PDA

View Full Version : There's nothing the Bills can do...

The King
09-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I keep seeing all this trade talk... but realistically there is nothing the Bills can do to turn this team around in the 10-11 season. We need far too much. OT's, LB's and obiviously a QB.

We just need to ride out the season and try to build a little more next season. Moving players and shuffling things around will just bring the same questions in the offseason. Not too mention no one on this roster has any value to bring us anything significant anyway.

We just need to let this season play out and let some of our younger guys get experience... the good news is it finally looks like we're going to be seperate from the rest of the pack in terms of a draft pick. There's now way we finish better than the bottom three this season.

ddaryl
09-17-2010, 02:41 PM
I'd rather stock pile picks then trade for a player.. keep building the core via draft.

I'm all for getting guys experience and hoping we start to show some continuity as the year grinds on... this includes giving up on Edwards if he has another turd game and letting Brohm just to see if he can improve with play time as the years continues ot grind on.

FlyingDutchman
09-17-2010, 02:43 PM
yeah ive basically come to the same realization...sucks but its the truth...i just hope to see flashes from our young players. i kinda hope we tank it so we can get a top pick since we have no shot of competing this year

The King
09-17-2010, 02:47 PM
yeah ive basically come to the same realization...sucks but its the truth...i just hope to see flashes from our young players. i kinda hope we tank it so we can get a top pick since we have no shot of competing this year

I dont think we need to tank it to get there.

hydro
09-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I have been contemplating making this same exact thread.

:bf1: Couldn't have said it better myself. It is all wasted energy talking about trades and getting this team winning this season.

Billz_fan
09-17-2010, 02:58 PM
King:

I don't mind going the draft route. However, with the holes on this team your post is applicable next season also if we only obtain players via draft. They need some quality vet FA's on this team as it grows. But they won't do that.

Also building through the draft is fine if you make good draft selections.

Thats the big part here because the Bills have drafted like crap for 10 years. So unless they magically start get good at drafting your post will be applicable for many years to come.

The King
09-17-2010, 03:12 PM
King:

I don't mind going the draft route. However, with the holes on this team your post is applicable next season also if we only obtain players via draft. They need some quality vet FA's on this team as it grows. But they won't do that.

Also building through the draft is fine if you make good draft selections.

Thats the big part here because the Bills have drafted like crap for 10 years. So unless they magically start get good at drafting your post will be applicable for many years to come.

My point was its not worth trading for them. There's certainly a balance to FA acquisition and drafting.

YardRat
09-17-2010, 07:14 PM
If you have the opportunity to make your team better for the future, you try to take advantage of it, regardless of the time of the year or season. Anybody acquired at this point most certainly won't pay immediate dividends and be the final piece of the puzzle, but they become part of the bigger picture in future seasons. Player acquisitions don't begin after the Super Bowl, and end with the first regular season game.

I can understand some not being on board with (for example) a Lynch-for-Hawk deal, because it's a marginal upgrade overall (if any, actually) but if this front office isn't scanning for talent or being proactive in trying to acquire better players (read: McNeil) every day up until, and even through, the trade deadline then they are not doing their job.

If Polian and Levy had the mindset to 'ride out the season' and wait until 'next year', then we never would've gotten our hands on players such as James Lofton, Steve Tasker, Biscuit, etc, and we probably would've never made it to one SB let alone four.