PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson should start on Sunday

YardRat
09-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Spiller should still get carries, but Fred should be the starter.

wmoz11
09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Each back should get 10 carries, IMO. But I don't disagree with your statement. I wouldn't mind FJ getting 15, Spiller getting 12, and Lynch getting 10. Doubt we're in position to run that much, though.

Throne Logic
09-15-2010, 10:44 PM
This is rediculous. While it is nice to have 3 quality RBs on the roster, it is also a recipe for failure to try and use them all equally.

More often than not, running backs need to be in the game to be "in the game". It's OK if you work with two guys were the starter gets 2/3 of the reps. However, trying to work 3 in is just dumb.

Look at Freddie's stats. He should be getting 15-20 carries. He's proven that he's capable of good productivity despite the rest of the offense. Let Spiller and Lynch split a couple between them. Spiller can work in double back sets and run short pass routes to get more touches.

Buddo
09-16-2010, 04:43 AM
I'd have to agree that Fred should start. Which was the overall 'plan' all along. Injuries and Spiller's pre-season performance, lead him to get the start, but it was an error tbh.
Jackson/Lynch get the thing moving, with Spiller getting the odd carry/pass to keep the opposition guessing, then you give Spiller more opportunities as the game goes along, when his speed will be an added advantage.
With all the talk about bad 'run design' from Gailey etc., I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was part of what he was alluding to, the fact that he went with Spiller rather than 'plan A'.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Start Spiller. Trade Jackson or Lynch. Whoever nets us more in return

malvado78
09-16-2010, 07:41 AM
This week should be a feature of lynch and only lynch. If he cuts up GB the Bills might be able to milk a 2nd...

Jaybird
09-16-2010, 08:01 AM
have they annouced that spiller is starting?