X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Andrew Luck

This guy is without a doubt the most "NFL Ready" QB I have seen in recent memory.

He has a tremendous feel for the game, anticipates all of his throws extremely well, and best of all can scan the entire field better than any QB in the country with quick, decisive, accurate throws. He knows where he's going with the ball, and if it's not there he doesn't panic and will hit his second option or checkdown in stride.

Oh yeah, and playing in a pro stlye offense, being coached by a 15 year NFL QB cant be a bad thing either...

It's too bad he already came out and said wants to get a college degree and the NFL is the last thing on his mind. He sounds like a real smart, decisive kid. We'll see though. Figures it would be our luck to just miss out on him.

The announcers are comparing him to Peyton Manning, I don't know about that considering Peyton is in his own class, but one thing is for sure He is MILES ahead of Jake Locker...I don't care what any of the "experts" say
    Last edited by more cowbell; 09-19-2010, 12:01 AM.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Andrew Luck

I agree with you. I have always thought Locker was overrated though.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
      I agree with you. I have always thought Locker was overrated though.
      I personally think people are so high on Locker because he's "Tim Tebow...plus he can throw" - I've heard that comparison many times when it comes to him, although im not sure it's justified. I'm not against Locker...I just think in terms of an NFL prospect, Luck wins that battle.
      The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• gonzo1105
        • Jul 2002

I dont care what year Andrew Luck comes out you have to get him. You take Carimi next year if Luck isn't there and then next year Luck is your guy. You dont just force a pick because you have a need.

Comment

• Akhippo
          • Nov 2002

This lockout may work for the Bills of all teams. From what i gather the draft stays the same during the lockout year. We get the first pick this year (unfortunately), and if he doesnt come out we pick BPA and wait till the following draft.

Watching this kid he is head and shoulders better than any QB ive seen this year. Ive watched all his games this year and THAT is what i want our QB to look and act like. Trent looks like the Stanford QB and Luck the NFLer.
          Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

He is ready:

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

Sorry, but this kid has to be in the discussion:

Comment

• BillyT92679
                • Jul 2002

I think Mallett is every bit as good, if not a bit better than Luck.
                Tremendous arm, great release, superb pre-snap reads.
                Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

Andrew Luck is a star! I must admit, going into this college football season, I was pro Jake Locker, but after seeing this kid play so solidly for the past 3 weeks, I'm sold on this guy. He's smart, good pocket awareness, plus the ability to improvise w/ his feet on broken plays, extremely accurate, strong arm, and he's a cerebral passer. He would look great in a Bills unie.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Buckets
                    • Jun 2003

I don't want another QB from Stanford...just saying

Comment

• IAG
                      • Jan 2005

Luck is the man.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I love how he archs the the deep ball high, allowing the WR to run under it and defeat tight coverage. So many "name" QB's cannot do that. Also seems to read the middle of the field well and doesn't stare down his primary targets. Gets rid of the ball quickly.

At this point, the board will wave the broad brush and rip a Stanford/California area QB.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Buckets
                          I don't want another QB from Stanford...just saying
                          Elway & Plunkett went to Stanford and both won 2 SB's...just saying.

Think beyond the end of your drool bucket.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Akhippo
                            This lockout may work for the Bills of all teams. From what i gather the draft stays the same during the lockout year. We get the first pick this year (unfortunately), and if he doesnt come out we pick BPA and wait till the following draft.

Watching this kid he is head and shoulders better than any QB ive seen this year. Ive watched all his games this year and THAT is what i want our QB to look and act like. Trent looks like the Stanford QB and Luck the NFLer.
                            There is going to be a football season in 2011. Stop with the lockout ending the season nonsense! Too many Bills fans are hockey fans and think the situation may mirror the NHL. There's no way the NFL situation is comparable to the NHL which was losing money & could throw away a season.
                            Plus-The NFL players are already voting to decertify the union so that a lockout would be illegal. So forget about no 2011 season because there will be one.
                            If we really want Luck, we'll have to suck until he gets his degree.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
                              There is going to be a football season in 2011. Stop with the lockout ending the season nonsense! Too many Bills fans are hockey fans and think the situation may mirror the NHL. There's no way the NFL situation is comparable to the NHL which was losing money & could throw away a season.
                              Plus-The NFL players are already voting to decertify the union so that a lockout would be illegal. So forget about no 2011 season because there will be one.
                              If we really want Luck, we'll have to suck until he gets his degree.
                              He may be finishing early and could easily declare this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X