PDA

View Full Version : I'm a fan of Gailey....

Stewie
09-19-2010, 03:11 PM
...but he needs to make some critically important decisions, and fast.

I'm reading that Jeff Fisher benched Vince Young for a poor performance today. Vince Young, who, despite his flaws, has been much more successful and has a bigger upside than Trent Edwards. Now, maybe Fisher has a better backup QB option, maybe not. But how poorly does your QB need to play before you try something else?

If Brohm or Fitz arent immediately leading the ones Tuesday morning, I will lose a lot of hope ine Gailey.... and probably won't bother to watch next weeks game. This is the earliest in the season I have felt like reclaiming my sunday afternoons since... forever.

Ingtar33
09-19-2010, 03:22 PM
...but he needs to make some critically important decisions, and fast.

I'm reading that Jeff Fisher benched Vince Young for a poor performance today. Vince Young, who, despite his flaws, has been much more successful and has a bigger upside than Trent Edwards. Now, maybe Fisher has a better backup QB option, maybe not. But how poorly does your QB need to play before you try something else?

If Brohm or Fitz arent immediately leading the ones Tuesday morning, I will lose a lot of hope ine Gailey.... and probably won't bother to watch next weeks game. This is the earliest in the season I have felt like reclaiming my sunday afternoons since... forever.

yep. last year it was around week 4 or 5 when i declared i wouldn't watch another Bills game as long as DJ was around.

I'm not watching another Bills game this year as long as TE is Quarterback.

and I'm not a fan of Gailey.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
You're a fan of watching an NFL team trying to run a college based offense?

Bring back Kay Stephenson.

Crisis
09-19-2010, 03:26 PM
we should just give the team to LA

they can suffer through USC"s probation AND having a semi-professional football team

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:27 PM
or Hank Bullough

better days
yep. last year it was around week 4 or 5 when i declared i wouldn't watch another Bills game as long as DJ was around.

I'm not watching another Bills game this year as long as TE is Quarterback.

I said before the season started that I would not watch the Bills until 4pm if Trent was the starter, yet after two games I will watch them at 1pm again next week.

There are some good things on the horizon, they just need to dump Trent.

Nighthawk
This team is not watchable with Trent as the QB...there is no hiding that fact.

Billz_fan
09-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Not a Gailey fan. I groaned just as loud when he got hired as I did when we hired Jauron, and Mularkey, and Williams and..............................fill in the rest of the goofs.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Bring back Mularkey.

bluerosekiller
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Right on.

Trent has GOT to sit.
For good.
He's been given every imaginable chance & failed.
This is professional football for crying out loud & Edwards isn't even capable of making successful passes SIDEWAYS (!), much less down the field.
He's seriously got to consider finding another line of work. ASAP.

topher180
09-19-2010, 04:43 PM
You are a fan of his, but when the Bills are still terrible 2 years from now you and countless others will call for his head.

Losing breeds more losing. We are losers.

Historian
09-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Not a Gailey fan. I groaned just as loud when he got hired as I did when we hired Jauron, and Mularkey, and Williams and..............................fill in the rest of the goofs.

:roflmao:

Gailey was busy today....he was hunting wabbits!

Historian
09-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Oh and the Redskins were up 20-7 at the half.

Nah....we don't need Shanahan!

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Bring back Mularkey.

Damn straight. He went 9-7, had a nasty D, and we still ran him out of town.

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2010, 04:57 PM

easy to build when players want to play for you and your owner pays players money

Historian
09-19-2010, 05:01 PM
easy to build when players want to play for you and your owner pays players money

So what does that tell you?

billsfanryan
09-19-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't like trents play either but even the announcers got it right. His receivers were blanketed and his o-line was AWFUL.

Haven't read anything about how bad wood has been this season. He was getting abused today. I think bell has been holding up very well but every time to put merideth in there is a sack...

Akhippo
09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Not every receiver on every pass play is covered. I will say they are not Trent open. But there is probably a window that Trent refuses to throw into.

Philagape
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM

And they lost.

kingJofNYC
09-19-2010, 07:35 PM
You can put Tom Brady behind center and it's going to be the same ****, maybe a bit better. Not an Edwards fan at the least, but our OL is the worst in the league and by a pretty large margin. Just awful.

Beebe's Kid
09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
I have been an outspoken advocate of Gailey. He has to show that he is, indeed, in possession of a pair of testicles, and bench Trent. Whey does every ****ing coach stick with this ****ing guy.

Cornell Green should probably be cut tomorrow.

I didn't notice the Wood abuse...IF he was abused, I will cut him a little slack considering he shattered his leg and all.

Owen DeBoard
09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Damn straight. He went 9-7, had a nasty D, and we still ran him out of town.
How about Wade he was the last coach to take us to the playoffs? Bring him back.

BILLSROCK1212
09-19-2010, 07:38 PM
actually....playing one of the worst secondaries/defenses in the nfl next week...i believe we should allow trent to have his final opportunity against the team he's failed to beat throughout his career....then you come back home against the Jets, give this team some hope w/ Fitz (assuming Trent fails) and show the Jets who is boss yet again

Beebe's Kid
09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
You can put Tom Brady behind center and it's going to be the same ****, maybe a bit better. Not an Edwards fan at the least, but our OL is the worst in the league and by a pretty large margin. Just awful.

False.

Brady can get rid of the ball in an instant. Trent, if he does make reads, is clearly dyslexic. His timing...well, he has no timing...either way early or way late.

He hasn't thrown past the first down YET on a third down.

It is the same **** we saw last year, then Fitzy came in, and we won more than we lost, which I am a fan of doing.

There is ALWAYS a million excuses for Trent... WHY, seriously? Why, and how can you ****ing say that it is the line, it's the receivers, it's the play calling.

I feel bad for the rest of the guys on this team. I wouldn't even want to show up this week. Maybe they should tell Gailey they won't if we are going to give this ANOTHER try, next week.

Trent does not possess he brain to play NFL QB. He's smart, sure, but he doesn't think quickly.

I have never said I was going to be done. I was close last year, and we benched ****-face, and fired dickhead...which led to us being competitive in a few games.

I am done with Trent. ****ing done. I am more than a little pissed off as a fan, and season ticket holder. It almost feels like this is a joke.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm a fan of Gailey for having the balls to make a statement like this:

"We can be a good football team, but were not, and we gotta get there".

No song and dance, flat out admittance of what we all see.

Akhippo
09-19-2010, 09:43 PM

A team does not need a brick wall for the QB to get wins. Good QBs have won and won big with poor to decent O lines. Our O line is bad, but our QB and Oline are more accomplices then reasons for.

Our Oline emphasizes our bad QB play and vice versa.

A good QB behind our Oline would get battered, but would also give us a chance. right now we are hopelessly adrift.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2010, 09:44 PM
To be fair to Gailey, not even Bill Walsh could turn this cast of clowns into a winner.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 09:46 PM
To be fair to Gailey, not even Bill Walsh could turn this cast of clowns into a winner.

If Belichick was the hire at any point, he'd be fired already and after 2 deemed "poor" NFL stops, would probably be the DC in Miami right now.

Crisis
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
the curse of the polian!

Billz_fan
09-19-2010, 09:54 PM

It was Walsh who called Marv and put in a good word for Trent. :laughter:

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 02:00 AM
"I don't know that I have the answers right now," Gailey said. "It's probably taking longer than I hoped that it would. But we're going to find the answers and make whatever adjustments need to be made. That's my job -- to get it fixed."

I have the answer you dumba$$ , BENCH TRENT EDWARDS!!!

Historian
09-20-2010, 04:49 AM

I disagree.

When Marv came in here right after Bullough, there was an immediate change of culture. I feel the reverse has happened here. This guy came in, took a below average football team, and turned it into a laughingstock.

We could probably get Dick back, so he could finish out the 12 or 13 years he had left on his contract.

:D

ChristopherWalken
09-20-2010, 07:28 AM

I don't buy it. QBs like Brady and Manning (The Peyton kind) will light a fire under the ass of any lineman caught sleeping on the job. And these types of QBs know how to beat the blitz and keep opposing defenses honest. Their accuracy, timing and defense reading abilities are weapons that inevitably help the OLine out, which in turn increases the running game.

Getting back to the thread topic, I like Gailey. I think he leads a very innovative offense but he needs a damn good headstrong QB to run it.

mysticsoto
09-20-2010, 07:33 AM
I have been an outspoken advocate of Gailey. He has to show that he is, indeed, in possession of a pair of testicles, and bench Trent. Whey does every ****ing coach stick with this ****ing guy.

Cornell Green should probably be cut tomorrow.

I didn't notice the Wood abuse...IF he was abused, I will cut him a little slack considering he shattered his leg and all.

What's funny is, people complained about Walker who I kept saying was decent. Look at the crap we have now!!!