PDA

View Full Version : Lynch to GB rumor info

hydro014
09-16-2010, 09:13 AM
My roomate in college is a die hard Packer fan. He sent me a link to this guys rumor site. He told me that he usually has good info. Take it for what its worth it may be smoke or BS, I just thought that people may like to read what he has to say.

Enjoy:
http://joeslockerroom.com/On_The_Sidelines.html

BuffaloBlitz83
09-16-2010, 09:18 AM
That guy looks like a tool

Luisito23
09-16-2010, 09:19 AM
LOL...:negrep:

RockStar36
09-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Without looking at the link, I can say I read this rumor from 2 other places on Twitter last night.

Green Bay wanted Lynch the year he was drafted and honestly, the trade makes a ton of sense for both teams.

psubills62
09-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Interesting, especially being so detailed. Donald Lee is intriguing - I think I'd rather have him than Hawk. And like they said, it's obvious no deal will go down until after the game.

Mad Max
09-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Interesting, especially being so detailed. Donald Lee is intriguing - I think I'd rather have him than Hawk. And like they said, it's obvious no deal will go down until after the game.

We'll know somethings is up if Lynch gets a hangnail and sits Sunday out.

Tatonka
09-16-2010, 09:35 AM
i would love lynch for hawk.. actually.. lynch for anyone.

RockStar36
09-16-2010, 09:43 AM
I can't imagine the Bills getting any player in return, only a draft pick. But I also have no knowledge of the situation to make that statement.

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Lynch for Hawk, Donald Lee, Pat Lee, AND a 4th would be a bad trade. The Packers want to get rid of ALL of them, and if the Bills give them Lynch, it makes the 4th rounder a late 4th round pick (and if he meets incentives, it would be a late 2nd round pick). No thanks. Offer up something worthwhile, GB.

OpIv37
09-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Lynch for Hawk, Donald Lee, Pat Lee, AND a 4th would be a bad trade. The Packers want to get rid of ALL of them, and if the Bills give them Lynch, it makes the 4th rounder a late 4th round pick (and if he meets incentives, it would be a late 2nd round pick). No thanks. Offer up something worthwhile, GB.

yeah, because Lynch's 3 carries are so integral to this team :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
09-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Eh I think I would take that deal. How the hell much would we get for a 3rd string RB?

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 09:58 AM
yeah, because Lynch's 3 carries are so integral to this team :rolleyes:
Dumb argument considering the team rushed just 14 times, with Spiller getting 7 carries, Jackson getting 4, and Lynch getting 3. I'd rather trade Jackson, who is 29 years old.

RockStar36
09-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Dumb argument considering the team rushed just 14 times, with Spiller getting 7 carries, Jackson getting 4, and Lynch getting 3. I'd rather trade Jackson, who is 29 years old.

I'd rather trade Lynch, who already has two strikes against him and is surely dumb enough to **** up again.

BTP
09-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I'd rather trade Lynch, who already has two strikes against him and is surely dumb enough to **** up again.

Two strikes? I knew about gun one, what's the other one?

OpIv37
09-16-2010, 10:10 AM

It's not dumb when you consider Lynch's poor performance last year and the fact that he's 1 mistake away from a one-year vacation mandated by Roger Goodell.

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Why not play a little hardball with the Packers?

I know everybody wants to get rid of Lynch, but why get rid of a talented player for nothing? GB needs a running back...we happen to have a two time 1,000 rusher that they were interested in drafting (probably because he is extremely ****ing talented.)

If Nix is playing hardball...good for him, that's what we need. Get value in a trade, don't dump players in a panic.

OpIv37
09-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Why not play a little hardball with the Packers?

I know everybody wants to get rid of Lynch, but why get rid of a talented player for nothing? GB needs a running back...we happen to have a two time 1,000 rusher that they were interested in drafting (probably because he is extremely ****ing talented.)

If Nix is playing hardball...good for him, that's what we need. Get value in a trade, don't dump players in a panic.

There's no reason to personalize this. It's not about getting rid of Lynch. It's about a team that has 3 good RB's and a ton of holes in other positions. Nix may be able to play a little hardball because they are desperate, but there is a line.

As far as 1000 yard rusher, well, 2 comments on that:
1. Why is a RB automatically a 1000 yard rusher if he does it once? Lynch ran for 450 yards last season. There is no guarantee he will ever return to 1000 yard status.

2. 1000 yards is 62.5 yards per game in a 16 game season. It ain't that great.

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2010, 10:16 AM
It's not dumb when you consider Lynch's poor performance last year and the fact that he's 1 mistake away from a one-year vacation mandated by Roger Goodell.

The one mistake he made a violation of a law that has since been deemed unconstitutional, so I wonder if he would still get a year vacation?

Why is everybody so convinced that he will do something to get suspended? I know he has dreads and a grill, but the "crime" he committed was not exactly heinous, and all of the alleged incidents in B-Lo amount to a whole lot of nothing, when looking at the facts. Nothing has come of any of them, because there was nothing there to begin with, but he is "guilty" in the fans' eyes?

The suspension argument is weak.

RockStar36
09-16-2010, 10:16 AM

His little hit & run was the first. Why do you think he got suspended for the gun? That was strike 2.

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2010, 10:22 AM
There's no reason to personalize this. It's not about getting rid of Lynch. It's about a team that has 3 good RB's and a ton of holes in other positions. Nix may be able to play a little hardball because they are desperate, but there is a line.

As far as 1000 yard rusher, well, 2 comments on that:
1. Why is a RB automatically a 1000 yard rusher if he does it once? Lynch ran for 450 yards last season. There is no guarantee he will ever return to 1000 yard status.

2. 1000 yards is 62.5 yards per game in a 16 game season. It ain't that great.

I said he was a two time 1,000 yard rusher...

I guess that for a RB to be considered a 1,000 rusher he would need to gain 1,000 yards rushing in a season, which you noted is an average of 62.5 yds per game.

Lynch did that in the year of our lord, two thousand and seven.

Lynch repeated that feat in the year of our lord, two thousand and eight.

The fact that he ran for 1,000 yards in each of the above mentioned seasons, would make him a two-time 1,000 rusher.

Lynch was suspended on a very debatable offense, and was splitting carries with FJ. Also, Lynch added some weight, and it was a bad experiment. He has dropped the weight, and by all accounts, looked very strong in camp. He looked much like he did the two years prior to last year, when he I feel he should have earned the title 1,000 yard rusher, due to the fact that he rushed for 1,000 yards...even if it ain't that great.

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 10:23 AM
His performance last year was because of his suspension and showing-up out of shape. Given that both he and Jackson averaged over 4.3 YPC against the Dols, Gailey made a mistake not running them more over Spiller, especially since Edwards was sucking the hind teat.

As for being 1 mistake away, why would the Packers be willing to take a chance on him then? Because they're trading worthless players for a guy who is a 1,100+ yard RB and great replacement for Grant, and who is a good bet to NOT get into trouble again.

Speaking of Goodell and his worthless PCP, it wouldn't surprise me to a) see the PCP gone with the new CBA and/or B) Goodell being gone, seeing as how poor of a job he's done as Commish. I mean, when Shaun Rogers can get arrested at an airport with a gun and nothing happens to him, you know that Goodell has no clue what he's trying to do.

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
His little hit & run was the first. Why do you think he got suspended for the gun? That was strike 2.
That was an accident, pure and simple. And he got what amounted to a moving violations ticket as a result.

madness
09-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Nothing’s changed on Lynch (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/16/nothings-changed-on-lynch/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2010-09-16T09:34:27+0000"> September 16, 2010 – 9:34 am </abbr> </small>

Despite the myriad of reports out there that have tried to connect the dots between the Packers, who lost RB Ryan Grant for the season, and the Bills, who have a stable of talented backs, Buffalo’s stance on Marshawn Lynch has not changed.
Many reports have speculated that Lynch could be traded to Green Bay, but that’s simply not the case. The Bills have maintained a consistent stance on Marshawn Lynch, which is that they plan to keep him on their roster.
“Our intention is for Marshawn Lynch to be here,” said Bills GM Buddy Nix the weekend of the draft. “He is under contract and we think he is a good back. All this trade talk is not coming from us. He is ours and we intend for him to be here.”
Head coach Chan Gailey made his stance clear as well on Wednesday this week saying he wants to have Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and C.J. Spiller on his roster.
“Everybody has got opinions about what’s right and we feel like having the three we have right now is a very good situation for us,” said Gailey. ”We have to continue to get better with each one of them and see how their roles play out as the year goes on. This is a situation in the NFL where you can’t have too many good running backs.”
And the Bills experienced that first hand in the preseason when both Jackson and Lynch were both injured on the first series of the first preseason game and were lost for three and four weeks, leaving the team with just Spiller.
If anything that situation only further strengthened the team’s stance that they’ll need all three backs to get through the season with their running game not suffering from a lack of capable ball carriers.

trapezeus
09-16-2010, 10:38 AM
if the bills are getting 3 or 4 players and a pick for marshawn, i'm of the opinion that you do it, even if the players aren't super high. we have backups as starters in a lot of spots on this team. if you can get better starters you make the trade.

if they have to wait until sunday to feel good about doing this, fine. but do not lynch go for nothing during this offseason. the bills aren't going to sign hiim to a new contract because he seemingly doesn't want to from his OTA behavior and the articles about how he feels unfairly treated.

get something.

RockStar36
09-16-2010, 10:38 AM
That was an accident, pure and simple. And he got what amounted to a moving violations ticket as a result.

You're insane.

Lynch got suspended for his gun because it was the SECOND incident in less than one year.

One more, and his suspension is that much longer. I'll take Jackson.

By the way, 29 isn't as old on someone like Jackson who hasn't seen the normal wear and tear that a running back typically has by that age.

OpIv37
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
The one mistake he made a violation of a law that has since been deemed unconstitutional, so I wonder if he would still get a year vacation?

Why is everybody so convinced that he will do something to get suspended? I know he has dreads and a grill, but the "crime" he committed was not exactly heinous, and all of the alleged incidents in B-Lo amount to a whole lot of nothing, when looking at the facts. Nothing has come of any of them, because there was nothing there to begin with, but he is "guilty" in the fans' eyes?

The suspension argument is weak.

you think the NFL cares about the constitutionality of the law? They suspended Pac Man for a year and to this day the guy's never been convicted of anything.

And no one cares about his dreads or his grill. The guy is a millionaire who gets kicked out of bars for bringing in his own bottle. He was caught smoking weed in car with an illegal gun in the back. It's not about his dreads or his grill- it's about a complete lack of common sense.

There is a very good chance the guy will get in trouble again, and the suspension argument is very real.

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 10:43 AM
if the bills are getting 3 or 4 players and a pick for marshawn, i'm of the opinion that you do it, even if the players aren't super high. we have backups as starters in a lot of spots on this team. if you can get better starters you make the trade.

if they have to wait until sunday to feel good about doing this, fine. but do not lynch go for nothing during this offseason. the bills aren't going to sign hiim to a new contract because he seemingly doesn't want to from his OTA behavior and the articles about how he feels unfairly treated.

get something.
The Bills have Lynch under contract through 2012. Why would they let him go after this season?

And just because you're getting a bunch of players, it doesn't mean they're any good. Donald Lee is 30 and on the downside, Pat Lee has missed all but 9 games the past 2 years. And Hawk is a backup who doesn't see much action in the 3-4.

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 10:49 AM
You're insane.

Lynch got suspended for his gun because it was the SECOND incident in less than one year.

By the way, 29 isn't as old on someone like Jackson who hasn't seen the normal wear and tear that a running back typically has by that age.
How can an accident be considered a "first incident?"

wmoz11
09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd take Brad Jones and a pick, though his build resembles Maybin. Donald Lee would be nice, too.

Historian
09-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I can't imagine the Bills getting any player in return, only a draft pick. But I also have no knowledge of the situation to make that statement.

At this point, I would trade him for a Bart Starr autographed football...

WeAreArthurMoates
09-16-2010, 11:24 AM
You're insane.

I agree, I'd take Jackson over Lynch anyday. Better short yardage runningback, and much better hands. He can compliment Spiller for 2 years until Bell is ready. Remember Lynch will never be more than a back-up. I'd love a Brad Jones and Lynch trade, throw in Donald Lee, and it's a great one.

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2010, 11:45 AM

It was a hit and run. At the time, people wanted it to go away. If he did that today after the suspension and all the other "stories", people would want to cut him. Hell, people want to cut him now.

better days
09-16-2010, 11:48 AM
You're insane.

Age 29 is age 29 period. As we age EVERYONE takes longer for injuries to heal. A fact of life.

Nighthawk
09-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Two things that make this report seem like bull*****. First, there is no way that Lynch would demand a new contract and kill his chances to get out of Buffalo. Second, I do believe, that it is prohibited to take a healthy player, such as James Starks and stash him on the IR.

Those two things lead me to believe that this guy is not for real...

Albany,n.y.
09-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't know where the guy came up with Pat Lee as part of the trade. Why would the Bills be interested in another cornerback? I think his source heard Lee as part of the discussions & didn't know which one, when the obvious one was Donald the TE not Pat the CB.

mysticsoto
09-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Nothing’s changed on Lynch (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/16/nothings-changed-on-lynch/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2010-09-16T09:34:27+0000"> September 16, 2010 – 9:34 am </abbr> </small>

Despite the myriad of reports out there that have tried to connect the dots between the Packers, who lost RB Ryan Grant for the season, and the Bills, who have a stable of talented backs, Buffalo’s stance on Marshawn Lynch has not changed.
Many reports have speculated that Lynch could be traded to Green Bay, but that’s simply not the case. The Bills have maintained a consistent stance on Marshawn Lynch, which is that they plan to keep him on their roster.
“Our intention is for Marshawn Lynch to be here,” said Bills GM Buddy Nix the weekend of the draft. “He is under contract and we think he is a good back. All this trade talk is not coming from us. He is ours and we intend for him to be here.”
Head coach Chan Gailey made his stance clear as well on Wednesday this week saying he wants to have Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and C.J. Spiller on his roster.
“Everybody has got opinions about what’s right and we feel like having the three we have right now is a very good situation for us,” said Gailey. ”We have to continue to get better with each one of them and see how their roles play out as the year goes on. This is a situation in the NFL where you can’t have too many good running backs.”
And the Bills experienced that first hand in the preseason when both Jackson and Lynch were both injured on the first series of the first preseason game and were lost for three and four weeks, leaving the team with just Spiller.
If anything that situation only further strengthened the team’s stance that they’ll need all three backs to get through the season with their running game not suffering from a lack of capable ball carriers.

Translation: We want a 2nd rd pick for him and we're not budging...

I hope they get it...

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
It was a hit and run. At the time, people wanted it to go away. If he did that today after the suspension and all the other "stories", people would want to cut him. Hell, people want to cut him now.
It was an accident and there is no evidence to support he was DUI and/or knew he hit her. Hence the reason it's not a first offense, even though Sir Roger apparently used it as such.

As for the gun, it's funny that Shaun Rogers can get arrested for having a loaded gun in a bag at an airport, and has "prior incidents" of violating the substance abuse policy and sexually assaulting a stripper, but gets nothing. Or that Lynch didn't get a reduction in his suspension like virtually every other player.

If something else happens, he's gone. But it's worth the risk.

don137
09-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Didnt Nix counter from a trade offer at the draft with wanting a second rounder? If the Bills counter then they are willing to trade him. Green Bay needs a running game to succeed due to the inclement weather so they need a RB. I think it is just posturing at this point.

BillsWin
09-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Running over a Canadian hooker with his car.

clumping platelets
09-16-2010, 01:30 PM
RB Lynch, CB McGee, cond 2011 to GB for LB Hawk, LB G. Jones, CB P. Lee, and cond 2011

Git'r dun!!

trapezeus
09-16-2010, 01:34 PM
did anyone pitch the lynch for rodgers trade yet? if not, i'm saying that's what lynch's value is worth.

starrymessenger
09-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Green Bay can kiss their SB dreams goodbye unless they lay hands on a genuine # 1 tailback. ML clearly has the ability to be that. Even with the risks, at least he gives them a chance. Aaron Rodgers does miracles behind a relatively porous OLine. Take away any credibility in the running game and even he, and therefore the Pack, are dead meat.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-16-2010, 01:43 PM
I agree. GB has no shot at a SB with B. Jackson as there RB

justasportsfan
09-16-2010, 01:48 PM
If the bills can't run against us on Sunday, ML's stock will go up once desperation kicks in.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Too bad PATS already traded their 1st round pick RB. Now Lynch's value for a serious contending team just went up.

I don't want Hawk. I want a 2nd round pick conditional to 1st round IF GB makes SB with Lynch playing a certain number of games.

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't know where the guy came up with Pat Lee as part of the trade. Why would the Bills be interested in another cornerback? I think his source heard Lee as part of the discussions & didn't know which one, when the obvious one was Donald the TE not Pat the CB.
Maybe his source just told him "Lee" so he had to quantify either Donald or Pat.

X-Era
09-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Brad Jones and Pat Lee? Two guys that have done nothing so far? Another CB? Id hate that trade... Hawk I wouldnt mind, but if not, give me McNeil even if it cost a pick or two as well.

dannyek71
09-16-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't want Hawk. I want a 2nd round pick conditional to 1st round IF GB makes SB with Lynch playing a certain number of games.

What are you smoking?

5 1sts, Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, and Brett Farve's leftover jocks.

Ground Chuck
09-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Buddy Nix is really saying that Lynch is cheap. His remaining contract is friendly.

We aren't going to swallow a big stupid contract like Hawk's.

Mad Max
09-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Buddy Nix is really saying that Lynch is cheap. His remaining contract is friendly.

We aren't going to swallow a big stupid contract like Hawk's.

Right. Tom Donahoe Nix is not (thank GOD).

Hawk if traded would get his contract reworked...but he'd probably still want much more than he's worth. Just another reason to not try for him.

Commissioner
09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Too bad PATS already traded their 1st round pick RB. Now Lynch's value for a serious contending team just went up.

There's no way any team in their right mind is gonna give that up for a RB. If McNabb couldn't get a 2nd round pick... you think Lynch is?

Put down the pipe.

Extremebillsfan247
09-16-2010, 06:08 PM
An unknown team during the offseason apparently offered the Bills a 3rd pick and a player for Lynch, and the Bills didn't think that was good enough. It's also been reported that just a couple of weeks ago another team inquired about Lynch, and the Bills said Lynch is not available. This team is pretty adamant about keeping all 3 running backs on the roster for the 2010 season. Lynch isn't going anywhere.

elltrain22
09-16-2010, 06:22 PM
really the only rumors that I ever put any stake into our Blame Canada's posts.

X-Era
09-16-2010, 06:27 PM
An unknown team during the offseason apparently offered the Bills a 3rd pick and a player for Lynch, and the Bills didn't think that was good enough. It's also been reported that just a couple of weeks ago another team inquired about Lynch, and the Bills said Lynch is not available. This team is pretty adamant about keeping all 3 running backs on the roster for the 2010 season. Lynch isn't going anywhere.

The only way I like us keeping him is if we plan to make the roster better without losing anyone that has worth. If the plan is to add without losing players. That would be slowly getting better. But, it remains to be seen if we actually plan to do that.

New Ro's Greatest
09-16-2010, 06:37 PM
They better not trade for Hawk. He is getting 10 mill next season. They may just cut the guy in the offseason. GO BILLS:bow:

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Matt Flynn anyone?

better days
09-16-2010, 07:34 PM
There's no way any team in their right mind is gonna give that up for a RB. If McNabb couldn't get a 2nd round pick... you think Lynch is?

Put down the pipe.

If the Bills can't get a 2nd rnd pick for Lynch, they may as well keep him. He may play well this year & if he leaves after that the Bills should get a pretty good comp pick for him.

Extremebillsfan247
09-16-2010, 07:51 PM

Put down the pipe.
McNabb and Lynch are 2 totally different situations. The Bills want to keep Lynch. That's pretty obvious by now. The only way I see Lynch getting traded this year is if the Bills get some ridiculous offer too good to pass up. That's why I doubt very seriously that Lynch will be traded at all this year. I just don't see it happening realistically. JMO

Goobylal
09-16-2010, 10:23 PM
If the Bills can't get a 2nd rnd pick for Lynch, they may as well keep him. He may play well this year & if he leaves after that the Bills should get a pretty good comp pick for him.
Lynch is signed through 2012, although that's a voidable year. So they definitely have him through 2011.

buffalopowereye
09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
yes.

Oaf
09-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Watch our "triple threat" running "attack" avg less than Brandon Jackson and Jon Kuhn on the ground.

Lexwhat
09-16-2010, 10:59 PM

Put down the pipe.

Huh?

McNabb was traded to the Redskins for a high 2nd round pick (37th overall), AND a 4th (conditional 3rd) rounder next year.

Anyways, not saying anything about Lynch. Just stating the facts regarding McNabb.

Mr. Pink
09-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Lynch is a third string RB who requires carries to get going. He serves no purpose on this team right now. He served no purpose back 6 months ago.

If a third was the offer, it should have been taken.

Right now we could be discussing, as an example, our new TE Jimmy Graham...or our new WR Eric Decker.

BertSquirtgum
09-16-2010, 11:13 PM
lynch is not going anywhere. everybody can calm down now. thanks.

Ferrygoat
09-16-2010, 11:22 PM
lynch is not going anywhere. everybody can calm down now. thanks.
Where did you hear this? BB.com? :lol:

airdog32
09-17-2010, 01:01 AM
LOL...:negrep:
I think every packer Fan is a douche they all look the same is imbreeding popular in wisconsin?

TMu11
09-17-2010, 05:09 AM
I think every packer Fan is a douche they all look the same is imbreeding popular in wisconsin?
Nice contribution

YardRat
09-17-2010, 06:13 AM
This one is actually getting some legs.

Beebe's Kid
09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
McNabb and Lynch are 2 totally different situations. The Bills want to keep Lynch. That's pretty obvious by now. The only way I see Lynch getting traded this year is if the Bills get some ridiculous offer too good to pass up. That's why I doubt very seriously that Lynch will be traded at all this year. I just don't see it happening realistically. JMO

There it is. This is why Lynch is "not available." This is good work by Buddy, and it would be awesome if he can work this well enough to plug a hole!

mysticsoto
09-17-2010, 06:56 AM
There it is. This is why Lynch is "not available." This is good work by Buddy, and it would be awesome if he can work this well enough to plug a hole!

It works both ways though too. If it works out, he's going to look great for sticking to his guns. If it doesn't work out he looks like a dumb ass for having 3 starting caliber RBs on our roster and not being able to get anything for one of them...

Buffalo Thriller
09-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Lynch ran for 450 because Fred got 90% of the carries..

BTP
09-17-2010, 07:14 AM
I think every packer Fan is a douche

http://www.steamfriends.com/images/orly.jpg

they all look the same is imbreeding popular in wisconsin?

Did you come up with this all on your own? Wow,talk about sticking your foot in your mouth in one in grammar riddled sentence.

Mad Max
09-17-2010, 08:55 AM
http://www.steamfriends.com/images/orly.jpg

Did you come up with this all on your own? Wow,talk about sticking your foot in your mouth in one in grammar riddled sentence.

LOL. The irony. He probably doesn't recognize the mistake. Kinda like those posts where you see people calling others "idoits".

Beebe's Kid
09-17-2010, 08:58 AM
It works both ways though too. If it works out, he's going to look great for sticking to his guns. If it doesn't work out he looks like a dumb ass for having 3 starting caliber RBs on our roster and not being able to get anything for one of them...

That would be a matter of opinion. I think he would look like a dumbass if he took a 4th for Lynch then Jackson or Spiller were injured.

For some reason, everybody that has an opinion thought we had to deal one of the backs, and Lynch was the odd man out. That doesn't not work out well when you are trying to get value. If everybody thinks you have to make a move, then you aren't going to get their "best" offer out of the chute. If you make no deal, as opposed to a stupid deal, I am fine with that.

I know that would not satisfy many people, it's just my take. Going a step further...do you think it matters what Nix does? He is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. There is a very small population here that would ever be able to see a move/non-move be a positive.

There are 4 threads dedicated to us acquiring Michale Vick, for ****'s sake. A.J. Hawk has fallen out of favor in GB, because he was marginal in the 4-3 and useless in the 3-4, but we'd trade Lynch for him? Desperation doesn't benefit us in this situation. Having 3 running backs doesn't hurt us. We are so used to having no depth, that when we do, it is a travesty.

Mr. Miyagi
09-17-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm not a Packer fan but we don't inbreed in Wisconsin so why don't you go **** ********.

mysticsoto
09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
That would be a matter of opinion. I think he would look like a dumbass if he took a 4th for Lynch then Jackson or Spiller were injured.

For some reason, everybody that has an opinion thought we had to deal one of the backs, and Lynch was the odd man out. That doesn't not work out well when you are trying to get value. If everybody thinks you have to make a move, then you aren't going to get their "best" offer out of the chute. If you make no deal, as opposed to a stupid deal, I am fine with that.

I know that would not satisfy many people, it's just my take. Going a step further...do you think it matters what Nix does? He is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. There is a very small population here that would ever be able to see a move/non-move be a positive.

There are 4 threads dedicated to us acquiring Michale Vick, for ****'s sake. A.J. Hawk has fallen out of favor in GB, because he was marginal in the 4-3 and useless in the 3-4, but we'd trade Lynch for him? Desperation doesn't benefit us in this situation. Having 3 running backs doesn't hurt us. We are so used to having no depth, that when we do, it is a travesty.

I don't think that's most people's thinking at all. I think people are saying, "Hey! We finally have a bargaining chip...let's use it to make our team better - rather than keep 3 starting caliber RBs on our roster and waste an opportunity to better our team in other areas that desperately need it."

better days
09-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't think that's most people's thinking at all. I think people are saying, "Hey! We finally have a bargaining chip...let's use it to make our team better - rather than keep 3 starting caliber RBs on our roster and waste an opportunity to better our team in other areas that desperately need it."

That is exactly why they should not let him go for cheap. If they keep him, he can help the team, even if only as insurance & when he leaves he will bring a comp pick that should be a 3rd rnd pick.

mysticsoto
09-17-2010, 02:39 PM
That is exactly why they should not let him go for cheap. If they keep him, he can help the team, even if only as insurance & when he leaves he will bring a comp pick that should be a 3rd rnd pick.
I've never said he should be let go for cheap, personally. I like a 2nd for him. I think he is a great back and would make another team with a half decent Oline very happy?

It could be that GB and the Bills are going to wait until after Sunday's game to work out a trade. After all, it wouldn't make sense for us to trade him before and have them use him against us...

Michael82
09-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Here's the latest....

mortreport (http://twitter.com/mortreport)

Packers & Bills could revisit on Marshawn Lynch after they play; Bills wants a starter, plus a draft pick. AJ Hawk but covet a starting OL 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/24943217367) via web

Something tells me that the Bills are going to showcase Lynch in the game today and then trade him Tuesday or Wednesday to the Packers. The key is to shut down Brandon Jackson. If he runs all over us, the Packers might change their mind about trading for Lynch.

Michael82
09-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Here's more....

(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
Packers were ready to take Lynch w 16th pick in '07 but Bills took him @ 12. Pack used 2nd rd pick on Brandon Jackson, who starts today. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/24943434882) via web

(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
League football people think Packers GM Ted Thompson will be relucant; Bills won't give away Lynch. Ravens trying to peddle McGahee. half a minute ago (http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/24943527214) via web

X-Era
09-19-2010, 10:40 AM
:clap:

Stick to your guns Bills dont give him away. But dont simply keep him either.

Get McNeil!!!! Give a 2nd or 3rd that we might spend anyway on a LT and give a guy who's a backup at this point to get a proven starting LT.

hydro014
09-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Here is more info from the same guy. I just thought most people would like to read what he has to say.

Beebe's Kid
09-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Here is more info from the same guy. I just thought most people would like to read what he has to say.

Thanks. Good read.

clumping platelets
09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
TJ Lang and a 2nd for Lynch and a 5th

Git'r done

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2010, 10:49 PM
who is tj lang

clumping platelets
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
who is tj lang

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._J._Lang

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2010, 11:22 PM
i really don't want them to trade lynch but i would do that for freddy.

HAMMER
09-28-2010, 11:30 PM
No, No, No, just say no and let the boy roll.

The GM
09-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Packer fan here,

Two pretty stubborn GMs facing off here. Nix wont give him away, and Thompson wouldnt give a draft pick for his own snake bite anidote. Im not so sure Lynch is the answer for us, but we need something back there.

Michael82
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Packer fan here,

Two pretty stubborn GMs facing off here. Nix wont give him away, and Thompson wouldnt give a draft pick for his own snake bite anidote. Im not so sure Lynch is the answer for us, but we need something back there.

I wonder who's going to blink first. Usually it's the Bills...but this time I'm not sure. I don't see Buddy caving.

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I wonder who's going to blink first. Usually it's the Bills...but this time I'm not sure. I don't see Buddy caving.

If this is the case, GB will cave first.

The Bills only benefit from having Lynch on the roster running the way he is.

GB has no running game at all and plans on contending for a Super Bowl. It's a matter of supply and demand.

The GM
09-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Mort just reported the Bills want at 2nd rounder and a starting OL for Lynch.

The Bills will see OJ in their backfield before you see Thompson give up that.

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2010, 12:17 PM

Link?

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 12:21 PM

That's fine, we have no problem playing Lynch.

In the case of GB, good luck trying to win a championship without a running game.

The GM
09-29-2010, 12:31 PM
That's fine, we have no problem playing Lynch.

In the case of GB, good luck trying to win a championship without a running game.

Obviously there is some sort of issue with playing Lynch or he wouldnt be on the trading block.

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Obviously there is some sort of issue with playing Lynch or he wouldnt be on the trading block.

He's on the block because the Bills soured on him in the past + they have Jackson and Spiller.

mysticsoto
09-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Ummm...hello? We have 3 capable starting RBs on our roster. It's only natural to want to get something out of one of them - especially when we have so many holes to fill and the FO is intent on filling them mostly through draft picks each year.

But like it's been said thoughout the thread, it doesn't make sense to trade for anything less than a 2nd since we'll get a 3rd as compensation pick when we lost him...

The GM
09-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Thompson wont blink, he didnt blink on Tony Gonzalez (KC)and he didnt blink with Randy Moss (OAK). If the deal isnt right, he'll walk away and go elsewhere for a RB.

The last buffalo fan
09-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Thompson wont blink, he didnt blink on Tony Gonzalez (KC)and he didnt blink with Randy Moss (OAK). If the deal isnt right, he'll walk away and go elsewhere for a RB.

There is always a first time! :beers:

Ferrygoat
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Another article from the same guy....Looks like the Packers are exploring all options here

The GM
09-29-2010, 01:26 PM
There is always a first time! :beers:

This is true, TLBF, but Thompson is a pretty stingy GM to a fault. At times I think he'd rather pack up for the season then make a bad deal, and Lynch looking at 8 games for his next offense has got to be a major stumbling block for him before even talking about his sacred draft picks with the Bills.

trapezeus
09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
personally i think lynch isn't going to make another mistake. he saw what he gets with it. he's scorned in the town he lives in and he wants out, but he can't get out without performing.

i think he performs well for the rest of his career. maybe not an allstar, but a noteable name. just like everything else buffalo touches, he can't perform here though.

I think the bills have to ask for a 2nd, because Greenbay is going to end up with a pick 25 or higher. A third would effectively be a 4th. that does us less good.

i have no idea who tj lang is.

stuckincincy
09-29-2010, 01:37 PM
I wonder...

If they in fact are using ML to "showcase" him for a trade, I find that to be a kick in the teeth of the loyal paying fans...a contract dump. Like Ralphie said in A Christmas Story - "a crummy commercial." So much for the generally accepted idea...win the game.

They signed FJ to a decent contract, but don't seem to be using him much.

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Good post trapezeus.

I doubt TJ Lang's mother knows who he is either.

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 01:46 PM
I wonder...

If they in fact are using ML to "showcase" him for a trade, I find that to be a kick in the teeth of the loyal paying fans...a contract dump. Like Ralphie said in A Christmas Story - "a crummy commercial." So much for the generally accepted idea...win the game.

They signed FJ to a decent contract, but don't seem to be using him much.

I disagree.

Even if they are playing Lynch to showcase him, he's performing, so why pull him out?

Sorry Fred, you'll get your chance, make sure you're ready when the time comes. Right now Lynch has run too well in the past two games to yank him.

stuckincincy
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
I disagree.

Even if they are playing Lynch to showcase him, he's performing, so why pull him out?

Sorry Fred, you'll get your chance, make sure you're ready when the time comes. Right now Lynch has run too well in the past two games to yank him.

Your point is taken.

Still, they signed Fred, made noises about ML before the season, and now, here he is.

What is one to think? I recall reading both here, and among the national pundits, talk about showcasing him...especially against GB.

:fishy:

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Me thinks that if the cheeseheads lose this weekend , they will make the call.

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Your point is taken.

Still, they signed Fred, made noises about ML before the season, and now, here he is.

What is one to think? I recall reading both here, and among the national pundits, talk about showcasing him...especially against GB.

:fishy:

I think they aimed to showcase him against GB, but when they realized he ran well, they stuck him in against NE. He continued to run well so at this point, it is probably in the Bills best interest to keep running him. The better he does, the better it is for his trade stock and the Bills running game.

2Smooth
09-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Another article from the same guy....Looks like the Packers are exploring all options here

Yeah they need to add somebody. They have absolutely o run game right now

The GM
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Good post trapezeus.

I doubt TJ Lang's mother knows who he is either.

Lang is a backup G/T. He did fine last year as a rookie. I highly doubt he'd be involved in any deal. Our OL has 2 aging tackles who arent week to week but play to play. Our first priority is keeping Rodgers alive. Lang is too valuable to give up at this point. If our tackles werent as fragile as glass Id think they'd include him, but thats not the case.

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Me thinks that if the cheeseheads lose this weekend , they will make the call.
They're playing against the Lions. Without Stafford. In Green Bay. After a humiliating loss to their biggest rival.

I doubt they'll lose this weekend.

better days
09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
They're playing against the Lions. Without Stafford. In Green Bay. After a humiliating loss to their biggest rival.

I doubt they'll lose this weekend.

It would be a CRUSHING defeat if they do lose.

Nighthawk
09-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I think they aimed to showcase him against GB, but when they realized he ran well, they stuck him in against NE. He continued to run well so at this point, it is probably in the Bills best interest to keep running him. The better he does, the better it is for his trade stock and the Bills running game.

Agreed...if somebody does not give the Bills the compensation they want by the trade deadline, then you keep him and run him all year long. Drive up his trade value and get the most for him as possible. This year is lost, but you could gain something by driving up Lynch's value.