PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans 0 Receptions.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2010, 04:08 PM
The Bills need a #1 WR.

I was thinking the Bills need to draft Round 1 QB then in round 2 LT. I'm starting to think they should draft Round 1 QB then in Round 2 WR.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
We certainly need a long term answer at the WR position. Lee is wasting his good years where he still has his legs, by the time we get a real QB and offense Evans will be a fringe #2 at best. Stevie isn't even a viable #2. Nelson's a flash in the pan. Roscoe looks like he doesn't give a crap with this team. I'd have liked to see what Easley could have done, word was he looked real nice in camp. Still don't understand why we're not splitting CJ out wide. I anticipate when Shawn Nelson comes back he'll get some reps as WR as well.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Evans is a 2 at best now.

Housh didn't put up number 1 WR numbers last year in Seattle and was run out of town this year. Those numbers were still better than what Evans did last year.

better days
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Really?????????????? How many passes did Evans drop????????

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Everyone blames the QB for not getting him the ball..blah blah blah..

Maybe the QB doesn't get him the ball because he's not open?

Roddy White put up numbers with Harrington.

Kevin Johnson put up numbers with Tim Couch.

Calvin Johnson put up numbers with Culpepper.

Marty Booker put up numbers with Jim Miller.

All of the above QBs along with Trent Edwards suck/sucked.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Trent also ended TO game catch streak.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:23 PM

I think the problem is Lee is too one dimensional. These guys you listed can jump up and get the ball if their not open. Evans can't do that. He's a below average #1, strong #2 WR right now. When you need someone opposite you in order to make 1 catch, then you're not a clear #1 at all. Even when Losman got him the ball, it was all on deep bombs, he's always been one dimensional.

I get so frustrated watching other team's QBs just throw the ball up and the WR like Roddy White or Calvin Johnson jump up and get the ball even if their not open. I think trading Evans would not be a bad thing for this team.

better days
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Blah Blah Blah.............Lee should just hike the ball to himself, throw it to himself, then catch it.

LABillsFan
09-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Honestly, can anyone say how good Evans is or could be with the QB's throwing to him or the coaches the Bills have had?

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Honestly, can anyone say how good Evans is or could be with the QB's throwing to him or the coaches the Bills have had?

He's good enough to run streaks and fly patterns.

He isn't utilized because that's all he can run and we don't have a QB who can throw it 40 yards downfield consistently.

Apparently though that makes you worth 9 million a year in this town.

SquishDaFish
09-19-2010, 04:42 PM
We need a QB first and foremost before we decide whos good in the WR/TE area LOL

Thief
09-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I honestly don't see the point here unless you are trying to say he was blanketed the whole game, or can't get open. We all know that is BS. He's fast, but the guy can't throw himself the ball.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I honestly don't see the point here unless you are trying to say he was blanketed the whole game, or can't get open. We all know that is BS. He's fast, but the guy can't throw himself the ball.

He can get open, on streaks. We don't have a QB anymore who throws streaks.

Even when Losman was here, that's what he excelled at, and where he put his numbers up.

Simple solution, bring in a Jeff George type QB and you'll see Lee Evans put numbers up again. Bring in a QB who's game isn't tailored around the deep ball and Lee will disappear.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 04:50 PM

was Jennings open when he caught the ball on the left side? NO. But Aaron threw him the ball.

A lot of wr's aren't open when the qb throws the ball.

The flaw in your argument is that all the qb's you mentioned were willing to throw the ball. even a dink and dunk qb like Holcomb would throw the ball.

The FACTS have proven that when the qb isn't named Trent Edwards, Lee gets the ball.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 04:52 PM
was Lee evans open here? NO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxkXH6gZ08&feature=related

Thief
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
He can get open, on streaks. We don't have a QB anymore who throws streaks.

Even when Losman was here, that's what he excelled at, and where he put his numbers up.

Simple solution, bring in a Jeff George type QB and you'll see Lee Evans put numbers up again. Bring in a QB who's game isn't tailored around the deep ball and Lee will disappear.In your opinion, what attribute does he have that helps him gain seperation on the long ball, and why can't this attribute be used for him to gain seperation on any other route? Wouldn't the streak be the hardest route to get open on? Or are you saying he only has the mental capacity to learn one route, and that is why he is a liability?

Basically, it seems to me that if you can get open on the long ball, it seems you should be able to get open on all the others. Especially when DBs have to respect your deep route on every play.

I don't think you need a Jeff George type guy.... you just need a non Trent Edwards type guy.... a real NFL QB. One who doesn't always throw short. WHo who can, and will, make "all the throws". How many catches would Evans have gotten today if Drew Brees was a Bill? 0? Afterall, he isn't a Jeff Goerge type.

Historian
09-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Evans catches 100 balls per year if he's on the Patriots.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 05:09 PM
was Jennings open when he caught the ball on the left side? NO. But Aaron threw him the ball.

A lot of wr's aren't open when the qb throws the ball.

The flaw in your argument is that all the qb's you mentioned were willing to throw the ball. even a dink and dunk qb like Holcomb would throw the ball.

The FACTS have proven that when the qb isn't named Trent Edwards, Lee gets the ball.

2004 Drew Bledsoe....Evans 48 catches 843 yards

2005 The Kelly Holcomb half year...Evans 48 catches 743 yards.

2006 The JP year....82 1292

2007 JP 7 games Trent 9 games 55 849 Evans says he wants JP at QB.

2008 JP played in 4 games...Evans 63 1017...200 of those yards came from Losman at QB and Evans longest catch of his career came with Losman throwing it up to him vs the Cardinals.

2009 Trent Edwards/Ryan Fitzpatrick 44 612

So really, where are these FACTS that you claim?

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Who ended TO's catching streak - Trent
Who ended Lee's today -Trent.

nuff said

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Evans catches 100 balls per year if he's on the Patriots.

Evans plays the Julian Edelman role if he's on the Patriots.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 05:12 PM
In your opinion, what attribute does he have that helps him gain seperation on the long ball, and why can't this attribute be used for him to gain seperation on any other route? Wouldn't the streak be the hardest route to get open on? Or are you saying he only has the mental capacity to learn one route, and that is why he is a liability?

Basically, it seems to me that if you can get open on the long ball, it seems you should be able to get open on all the others. Especially when DBs have to respect your deep route on every play.

I don't think you need a Jeff George type guy.... you just need a non Trent Edwards type guy.... a real NFL QB. One who doesn't always throw short. WHo who can, and will, make "all the throws". How many catches would Evans have gotten today if Drew Brees was a Bill? 0? Afterall, he isn't a Jeff Goerge type.

Evans needs a QB who is willing to throw the ball long 2-3 times a game and an offense that is willing to do that in order to have any success.

Look at his career numbers, I posted them above, with any QB who throws more short and intermediate routes he disappears.

Why?

I don't know.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
2004 Drew Bledsoe....Evans 48 catches 843 yards

2005 The Kelly Holcomb half year...Evans 48 catches 743 yards.

2006 The JP year....82 1292

2007 JP 7 games Trent 9 games 55 849 Evans says he wants JP at QB.

2008 JP played in 4 games...Evans 63 1017...200 of those yards came from Losman at QB and Evans longest catch of his career came with Losman throwing it up to him vs the Cardinals.

2009 Trent Edwards/Ryan Fitzpatrick 44 612

So really, where are these FACTS that you claim?

It's understandable that Evans isn't a big Edwards advocate. His production has suffered since Edwards arrived in Buffalo. In the 33 games with Edwards at quarterback, Evans has 105 catches for 1,560 yards and seven touchdowns. In 69 games with other QBs, he has 235 catches for 3,796 yards and 32 TDs. Draw your own conclusions.

That's roughly one TD every five games with Edwards, one TD every two games when someone else is throwing the ball. Four times in his career, Edwards has been knocked out of a game with an injury. In three of them, his replacement threw a TD pass to Evans.http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article189585.ece

Novacane
09-19-2010, 05:14 PM
I started him over Eddie Royal on my fantasy team today. I know....I'm an idiot.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 05:17 PM
It's understandable that Evans isn't a big Edwards advocate. His production has suffered since Edwards arrived in Buffalo. In the 33 games with Edwards at quarterback, Evans has 105 catches for 1,560 yards and seven touchdowns. In 69 games with other QBs, he has 235 catches for 3,796 yards and 32 TDs. Draw your own conclusions.

That's roughly one TD every five games with Edwards, one TD every two games when someone else is throwing the ball. Four times in his career, Edwards has been knocked out of a game with an injury. In three of them, his replacement threw a TD pass to Evans.http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article189585.ece

His production has suffered because he can't or refuses to run short routes. Whichever of the two it is.

It's not like he produced with Kelly Holcomb or Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB either.

The fact is he needs a QB who'll throw the ball 40 yards + downfield to be a factor.

For Lee Evans he'd better off with a QB like Jeff George than he would with Peyton Manning.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Evans needs a QB who is willing to throw the ball long 2-3 times a game and an offense that is willing to do that in order to have any success.

Look at his career numbers, I posted them above, with any QB who throws more short and intermediate routes he disappears.

Why?

I don't know.

Why would you make Lee run short runs? Might as well yell we're throwing short when you make his run short routes. Who are you gonna ask to throw

look at this . The Ironic thing is that when Trent USED to throw to Lee even when Lee was NOT open , good things happened.TRENT LOST IT

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
His production has suffered because he can't or refuses to run short routes. Whichever of the two it is.

He refuses? What are you a bills coach that you know this as fact?

I already posted FACTS that most of Lee's catches were between 10-30 yards last year . You can argue with facts till you're blue in the face? FACTS ARE RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Why would you make Lee run short runs? Might as well yell we're throwing short when you make his run short routes. Who are you gonna ask to throw

look at this . The Ironic thing is that when Trent USED to throw to Lee even when Lee was NOT open , good things happened.TRENT LOST IT

Trent really hasn't thrown to Lee Evans much the entire time he's been here, that's my point. Neither did Holcomb. Neither did Fitzpatrick.

Wes Welker runs short routes all the time. Roddy White runs short routes. Andre Johnson runs short routes. Miles Austin runs short routes.

Why is Lee Evans apparently above running short routes when elite NFL WRs aren't?

Someone shoulda told Jerry Rice he was too good for ridiculous things like...short routes.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
He refuses? What are you a bills coach that you know this as fact?

I already posted FACTS that most of Lee's catches were between 10-30 yards last year . You can argue with facts till you're blue in the face? FACTS ARE RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Ok, then he simply can't do it.

It's obviously one of the two.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Ok, then he simply can't do it.

It's obviously one of the two.

you're full of it. FACTS are right YOU ARE WRONG!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=5538&sYear=2009

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 05:32 PM
you're full of it. FACTS are right YOU ARE WRONG!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=5538&sYear=2009

I posted his career stats, year by year.

Under any QB not named JP Losman, he's done a whole lot of nothing.

If you want to ignore them, feel free.

better days
09-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Aside from JP he has had a whole lot of nothing to catch.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Aside from JP he has had a whole lot of nothing to catch.

And every other QB is equal to or better than JP as an NFL QB.

At what point do you put some culpability on Lee Evans for his lack of production?

You have to get open to get the ball.

JCBills
09-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Guys.

This is the same QB that couldn't get it to Evans or Owens last season.

Lee has shown that if you throw the 50/50 ball his way he can come down with it. Trent has shown he can throw the ball at all though, so this isn't possible.

jmb1099
09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
my God we should call Losman and I'm not kidding

HHURRICANE
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Lee Evans is not a #1 WR.

Do you guys realize that we aren't good at mutliple positions. Did you see Steve Johnson today?

Uhhh, Hangartner Wood and Levitre got mauled. Wood and Levitre were supposed to be our new anchors in the interior. This just in: They aren't good.

Jackson is the best player on the team. Maybe Gailey should have just given a steady dose of him instead of highlighting Lynch for a possible trade.

Syderick
09-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Lee Evan has decent hands and can run most routes. However, most plays have him run deep.

tampabay25690
09-19-2010, 10:11 PM
The Bills need a #1 WR.

I was thinking the Bills need to draft Round 1 QB then in round 2 LT. I'm starting to think they should draft Round 1 QB then in Round 2 WR.

You are kidding right?????????

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 10:18 PM

That's your reply after I showed you FACTS that prove he can and he does run short routes? LOL! I also showed you a link that proves he's more productive with different qb's. All you did was post a whole bunch of nothing

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Lee Evan has decent hands and can run most routes. However, most plays have him run deep.

exactly. Why make him run short routes when he's the only deep threat?

That would be like forcing Randy MOss run the short routes and make Welker run the deep ones. Makes no sense.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 10:25 PM
That's your reply after I showed you FACTS that prove he can and he does run short routes? LOL! I also showed you a link that proves he's more productive with different qb's. All you did was post a whole bunch of nothing

Oh so the year by year stats along with what QB was behind center proves nothing these days? Whatever you say man.

The stats are there, the facts prove outside of 1 year with Losman, Lee Evans is nothing but an overpriced Az Zahir Hakim.

And on better teams, he'd be nothing better than the 3rd or 4th option.

Name me one team outside of the Cleveland Browns that Lee Evans would be the number 1 WR for...

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 10:27 PM

That would be like forcing Randy MOss run the short routes and make Welker run the deep ones. Makes no sense.

Randy Moss never runs short routes now? WOW.

It's called being a complete receiver. Number 1 WRs are complete receivers, usually.

Unless you're Lee Evans on the Buffalo Bills, you don't have to be a complete WR, you can be a flashy guy who the organization and the fanbase overrate and make excuses for.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh so the year by year stats along with what QB was behind center proves nothing these days? Whatever you say man.

The stats are there, the facts prove outside of 1 year with Losman, Lee Evans is nothing but an overpriced Az Zahir Hakim.

And on better teams, he'd be nothing better than the 3rd or 4th option.

Name me one team outside of the Cleveland Browns that Lee Evans would be the number 1 WR for...

blah ,blahblah. That still does not prove that he cannot or refuses to run short routes. even in 2006 he caught his most balls in the short routes and every year after that. IT's a FACT!

here. argue with facts again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=5538&sYear=2006

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 10:30 PM
blah ,blahblah. That still does not prove that he cannot or refuses to run short routes. even in 2006 he caught his most balls in the short routes and every year after that. IT's a FACT!

here. argue with facts again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=5538&sYear=2006

Of course you cannot answer my question...because there isn't an answer.

Lee Evans is the most overpaid player in the NFL for what he brings to the table, period.

Lee won't complain about anything because he ain't getting 9 million a year anywhere else, he'd be lucky to get a third of that.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Randy Moss never runs short routes now? WOW.

It's called being a complete receiver. Number 1 WRs are complete receivers, usually.

Unless you're Lee Evans on the Buffalo Bills, you don't have to be a complete WR, you can be a flashy guy who the organization and the fanbase overrate and make excuses for.

where did I say Randy MOss never runs short routes? You're making crap up because you are getting owned by the facts.

Again, if being a complete wr means catching the ball short ,mid or long Lee's done that. T What you need to do is stop making crap up because facts don't lie.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Of course you cannot answer my question...because there isn't an answer.

Lee Evans is the most overpaid player in the NFL for what he brings to the table, period.

Lee won't complain about anything because he ain't getting 9 million a year anywhere else, he'd be lucky to get a third of that.

that still has nothing to do with whether he can or refuses to run short routes. You're getting owned by the FACTS

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
might as well try and trade evans to san diego for mcneil. it can't get any worse than it is now.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
that still has nothing to do with whether he can or refuses to run short routes. You're getting owned by the FACTS

Look at his stats.

He's a chump.

You, the front office and a lot of other fans completely overrate his pathetic lackluster career because of a one year anomaly.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 10:40 PM

ReallY? You said Reed was a more complete receiver than Evans? Not only is Reed NOT a no. 1 receiver, he doesn't have a job. You don't know what you're talking about. Talk about overrating a player. Reed is a more complete wr. :roflmao:

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 10:44 PM
ReallY? You said Reed was a more complete receiver than Evans? Not only is Reed NOT a no. 1 receiver, he doesn't have a job. You don't know what you're talking about.

Reed is a not number 1 WR just like Evans isn't a true number 1 WR. However he is a more complete WR than Evans.

Name me a number 1 WR who isn't a complete WR though besides Evans.

Just one.

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2010, 10:45 PM
lee evans would be great on any other team except the bills and raiders.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 10:46 PM
as for Evans' nos with diff qb's that you posted Lee was a rookie in 2004 behind Moulds and you're telling me 800 yards was nothing under those circumstances ?

That's why I don't have to break down the rest of that post because it's stupid. I've already proven to you that he CAN and he HAS run short routes.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Reed is a not number 1 WR just like Evans isn't a true number 1 WR. However he is a more complete WR than Evans.

Just one.

:roflmao:

Nuff said

Just one.

name me a complete wr who has a qb that refuses to throw the ball. Name 1 just one.

Syderick
09-19-2010, 10:55 PM

That and Evans doesn't seem to have much say in which routes to run.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 11:02 PM
You, the front office and a lot of other fans completely overrate his pathetic lackluster career because of a one year anomaly.

Wrong! MY point is simply that you cannot say whether Lee is great or bad because other than Drew (like it or not, those a good nos. for a rookie) Lee hasn't had a better than average qb.

Look at his stats.

Yeah, I saw it and PROVED to you using the stats that you are making crap up just to make him look worse than he really is. Until he has a decent qb , neither you nor I know if he's really a no.1 or not.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 11:04 PM
That and Evans doesn't seem to have much say in which routes to run.

yup. With trent, he's just running routes.

How can anyone call Lee out when the qb refuses to throw to ANYONE on 4-11 is beyond me.

Dr. Pepper
09-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Look at his stats.

He's a chump.

dude, i understand where youre coming from, but really....

edwards WILL NOT throw the ball downfield. hes shown this over and over again. how can a receiver catch a ball if the qb wont throw it to him? im not saying evans is an elite receiver, but i definitely think youre either severely underestimating his ability or underplaying it to get under justa's skin...

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 11:54 PM
as for Evans' nos with diff qb's that you posted Lee was a rookie in 2004 behind Moulds and you're telling me 800 yards was nothing under those circumstances ?

That's why I don't have to break down the rest of that post because it's stupid. I've already proven to you that he CAN and he HAS run short routes.

He was the number 2 WR in 2004 and was second on the team in catches.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Wrong! MY point is simply that you cannot say whether Lee is great or bad because other than Drew (like it or not, those a good nos. for a rookie) Lee hasn't had a better than average qb.

Yeah, I saw it and PROVED to you using the stats that you are making crap up just to make him look worse than he really is. Until he has a decent qb , neither you nor I know if he's really a no.1 or not.

Andre Johnson had David Carr. Roddy White had Chris Redman, Joey Harrington at the beginning of his career. Kevin Johnson had Tim Couch. Calvin Johnson had a revolving door of garbage. Larry Fitzgerald had Josh McCown. David Boston had Jake Plummer in Arizona who was a turnover machine. Chad OchoCinco had Jon Kitna at the beginning of his career.

All of the above were able to put up stats and were offensive forces with garbage QBs that exceed what Lee can do.

When do the excuses end and Evans gets some culpability for his own lack of production?

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 12:10 AM
:roflmao:

Nuff said

name me a complete wr who has a qb that refuses to throw the ball. Name 1 just one.

You see other number 1 WRs get open and demand the ball. Evans on the other hand does not. It's plain as day and for whatever reason you fail to acknowledge it.

Although if I was Lee Evans I wouldn't really care either, he gets paid 9 million dollars a year to do absolutely nothing of value and has an entire fanbase willing to make excuses for him to downplay his own lack of ability.

On the list of number 1 WRs in the NFL Lee Evans ranks about 30th only ahead of Mohammad Massaquoi and Donnie Avery/Mark Clayton.

Michael82
09-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Trent Edwards only throws to his WRs when they are wide open or stopped running their route. He refuses to throw the intermediate passes or even a ****ing slant like the one that Fitzpatrick threw to Evans at the Jets last year. If he did...Evans wouldn't be help without a catch. Lee Evans is totally misused here. He's the type of WR that should be getting 2-3 deep balls thrown his way every week and several 10-20 yard passes. He's also the type that should be used for reverses, end arounds and ****ing Slants! But again...Trent Edwards is a ****ing ****** and doesn't know how to throw these kind of passes.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Andre Johnson had David Carr. Roddy White had Chris Redman, Joey Harrington at the beginning of his career. Kevin Johnson had Tim Couch. Calvin Johnson had a revolving door of garbage. Larry Fitzgerald had Josh McCown. ?

If any of those wr's you mentioned had TRENT, they'd have worse nos. As bad a Carr was, he THREW THE BALL.

David Boston had Jake Plummer in Arizona who was a turnover machine.?
to be a turn over machine YOU HAVE TOAT LEAST THROW THE BALL. Trent does NOT.

All of the above were able to put up stats and were offensive forces with garbage QBs that exceed what Lee can do.

I'll take any of those garbage over TRENT. THey were all better than Trent, even Rob Johnson.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Fitzgerald is ranked at 29 . Are you gonna tell me he isn't a no.1 but a no.2 and does not like to run short routes or does the Derek Anderson have anything to do with Fitz's no.2 nos.? Does not having Warner have anything to do with Fitz's nos? Answer: Yes.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Fitzgerald is ranked at 29 . Are you gonna tell me he isn't a no.1 but a no.2 and does not like to run short routes or does the Derek Anderson have anything to do with Fitz's no.2 nos.? Does not having Warner have anything to do with Fitz's nos? Answer: Yes.

Evans was never at a Fitz calibre, so it's bad comparison.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM

Fitzgerald is still on pace for 80 catches 1008 yards and 8 TDs.

Breaston is on a similar pace.

You fail to see the entire point, good WRs still get the ball regardless of who is throwing it to them, except apparently Lee Evans.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM

who's comparing Lee to Fitz? I'm merely showing theat even the great Fitz's nos are affected by the qb. He has no.2 nos now and it won't be long FTY will claim that he isn't a no.1.

Imagine what would happen in Fitz had Trent? Fitz under Warner was not open most of the time but Warner threw him the ball anyways.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Fitzgerald is still on pace for 80 catches 1008 yards and 8 TDs.

Breaston is on a similar pace.. thats a no.1 number?

You fail to see the entire point, good WRs still get the ball regardless of who is throwing it to them, except apparently Lee Evans.

WRONG! You are the one who fails to see the point. You have to at least buy a lotto ticket to win the lotto. I have a better chance of winning the lotto than ANYONE catching the ball from Trent on 4th and 11.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 11:29 AM

Evans is a poor mans Derrick Alexander at this point in his career.

Derrick Alexander had Vinny Testaverde, Eric Zeier, Elvis Grbac and Rich Gannon-before he went to the Raiders and was good-throwing him the football.

Hell Evans isn't much different than Bert Emanuel.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 11:30 AM
thats a no.1 number?

WRONG! You are the one who fails to see the point. You have to at least buy a lotto ticket to win the lotto. I have a better chance of winning the lotto than ANYONE catching the ball from Trent on 4th and 11.

That's better than what Lee Evans can do as a number 1.

Why?

Lee Evans isn't half the receiver Fitzgerald is.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 11:45 AM
That's better than what Lee Evans can do as a number 1.

Why?

Lee Evans isn't half the receiver Fitzgerald is.

I agree. Lee is no Fitcz and Trent is no Derek Anderson. He's not even a Rob Johnson.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I agree. Lee is no Fitch and Trent is no Derek Anderson. He's not even a Rob Johnson.

This is true...Derek Anderson can complete 2 of 17 passes and still win football games.

djjimkelly
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM

sadly that list of qbs you just rhymed off everyone is a much better qb then our trent edwards and i mean much better.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
This is true...Derek Anderson can complete 2 of 17 passes and still win football games.

at least he throws the ball.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Well Lee Evans was less productive today then Stevie Johnson and Roscoe Parrish!

His performance today was pretty much no different than in week 1.

9 catches for 88 yards on the season, meanwhile Stevie Johnson has 11 catches for 154 yards. Maybe Lee should be demoted instead. Parrish 9 catches for 152 yards.

Yeah, he's a great number 1 WR though and definitely showing why he's paid 9 million a year.

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Well Lee Evans was less productive today then Stevie Johnson and Roscoe Parrish!

9 catches for 88 yards on the season, meanwhile Stevie Johnson has 11 catches for 154 yards. Maybe Lee should be demoted instead. Parrish 9 catches for 152 yards.

Yeah, he's a great number 1 WR though and definitely showing why he's paid 9 million a year.

Yeah, we should cut him.

justasportsfan
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM

So? What it told us is that Trent was the problem. What Lee does is allow the qb to go with the other wr's. All the game proved id that Trent held back the passing game. But go ahead and blame Lee for that.

Are you gonna start saying that Stevie and Parrish are now more complete wr's than Lee :roflmao:

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 05:02 PM
So? What it told us is that Trent was the problem. What Lee does is allow the qb to go with the other wr's. All the game proved id that Trent held back the passing game. But go ahead and blame Lee for that.

Are you gonna start saying that Stevie and Parrish are now more complete wr's than Lee :roflmao:

No, what I am gonna say is Lee Evans is not a number 1 WR and is completely overvalued by the team and the fanbase.

Also, he is the most overpaid WR in the entire NFL.

justasportsfan
09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
No, what I am gonna say is Lee Evans is not a number 1 WR and is completely overvalued by the team and the fanbase.

Of course you're not gonna say it. It was dumb to say the reed is a more complete wr. Did you see him block today? I did.

We shall see in time.

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 05:17 PM

So we should cut him if he won't take a pay cut?

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 05:18 PM
So we should cut him if he won't take a pay cut?

Eric Moulds took paycuts and was about 10 times the WR Lee Evans is....maybe it's time Lee does the same.

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Eric Moulds took paycuts and was about 10 times the WR Lee Evans is....maybe it's time Lee does the same.

If I was Lee Evans, and the Bills told me to take a pay cut, I would tell them to **** themselves.

Are you serious?? With all of the nonsense this guy has had to put up with, he is paid just fine. It's not like we're even close to the salary cap, oh wait, there isn't one.

And if we let Evans walk, you'd be all over the Bills for being cheap.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 05:23 PM
If I was Lee Evans, and the Bills told me to take a pay cut, I would tell them to **** themselves.

Are you serious?? With all of the nonsense this guy has had to put up with, he is paid just fine. It's not like we're even close to the salary cap, oh wait, there isn't one.

And if we let Evans walk, you'd be all over the Bills for being cheap.

You can get Lee Evans production out of a 3 million dollar WR.

Maybe if they spent 9 million on a QB instead of Lee Evans, we'd have a more competent offense week to week.

And to be honest, this team would lose absolutely nothing if it were to cut Lee Evans tomorrow.

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 05:25 PM
You can get Lee Evans production out of a 3 million dollar WR.

Maybe if they spent 9 million on a QB instead of Lee Evans, we'd have a more competent offense week to week.

And to be honest, this team would lose absolutely nothing if it were to cut Lee Evans tomorrow.

That seems absurd to me.

Who cares if he's get paid a lot? We're no where near the cap if they were to introduce that again. Ralph would just have pocketed that money.

What QB would you have signed and paid 9 million dollars? We can probably afford to pay a QB 20 million dollars per year with the team salary we have right now.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM
That seems absurd to me.

Who cares if he's get paid a lot? We're no where near the cap if they were to introduce that again. Ralph would just have pocketed that money.

What QB would you have signed and paid 9 million dollars? We can probably afford to pay a QB 20 million dollars per year with the team salary we have right now.

It's about spending your money wisely on players to help your team win.

Something this team hasn't done since Butler.

Who cares that Derrick Dockery got paid a lot? Tons of people cared because his production didn't value his contract.

Who cares that Nate Clements got paid a lot? Tons of people cared.

London Fletcher? Ahh, he makes too much and doesn't do enough, get rid of him!

Apparently Lee Evans is above any criticism by most though. He's a "good soldier." Even though what he brings to the table to the betterment of the team is no better than a lot of fans and posters alike wanted run out of town.

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 05:38 PM
It's about spending your money wisely on players to help your team win.

Something this team hasn't done since Butler.

Who cares that Derrick Dockery got paid a lot? Tons of people cared because his production didn't value his contract.

Who cares that Nate Clements got paid a lot? Tons of people cared.

London Fletcher? Ahh, he makes too much and doesn't do enough, get rid of him!

Apparently Lee Evans is above any criticism by most though. He's a "good soldier." Even though what he brings to the table to the betterment of the team is no better than a lot of fans and posters alike wanted run out of town.

My point is only that he helps this team. In no way, does Lee Evans being on this team hurt us at all. Unless you can think of something.

His contract doesn't hurt us cuz there is not cap right now, and even if there were, we're not close to it.