PDA

View Full Version : Starters Vs. Backups

trapezeus
09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
On both sides of the ball, please name players that you think wouldn't be very good as back up on a decent team?

1. Cornell Green
2. Any TE not named Nelson
3. 3 of 4 LB positions

Agree or disagree? Any additions?

OpIv37
09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Demetrius Bell.
Hangartner would be a back up for about half the NFL, but he'd be a decent back up.

trapezeus
09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Demetrius Bell.
Hangartner would be a back up for about half the NFL, but he'd be a decent back up.

i'd agree on Demetrius Bell.

the game is based on players who are starters, who wouldn't excite you as a backup if the team was good.

We have lot of those guys. more than most teams.

more cowbell
09-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Cornell Green would not be in the NFL if he wasn't a bill, same for Stupar....and they both START

ServoBillieves
09-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Stupar, Bell, Green. That's 3 of 6 on the line.

EDS
09-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Any outside linebacker on the roster, Any tight end on the roster, any offensive tackle on the roster, any wide receiver not named Lee Evans on the roster and any Quarterback on the roster.

Just to name a few.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Steve "Everyone's Johnson

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Kelsey

Mr. Pink
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
You could name close to 40 guys who are on this roster that fit the original posters question.

Jan Reimers
09-15-2010, 03:35 PM
I guess it's natural to be harder on our team, because we care more. Kind of like you expect more of your kids than other people's.

But the level of negativity on here is beyond anything I've encountered in over 7 years on the Bills Zone. I know we've been bad for a long time, but trying to post on here takes any fun out of being a fan.

I think I'll take a little break from the *****ing and whining.

hydro
09-15-2010, 03:45 PM
I guess it's natural to be harder on our team, because we care more. Kind of like you expect more of your kids than other people's.

But the level of negativity on here is beyond anything I've encountered in over 7 years on the Bills Zone. I know we've been bad for a long time, but trying to post on here takes any fun out of being a fan.

Might as well take the season off. Not going to change anytime this year.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Just wait till Vick joins up

RoscoeMagic
09-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Trent Edwards!

Philagape
09-15-2010, 04:56 PM

We're hard on them because they suck.

The fans just reflect what happens on the field. The team has to do something positive before the fans become more positive.

If you can't handle that, then your break will last until the team starts winning.

Crisis
09-15-2010, 09:25 PM
are we supposed to be positive when our team is going on over a decade with no playoffs and looked like **** in our opener once again??

Throne Logic
09-15-2010, 10:56 PM
are we supposed to be positive when our team is going on over a decade with no playoffs and looked like **** in our opener once again??

I think Jan's point is that being a fan of this team has just been so depressing and emotionally draining for a decade.

Generally, constructive comiserating leads to feeling somewhat better about a crappy situation.

Reading posts on the Zone lately has been just making us feel worse.

SabreEleven
09-16-2010, 07:10 AM

See you in 2021

trapezeus
09-16-2010, 08:40 AM
how can posters frustrate you enough to give up on the board, but 10 years of crappy play doesn't frustrate you to be hyper critical of the team?

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
how can posters frustrate you enough to give up on the board, but 10 years of crappy play doesn't frustrate you to be hyper critical of the team?

The negativity is a drain. There are many that add nothing to a conversation, but post 1500/day with their negative take.

Bull**** like saying 40 guys on the team wouldn't be on an NFL roster is a ****ing joke. In the next thread you'll read about all the players that left here and are good elsewhere, and if you look, you'll find when they were one of the 40 during their time here.

Every linebacker has to be Bennett, every DL has to be Bruce, and every QB Kelly. Any/Every FA is no good, terrible fit. Every draft pick a bust.

You really don't see how listening to the same people whine about everything that is said is obnoxious?

I know where Jan is coming from on this. A negative bastard like Op at least makes good conversation, and admits when people do well, but instead of being the cranky veteran, he is lost in the shadows of every 12 year old that will tell you about how bad we've been...we know, guys, really we ****ing know.

billz83
09-16-2010, 01:26 PM
The sad truth is most of these players would at BESTTT be backups on other teams..players like lee evans and sum of our secondary would start..but players like green and the majority of our OLINE, linebackers, DLine, QB, TE, other WRz, etc etc.. wouldnt even be backups MAYBEEE 3rd string..and YES they are THAT BAD..and the players we say that left the bills and are good elsewhere isnt the fans fault..itz the CHEAP *** FO and ralph wilsonz ***** ***..most of the fans realize we will not see anything even resembling success as long as wilson is owner..he HAS TO STEP DOWN! he is the bills WORST enemy.

trapezeus
09-16-2010, 01:32 PM
i think some of those guys that go to be better elsewhere, are utilized with better players around them. it's hard to take a bunch of average guys and ask them all to be amazing.

It's not a hard sell to have kris jenkins and Revis paired with a Leonard and see why he does well. It still remains that there aren't any playmakers on this team.

it's possible that simply getting a QB with guts will make playmakers out of evans and nelson and spiller. but i still think we don't have the right line. on defense, i think the front 4 are either young or they aren't in their natural position. same is true about the LB corp. That's 7 of 11 players out of position and out of sync.

it's hard to stay positive. it may turn out that we find out that people who look like total dog poo will be useful as the season wears on. but it's unlikely. we still need a lot more new bodies to push out the old ones.