X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

CJ Spiller, yeah baby!!

And the hits keep on coming. Another bust pick on our hands?

I know it's early but really? This is it?
  • Cleve
    • Oct 2004

Re: CJ Spiller, yeah baby!!

The thing I find dumb about the Spiller pick... the Bills already had a decent ground game... it was the PASSING game and offensive line that was, and remains, deplorable.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Great in return game and few opportunities provided by coaching staff in rushing game. The preseason was no fluke. He's a rich man's Reggie Bush and I think many analysts would agree. Much better than Darren McFadden and depending on his progression better than Reggie Bush is at this point (which in my opinion is very good) and probably never matching Chris Johnson...he wont be a huge bust

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Unfortunately for Spiller he was not drafted by a team that could utilize his talents.

Classic Bills organization "we know better than everyone else in the NFL" draft pick that's been going on since Donahoe arrived.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
          Great in return game and few opportunities provided by coaching staff in rushing game. The preseason was no fluke. He's a rich man's Reggie Bush and I think many analysts would agree. Much better than Darren McFadden and depending on his progression better than Reggie Bush is at this point (which in my opinion is very good) and probably never matching Chris Johnson...he wont be a huge bust
          That's why he touched the ball 3 or 4 times (not counting kick returns) today?

If he was as good as Reggie Bush (who is a glorified 3rd down back) he'd touch the ball far more then 3 or 4 times a game.
          Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-19-2010, 03:46 PM.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            Unfortunately for Spiller he was not drafted by a team that could utilize his talents.

Classic Bills organization "we know better than everyone else in the NFL" draft pick that's been going on since Donahoe arrived.
            This statement is soooo true...it drive me nuts!

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Good player, bad pick. I said it at the time and will stay with it...the Bills had 10 other needs...RB was not an option with that pick.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                • Aug 2008

Too early to call him a bust, but it was a luxury pick no doubt. One we could not afford to make, considering the state of our tackles and QB.
                Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Donahoe, as much **** as he gets (and deserves) was at least able to build a boarder line playoff caliber roster; and the best players on our team the last decade were all drafted by him as well.

Nix in 1 off-season was able to make this team worse then last year (which was pretty ***** awful)
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Nice! Way to deflect attention away from YET ANOTHER POOR GAME by Trent.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                      • Jan 2010

is it just me or does he not look nearly as fast as he did in college? On kick returns he doesn't seem to have that much burst as he was touted to have

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                        Too early to call him a bust, but it was a luxury pick no doubt. One we could not afford to make, considering the state of our tackles and QB.
                        True...but what tackle has shown so far this season that he was worthy of the pick? It is a fair question because everybody is judging Spiller on the first two games.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

this is a joke right?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            True...but what tackle has shown so far this season that he was worthy of the pick? It is a fair question because everybody is judging Spiller on the first two games.

Even if you wanted to take a playmaker because we can all agree this team severely lacks those...draft Dez Bryant.

Bryant is a guy who can and likely will become a bonafide number 1 WR in this league.

Sure, this year, maybe you waste his talents a little bit but eventually you get a QB that can consistently get him the ball.

And say next year or the year after that happens, Dez provides much more value to your team than Spiller ever will.

Comment

• Mad Max
                              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                              • Mar 2003

I think this pick was a sign by Nix, that we're starting from scratch. Take BPA and start from the ground up.

As much as disrespect I have for this organization, I'm cool with the Spiller pick. He will NOT bust. He will become a stud.

Comment

Working...
                              X