PDA

View Full Version : Anyone realize Edwards is running backwards a lot?

theanswer74
09-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Thats what losman used to do, you add about 5 yards to the sack. Isnt it obvious he is scared?

I liked that he got up today after being hit hard, but he is playing scared. Does Gailey not see this? Shell shocked.

Michael82
09-19-2010, 04:31 PM
He plays like a scared little pussy! :ill:

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:32 PM
How sad is it right now that...gulp...I kind of, sort of, in a weird way, only because of how stagnant we look, miss JP Losman. Just for one game, just a couple deep bombs to Lee for TDs. YUCK. Can't believe I just said that.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 04:34 PM
You'd be running backwards behind this line, too.

Running backwards and taking sacks...just like JP, just like Bledsoe, just like RJ....do we see a pattern here?

Michael82
09-19-2010, 04:35 PM
If Trent Edwards played like this a couple years ago, he never would have taken the job away from JP Losman. He's horrible and I see him following Losman in the UFL.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 04:35 PM
If Trent Edwards played like this a couple years ago, he never would have taken the job away from JP Losman. He's horrible and I see him following Losman in the UFL.
Michael...he had a four game stretch...that's all. The story has been the same since RJ...

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 04:36 PM

Running backwards and taking sacks...just like JP, just like Bledsoe, just like RJ....do we see a pattern here?

I do. We haven't had a good QB since Kelly.

better days
09-19-2010, 04:38 PM

Yes, now Flutie rolled to the left or right & made a play.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes, now Flutie rolled to the left or right & made a play.
check my past posts on Flutie...he was mobile enough to mask a terrible OL. Had he been the slightest bit less mobile he would have been a disaster back there, too.

theanswer74
09-19-2010, 04:42 PM

It wasnt always like that though. There was a time when Edwards wouldnt get sacked much and stood in the pocket, showed some awareness. Now he just looks like he is scared.

Its not like Edwards has ever played for a good line either, college and NFL he has had bad lines, so why has he now started running backwards? He is done mentally.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
It wasnt always like that though. There was a time when Edwards wouldnt get sacked much and stood in the pocket, showed some awareness. Now he just looks like he is scared.

Its not like Edwards has ever played for a good line either, college and NFL he has had bad lines, so why has he now started running backwards? He is done mentally.
Punch drunk. You get hit enough times, regardless the sport, and you get gunshy.

theanswer74
09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Punch drunk. You get hit enough times, regardless the sport, and you get gunshy.

Thats an excuse though, Aaron Rogers and Ben ROethlisberger got hit a lot, doesnt bother them. Big Ben has been sacked almost 200 times the last 4 years.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 04:56 PM

LOL! Getting sacked has NOTHING to do with 4-11 and running out of bounds instead of taking a shot.

justasportsfan
09-19-2010, 04:58 PM
check my past posts on Flutie...he was mobile enough to mask a terrible OL. Had he been the slightest bit less mobile he would have been a disaster back there, too.

thats crap. Robosack was a mobile qb too. Rob had a stronger arm but had no balls to pull the trigger either.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Bledsoe kind of stood still to take his sacks.

better days
09-19-2010, 05:24 PM

Flutie may have made the O-line look a little better than they were, but Rob made them look much worse than they were, much like Trent now.

G Wolly
09-19-2010, 05:29 PM
How sad is it right now that...gulp...I kind of, sort of, in a weird way, only because of how stagnant we look, miss JP Losman.

I'd rather play Holcomb

oak tree 12
09-19-2010, 07:41 PM

it must be me because with our tackles and lack of protection to blame the QB is just ridiculous.

no QB would have been successful playing behind that line in that game today.

it blows my mind that everyone rips trent for not going deep. thats ridiculous were you watching the same game as i was.

deep routs take several seconds trent on good downs is lucky to have 2 or 3 seconds and most of the time he has several guys coming at him from several directions.

really no QB could succeed with the protection our line affords our QB and to think that is the QB's fault is flat out stupid.

Tiburon1724
09-20-2010, 12:39 AM
I wish he wouldn't have gotten up.

Crisis
09-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Thats an excuse though, Aaron Rogers and Ben ROethlisberger got hit a lot, doesnt bother them. Big Ben has been sacked almost 200 times the last 4 years.

and look where that's gotten ben lol

jamze132
09-20-2010, 02:18 AM
No doubt about it, Trent is nervous behind our O-line, and rightfully so. As much as it's the lines fault for allowing so much pressure, it's Trent's fault for 1, not having a clue where the pressure is coming from, 2, now knowing when the pressure is coming, 3, not calling an audible when needed, and 4, not being able to get the hell out of the pocket and still make a play. Rodgers did that several times yesterday and all good QBs can sense when they need to bail.

TMu11
09-20-2010, 04:52 AM
No doubt about it, Trent is nervous behind our O-line, and rightfully so. As much as it's the lines fault for allowing so much pressure, it's Trent's fault for 1, not having a clue where the pressure is coming from, 2, now knowing when the pressure is coming, 3, not calling an audible when needed, and 4, not being able to get the hell out of the pocket and still make a play. Rodgers did that several times yesterday and all good QBs can sense when they need to bail.

which all goes back to pocket presence. Trent would have a 0 in Madden if I made the ratings. (Or a 40, since thats the min.)

Cleve
09-20-2010, 06:31 AM
I was just chatting on the phone with a buddy of mine about the game... I didn't see the game, but he (unfortunately) did.

He told me at one point, he could clearly see Edward's face in the huddle, and he said "His eyes looked as big as golfballs" from fear. And then he told me...

"Edwards is done - even if he had potential at one point, the Bills have permanently ruined him".

I have to agree with him. Anyways, whether or not he gets benched, if Edwards keeps getting sacked like that, game after game, a DL type injury will be the inevitable, regret-able outcome and the question of whether he should be kept as starter will be academic.

ChristopherWalken
09-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Anyone else notice that Edwards was fine until he took that big hit?

Pussy. Plain and simple.

Bill Cody
09-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Trent has been dealt a bad hand but he is shell shocked and I was concerned about this before the season. Ever since he got his bell rung he has not been the same. He needs to sit. Having said that there are things a team that can't pass protect for more than 3 seconds can do to slow down the rush, screens to the backs, quick screens to the WR's, draws, wildcat, run the ball. If all that fails YOU CANNOT BLAME THE QB. We have not had an NFL quality line in a decade.

TMu11
09-20-2010, 10:22 AM
From Jerry Sullivan in the Buffalo News Bills-Packers Live Chat:
Sully:
I think Edwards is a backup. I get tired of hearing people make excuses because of his offensive line. Rodgers got sacked 51 times last year and he threw for over 4,000 yards and the offense was ranked near the top of the NFL.

ddaryl
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Edwards doesn't have it.. We tried we gave him his opportunities, but he doesn't have the abillity.

I'm pretty much done watching the Bills as long as Edwards is the QB... If he starts on Sunday I will probably record it, but will find other things to do and not feel compelled to watch until I have witnessed the stat page.