X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Insight of Bills Front Office Structure

Former GM Tom Donahoe was the man pulling the names off the draft board from 2001 through 2005, ... After that, Modrak pulled the names off the board, but he wasn't as much of a "definitive voice," if you will, that Donahoe was and Nix is. Former coach Dick Jauron, for instance, was the deciding voice on the Aaron Maybin pick.

Since Nix is the guy pulling names off the board 2010, this draft is on him. So far, it does not look too good. Spiiler cannot run. Troupe and Carrington are backups. 4th 5th 6th rounders are hurt (IR), 7th rounders cut. Only Moats left from the backend of the draft.

I do have a question on Marv Levy. He succeeded Donahoe. Yet from this article, it looks like he did not have the final say in draft. So what was he doing as a GM? Looks like his only contribution as a GM was getting us Dick Jauron and giving Jauron the deciding voice on draft picks.
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 09-17-2010, 08:15 AM.
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Insight of Bills Front Office Structure

Spiller is the real deal.
    Troup could of been had in the 3rd rd., nothing much so far.
    Carrington will need time.
    Easely, who knows.
    Wang, I liked in college, hurt like the rest.
    Moats, sorry but I don't see much more than a special teamer.
    Batten, who knows, he has met Mr. Injury like most of the others.

Too many small school players who are making a big jump and some even have to change positions.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

I can forgive the Tom Donohoe nightmare but the Marv Levy as GM thing. What a joke.

Jauron is a dead man walking coach and you let him take Maybin! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        I can forgive the Tom Donohoe nightmare but the Marv Levy as GM thing. What a joke.

Jauron is a dead man walking coach and you let him take Maybin! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
        Jauron had just gotten an extension...he was dead to us, but apparently not the people that wrote his check.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Based on the title of this thread, I was going to do a photoshop of what the Bills FO structure would look like.

But I couldn't decide between doing a bunch of clowns in bumper cars, or doing Ralph as a puppet master controlling everyone else.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
            http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article192753.ece

Former GM Tom Donahoe was the man pulling the names off the draft board from 2001 through 2005, ... After that, Modrak pulled the names off the board, but he wasn't as much of a "definitive voice," if you will, that Donahoe was and Nix is. Former coach Dick Jauron, for instance, was the deciding voice on the Aaron Maybin pick.

Since Nix is the guy pulling names off the board 2010, this draft is on him. So far, it does not look too good. Spiiler cannot run. Troupe and Carrington are backups. 4th 5th 6th rounders are hurt (IR), 7th rounders cut. Only Moats left from the backend of the draft.

I do have a question on Marv Levy. He succeeded Donahoe. Yet from this article, it looks like he did not have the final say in draft. So what was he doing as a GM? Looks like his only contribution as a GM was getting us Dick Jauron and giving Jauron the deciding voice on draft picks.
            I thought it had been kind of clear that Marv was a figure head only...despite the blame many posters have to place on him... I thought we knew that then.

Spiller can't run? Wow. You must be right, that would be why the Dolphins clearly had a gameplan designed to stop Spiller and make Edwards beat them.

To say Spiller can't run after one game is classic message board alarmist.

Carrington and Troup are backups...I'll give you that, but I would preface that with "They are rookies, so while they learn..."

Wang is not on the IR.

Easley and Batten...unfortunately the FO didn't have the gift of hindsight that you are blessed with to scrutinize their decisions. I am sure they would have loved to. Easley, from what I had read, seemed to look really good, and would have been great to have right now.

It may just be a little early to pile on Nix for the draft, but what the hell? We have to pile on the good players that we do have.

I constantly read what players do wrong, and how they are all no good. It gets very specific..."he missed coverage on this play" "This guy took a bad angle on that 6yd run," "He missed a block with 3:30 left in the 2nd Qtr."

EVERY PLAYER in the league has bad plays, even the best of the best. I know we've been bad, but for ****'s sake, the constant piling on is just a drain...

Maybe we should be grateful that we have a team to watch, or that you woke up on the right side of the dirt, and are upright and seeking nutrition... I thought there was something said, somewhere along the line, about a "rebuild." I want to win yesterday, just like all of you. It's kind of funny, because I get disappointed in how much I can let a game bring me down...apparently I should be thankful that isn't as bad as many here.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

We're one game into the season and this draft is already graded out bad. Spiller " cannot run ".

A new level of ******ia.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

Well we do not really have a team to watch. It is near unbearable to actually watch ... it becomes more and. More a "tune in to see how much further they can sink" rather then tuning in to watch a game and cheer for your team
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Commissioner
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                  Easely, who knows.

Too many small school players who are making a big jump and some even have to change positions.
                  No team in the league drafted all starters. You have to give some guys time to develop.
                  Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Commissioner
                    No team in the league drafted all starters. You have to give some guys time to develop.
                    well most teams in the league don't depend on rookies from the draft to be starters like we do.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                      We're one game into the season and this draft is already graded out bad.
                      Some teams are already are showing fruit from the draft, though. Did you watch Kansas City/San Diego last week? KC had big contributions for their rookie class: Berry, Arenas, McCluster, Moeaki. They helped their team.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                        4th 5th 6th rounders are hurt (IR)
                        You are right. We have a terrible GM who should have had the foresight to think some people would get hurt and not draft them.

What a moronic post.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• streetkings01
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by NE39
                          Some teams are already are showing fruit from the draft, though. Did you watch Kansas City/San Diego last week? KC had big contributions for their rookie class: Berry, Arenas, McCluster, Moeaki. They helped their team.
                          One game isn't exactly showing fruit from the draft. Hell back in 2006 our draft class looked great after a few weeks with Whitner, Simpson, Williams and Ellison all contributing and playing well. Fast forward 4 years later and besides Williams they all suck balls!
                          Last edited by streetkings01; 09-17-2010, 09:56 AM.
                          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                            Easely, who knows.

I'd be really curious if anyone can do a comparison of the other 31 drafts and show me what teams drafted all pro bowlers and cut no one?

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Commissioner
                              I don't believe I said anything to disagree with you.

Granted they need time. Troup, Carrington, Wang.
                              Injuries with Easly and Batten ????
                              moats imo is a career special teamer.
                              Spiller is real deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X