PDA

View Full Version : Keith Ellison starting at MLB is Everything Still Wrong at OBD!!!!!

bigbub2352
09-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Keith Ellison making the roster let alone starting next week against GB is a JOKE!

This shows we didnt sign enough/ Draft enough players to bring in here to improve the depth of this team..staying status quo at several positions and keeping guys like ellison show why we are the laughing stock of the NFL.

He is terrible..Gets run over all day and is way to small to play in the 3-4 he is 229lbs ...should be in the 250 range to take on FB's and Olineman something ellison cant do at all and couldn't do with 4 down lineman let alone 3!

Bash all you want I usually do get it when i post like this..but he is way to small and he sucks to bad to help us anywhere on this team.

Get some real depth in here. Draft positions we actually need..and sign players that actually fit the scheme's you try to run then maybe you might do something you havent done in 10 years..........WIN!

ddaryl
09-15-2010, 03:27 PM
1 year into a rebuilding process.... welcome back to reality

JCBills
09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
He's been learning the system since day 1. Ayodele is familiar with it somewhat but probably doesn't have the details down yet. Moats is still too raw, Ellison is the only option we have, I don't know what you want them to realistically do.

DBrown77
09-15-2010, 03:31 PM
He played as well as our other linebackers agains Miami.

justasportsfan
09-15-2010, 03:34 PM
No one else has stepped up I guess.

bigbub2352
09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
He's been learning the system since day 1. Ayodele is familiar with it somewhat but probably doesn't have the details down yet. Moats is still too raw, Ellison is the only option we have, I don't know what you want them to realistically do.

Thats not my point, My point is why in the offseason didnt we bring in 2-3 MLB's then draft more than 1 LBer? why didnt we bring in more UDFA MLB's?
why didnt we bring in more Olineman More TE's?

We handle our depth horrible

Why is there a FB on the PS?
why isnt't there any LBer's?

mismanagement

i agree Adoyle isnt ready but we should have had better options to begin with

nobody stepped up cause we didnt bring anyone in to compete other than Moats...we kept manalac who was a bum...we signed woods who was small and...?

trapezeus
09-15-2010, 04:06 PM
i said in a different post. flip kelsay and ellison on sunday. ellison can at least attempt to run with a rb in coverage. kelsay seems to want to be a run stuffer anyways.

Mad Max
09-15-2010, 04:11 PM
i said in a different post. flip kelsay and ellison on sunday. ellison can at least attempt to run with a rb in coverage. kelsay seems to want to be a run stuffer anyways.

That sounds like an idea worth trying. Kelsay was lost in space (Danger Will Robinson!), and Ellison is sure to get trucked in the middle. Inverting them couldn't hurt to try.

trapezeus
09-15-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks Max. How often do you just catch **** on this site for suggesting something.

Anyways, it isn't a perfect fit, but kelsay has the body to be a run stuffer in the middle an rush the passer. Ellison, is best as the second guy to the tackle and running with a TE and a RB.

I don't know how much learning has to go into flipping the positions, but with POZ out and ellison being the fix, i feel like they are already up ****'s creek.

Mad Max
09-15-2010, 04:28 PM
thanks Max. How often do you just catch **** on this site for suggesting something.

Anyways, it isn't a perfect fit, but kelsay has the body to be a run stuffer in the middle an rush the passer. Ellison, is best as the second guy to the tackle and running with a TE and a RB.

I don't know how much learning has to go into flipping the positions, but with POZ out and ellison being the fix, i feel like they are already up ****'s creek.

:cheers:

We're not a contender, so we can afford to experiment. Whackier ****'s been done successfully, Peters from TE to OT?

And as bad as Kelsay looked in coverage, Ellison couldn't be worse out there.

WeAreArthurMoates
09-15-2010, 04:56 PM
It's pretty simple, Ellison can somewhat cover, Ayodele can not. Akin will play in short yardage situations but that's it.

YardRat
09-15-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't think Kelsay has the speed to drop and cover the middle on passes, plus he's still struggling with his reads.

Mad Max
09-15-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't think Kelsay has the speed to drop and cover the middle on passes, plus he's still struggling with his reads.

Kelsay doesn't have the speed to do much of anything on the football field (especially in a 3-4). He was getting torched all game long due to lack of it, moreso than making the wrong read. He is big and stiff...no hip fluidity as a draftnik might say.

So in space he can't cover OR stop the run. At least in the middle he may be more effective in stopping the run.

Nighthawk
09-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Let's stop with the excuses for Ellison...when the guy makes a tackle it's at least 5 yards down the field. He shouldn't be on the team...period.

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Ayodele isn't ready? This team added Davis and now Ayodele. We had Poz and Mitchell. Then there is Ellison who is a better 5th MLB than anything we could have gotten off a UDFA list. There isn't much you can do when your 2 starters go down. I'd say this team did a lot as far as adding some experienced depth at the LB spots. Also, Jermichael Finley would eat up any of our regular MLB's in coverage....Ellison is actually half way decent in coverage.

more cowbell
09-16-2010, 12:16 AM
we had Kawika Mitchell as our backup inside linebacker...oops

madness
09-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Keith Ellison making the roster let alone starting next week against GB is a JOKE!

This shows we didnt sign enough/ Draft enough players to bring in here to improve the depth of this team..staying status quo at several positions and keeping guys like ellison show why we are the laughing stock of the NFL.

He is terrible..Gets run over all day and is way to small to play in the 3-4 he is 229lbs ...should be in the 250 range to take on FB's and Olineman something ellison cant do at all and couldn't do with 4 down lineman let alone 3!

Bash all you want I usually do get it when i post like this..but he is way to small and he sucks to bad to help us anywhere on this team.

Get some real depth in here. Draft positions we actually need..and sign players that actually fit the scheme's you try to run then maybe you might do something you havent done in 10 years..........WIN!

Good thing that the Packers will try to spread the field and we will be in 4-3 nickle/dime packages most of the day.

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2010, 10:39 AM
I thought Ellison did ok on Sunday...

I used to have it in for him, because that was the cool thing to do, but I really don't mind him as depth. I see why he made the team.

Kelsay v. Ellison...give me Ellison.

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Thats not my point, My point is why in the offseason didnt we bring in 2-3 MLB's then draft more than 1 LBer? why didnt we bring in more UDFA MLB's?
why didnt we bring in more Olineman More TE's?

We handle our depth horrible

Why is there a FB on the PS?
why isnt't there any LBer's?

mismanagement

i agree Adoyle isnt ready but we should have had better options to begin with

nobody stepped up cause we didnt bring anyone in to compete other than Moats...we kept manalac who was a bum...we signed woods who was small and...?

Great point!! It's wrong, but it would be awesome if it were true!!!

bigbub2352
09-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Great point!! It's wrong, but it would be awesome if it were true!!!

How is it wrong?
please explain?

Bashing Ellison wasn't the thing to do..he was awful last year...and doesnt fit this scheme at all so...?

bigbub2352
09-16-2010, 11:30 AM
i apologize i forgot about the john russell signing my bad....

billz83
09-16-2010, 12:50 PM
The entire problem is bills fans having to even TALK about bums like Kelsay and Ellison..IMO they are both TERRIBLE!!!!..they shouldnt even be on this roster..we should have BEEEEEEEEEEEN replaced them with better players either thru free agency or the draft but we ignored that just like we ignored the QB and OLINE..