PDA

View Full Version : One thing that blows me away

airdog32
09-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Why this FO will not a sign a vet with some starts under his belt as a back up , every year the likes of brunell, or other aging QB's who can still play never seem to intrest the bills I think young Qb's like Edwards, Brohm could benefit from a guy who's been there! JMO!

Billz_fan
09-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Yeah, They won't sign anyone but low price guys. I like building through the draft as much as anyone but it's going to take 3x as long with the holes this team has. They need to sign some good vet's to take on leadership roles on both sides of the ball. It doesn't seem to be anything the FO is interested in though.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-17-2010, 05:53 AM
leadership schmedership. we need talent and guys who can knock someone on their ass. leadership is a luxury for teams with talent and needing the final piece to the puzzel. leadership will come, but we need some freakin blockers and someone who will actually THROW THE DAMN BALL.

Thief
09-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Is Fitz not a vet backup with starts under his belt?

airdog32
09-18-2010, 01:03 AM
no!

TacklingDummy
09-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Why this FO will not a sign a vet with some starts under his belt as a back up , every year the likes of brunell, or other aging QB's who can still play never seem to intrest the bills I think young Qb's like Edwards, Brohm could benefit from a guy who's been there! JMO!
Who should they sign?

YardRat
09-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Who should they sign?

Joe Montana. I understand he's contemplating a comeback.

airdog32
09-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Joe Montana. I understand he's contemplating a comeback.
this past off season Brunell or Bulger for ie.. when I say starts I mean a couple seasons of being a #1 not a fill for an injury, these type of vets would not be deemed the starter but more as a mentor or if we have the problems that we are currently having than they can step in and at least make us respectable. Pocket prescense is under valued!

Dujek
09-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Who should they sign?

They should have tried for Delhomme, I mean he's had such a great start in Cleveland...

Signing a has-been doesn't work.

Nighthawk
09-18-2010, 07:41 AM

Umm, he has starts, but he isn't good...I'm thinking he meant somebody who could actually come in and lift this team up if needed and win on a regular basis. Fitz is garbage...just like Edwards.

unpaid_bills
09-18-2010, 07:47 AM

Fitz (or any QB on our roster) would struggle to be a #3 on most other teams with the expception of a few. QB play as a whole is not as good as its was in the 80-90's. There seem to be 5 or so really good Qbs then some up and comers, the rest lets just say are not looking so good

Thief
09-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Umm, he has starts, but he isn't good...I'm thinking he meant somebody who could actually come in and lift this team up if needed and win on a regular basis. Fitz is garbage...just like Edwards.Is/was one of those guys available? And if he were, wouldn't he be our starter?

Fitz (or any QB on our roster) would struggle to be a #3 on most other teams with the expception of a few. QB play as a whole is not as good as its was in the 80-90's. There seem to be 5 or so really good Qbs then some up and comers, the rest lets just say are not looking so goodSome retired guy would be a better option? I don't believe anyone was calling Fitz good.

X-Era
09-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I think they are smart enough to realize a band aid QB doesn't develop their franchise guy and if it isn't Trent, they will be drafting a guy high.

It wasn't me who sabotaged the season at QB, but with what we have, we might as well play Trent or even Brohm and if (when) neither develops into the guy, get that future franchise QB first and foremost.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-19-2010, 07:39 AM
1. As Thief said, Fitz fits the bill. I do believe he started some games for Kansas City. Which probably explains why he's still here and Levi Brown isn't.
2. Mark Brunell hasn't been able to play since leaving the Jaguars. Everywhere else he's gone, he's been a bum and a scrub. There's a reason former starters are available cheap on the free agent market: their time has come and gone.

YardRat
09-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Jason Campbell had a rough start with Oakland.

airdog32
09-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Bottom line is we are not stocking the future in these backups it just gives an option and some exp which is valuable bum or not Brunell or Bulger is better than any of our current Qb's! Worst case trent or brohm can learn to be as big of or bigger bum!

X-Era
09-19-2010, 10:47 AM
I actually agree with it. A backup like Brunell, Fitz, or Holcomb will not take this team to the playoffs, will waste on field development time for guys were working with, and will hurt our ability to go after a franchise QB high in the draft.

If you know you need a franchise QB and cant/wont trade for one, you then have to turn to the draft. You better have a high pick or fire power to get one in the draft; they go fast.

I like the approach, they arent willing to hold the team back for future years to win a few more games in a non-playoff season. They are sticking to "rebuilding" mode even if it means a long season.

unpaid_bills
09-25-2010, 12:43 AM
JP Losman was our last "franchise" QB taken in the Draft, we moved up in the Draft gave up a #1 for him. They still need to adress the OL

Fitzpatrick is going to strugle just like Trent