PDA

View Full Version : Just a simple question, don't get mad

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Does someone want to explain to me how Detroit has figured out how to utilize Javid Best and we haven't yet with Spiller? They were both comparable talent coming out of the draft, with pretty much everyone saying Spiller should be the better player.

Best THIS WEEK

17 carries for 78 yards 2 TDs
9 catches 154 yards 1 TD

Spiller TWO GAMES COMBINED

8 carries 9 yards 0 TDs
8 catches 31 yards 0 TDs

Before you give me the "Trent sucks, Oline sucks" excuses, Detroit had their backup QB in, yes backup QB Shaun Hill. And they have no more talent on their Oline than we do, so what gives?

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Does someone want to explain to me how Detroit has figured out how to utilize Javid Best and we haven't yet with Spiller? They were both comparable talent coming out of the draft, with pretty much everyone saying Spiller should be the better player.

Best THIS WEEK

9 catches 154 yards 1 TD

8 carries 9 yards 0 TDs
8 catches 31 yards 0 TDs

Before you give me the "Trent sucks, Oline sucks" excuses, Detroit had their backup QB in, yes backup QB Shaun Hill. And they have no more talent on their Oline than we do, so what gives?

The Bills are too busy trying to show us how smart they are by keeping Lynch, thus keeping Spiller off the field. I'm half joking, but half serious too.

baalworship
09-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Shaun Hill is a NFL QB. Trent Edwards will not be on a roster next year.

better days
09-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, for one thing Detroit has a much better QB, keeps the defense from stacking the line.

Ingtar33
09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
The Bills are too busy trying to show us how smart they are by keeping Lynch, thus keeping Spiller off the field. I'm half joking, but half serious too.

If lynch gets on the plane for buffalo then you're right.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, for one thing Detroit has a much better QB, keeps the defense from stacking the line.

Hilarious.

Last week Best ran 14 times for 20 yards.

The simple answer is they kept giving him the ball anyways and didn't just give up on it.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM

I don't know man. Spiller got a lot of looks in week 1. I think something's wrong with Gailey here not knowing how to utilize his best talent. Evans and Spiller have been nonexistent the first two weeks. That's like Calvin Johnson and Best putting up goose eggs for Detroit, no chance in hell that team can win with that happening. Same with us.

RB screens that the D can see a mile away isn't gonna get it done. What happened to all the talk of splitting CJ out wide in the slot? And Freddy too for that matter? We run the pistol all game in week 1, yet abandon it in week 2? Does Gailey have a plan at all? He's flip flopping more than John Kerry.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't know man. Spiller got a lot of looks in week 1. I think something's wrong with Gailey here not knowing how to utilize his best talent. Evans and Spiller have been nonexistent the first two weeks. That's like Calvin Johnson and Best putting up goose eggs for Detroit, no chance in hell that team can win with that happening. Same with us.

RB screens that the D can see a mile away isn't gonna get it done. What happened to all the talk of splitting CJ out wide in the slot? And Freddy too for that matter? We run the pistol all game in week 1, yet abandon it in week 2? Does Gailey have a plan at all? He's flip flopping more than John Kerry.

I really can't answer that...from Gailey's history, he is known to utilize the talent he has to the fullest. I'm not sure what is going on these first two weeks.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 03:59 PM

Comparing Calvin Johnson to Lee Evans is laughable.

CJ is likely the most underrated WR in the game. Lee Evans is a guy who doesn't care because he laughs about the 9 million he makes to never get hit.

Back when CJ had bums throwing him the ball in Detroit, he still put up numbers. Evans has bums throwing the ball here and what? He disappears.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Comparing Calvin Johnson to Lee Evans is laughable.

CJ is likely the most underrated WR in the game. Lee Evans is a guy who doesn't care because he laughs about the 9 million he makes to never get hit.

Back when CJ had bums throwing him the ball in Detroit, he still put up numbers. Evans has bums throwing the ball here and what? He disappears.

I would never compare the two. Just said that they're both the top WRs on their teams and Evans needs to be used more. Calvin can go up and get the ball if the QB just throws it, Evans will never. I don't wanna hear the double coverage excuse either.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 04:33 PM

Best THIS WEEK

9 catches 154 yards 1 TD

8 carries 9 yards 0 TDs
8 catches 31 yards 0 TDs

Easy, we insist on keeping 3 starters and playing the other two a lot.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Best = Better than Spiller.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Looks like my conspiracy is coming true:

When C.J. Spiller's Clemson faced Gailey's Georgia Tech in 2007, Spiller was limited to two yards rushing. Chan knows CJ can be stopped, as evidenced by Game 1.

billsfanryan
09-19-2010, 06:48 PM
They just aren't giving spiller the ball imo.

He doesn't look that fast to me on kickoff returns either

bills4ver
09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
its 2 easy things really,

1. The coach uses Best ALL game and he is not splitting with 2 other guys all game - can't get a rythm when your in and out all game.

2. Shaun Hill is actually a pretty good QB, much better than Trent Edwards lol

Bravo82
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Solid thread with some potential for some "serious" Bills discussion IMHO :clown:

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Solid thread with some potential for some "serious" Bills discussion IMHO :clown:
Look son, I'm only here because I got banned at the BBMB and Billievers. :ill: I gotta be on good behavior.

Demon
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Hilarious.

Last week Best ran 14 times for 20 yards.

The simple answer is they kept giving him the ball anyways and didn't just give up on it.

And two touchdowns.