PDA

View Full Version : Gailey disagrees with Evans that they called shots down field.

Commissioner
09-15-2010, 02:17 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/09/gailey-on-trent.html

"He can’t be more aggressive if we don’t allow him to be and call the stuff and they run the coverage that dictates that he throws it down the field. There’s too much put on whether he’s throwing the ball downfield or not. It’s the plays called, it’s the coverage they run. It’s all that together. … He’s got to do what the plays tell him to do and what the reads tell him to do within those plays. … He’ll throw it down the field. I’m not worried about that. Are there times that he could have taken a shot? There might have been a couple. But more it was what we were trying to do with the football and what we told him to do with the football against certain coverages."

Mad Max
09-15-2010, 02:19 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/09/gailey-on-trent.html

Translation:

Trent sucked but my play calling sucked more.

justasportsfan
09-15-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't see where he denies what Lee said , it's more like explaining why the shots down field weren't made.

Commissioner
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't see where he denies what Lee said , it's more like explaining why the shots down field weren't made.

Lee Evans said that the plays were called but for "whatever reason" (TRENT EDWARDS in his opinion) shots weren't taken.

justasportsfan
09-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Lee Evans said that the plays were called but for "whatever reason" (TRENT EDWARDS in his opinion) shots weren't taken.

yeah. That could mean the plays were called but Gaileys statement sounds like he's explaining WHY they weren't made. Not that they didn't call the plays.

Commissioner
09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
yeah. That could mean the plays were called but Gaileys statement sounds like he's explaining WHY they weren't made. Not that they didn't call the plays.

Lee Evans would prefer we threw bombs every play because he can't run any routes besides hooks and streaks.

justasportsfan
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Lee Evans would prefer we threw bombs every play because he can't run any routes besides hooks and streaks.

maybe, but that has nothing to do with whether or not the calls were made.

The thread title should be ,Gailey gives the reasons in Lee's "whatever reasons" .

Mad Max
09-15-2010, 02:39 PM

I'd be ok with that. Play to our strengths. Every ball to Evans should be 30+ downfield, let Roscoe and Nelson be the RAC guys.

At a 30% completion rate on those throws our offense would be more productive than it is now.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I'd be ok with that. Play to our strengths. Every ball to Evans should be 30+ downfield, let Roscoe and Nelson be the RAC guys.

At a 30% completion rate on those throws our offense would be more productive than it is now.

LOL. We'd have 3 dead Quarterbacks and lead NFL in Sacks if we kept calling bombs with this OL

Mad Max
09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
LOL. We'd have 3 dead Quarterbacks and lead NFL in Sacks if we kept calling bombs with this OL

I'd be ok with that as well. Not one tear would I shed if all three of our dancing monkeys went to IR.

better days
09-15-2010, 02:59 PM
It sounds to me like Chan knows Trent is getting flack about the last game & is just trying to prop him up.

justasportsfan
09-15-2010, 03:23 PM
that quote is on bb.com in Gailey's presser. The question was "Does Trent have to be more aggressive throwing downfield".

Thief
09-15-2010, 03:35 PM
"There might have been a couple."

Translation: Nothing Lee said was refuted.

This is coach talk. Whatta ya want him to do, throw his starting QB under the bus or take his fair share of the criticisms?

Philagape
09-15-2010, 04:02 PM

Keep seven guys to block. Send one or two deep, with one or two other routes. Run it out of a full house or big split-back set with a play fake.

Philagape
09-15-2010, 04:03 PM
"There might have been a couple."

Translation: Nothing Lee said was refuted.

This is coach talk. Whatta ya want him to do, throw his starting QB under the bus or take his fair share of the criticisms?

Agreed, Chan has already showed that he'll throw himself in front of his players. So his words should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nighthawk
09-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Agreed, Chan has already showed that he'll throw himself in front of his players. So his words should be taken with a grain of salt.

Exactly...the guy can't be this stupid to think we actually believe him!

Hogwasher
09-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Gailey wants to give trent confidence and take the blame. Jauron was content to let him fend for himself.

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Speculative.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Speculative.

Uhhh, that's not speculative because Evans said it.

Novacane
09-15-2010, 10:26 PM
It sounds to me like Chan knows Trent is getting flack about the last game & is just trying to prop him up.

That's exactly what this is all about. Chan proping up his fragile pussy QB. I wonder how long he's gonna keep telling us Trent does not suck. Lets see how Chan feels about Trent in another month.

Novacane
09-15-2010, 10:34 PM
"There might have been a couple ."

What Chan said

"There might have been a couple dozen ."

The truth.

big hock
09-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Translation: I'll stick up for my pansy-ass q.b. every time.