PDA

View Full Version : Who would Nix pick?

BillsWin
09-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Out of the top tier quarterbacks coming out, say we have a top five pick and our choice of the prospects.

Based this quote by Nix:

Nix calls Rivers, the Chargers' star quarterback, the most surefire draft pick he ever was involved in taking.

"Absolutely," he said. "I don't think there was any question that he was the guy. Nobody [with the Chargers] had any doubts about him. He had 50 starts and he played in a bowl game every year and he was the Most Valuable Player in every bowl game he ever played in."

And this criteria:

50 starts
Bowl games
Wins in bowl games

Which QB meets those standards?

Locker has a losing record if I'm mistaken.
Mallet in bowl games? How has he fared?

Who is our Philip Rivers?

Joe Fo Sho
09-18-2010, 03:24 PM
He drafted Eli Manning...

X-Era
09-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Out of the top tier quarterbacks coming out, say we have a top five pick and our choice of the prospects.

Based this quote by Nix:

And this criteria:

50 starts
Bowl games
Wins in bowl games

Off the top of my head, no one.

I think he should be looking for the player who can make all the throws, wind or not, who can lead an offense with solid decision making, and who has good character. Several guys may fit. And if all else is equal, he should go with the guy who has the intangibles.

Mad Max
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM

Based this quote by Nix:

And this criteria:

50 starts
Bowl games
Wins in bowl games

TBD

wmoz11
09-18-2010, 03:36 PM
I'll tell you after the season. Hopefully Luck will come out and make it easy on him ;)

BillsWin
09-18-2010, 03:40 PM
He drafted Eli Manning...

Just posting a quote from buffalonews.com. Take your corrections to them.

X-Era
09-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I'll tell you after the season. Hopefully Luck will come out and make it easy on him ;)

Luck is still my favorite but he needs to show he doesn't lose his poise and decision making against good teams. If he can show he can lead his team and move the chains against quality teams, I think he may lock up the #1 QB rank... if he comes out.

dannyek71
09-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Who is the best RB in this years draft?

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Who is the best RB in this years draft?

Mark Ingram and then Ryan Williams (if he declares)