PDA

View Full Version : Interest QB takes from Pete Prisco

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13958050/passing-interest-qbs-field-questions-throw-back-answers

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Hmmmm

Edwards would rather have the gaudy numbers, yet he doesn't throw it long.

Edwards likes possesion receivers more than speed. So, he doesn't like Lee.

Thinks rating is better, go figure. Sacks and yards per attempt should be added to that rating somehow.

madness
09-16-2010, 11:59 AM
If only he wasn't so damn gun shy.

Mahdi
09-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Hmmmm

Edwards would rather have the gaudy numbers, yet he doesn't throw it long.

Edwards likes possesion receivers more than speed. So, he doesn't like Lee.

Thinks rating is better, go figure. Sacks and yards per attempt should be added to that rating somehow.
is yards per attempt not a factor in passer rating already?

OpIv37
09-16-2010, 12:04 PM
aaaarrrgggh.

Anyone else notice that two of the guys who were mentioned as the toughest DC's were Dick LeBeau and Gregg Williams? Two people we had in Buffalo at one point (at the same time no less...).

better days
09-16-2010, 12:05 PM
is yards per attempt not a factor in passer rating already?

One thing it does not take into consideration is yards needed to make a 1st down. What good is a 5 yd completion when 12 yds are needed for a 1st down?

Philagape
09-16-2010, 12:05 PM

So should unnecessary checkdowns, failures to read defenses, dropped passes (by receivers and defenders), inaccurate passes that were still caught, etc etc etc

Mahdi
09-16-2010, 12:10 PM
aaaarrrgggh.

Anyone else notice that two of the guys who were mentioned as the toughest DC's were Dick LeBeau and Gregg Williams? Two people we had in Buffalo at one point (at the same time no less...).
We were never the same after losing LeBeau. What a fun defense that was to watch on Sundays.

Gregg Williams was a victim of the "no QB" club.

better days
09-16-2010, 12:14 PM
So should unnecessary checkdowns, failures to read defenses, dropped passes (by receivers and defenders), inaccurate passes that were still caught, etc etc etc

Did you read this? "I don't mind having the plays called and having a check system involved"-Trent Edwards. Yeah Trent we all know, you LOVE the check system.

Albany,n.y.
09-16-2010, 12:31 PM
The real Edwards' answers:
Who's the toughest defensive back you've faced?

Edwards: "Adrian Wilson. The guy scrambled my brain like an egg in a frying pan."

Who's the toughest defensive coordinator you face?

Edwards: "Bill Belichick. He's not the defensive coordinator, but it's his defense. Every year he makes our coaches look like fools. I swear, one time he came over to our side and pantsed Dick Jauron."

Third and long: Would you rather face a blitz or coverage?

Edwards: "Coverage. I can get seriously injured on a blitz. Plus with deep coverage, I get a chance to check down and make them pay for covering too deep."

Call your own plays?

Edwards: "It's tough enough trying to get a play off in 45 seconds or less. We did a little bit of it last year, but it's not really my style. I don't mind having the plays called and having a check down system involved. My philosophy is the coordinator's job is to prepare for it and have his idea of what plays to call, so he gets the blame if things go badly, not me."

Passer rating or yards per attempt: Which is more important?

Edwards: "It's passer rating. It doesn't tell the whole story, so my check downs look a lot better on paper in a passer rating than yards per attempt."

Throw 33 touchdown passes and 15 interceptions or 15 and 5?

Edwards: "Are you kidding me? Have you seen my stats. Those numbers cannot be attained. Why don't you just ask me to walk on the Niagara River? I'll take 13 and 15at this point."

Receiver with speed or one with reliable hands?

Edwards: "I'm going with the reliable guy. Look, I don't like to throw the ball very far, so why would I want a speed receiver."

Biggest change for quarterbacks going forward?

Edwards: "I'd like to be in a plastic bubble, make that a hard plastic bubble. I haven't made it through a season yet, and that would help me start all 16 games, as long as Coach Gailey doesn't bench me first"

My analysis: Trent Edwards sucks.

TheBrownBear
09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
That's classic stuff there, Albany...lol. :)

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2010, 01:20 PM
If only he wasn't so damn gun shy.

I heard Merril Hodge analyzing Sanchez today which I think applies to Edwards so well.

To start off, Merril broke down the film of the Monday night game (Jets/Ravens) and stated that Sanchez had a number of opportunities the 2nd half where deep routes were there and he had time yet Sanchez took a peek and check down to the flat to Tomlinson. Everyone on that show pretty much come to a conclusion that it was coaching and confidence.

On coaching - everyone know Sanchez is pretty much told to "Not to Lose" from last year and this year - even Ryan admitted telling him not to screw up. Sounds familiar? I'm 100% sure that's what Dick Jauron have been preaching to Edwards all those 3 and half years - taking the safest throw just make positive plays, minimize mistakes instead of really attacking defenses.

On confidence - The Ravens surprised a lot of people with excellent DB plays in the first half without Ed Reed. Sanchez seemed to take that cue and not quite sure of making the big plays (remember those peeks). I'll tell you what? So far the biggest difference between Edwards this year vs past is his demeanor seems not that much down on himself. Maybe Owens is right when he said Edwards looked more confident in the pre-season games. But I think he'll need some success soon because if the offense keeps getting 160 yards a game with him at the helm, that little bit of confidence built thru the pre-season is going to go out pretty quick.

Mad Max
09-16-2010, 01:36 PM
We were never the same after losing LeBeau. What a fun defense that was to watch on Sundays.

Gregg Williams was a victim of the "no QB" club.

He also drank way too much of his own kool-aid. He's the poster child of "great Coordinator, horrible Head Coach.

Mad Max
09-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Edwards: "I think a blitz would be nice to face because you hit the big play. You hit a guy, he breaks a tackle, and he can go to the house."

When has heever beaten a blitz? All I can think of are the many blitzes that have beaten him. He must be having delusions of High School.