled to his opinion; if the Bills are going against Jan's moral principles, than he should do what he feels is right -- even if that means quitting on the team.

I would never in my life root for Michael Vick or want him to be the face of my franchise...he deserves to be in jail and most likely will be shot and dead in 5 years anyway

BertSquirtgum
09-16-2010, 02:01 AM
we will be drafting first. we can pick the best qb in the draft.

Billz_fan
09-16-2010, 04:03 AM

My reasons aren't exactly the same as yours but im right there with you. I will give up my Bills fan card after 30+ years also. I hate that POS.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-16-2010, 07:31 AM
I'd buy a Vick Jersey

ddaryl
09-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Ray Lewis killed someone. He was forgiven

was he a convicted felon...

NO...

malvado78
09-16-2010, 07:46 AM
was he a convicted felon...

NO...

Last time I checked a convicted felon is a llowed to work once they are out of jail and have been through a a reintroduction process. Not sure how he should not have been allowed back in the NFL. He has most rights back now that he is out (save a few like owning guns and whatnot).

I do not like the guy or what he did but he did pay his time and now has the right to make a living...

bosshogg21
09-16-2010, 08:22 AM
If we passed on locker, mallett, or luck for some retread i'd f'n scream. That would for sure set us back another 5 or so yrs.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-16-2010, 08:29 AM
OJ got away with murder without the murder charges. Doesn't matter, he was involved.

ublinkwescore
09-16-2010, 08:38 AM
I hope our FO does get it's **** together, and starts keeping our lines maintained - our OL was awesome just, what, 4 years ago? how did it get this bad this fast? why did we let solid players like Langston Walker and Derrick Dockery go?

ublinkwescore
09-16-2010, 08:40 AM
how come they aren't making T-shirts that say snitch and have Michael Vick's face on them?

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2010, 08:43 AM

Right. I often wished that I would have lived in SW Florida so I would have been able to follow him. Living in the North, we barely knew who he was.

Truth is as desperate as we may be for a QB...Vick isn't getting younger, and there is still the fact that he was guilty of heinous crime.

I like how there needs to be a premium on the "value" of a dog's life. Do you realize what kind of cold-blooded **** you have to be to knowingly torture, and kill dogs? Also, this wasn't a one time or occasional thing, they ran a dog fighting operation of epic proportion for years...funded with money that Vick earned because fans like us, paid to see him play, and bought his jersey.

Kids everywhere looked up to this guy, and when he left the field, he went and electrocuted dogs...whoa, that's funny stuff.

I don't discount the man may be rehabilitated...that is what the prison system is for, right? Right. The man does have the right to earn a living, but I don't really feel like him cashing a check that aided by my season tickets and merchandise purchases.

I guess that comes from being a little older, and maybe being able to put things in a little different perspective. I don't really want my son rooting for this *****. I want even less for my son to know that we went and rooted for a guy that tortured countless dogs, but that was ok because we needed a QB.

Let Philly have him.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-16-2010, 08:52 AM
God says to forgive. So I forgive. He isn't a danger or threat to society

Stewie
09-16-2010, 09:29 AM

how do you know some current bill isn't a heartless bastard who does the same thing.. is the only difference that you know about the behavior?

BuffaloBlitz83
09-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Bruce Smith has 3 Dwi's. God knows how many times he did it and not get busted. Stallworth hit someone and killed them. Smith just is lucky he didn't kill someone. Would you have stopped being a Bill's fan if they had a guy on payroll that killed someone? Bruce Smith is a bigger threat to society than Mike Vick, sorry. Smith prob is drunk right now

billz83
09-16-2010, 01:32 PM
and to think sum of u clowns would rather see captain checkdown then VICK at QB!!!! and all because sum BS dogfighting NONSENSE that his cuzinz did and blamed VICK for..sum of u are beyong ignorant and itz funny how u like to judge im sure all of u are like saints..i can almost GUARANTEEE VICK has more love for dogs then the majority of u clowns talkin **** about it..i hope NOTHING BUT the best for VICK and id be SYKED if the bills got him..1st time in over a decade we had an ACTUAL QB on this roster that has talent!!!so a big FU to all the VICK HATERS..

BuffaloBlitz83
09-16-2010, 01:41 PM
and to think sum of u clowns would rather see captain checkdown then VICK at QB!!!! and all because sum BS dogfighting NONSENSE that his cuzinz did and blamed VICK for..sum of u are beyong ignorant and itz funny how u like to judge im sure all of u are like saints..i can almost GUARANTEEE VICK has more love for dogs then the majority of u clowns talkin **** about it..i hope NOTHING BUT the best for VICK and id be SYKED if the bills got him..1st time in over a decade we had an ACTUAL QB on this roster that has talent!!!so a big FU to all the VICK HATERS..

I'm with you. I am rooting for Vick. I love seeing guys turn there lifes around.

better days
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Right. I often wished that I would have lived in SW Florida so I would have been able to follow him. Living in the North, we barely knew who he was.

Truth is as desperate as we may be for a QB...Vick isn't getting younger, and there is still the fact that he was guilty of heinous crime.

I like how there needs to be a premium on the "value" of a dog's life. Do you realize what kind of cold-blooded **** you have to be to knowingly torture, and kill dogs? Also, this wasn't a one time or occasional thing, they ran a dog fighting operation of epic proportion for years...funded with money that Vick earned because fans like us, paid to see him play, and bought his jersey.

Kids everywhere looked up to this guy, and when he left the field, he went and electrocuted dogs...whoa, that's funny stuff.

I don't discount the man may be rehabilitated...that is what the prison system is for, right? Right. The man does have the right to earn a living, but I don't really feel like him cashing a check that aided by my season tickets and merchandise purchases.

I guess that comes from being a little older, and maybe being able to put things in a little different perspective. I don't really want my son rooting for this *****. I want even less for my son to know that we went and rooted for a guy that tortured countless dogs, but that was ok because we needed a QB.

Let Philly have him.

If you read my previous posts, you would see I'm not a fan of Vick. The fact is I Have seen him play much more than anyone living outside of the South.