• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Just for the record

Smart teams take what the draft brings them. They shouldn't reach. We know we need a franchise QB. But, if for example, we arent drafting #1 and Luck goes #1 and Mallett isn't worth the pick when were up, we shouldn't reach. Take a great player at another position. The same goes for any other need position.

It could easily work out for us and we get to draft a guy with franchise potential. But it may not. There's tons left to see still. We cant accurately predict who will be drafted where yet. We dont even know who will declare.

Some hate the Spiller pick, but I dont at all. Great value at where we took him IMO.

All I'm saying is be smart, not desperate. We all know we want that franchise guy, but dont reach.
    Last edited by X-Era; 09-19-2010, 03:03 PM.

• RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: Just for the record

Week 2 and we're talking about the draft. *Sigh* Life's tough as a Bills fan.
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
      Smart teams take what the draft brings them. They shouldn't reach. We know we need a franchise QB. But, if for example, we arent drafting #1 and Luck goes #1 and Mallett isn't worth the pick when were up, we shouldn't reach. Take a great player at another position. The same goes for any other need position.

It could easily work out for us and we get to draft a guy with franchise potential. But it may not. There's tons left to see still. We cant accurately predict who will be drafted where yet. We dont even know who will declare.

Some hate the Spiller pick, but I dont at all. Great value at where we took him IMO.

All I'm saying is be smart, not desperate. We all know we want that franchise guy, but dont reach.
      If the Bills think they need to go to the 1st pick to get a QB, they need to do whatever it takes to get there, even if it means giving up the entire draft ala Ditka to get there.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
        Week 2 and we're talking about the draft. *Sigh* Life's tough as a Bills fan.
        It's all we ever get to look forward to.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era

What value does Spiller bring to this team exactly?

By the time this team gets all the pieces it needs around him, his rookie contract will be done and he'll be on the first plane out of town to join a real team that can win.

We have holes all over the place, so instead of taking a player that fills a hole and need who is value where we picked...even Dez Bryant would have provided better value over Spiller based on need...we decide to take a guy who can provide what Reggie Bush does.

Especially when we already had two proven NFL capable RBs already on the roster.

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

Patriots next week in NE What have we dropped ? 13 in a row in Foxboro ?
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slim
              It's all we ever get to look forward to.
              I look forward to every Sunday afternoon, my friend.
              Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                What value does Spiller bring to this team exactly?

By the time this team gets all the pieces it needs around him, his rookie contract will be done and he'll be on the first plane out of town to join a real team that can win.

We have holes all over the place, so instead of taking a player that fills a hole and need who is value where we picked...even Dez Bryant would have provided better value over Spiller based on need...we decide to take a guy who can provide what Reggie Bush does.

Especially when we already had two proven NFL capable RBs already on the roster.

Thank you !

He will be either gone or dead by the time this team gets the rest of it's holes filled and might actually contend. Especially when you throw in the fact that the Bills refuse to sign free agent talent.
                Last edited by Billz_fan; 09-19-2010, 03:13 PM.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Slim
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                  I look forward to every Sunday afternoon, my friend.
                  Excuse me, it's the only time we look forward to having hope.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                    Thank you !

He will be either gone or dead by the time this team gets the rest of it's holes filled and might actually contend. Especially when you throw in the fact that the Bills refuse to sign free agent talent.
                    Maybe that is the reason Chan is playing him very little......to save him for when it matters.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Ohh, draft a guy #1 and save him. Yeah I can believe we might just do that
                      The Polian Curse

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

wait... so we wasted a 1st rounder on a guy who touches the ball 3 or 4 times a week?

didn't we mock out the fins for drafting Ginn... the punt catcher? Because right now Spiller has about as much relevance as Ginn did that year.
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                          wait... so we wasted a 1st rounder on a guy who touches the ball 3 or 4 times a week?

didn't we mock out the fins for drafting Ginn... the punt catcher? Because right now Spiller has about as much relevance as Ginn did that year.

I was overly optimistic on him 12 touches a week.

This is so sad.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33

Yes we did make fun of Miami for that. 100% correct. Im waiting for the customary presser remarks now.
                            The Polian Curse

Comment

• cpearl
                              • Mar 2005

What makes you think we won't draft #1?

Comment

Working...
                              X