PDA

View Full Version : How much better would this team be now

ServoBillieves
09-15-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm dead serious. Stupar is NOT a good tight end. If we had Schouman and Nelson with Stupar as a third, would Captain Checkdown have, well, someone decent to check down to? It seems to me his safety valve has switched to Spiller, which defenses are going to be looking for anyways.

I dunno, it just seems that good QB's get to utilize a good Tight End, and this team doesn't have one.

And before anyone else says it... "We also don't have this, and this, and this, and this..."

Mahdi
09-15-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm dead serious. Stupar is NOT a good tight end. If we had Schouman and Nelson with Stupar as a third, would Captain Checkdown have, well, someone decent to check down to? It seems to me his safety valve has switched to Spiller, which defenses are going to be looking for anyways.

I dunno, it just seems that good QB's get to utilize a good Tight End, and this team doesn't have one.

And before anyone else says it... "We also don't have this, and this, and this, and this..."
Not much better. Who would get him the ball?

justasportsfan
09-15-2010, 12:32 PM
If he rus more than 10 yards, not much better.

trapezeus
09-15-2010, 12:41 PM
our TE situation is so pathetic, i'd rather just put in a back up linemen in there to get some more time to try and set up a pocket.

RoscoeMagic
09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Stupar is a bum. Schouman was at least a reliable target for Edwards. Can't wait till Nelson comes back.

And did anyone see David Martin at all on Sunday? I completely forgot about him.

Hogwasher
09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Stupar didnt look great in there.

superbills
09-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Stupar is a bum. Schouman was at least a reliable target for Edwards. Can't wait till Nelson comes back.

And did anyone see David Martin at all on Sunday? I completely forgot about him.

Apparently Martin didn't play. I was wondering about him, too. I wonder if he'll see action this week?

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2010, 05:03 PM
This is a great question. Nelson showed some flashes, but didn't receive the ball enough, last year. I remember him talking about working on his footwork, and being a little disheartened.

He could be a major threat with his speed, but I understand the blocking is a real issue. Nothing gives the play away lime taking out Nelson for Schouman every time he is supposed to block...

It would be nice to see us use the TE alot more, and that may be a much bigger piece than a lot of people make it.

mikemac2001
09-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Greg olsen?

X-Era
09-16-2010, 05:13 PM

Marginally IMO. I don't think adding another short option can drastically improve the outcome. We simply have to be capable of making plays at all levels of the field or we can be easily defended against.

But yes, having a receiving threat at TE is a nice thing to have.

Nighthawk
09-16-2010, 07:26 PM
They wouldn't be any better because Trent never throws to the TE.

Mr. Pink
09-16-2010, 10:59 PM
They wouldn't be any better because Trent never throws to the TE.

In defense of Trent, we don't have a TE right now that should even be on an NFL roster. If I was playing a pickup game, I wouldn't throw to any of them either.

:rofl:

ferg2butler
09-16-2010, 11:12 PM
I think it could make a big difference. As much as people dis Robert Royal, a lot of Trent's better plays went to him

Stewie
09-16-2010, 11:22 PM
If he rus more than 10 yards, not much better.

lol ouch

BertSquirtgum
09-16-2010, 11:55 PM
it doesn't matter who we have if trent is the quarterback. he is just so awful. it's hard to put how bad he is in words.