I didn't see the Terrible Edwards game that everyone saw...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Commissioner
    • Dec 2004

I didn't see the Terrible Edwards game that everyone saw...

I saw an offense that was just shooting itself in the foot and making dumb mistakes.

Edwards did have a couple bad passes... but he also made plays that were negated.

- If it weren't for an "arm bar" he would of hit Evans on a deep pass

- He also hit David Nelson for 40 yards on a 2nd and 20 that was negated by a holding call.

- He also scrambled to his right and hit Lee Evans on a crossing route on a 3rd and long but Evans dropped it....

- He also looked excellent during the 2 minute offense when he had time and it resulted in a 31 yard TD pass.

It seemed to me that Edwards was trying to make plays and he was scrambling to buy time.... but the offense just was completely out of sync. i actually like that fact that he was scrambling and not just sitting in the pocket taking sacks.

Edwards did have his bad plays... but so did everyone else on the offense. Edwards has had worse games... but i can't blame this loss on him like the rest of Bills nation. This loss was a team effort.
    Last edited by Commissioner; 09-15-2010, 11:50 AM.
    Draft Gabbert at #3!
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: I didn't see the Terrible Edwards game that everyone saw...

Wow...more excuses for Trent...LOVELY!

Comment

• Commissioner
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Wow...more excuses for Trent...LOVELY!
      I don't think i'm making excuses.

It's easy to blame the QB for everything.... but what if Levitre didn't hold on the 40 yard pass to Nelson that put us at the 30 yard line?
      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

The what if game gets old really fast, and yes it is making excuses.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Commissioner
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          The what if game gets old really fast, and yes it is making excuses.
          It's easy to blame the QB when a team loses.... i just don't see how everyone can blame him for penalties and dropped passes. The entire offense sucked... not just him.
          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Yep, we can't blame the QB when the team loses, but if they win, we sure can exonerate him!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

It's also funny that you don't mention the 2 pick 6's that the Fins dropped.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                Because just like the drops he does mention they don't matter at all.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Commissioner
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  I thought I did when I said he made a couple bad passes... and had bad plays.

I'm not saying he had an awesome game... but i don't believe he had the terrible game that everyone thinks... and he was the reason why we lost. I've seen him play worst. Everyone says he checks down all the time... but he did throw the ball down field 3 or 4 times... and connected twice.... 1 came back due to holding.

The offense just kept shooting itself in the foot... and i thought gailey's game plan was terrible.
                  Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Commissioner
                    I don't think i'm making excuses.

It's easy to blame the QB for everything.... but what if Levitre didn't hold on the 40 yard pass to Nelson that put us at the 30 yard line?
                    What if Miami DB's did not have hands of stone? Trent would have put up 14 points for the Fins.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

I'm not saying he had an awesome game... but i don't believe he had the terrible game that everyone thinks... and he was the reason why we lost. I've seen him play worst. Everyone says he checks down all the time... but he did throw the ball down field 3 or 4 times... and connected twice.... 1 came back due to holding.

The offense just kept shooting itself in the foot... and i thought gailey's game plan was terrible.
                      The offense kept shooting itself in the foot because the QB is totally incompetent.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Oh, I thought you were talking about the screen passes that Trent could not complete when you said a couple bad passes, I thought you forgot about the pick sixes.

Comment

• Commissioner
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by better days
                          Oh, I thought you were talking about the screen passes that Trent could not complete when you said a couple bad passes, I thought you forgot about the pick sixes.
                          Screen passes that were dropped or batted down?

Seriously... let's blame everything out of his control on him.
                          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Commissioner
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            The offense kept shooting itself in the foot because the QB is totally incompetent.
                            Ru people serious?

They were holding and missing assignments because of the QB?

Gimme a break....
                            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

but i can't blame this loss on him like the rest of Bills nation. This loss was a team effort.
                              He isn't the only reason we lost but he is part of the reason. The guys just doesn't have the balls. I hope Lee calls him out again if Trent acts like a girl vs. the packers.

He tried to lose the game twice but it was a good thing the fins couldn't make the INT. We all would be singing a different tune had the fins caught those balls.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-15-2010, 12:12 PM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X