PDA

View Full Version : WE HAVE TO GET A PROVEN QB

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't care what we have to give up - quality RBs, WRs, and LBs are a dime a dozen - I want to see us package (if that's what it takes) a combination of players and picks to get our hands on a very solid QB. In FA, I want us to address our OL with an unprecedented aggressiveness.

I'm ****ING TIRED OF SEEING A LOSING PRODUCT ON THE FIELD. RALPH, GET IT DONE, OR GET RID OF THE TEAM - WE DESERVE BETTER AND WE DESERVE IT NOW!!!!!

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
WE SCREWED THE POOCH WITH THE DONOVAN MCNABB SWEEPSTAKES.

justasportsfan
09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
most likely we will draft one rather than get a proven one. Thats what Nix has told us.

Bill Cody
09-15-2010, 11:05 AM
like who?

justasportsfan
09-15-2010, 11:05 AM

I Don't care for players who don't want to come here.

OpIv37
09-15-2010, 11:06 AM

I half agree.

McNabb would help, but with the OL, WR's and LB's we have, we'd still be lucky to get to 8-8. And McNabb only has 2-3 years left in him- then we'd be right back in the same situation.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Vick

Bill Cody
09-15-2010, 11:09 AM

If you say so. Mcnabb looked pretty bad against Dallas. Sure he's better than what we have. But is it that important to you to win 7 games? By the time this team has enough pieces to compete McNabb will be eating his meals with a dribble cup.

trapezeus
09-15-2010, 11:10 AM
how can you "screw the pooch" when the pooch didn't want to be anywhere near this team?

Multiple sources said the bills put out feelers and were told he wasn't going to accept a trade to any team. and buffalo was out.

And who can blame him? He already is an injury prone guy in his 30's that has played his entire career with the exception of a season and a half without WR's. Why would he subject himself to that again?

Bill Cody
09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
how can you "screw the pooch" when the pooch didn't want to be anywhere near this team?

Sneak up from behind?

OpIv37
09-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Multiple sources said the bills put out feelers and were told he wasn't going to accept a trade to any team. and buffalo was out.

And who can blame him? He already is an injury prone guy in his 30's that has played his entire career with the exception of a season and a half without WR's. Why would he subject himself to that again?

the only flaw in your argument is that Washington's WR's aren't exactly top notch.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't care. if we have a chance to grab a philip rivers or an aaron rodgers - we have to throw what ever it takes to get them on the table. FA address the tackles - please let us concentrate on the O next offseason. the D is fine - it's sufficient to win us games (if we can't score more than 15 points, we clearly need all the help we can get on the O side of the ball. Our Secondary will provide us some coverage sacks this year.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 11:36 AM
like who?

Almost every year someone becomes available that will be a very significant upgrade over what we've had - see Drew Brees, see Donovan McNabb etc...

Next year, who knows - maybe Matt Schaub will have a falling out with his front office.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 11:41 AM
How has Matt Moore looked?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

DraftBoy
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
How has Matt Moore looked?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Horrendous. 14-33, 182 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, and 2 Fumbles

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 11:49 AM
let's give him some more time. Every one can have a bad day or two.

Commissioner
09-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Let's just lose every game and draft Ryan Mallett.

Nighthawk
09-15-2010, 11:59 AM

I'm OK with them bombing out and getting the first pick in the draft. I just don't want them to go 6-10 or 7-9...that would be pointless.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't care what we do as long as we get some freakin' personell in here to instill fear in both the running and passing game.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm OK with them bombing out and getting the first pick in the draft. I just don't want them to go 6-10 or 7-9...that would be pointless.

I'm as much as a homer as anyone else on here, but after Sunday, I don't see us winning even 4 games.

Mr. Miyagi
09-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Vick
:negrep:

Vick has proven nothing. He's just an extra runner. It's pretty much running Wild Cat every play.

ddaryl
09-15-2010, 12:22 PM
this team needs to draft a top QB not bring in FA or trade for aging QB's.. We still have a few years of building this team before top FA's or trades would make the difference we need to make. That is unless you want to build a wildcard team that gets eliminated easily...

this team is missing more then just a QB, and as painful as this season is or will be... I'd rather we draft a franchise arm then bring in a FA/trade QB win 7 games and lose out on the top arm in a pretty decent looking QB draft in 2011

trapezeus
09-15-2010, 12:29 PM
the only flaw in your argument is that Washington's WR's aren't exactly top notch.

the only thing that makes washington better from a player standpoint, is that synder plays madden ball and signs all the name players you want. Ralph doesnt.

after 1 week if the WR's suck in Mcnabb's eyes, all he has to do is say something. work to get a receiver is in process.

after 1 week of the Wr's suckin in buffalo, mcnabb will be told about the difficulties of being in a small market, told that roscoe parrish is about to have his 5th breakout season in a row, and that we want to grow some talent in house so that when he hits 36 and is done with football, we'll have 1 receiver to take evan's spot.

Bill Cody
09-15-2010, 01:12 PM
:negrep:

Vick has proven nothing. He's just an extra runner. It's pretty much running Wild Cat every play.

Wow that guy will never learn. Goes from fighting dogs to running wild cats?:couch:

ublinkwescore
09-15-2010, 06:48 PM
this team needs to draft a top QB not bring in FA or trade for aging QB's.. We still have a few years of building this team before top FA's or trades would make the difference we need to make. That is unless you want to build a wildcard team that gets eliminated easily...

this team is missing more then just a QB, and as painful as this season is or will be... I'd rather we draft a franchise arm then bring in a FA/trade QB win 7 games and lose out on the top arm in a pretty decent looking QB draft in 2011

right now, I'd take a wildcard team and hope they can progress upward and not downward.

better days
09-15-2010, 07:01 PM

I think that is the secret plan.

lightningbolt444
09-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Its going to be through the draft.... Possible fill in FA for a year or two but this isnt madden where you can just throw three players together and get a superstar in the league.... I dont know if we even have the pieces to get a Rodgers or Rivers...... Its going to have to be like you said a falling out. But I would not give up our future for 2-3 years of a proven qb and a record of 8-8 because we gave up a ton of picks and or key pieces of the team to get him.. Like him or not Vick would have been a good fit if you wanted a holdover....

kelly2reed4six
09-15-2010, 09:28 PM
the only thing that makes washington better from a player standpoint, is that synder plays madden ball and signs all the name players you want. Ralph doesnt.

after 1 week if the WR's suck in Mcnabb's eyes, all he has to do is say something. work to get a receiver is in process.

after 1 week of the Wr's suckin in buffalo, mcnabb will be told about the difficulties of being in a small market, told that roscoe parrish is about to have his 5th breakout season in a row, and that we want to grow some talent in house so that when he hits 36 and is done with football, we'll have 1 receiver to take evan's spot.

How about Big Ben? If Dennis Dixon steps up these next 3 games he could steal the starting job....ya never know in this league. I'm not a huge fan of Ben Roethlisberger, but I despise losing more than him. If he were available, I would pull the trigger in a heart beat.

ublinkwescore
09-16-2010, 08:35 AM
if Ben screws up again, we won't go after him.

billz83
09-16-2010, 01:48 PM
i have nooo confidence in this organizations evaluation of talent..they will just get another bust..sumone needs to convince wilson to either SELL the team or stop being the worst owner in the NFL..stop running our team like a thrift store! the fans are TIRED OF IT and truthfully we deserve to cheer for a team that is respectable!! NOT THE GARBAGE wilson has put on the field for the last decade! who honestly thinks wilson will open up his tight wallet for a QB?!?! ESPECIALLY a high draft pick?! haha not me..

ublinkwescore
09-16-2010, 01:52 PM
i have nooo confidence in this organizations evaluation of talent..they will just get another bust..sumone needs to convince wilson to either SELL the team or stop being the worst owner in the NFL..stop running our team like a thrift store! the fans are TIRED OF IT and truthfully we deserve to cheer for a team that is respectable!! NOT THE GARBAGE wilson has put on the field for the last decade! who honestly thinks wilson will open up his tight wallet for a QB?!?! ESPECIALLY a high draft pick?! haha not me..

I'm tired of it too, all I know is they need to address T and QB in a very serious manner no later than next offseason.

Draft them, go after them in FA.

PromoTheRobot
09-17-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm going to Wal-mart. Want me to pick one up?

PTR