PDA

View Full Version : CJ Spiller, yeah baby!!

HHURRICANE
09-19-2010, 03:40 PM
And the hits keep on coming. Another bust pick on our hands?

I know it's early but really? This is it?

Cleve
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM
The thing I find dumb about the Spiller pick... the Bills already had a decent ground game... it was the PASSING game and offensive line that was, and remains, deplorable.

BILLSROCK1212
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Great in return game and few opportunities provided by coaching staff in rushing game. The preseason was no fluke. He's a rich man's Reggie Bush and I think many analysts would agree. Much better than Darren McFadden and depending on his progression better than Reggie Bush is at this point (which in my opinion is very good) and probably never matching Chris Johnson...he wont be a huge bust

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Unfortunately for Spiller he was not drafted by a team that could utilize his talents.

Classic Bills organization "we know better than everyone else in the NFL" draft pick that's been going on since Donahoe arrived.

Ingtar33
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Great in return game and few opportunities provided by coaching staff in rushing game. The preseason was no fluke. He's a rich man's Reggie Bush and I think many analysts would agree. Much better than Darren McFadden and depending on his progression better than Reggie Bush is at this point (which in my opinion is very good) and probably never matching Chris Johnson...he wont be a huge bust

That's why he touched the ball 3 or 4 times (not counting kick returns) today?

If he was as good as Reggie Bush (who is a glorified 3rd down back) he'd touch the ball far more then 3 or 4 times a game.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Unfortunately for Spiller he was not drafted by a team that could utilize his talents.

Classic Bills organization "we know better than everyone else in the NFL" draft pick that's been going on since Donahoe arrived.

This statement is soooo true...it drive me nuts!

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Good player, bad pick. I said it at the time and will stay with it...the Bills had 10 other needs...RB was not an option with that pick.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Too early to call him a bust, but it was a luxury pick no doubt. One we could not afford to make, considering the state of our tackles and QB.

Ingtar33
09-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Donahoe, as much **** as he gets (and deserves) was at least able to build a boarder line playoff caliber roster; and the best players on our team the last decade were all drafted by him as well.

Nix in 1 off-season was able to make this team worse then last year (which was pretty ****** awful)

better days
09-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice! Way to deflect attention away from YET ANOTHER POOR GAME by Trent.

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2010, 03:50 PM
is it just me or does he not look nearly as fast as he did in college? On kick returns he doesn't seem to have that much burst as he was touted to have

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Too early to call him a bust, but it was a luxury pick no doubt. One we could not afford to make, considering the state of our tackles and QB.

True...but what tackle has shown so far this season that he was worthy of the pick? It is a fair question because everybody is judging Spiller on the first two games.

FlyingDutchman
09-19-2010, 03:53 PM
this is a joke right?

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:54 PM
True...but what tackle has shown so far this season that he was worthy of the pick? It is a fair question because everybody is judging Spiller on the first two games.

Even if you wanted to take a playmaker because we can all agree this team severely lacks those...draft Dez Bryant.

Bryant is a guy who can and likely will become a bonafide number 1 WR in this league.

Sure, this year, maybe you waste his talents a little bit but eventually you get a QB that can consistently get him the ball.

And say next year or the year after that happens, Dez provides much more value to your team than Spiller ever will.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I think this pick was a sign by Nix, that we're starting from scratch. Take BPA and start from the ground up.

As much as disrespect I have for this organization, I'm cool with the Spiller pick. He will NOT bust. He will become a stud.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Even if you wanted to take a playmaker because we can all agree this team severely lacks those...draft Dez Bryant.

Bryant is a guy who can and likely will become a bonafide number 1 WR in this league.

Sure, this year, maybe you waste his talents a little bit but eventually you get a QB that can consistently get him the ball.

And say next year or the year after that happens, Dez provides much more value to your team than Spiller ever will.

See, now this would've made no sense because of the fact that we have nobody to get him the ball. Spiller at least made sense from the point of view that they intended to run the ball a ton because our QB sucks so bad. Either way, it always comes back to needing a good QB.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:00 PM

Yeah man. McCluster and Bryant both have return TDs. The best thing CJ's done was get to the 50 once on a KR. If we're not gonna use him on offense to his fullest, then put him back there to return punts as well. I think Roscoe's lost a step, that and he's fed up with this team.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:00 PM
See, now this would've made no sense because of the fact that we have nobody to get him the ball. Spiller at least made sense from the point of view that they intended to run the ball a ton because our QB sucks so bad. Either way, it always comes back to needing a good QB.

Like I said, maybe this year he does nothing to help you, but down the road he's a guy who can help you much more than Spiller ever will.

And I'm basing taking playmaker over need if you view that the "need picks" weren't worth going for that high in the draft.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Like I said, maybe this year he does nothing to help you, but down the road he's a guy who can help you much more than Spiller ever will.

And I'm basing taking playmaker over need if you view that the "need picks" weren't worth going for that high in the draft.

I'd argue that Spiller is as much of a playmaker as Bryant is. I like both players, but it really doesn't matter because the QB play is so bad that it makes everybody else look like chumps.

bflojohn
09-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Historically, O.J. was pretty bad, early on, and John Rauch wanted to turn him into a WR, at one point! The parallels are quite similar because the Bills in '69 really sucked and the 2010 version is equal in MANY WAYS! Be patient, he is a talent, and will provide excitement very soon. Rebuilding absolutely stinks, but the Bills are invested in it, good or bad!!

better days
09-19-2010, 04:04 PM

Time will tell. Maybe Chan is saving CJ for when it matters.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Historically, O.J. was pretty bad, early on, and John Rauch wanted to turn him into a WR, at one point! The parallels are quite similar because the Bills in '69 really sucked and the 2010 version is equal in MANY WAYS! Be patient, he is a talent, and will provide excitement very soon. Rebuilding absolutely stinks, but the Bills are invested in it, good or bad!!
In 1969 a team basically owned a player for life. You can't wait four years to utilize a player in 2010...but I agree with the rest of what you said.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:05 PM
I'd argue that Spiller is as much of a playmaker as Bryant is. I like both players, but it really doesn't matter because the QB play is so bad that it makes everybody else look like chumps.
I'd argue that WRs can play until 35 and still be effective wheras RBs burn out by 30. Especially speed burners like Spiller. I think in 10 years Bryant could still be a productive receiver whereas unfortunately Spiller may be done.

Not gonna say we should have taken Bryant, but the Spiller pick wasn't for the longterm. It was for "excitement' and attendance this year. Swing and a miss.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM

What's a bigger need, playmaker wise...

RB or WR?

We already have/had two capable NFL RBs, neither are elite, but both can get the job done.

We have one WR who apparently can't ever get open because he's doubled and no one else can draw coverage off of him. You add a guy like Dez, and teams have to respect you have two guys that can make plays with the ball in their hands downfield.

Hell, Spiller right now would provide more value if they split him out at wide out.

lightningbolt444
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
How can you judge a guy on two games this post is stupid revisit it at the end of the year.......

better days
09-19-2010, 04:10 PM
What's a bigger need, playmaker wise...

RB or WR?

We already have/had two capable NFL RBs, neither are elite, but both can get the job done.

We have one WR who apparently can't ever get open because he's doubled and no one else can draw coverage off of him. You add a guy like Dez, and teams have to respect you have two guys that can make plays with the ball in their hands downfield.

Hell, Spiller right now would provide more value if they split him out at wide out.

Would not matter if the Bills had 4 receivers that could get open, Trent refuses to throw the ball further than 5 yards 90% of the time.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:10 PM
How can you judge a guy on two games this post is stupid revisit it at the end of the year.......

Easy.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Would not matter if the Bills had 4 receivers that could get open, Trent refuses to throw the ball further than 5 yards 90% of the time.

Again, the draft is building you also for the future.

lightningbolt444
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Easy.

Whats easy just randomly saying things Spiller "could" be a game changer while I wasnt the biggest fan of the pick he has the potential to be on of the most dangerous players in the league. Ill take that at any spot on the field..... But we will see Ill give him a season to call him a bust...

BILLSROCK1212
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
That's why he touched the ball 3 or 4 times (not counting kick returns) today?

If he was as good as Reggie Bush (who is a glorified 3rd down back) he'd touch the ball far more then 3 or 4 times a game.
naaazz that's the coaching staff being manhandled by the opponent

YardRat
09-19-2010, 04:15 PM
is it just me or does he not look nearly as fast as he did in college? On kick returns he doesn't seem to have that much burst as he was touted to have

This is the NFL...he's not playing against real estate agents and insurance salesmen anymore.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Whats easy just randomly saying things Spiller "could" be a game changer while I wasnt the biggest fan of the pick he has the potential to be on of the most dangerous players in the league. Ill take that at any spot on the field..... But we will see Ill give him a season to call him a bust...

I'm not saying he's a bust...what I am saying is...

His talents will never be fully utilized here.

He was a completely unnecessary pick by a team that already had 2 capable RBs.

His play on the field thus far has been nothing short of terrible, which to be fair to Spiller, we have a HC who couldn't come up with a winning gameplan if we were playing UB.

lightningbolt444
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM

His play on the field thus far has been nothing short of terrible, which to be fair to Spiller, we have a HC who couldn't come up with a winning gameplan if we were playing UB.

Ok I will give you that. However the pick would look a lot better to me if we could somehow land mcneil or vjax with lynch or jackson or at least get a decent pick for them

better days
09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Again, the draft is building you also for the future.

Agreed, so lets wait to judge CJ in the future.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Agreed, so lets wait to judge CJ in the future.

Alright so let's judge the front office to make a completely unnecessary pick because Spiller will never turn into an every down NFL RB and we already had two completely capable NFL RBs on the roster.

Is that better?

lightningbolt444
09-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Ok I will give you that. However the pick would look a lot better to me if we could somehow land mcneil or vjax with lynch or jackson or at least get a decent pick for them

Which btw it appears Ryan matthews is hurt pretty bad..... at least a bad sprain

better days
09-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Alright so let's judge the front office to make a completely unnecessary pick because Spiller will never turn into an every down NFL RB and we already had two completely capable NFL RBs on the roster.

Is that better?

Can you sell me your crystal ball.............cheap?

NOT THE DUDE...
09-19-2010, 04:25 PM
i wanted brandon graham....

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM
i wanted brandon graham....

Well he's certainly a better pass rusher than anything we got.

we are
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM

how?

today he did a decent job on kr....didnt get any carries....and the only catches he got were on screens on 3rd and long.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Can you sell me your crystal ball.............cheap?

Wow.

He wasn't even an every down back in college.

Last year he averaged 15 carries per game.

Prior to last year? about 10 carries a game.

So, it takes a crystal ball to predict a guy who wasn't an every down RB in college is suddenly going to become one in the NFL? The NFL where everyone is bigger, everyone is faster, the hits are harder, etc.

Or does it take a crystal ball to predict that we had 2 NFL capable RBs already on the roster?

EDS
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM

The way the Bills are playing so far it does not seem like there will be many meaningful games left this season.

Stewie
09-19-2010, 04:39 PM
this thread has got to be kidding me?

In 2 weeks he went from a surefire hall of famer, touchdown every game back to a bust?

If he doesn't have a great NFL career, it will be solely the fault of the Buffalo Bills organization, case closed. The kid can flat out play.

acehole
09-19-2010, 05:30 PM
jajaja cj a bust after 2 games and trent just needs more time...

hahahah

Novacane
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
jajaja cj a bust after 2 games and trent just needs more time...

hahahah

Post of the thread! Nice how HH posts this ******ed thread then disapears so he won't have to discusss his boy Trent. :lol:

wozrob11
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
its been 2 dam games the whole team sucks balls offence ,defence everything and its not just spiller relax he'll do just fine its called rebuilding get used to it its gonna be a long couple of years

Cleve
09-19-2010, 06:58 PM
its called rebuilding get used to it its gonna be a long couple of years

Haven't the Bills been 'rebuilding' for the last decade or so?

Demon
09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Hows that chant idea working....???

HHURRICANE
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Trent sucked and I not defending his play. I was just hoping that our running game was going to be better and so far the whole offense is boring.

The o-line sucked today as well.

I'm trying to figure out why we need 3 RBs. Weren't two of them supposed to be on the field etc.?

kingJofNYC
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Well he's certainly a better pass rusher than anything we got.

Yeah, that's who I wanted, especially with Schobel not committing to playing another year.

That said, who isn't a ****ing bust.

Levitre/Wood/Maybin/McKelvin/Whitner/Lynch/Levitre/McCargo/keep going down the ****ing list, they're all playing like a bunch of ****ing busts right now.

Absolutely terrible two weeks in a row, we can't block anyone up front, and our pass rush is non existent.

Beebe's Kid
09-19-2010, 07:44 PM
And the hits keep on coming. Another bust pick on our hands?

I know it's early but really? This is it?

You got it, dick. All he does is call screen to himself all of the time. Bust.

jcdavey
09-19-2010, 10:19 PM
the bills are personally punishing me for having drafted spiller in FF

AndreReed83
09-20-2010, 12:18 AM
It's a frustrating pick now, but I think it is one that will pay off in the future. Build him an offensive line and people will forget they ever wanted him gone.

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Spiller is the least of my worries.

Bill Cody
09-20-2010, 08:49 AM
I wasn't a fan of the pick but the key at this point is what he becomes, not what he didn't do in 2 games, not that "we didn't need a RB". When we did need a RB we took Marshawn Lynch instead of Darrel Reves. Would anyone be saying "corner wasn't a priority" if we had taken Reves? So let's wait and see.

I said it before the draft the Bills just can't keep taking Donte Whitner's instead of Haloti Nagota's and expect to climb out of the hole we're in. We have to hope that didn't happen yet again.