PDA

View Full Version : 97 Rock...

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow...the Bills definitely have this station in their back pocket. The host is actually stating that this game is not Trent's fault and he shouldn't get the blame. Really? When is it OK to blame Trent? What a joke...

The host is one of the most clueless hosts I've ever heard on the radio!

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Wow...the Bills definitely have this station in their back pocket. The host is actually stating that this game is not Trent's fault and he shouldn't get the blame. Really? When is it OK to blame Trent? What a joke...

The host is one of the most clueless host I've ever heard on the radio!

I'm not listening to it are they putting part of the blame on him or none?

I would agree that he's not fully to blame but yeah he's a definite problem this team has, among many.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm not listening to it are they putting part of the blame on him or none?

I would agree that he's not fully to blame but yeah he's a definite problem this team has, among many.

None...

mrbojanglezs
cornell green is awful and trent is even more awful. d bell doesn't look too bad

clumping platelets
Cannot blame this all on Trent

better days
09-19-2010, 03:30 PM

????????????????????????Really? Why not?

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:30 PM

No, but in a way it all comes back to the QB's play. The GB defense is able to do more things because they know that Trent will not take a shot over the top or make them pay. It goes much deeper then just watching him play and saying he didn't get time here or didn't have time there. That is why I get so aggravated...offensively, everything is dictated by the QB's play or ability. Trent sucks and it makes everybody else look worse.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
None...
I heard it for about ten minutes and that is not what I heard from them at all.

Their point was that there was bigger problems this game (like the O-Line).

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
I heard it for about ten minutes and that is not what I heard from them at all.

Their point was that there was bigger problems this game (like the O-Line).

Of course you did...why am I not surprised that you would chime in.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:32 PM
No, but in a way it all comes back to the QB's play. The GB defense is able to do more things because they know that Trent will not take a shot over the top or make them pay. It goes much deeper then just watching him play and saying he didn't get time here or didn't have time there. That is why I get so aggravated...offensively, everything is dictated by the QB's play or ability. Trent sucks and it makes everybody else look worse.

But that cannot possibly go both ways?

That everyone else makes him look worse?

Everything about this offense, outside of the running backs, is just outright crap.

Edwards, Evans, Stupar, Wood, Johnson, Meredith, Green, pick a name outside of Lynch and Jackson.

UltimateBillsFan
09-19-2010, 03:33 PM
100% of the blame goes to Trent? That's unfair. Six sacks and a pass through Steve Johnson's hands can't be blamed on Trent. Come on.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:35 PM
But that cannot possibly go both ways?

That everyone else makes him look worse?

Everything about this offense, outside of the running backs, is just outright crap.

Edwards, Evans, Stupar, Wood, Johnson, Meredith, Green, pick a name outside of Lynch and Jackson.

I absolutely think Fitz is garbage, but he was able to make plays down the field with the same crappy OL. Why is that? Go back to the Flutie/Johnson crap...Flutie could make plays and make the OL look better, but Johnson looked lost. It comes down to the player at the QB position being able to make plays and Trent can't...never has been able to. He wasn't even that good in college....I don't understand why this organization is so enamored with him. I don't have to "watch film" to know that this guy blows.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:36 PM
100% of the blame goes to Trent? That's unfair. Six sacks and a pass through Steve Johnson's hands can't be blamed on Trent. Come on.

The pass to Johnson wasn't even a good pass...can we stop with that one...please!

G Wolly
09-19-2010, 03:38 PM
????????????????????????Really? Why not?

It's a team effort, and today that team put its efforts towards losing.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Of course you did...why am I not surprised that you would chime in.

We have a difference of opinion - I heard the show too.

Trent was bad.

So was the Oline.

Do you disagree with that?

Sorry to comment on a public message board.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:40 PM
It's a team effort, and today that team put its efforts towards losing.

Explain to me how the TE's or WR's are supposed to make plays when Trent doesn't get them the ball? They can't throw the ball to themselves, you know!

Dr. Lecter
The pass to Johnson wasn't even a good pass...can we stop with that one...please!
No it was not. He led him too much, but it still went through his hands. Gotta catch it.

G Wolly
Explain to me how the TE's or WR's are supposed to make plays when Trent doesn't get them the ball? They can't throw the ball to themselves, you know!

I didn't say anything about just the offense.

The defense did give up 34 points.

UltimateBillsFan
09-19-2010, 03:41 PM
It hit him in both of his hands? And the only reason it was in front of him like that is because he slowed down as he saw Matthews over the middle.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:41 PM

Trent was bad.

So was the Oline.

No, I'm kinda of tired of your crap on all my posts...that's all.

I heard it and that is not what I took from it...he stated that it was OK for people to call about Trent, but they can't call and try to say that he was the reason for the loss. That is directly what he said. We know the OL is not the best, but it comes down to the QB making plays...period. He never makes plays.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:42 PM
It hit him in both of his hands? And the only reason it was in front of him like that is because he slowed down as he saw Matthews over the middle.

No, it hit his finger tips...BIG difference.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:42 PM
No, it hit his finger tips...BIG difference.

It hit his fingertips because he got alligator-arms.

better days
09-19-2010, 03:43 PM
No it was not. He led him too much, but it still went through his hands. Gotta catch it.

He hardly got his fingers on it, NO receiver makes that catch, & Trent should have had 3 ints against Miami as well. Two for pick six's.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM
I didn't say anything about just the offense.

The defense did give up 34 points.

Because Trent set them up beautifully in the 2nd half...I'm sorry, there is one huge problem with this team and it plays the QB position.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM
It hit his fingertips because he got alligator-arms.

Maybe, but it was far from a perfect throw.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
No, I'm kinda of tired of your crap on all my posts...that's all.

I heard it and that is not what I took from it...he stated that it was OK for people to call about Trent, but they can't call and try to say that he was the reason for the loss. That is directly what he said. We know the OL is not the best, but it comes down to the QB making plays...period. He never makes plays.

Jesus dude - much of a persecution complex? I just got home and have not read much. You probably have 50 some posts today. Get over yourself. Hell I have barely posted today. I happened to open this thread.

And he was not the reason for the loss. Certainly he was part of it. He was bad. And no he does not make plays. Which is compounded by the blocking.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Maybe, but it was far from a perfect throw.

As a receiver you still have to extend your arms and make the play regardless of the fact that you're likely gonna get hit right after.

better days
09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Jesus dude - much of a persecution complex? I just got home and have not read much. You probably have 50 some posts today. Get over yourself. Hell I have barely posted today. I happened to open this thread.

And he was not the reason for the loss. Certainly he was part of it. He was bad. And no he does not make plays. Which is compounded by the blocking.

Like Rob Johnson, Trent makes the O-Line look far worse than they are.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:48 PM

Of course that can't be it...

Commissioner
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
The entire offense stinks.... why blame 1 guy?

Commissioner
09-19-2010, 03:58 PM

Jamon Meredith and Cornell Green are really freaking bad man....

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Jamon Meredith and Cornell Green are really freaking bad man....

Can't argue there, but I don't believe this line is as bas as everybody makes it out to be. RT is killing us and that needs to be shored up badly. I thought Bell played fairly decent today.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Can't argue there, but I don't believe this line is as bas as everybody makes it out to be. RT is killing us and that needs to be shored up badly. I thought Bell played fairly decent today.
I agree. Bell was solid.

Green was better than last week too.

Meredith was terrible and so was Wood. I wonder if he is OK or still hurting?

G Wolly
09-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Because Trent set them up beautifully in the 2nd half...I'm sorry, there is one huge problem with this team and it plays the QB position.

I'm not denying that, but there's plenty of other problems that need to be addressed as well, obviously.

Philagape
09-19-2010, 04:08 PM
The pass to Johnson was very catchable.
But considering his dropped pick-6s last week, it evens out for Trent

bflojohn
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Stat of the day, at one point in the third quarter, Trent was averaging 2 yards a completion! Anyone here knows that a RB who is averaging less than 4 yards per carry is having a bad time of it.... In my eyes, Trent is never going to be a playoff calibre QB, so cutting ties with him is NOT a problem IMO!!!

better days
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
As a receiver you still have to extend your arms and make the play regardless of the fact that you're likely gonna get hit right after.

Watch the play again, his arms could not extend any further.

better days
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
The pass to Johnson was very catchable.
But considering his dropped pick-6s last week, it evens out for Trent

Watch a replay, I disagree that ball was not catchable.

Philagape
09-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I just did.
The problem wasn't his arms, it was that he stutter stepped. He feared the hit.
He stays in stride, easy catch.
And it was still catchable.

better days
09-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I just did.
The problem wasn't his arms, it was that he stutter stepped. He feared the hit.
He stays in stride, easy catch.
And it was still catchable.

He did not know where the ball would be at that time. That was a poor throw by Trent IMO.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 04:23 PM

Trent was bad.

So was the Oline.

Im fine with criticizing the line. Its the next jump that I'm not fine with. That we need to spend our 1st rounder on a LT. Bell had about zero to do with today's troubles and played quite well, yet we should spend our high 1st on an LT?

IMO, there isn't a OT in the nation that looks worthy of a high 1st right now, certainly not a G, nor a C. So if we all agree they shouldn't be drafted with our high 1st, I'm fine.

Personally Id draft a RT anywhere from round 2 on. Maybe a C... maybe not.

Philagape
09-19-2010, 04:25 PM
He did not know where the ball would be at that time. That was a poor throw by Trent IMO.

If Johnson didn't know, how is it not his fault? If he does what he's supposed to do, the pass is perfectly on target.

I know your biases, and they're skewing your view of this play. Trent has plenty to be blamed for, that doesn't need making additional stuff up.

Novacane
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Last week the arguement could be made that we could have won the game with our backup. I'd of agreed with that. This week? No way. Trent was his usual awful self but we were losing that game no matter who was at QB. Green Bay is just a way better team than the Bills.

As to the geek on 97 rock. He is such a huge Trentard I can't even listen to the show.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Last week the arguement could be made that we could have won the game with our backup. I'd of agreed with that. This week? No way. Trent was his usual awful self but we were losing that game no matter who was at QB. Green Bay is just a way better team than the Bills.

As to the geek on 97 rock. He is such a huge Trentard I can't even listen to the show.

Agreed...he seriously is a moron and sounds like a fool.

Thief
09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Cannot blame this all on TrentI don't think anyone is saying it is "all on Trent", but how are people saying "not at all on Trent"?

mysticsoto
09-19-2010, 05:24 PM
The argument here is stupid. It's not Trent, it's the Oline...It's not Oline, it's Trent. It's both!!! They both sucked big time!!!

Yeah. Steve Johnson missed that pass that he should have had. He had a nice catch later though. But what's the excuse for throwing only 1 pass to our best WR? 6 Sacks! Yeah, most of the time, it was the Oline's fault. And yet, how many of those were b'cse Trent held on too long? Or b'cse he can't feel when to atleast throw it away just out of a WR range ?

I disagree with Sal. They ran Lynch showcasing him and I expect a trade of him in the next few weeks - maybe even to GB. They may have had their way with us, but they could probably use a stud RB to complete their high potent offense. Lynch fell forward and got yards almost every time.

I no longer have the patience I used to have with this team. I will watch them on TV, but I will not go to another game or buy merchandise until they improve the product on the field. I don't want to hear bullcrap about if we don't support them, they will leave Buffalo. I am NOT supporting this crap I'm seeing on the field...period!

better days
09-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Im fine with criticizing the line. Its the next jump that I'm not fine with. That we need to spend our 1st rounder on a LT. Bell had about zero to do with today's troubles and played quite well, yet we should spend our high 1st on an LT?

IMO, there isn't a OT in the nation that looks worthy of a high 1st right now, certainly not a G, nor a C. So if we all agree they shouldn't be drafted with our high 1st, I'm fine.

Personally Id draft a RT anywhere from round 2 on. Maybe a C... maybe not.

We already have the Center.............Wood.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 05:36 PM
The argument here is stupid. It's not Trent, it's the Oline...It's not Oline, it's Trent. It's both!!! They both sucked big time!!!

Yeah. Steve Johnson missed that pass that he should have had. He had a nice catch later though. But what's the excuse for throwing only 1 pass to our best WR? 6 Sacks! Yeah, most of the time, it was the Oline's fault. And yet, how many of those were b'cse Trent held on too long? Or b'cse he can't feel when to atleast throw it away just out of a WR range ?

I disagree with Sal. They ran Lynch showcasing him and I expect a trade of him in the next few weeks - maybe even to GB. They may have had their way with us, but they could probably use a stud RB to complete their high potent offense. Lynch fell forward and got yards almost every time.

I no longer have the patience I used to have with this team. I will watch them on TV, but I will not go to another game or buy merchandise until they improve the product on the field. I don't want to hear bullcrap about if we don't support them, they will leave Buffalo. I am NOT supporting this crap I'm seeing on the field...period!

Im a bit different. I will go again when I feel they have added a franchise QB. I will always watch.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
We already have the Center.............Wood.

Id be fine with Wood at C. Our top OL need is a RT, IMO. I like guys like Reynolds, Zeimba, Id love Carimi in round 2 but he may not drop that far. I like Serrod as well but I think he can play the left side. Chris Hairston is another guy I want to watch some more.

mysticsoto
09-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Im a bit different. I will go again when I feel they have added a franchise QB. I will always watch.

How is that so different? I said I will not go to another game until they improve the product (most notably the QB position is the absolute worst). And I said I will watch them, but that's it...

TedMock
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
He hardly got his fingers on it, NO receiver makes that catch, & Trent should have had 3 ints against Miami as well. Two for pick six's.

C'mon! This is insanity. Trent sucks, but you're as bad as his apologists with this type of crap. The ball hit BOTH hands AFTER he alligator-armed it. Johnson pooped the bed on that. There is no other way around it. He *****ed out and he knew he did. You could see the self-disgust on his face when he went an sat by himself on the bench. Again, Trent sucks, but don't let hate blind reality. It goes for those saying he's not a major part of the problem too. On that side he's being given too many free passes. Truth is, he cannot bring himself to pull the trigger. HUGE problem. "Panics" is not a good trait for an NFL QB. Johnson and Parrish's errors were theirs though. Not Trents, not the lines, just their own slippery fingers. Even the beloved Fred Jackson alligator-armed a catchable ball yesterday. The problems are deep. We need a real QB - maybe even more than any other position, but we also need a lot of other things on and off the field.

better days
09-20-2010, 12:14 PM
C'mon! This is insanity. Trent sucks, but you're as bad as his apologists with this type of crap. The ball hit BOTH hands AFTER he alligator-armed it. Johnson pooped the bed on that. There is no other way around it. He *****ed out and he knew he did. You could see the self-disgust on his face when he went an sat by himself on the bench. Again, Trent sucks, but don't let hate blind reality. It goes for those saying he's not a major part of the problem too. On that side he's being given too many free passes. Truth is, he cannot bring himself to pull the trigger. HUGE problem. "Panics" is not a good trait for an NFL QB. Johnson and Parrish's errors were theirs though. Not Trents, not the lines, just their own slippery fingers. Even the beloved Fred Jackson alligator-armed a catchable ball yesterday. The problems are deep. We need a real QB - maybe even more than any other position, but we also need a lot of other things on and off the field.

I am just saying what I saw. Both his arms were outstreached as far as they could be. Yes the ball hit him in both hands, but not in the palms of his hands.