PDA

View Full Version : One Fan's View: Week one

northernbillfan
09-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Better late than never.

Here is this week's installment from everyone's favourite writer, Kevin Shenoy.

I feel like Babu Bhatt from Seinfeld. “Quiet!! You shut up! You make me change coaches, but nothing changes! You say, “make Edwards better”, Babu Bhatt have only Trent Edwards in camp. But where is the offense? You see Offense? Show me Offense. There is no offense! You a bad man (wagging finger incredulously). You a very bad man.”

During the Cowher coaching craziness, I thought, “without Cowher, this is a horrible team with no talent and no hope.” Then we signed Gailey, and I thought, “Jauron rhymed with Moron, Gailey rhymes with Fail-y, this can’t be good.”

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/09/16/one_fans_view_15_more_suckiness.php)

OpIv37
09-16-2010, 11:49 AM
My feelings on Whitner are well known, but at the very least could I get ONE concession on the guy: STOP labeling him a big hitter. Yeah, he crushed Ochocinco 3 years ago and he nailed Cooley in the pre-season, but those are the only big hits of his career. He's been crushed himself far more times than that. He flies into every play looking for the big hit, but he's always a day late and a dollar short, so he ends up turning his back and barely bumping the guy to avoid a late hit flag. It's too bad that's so long because otherwise it would be the perfect nickname for him. Donte "Day Late and a Dollar Short" Whitner.

Oh, and Trap- leave the Dropkick Murphys alone. That band and Sam Adams are the only two good things ever to come out of Boston.

madness
09-16-2010, 11:54 AM
My feelings on Whitner are well known, but at the very least could I get ONE concession on the guy: STOP labeling him a big hitter. Yeah, he crushed Ochocinco 3 years ago and he nailed Cooley in the pre-season, but those are the only big hits of his career. He's been crushed himself far more times than that. He flies into every play looking for the big hit, but he's always a day late and a dollar short, so he ends up turning his back and barely bumping the guy to avoid a late hit flag. It's too bad that's so long because otherwise it would be the perfect nickname for him. Donte "Day Late and a Dollar Short" Whitner.

Oh, and Trap- leave the Dropkick Murphys alone. That band and Sam Adams are the only two good things ever to come out of Boston.

You probably should be glad you didn't catch NFL yearbook. NFL Films labeled him a big hitter and had a handful of hits showing why.

Mad Max
09-16-2010, 12:00 PM
You probably should be glad you didn't catch NFL yearbook. NFL Films labeled him a big hitter and had a handful of hits showing why.

Lies, damn lies, and then you have the national media

OpIv37
09-16-2010, 12:01 PM

:puke:

Where did they get the footage? Ohio State?

madness
09-16-2010, 12:29 PM
:puke:

Where did they get the footage? Ohio State?

From last season...but like I said there wasn't an overwhelming amount of footage. I have it on my DVR, I'll try to remember to record it on my iPhone and post it.

trapezeus
09-16-2010, 01:15 PM
i stand by my distaste for the dropkick murphy's being the pump up song. It's done nothing but create bad vibes for me. let's get our own song than talk about boston during the bills game.

northernbillfan
09-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I liked the part where you compared a trip to the dentist to watching a Bills game. :rofl: @ The dentist being the more comfortable option.

OpIv37
09-16-2010, 02:48 PM
i stand by my distaste for the dropkick murphy's being the pump up song. It's done nothing but create bad vibes for me. let's get our own song than talk about boston during the bills game.

I'm down as soon as a band as cool as Dropkick Murphys writes a cool song about Buffalo. If one exists, I haven't heard it.

RockStar36
09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Every Time I Die is from Buffalo. Just use one of their songs.

Pinkerton Security
09-16-2010, 03:12 PM

I personally love this song bc I liked Dropkick Murphys but I also felt it was a bit out of place at a Bills game..this song shouldnt be played in ANY stadium outside of Boston...why would you want to play a song with Boston in the title in it anyways when you're in Buffalo?

trapezeus
09-16-2010, 04:00 PM
exactly. it's a great song. i love it in Departed. but i want it out of Buffalo sports. Not that havign a goo goo dolls song is any better, but give us something else.

northernbillfan
09-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Cannibal Corpse perhaps:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5Hv0tsvpyU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5Hv0tsvpyU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>