PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards is to blame, proof

theanswer74
09-19-2010, 05:35 PM
13-7 and driving. Look at Roscoe Parrish at the to, breaking wide open, Edwards checks down. There is no way to defend his decision, Johnson was double covered. It even looked like Edwards looked at Parrish 1st knowing he was going to check down to Johnson.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d81aa5c4d/Chillar-picks-off-Edwards

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Johnson wasn't double covered on a zone. Matthews was just where he was suppose to be.

theanswer74
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Johnson wasn't double covered on a zone. Matthews was just where he was suppose to be.

He had a man trailing him and a man in front of him, thats what i call double covered.

Mean while Roscoe had no chance of being covered. Simple anticipation throw that Edwards missed and it could have changed the game. Instead he got fooled by a zone blitz like always.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-19-2010, 05:48 PM
He had a man trailing him and a man in front of him, thats what i call double covered.

Mean while Roscoe had no chance of being covered. Simple anticipation throw that Edwards missed and it could have changed the game. Instead he got fooled by a zone blitz like always.

Well I guess if you call it double covered it must be.

Turf
09-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Edwards is so ****ing useless and his mistakes change the entire tone of the game and put the offense in trouble, which he then uses as his crutch. He's a ****ing zero, plain and simple. 0. NADA. Nothing going up there. Tool. Crescent wrench. Non adjustable at that.

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2010, 11:57 PM
i think trent sucks probably more than anyone else on this board but it's hard to make a pass with only one second before a defender is in your face. the offensive line was so bad today it made me sick. i went out in the garage and did work while continuing watch the game on my garage tv because i didn't want to waste my whole day watching that **** show.

edit: there were a few times he had time and he sat there bouncing around like a ******. i wouldn't have any confidence either if i had that o-line in front of me. i would feel lucky to be able to walk onto the plane without crutches.

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2010, 12:04 AM
13-7 and driving. Look at Roscoe Parrish at the to, breaking wide open, Edwards checks down. There is no way to defend his decision, Johnson was double covered. It even looked like Edwards looked at Parrish 1st knowing he was going to check down to Johnson.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d81aa5c4d/Chillar-picks-off-Edwards That pass to Johnson hit him right on the hands. Whether he was double covered or not it doesn't matter. That was a catchable pass he muffed on that ended up in a GB defenders hands. Just about any other number 2 receiver in the league would've made that catch. Using Edwards as a scape goat for the mistake of another player is dumb.

We all knew what kind of QB we had in Edwards coming into this game, so why are you all so surprised by his performance then? Today that entire offense was bad and not just Edwards. How about giving credit where credit is due? The Oline couldn't block to save its life. The receivers were just non existent, and the one thing that was going well for them which was the running game, just wasn't good enough. If you want to blame Edwards for that sorry excuse of an offense then that's fine, but every single player on that offense is guilty. They must be included in that. JMO

Commissioner
09-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Some people are so consumed with blaming someone...

This entire offense sucks.... how do we fix it?

I say trade Marshawn and Lee Evans for some lineman... Draft Mallett or Luck next year, and go from there.

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Everybody sucks, on and on and on...

We were in that game. The scoring drive looked real good. The o-line is a catastrophe when Edwards needs them, but serviceable when the RBs need them? That drive was old-school ball control, and put us back in the game.

Then we needed some passing yards...

Johnson should have made that catch...the ball did hit him in the hands...it was the wrong read, regardless of where the ball hit him.

Evans needs the ball thrown towards him. Other teams respect the **** out of his abilities. You get things like that interference call when you throw the ball. I thought at first that was a flag on Edwards, because he wasn't allowed to throw the ball that far.

The Trent Edwards ship sailed last year. He hasn't changed a bit, from when he ruined half of my Sundays last year.

I refuse to say play him so we can draft some guy, sign him for 100 mil, and hope that the coin lands on heads instead of tails.

I say why don't we do what we did last year? Play our backup, and start winning some football games....even more than we lost.

The people that root for draft picks can go right ahead. I am going to pull for the Bills to win on Sunday. Gailey has no opportunity to do anything with this offense.

It's hard to keep a defense guessing when you won't throw, and it doesn't really open the door for trickery or creativity when you can't execute the fundamentals. If Trent doesn't get some pine soon, we'll be calling for Gailey's head... I have NO IDEA how, what a player did in practice, but has spent 3 years showing you it doesn't translate to Sunday, gets to keep trying.

Chan, if you don't have any of the tapes, give me a call, or ask any fan here...minus the obviously obsessed Trent lovers, and this is what we feared was going to happen...he's broken. Put him on the shelf, and let's move on.

TMu11
09-20-2010, 05:03 AM
Everybody sucks, on and on and on...

We were in that game. The scoring drive looked real good. The o-line is a catastrophe when Edwards needs them, but serviceable when the RBs need them? That drive was old-school ball control, and put us back in the game.

Linemen have an easier time run blocking than pass blocking

Then we needed some passing yards...

Johnson should have made that catch...the ball did hit him in the hands...it was the wrong read, regardless of where the ball hit him.

Evans needs the ball thrown towards him. Other teams respect the **** out of his abilities. You get things like that interference call when you throw the ball. I thought at first that was a flag on Edwards, because he wasn't allowed to throw the ball that far.

HAHAHAHA

The Trent Edwards ship sailed last year. He hasn't changed a bit, from when he ruined half of my Sundays last year.

And more to come .. stay tuned

I refuse to say play him so we can draft some guy, sign him for 100 mil, and hope that the coin lands on heads instead of tails.

The Bills need to be more aggresive and proactive. The last decade has more than exemplified why "wait and see" isn't working out.

I say why don't we do what we did last year? Play our backup, and start winning some football games....even more than we lost.

But then... what would we ***** about?

The people that root for draft picks can go right ahead. I am going to pull for the Bills to win on Sunday. Gailey has no opportunity to do anything with this offense.

It's hard to keep a defense guessing when you won't throw, and it doesn't really open the door for trickery or creativity when you can't execute the fundamentals. If Trent doesn't get some pine soon, we'll be calling for Gailey's head... I have NO IDEA how, what a player did in practice, but has spent 3 years showing you it doesn't translate to Sunday, gets to keep trying.

If people could do this everyday in their jobs, we wouldnt be in a financial crisis. His Job security is through the roof, somehow.

Chan, if you don't have any of the tapes, give me a call, or ask any fan here...minus the obviously obsessed Trent lovers, and this is what we feared was going to happen...he's broken. Put him on the shelf, and let's move on

djjimkelly
09-20-2010, 05:08 AM
i think trent sucks probably more than anyone else on this board but it's hard to make a pass with only one second before a defender is in your face. the offensive line was so bad today it made me sick. i went out in the garage and did work while continuing watch the game on my garage tv because i didn't want to waste my whole day watching that **** show.

edit: there were a few times he had time and he sat there bouncing around like a ******. i wouldn't have any confidence either if i had that o-line in front of me. i would feel lucky to be able to walk onto the plane without crutches.

ive preached he sucks from the first time i saw him but we can share the titlte of top trent haters.

but i want him to go 0-16 this year so i want him to start

Thief
09-20-2010, 06:10 AM
I didn't click the link, but I don't think other did either. I believe the thread starter is referring to a play right before the half. It was 3rd and 6, we had a "bunch" of recievers to the left. Parrish went on a streak and NO ONE covered him, yet Trent threw a 3 yard pass to a double covered Johnson who gained 4 yards. Yes, again, 4 yards on 3rd and 6 when Rosco was WIDE open with no one near him.

Cleve
09-20-2010, 06:27 AM
It's amazing to me that we're wasting yet another season with Trent Edwards as the 'starter'. Much like J.P. Losman, this guy would be a third-string back up for any respectable competitive NFL team. Even a decent offensive line would have trouble scoring points with this guy in the pocket week after week.

Chan Gailey cannot coach talent into guys that don't have it... and Edwards has clearly demonstrated in seasons past to anyone with eyes that he doesn't have 'it'.