The worst part about this decade of suckiness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The worst part about this decade of suckiness...

Is the way it takes all the excitement out of the game.

When our opponent has 3rd and 1 at midfield, I don't even think about getting a stop- I think "maybe we can hold them on the next set of downs and keep them out of FG range." They WILL convert the 3rd and 1 every time. It's been that way since 2005.

If we get pinned inside our own 5, I don't think about a scoring drive or even a first down. I just hope they can move the ball out 6 or 7 yards for the proper punting distance.

If it's 3rd and 4 from the opponent's 25, I don't think about a touchdown or even a 1st down. I just pray we don't get sacked so the FG attempt is easier.

The best possible outcome for us is the anti-climactic second-best result for other teams.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: The worst part about this decade of suckiness...

Remember when we used to block field goals and return the blocks for points the other way?

I guy can dream, can't he?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

When our opponent has 3rd and 1 at midfield, I don't even think about getting a stop- I think "maybe we can hold them on the next set of downs and keep them out of FG range." They WILL convert the 3rd and 1 every time. It's been that way since 2005.

If we get pinned inside our own 5, I don't think about a scoring drive or even a first down. I just hope they can move the ball out 6 or 7 yards for the proper punting distance.

If it's 3rd and 4 from the opponent's 25, I don't think about a touchdown or even a 1st down. I just pray we don't get sacked so the FG attempt is easier.

The best possible outcome for us is the anti-climactic second-best result for other teams.
      I don't ever again want to hear you claiming to be a "realist". Your post exemplifies a pessimist in every possible way.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Op is right. I don't even look forward to Bills games the same way I used to. I'm usually more excited for fantasy football.

It took one half last week to make me already start scouting QBs in college. It's awful.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          I don't ever again want to hear you claiming to be a "realist". Your post exemplifies a pessimist in every possible way.
          hahahahahahahaha really?

Look at our opponents' 3rd and short conversion rate over the last 5 years. Look at our offensive production and our redzone percentage. Statistically, failure is by far the most likely outcome.
          Last edited by OpIv37; 09-17-2010, 11:34 AM.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• more cowbell
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37

even if we ever stop them, they will go for it on 4th down. seen it happen before on the goal-line
            Last edited by more cowbell; 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM.
            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

RockStar is right though. I'm usually a lot more excited about fantasy football now.

But see the difference between me (a normal Bills fan) and Op (a pessimist) is that I don't automatically assume the worst outcome. I root for them to succeed and and hope for the best, whereas Op doesn't hope for thebest outcome, he "just hope(s) they can move the ball out 6 or 7 yards for the proper punting distance."

Can you argue with your own words?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

RockStar is right though. I'm usually a lot more excited about fantasy football now.

But see the difference between me (a normal Bills fan) and Op (a pessimist) is that I don't automatically assume the worst outcome. I root for them to succeed and and hope for the best, whereas Op doesn't hope for thebest outcome, he "just hope(s) they can move the ball out 6 or 7 yards for the proper punting distance."

Can you argue with your own words?
                I can hope to win the lottery too-statistically it's got about the same chances as the Bills engineering a 95 yard drive for a touchdown. I automatically assume the most likely outcome- it's not my fault that it also happens to be the worst possible outcome.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• malo
                  • Sep 2009

For me the worst part is that there is no end in sight.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The point is, when you stop hoping for the best outcome for your team, you're a pessimist at best and not a fan at all at worst.

Which one?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

The point is, when you stop hoping for the best outcome for your team, you're a pessimist at best and not a fan at all at worst.

Which one?
                      whatever- I don't see any point in blind hope. If you want to continue to hope for impossible outcomes, go right ahead. It isn't going to bring you anything but disappointment. An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

The Bills are so bad that when they went for it on 4th down against Miami, I was *****ing because I thought they should've taken the FG to go down 13-6 and then hope for a miracle touchdown. There wasn't an ounce of me that thought they would convert a long 4th down, let alone score a TD on the play.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm not disagreeing that the Bills suck. I'm not saying that I'm terribly surprised when we play badly, nor that I'm totally shocked that we lose.

But being a fan is to want them to do well, hope for them to do well, and yes that means we're always allowing ourselves to be vulnerable to be disappointed. But being a fan means we get up, dust ourselves off, and do it again to go on rooting and hoping for the best. On every play, in every game.

Perhaps you were once a true fan, and like many of us you have become super jaded through the years of sucking. I don't blame you. But when you find yourself not hoping for us to win and make a play anymore, you cease being a fan. And it's not your fault. It happens to a lot of people. Just don't go on and tell me that you're a Bills fan anymore when you have lost all hope.

Comment

• malo
                            • Sep 2009

The pessimists used to bother me. this team was much more competitive under donahoe/williams/mularkey. the last 2 years the front office just laid down. Besides TO (which was a last ditch kind of thing), they've shied away from quality FAs. The result is evident on the field. Even if they weren't too good, I used to like to watch the younger players develop while they were "rebuilding." No I see the younger players and kind of feel bad for them because the front office is not doing anything at all to make this team competitive. I kind of lost enthusiasm for watching too. I don't consider myself less of a fan. It's kind of like accusing a battered housewife of not being a loyal spouse when she's had enough.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

arrgh. You win. I'm not a fan. I have better things to do then argue about this.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X