PDA

View Full Version : It's not coaching- it's the ****ing LACK OF TALENT

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure that it ever was coaching.

Three perfect examples:

1. Use of Stupar. On the first couple of drives the Bills ran to whatever side Stupar was on EVERY TIME. Sometimes they put him in motion and sometimes they didn't. I was pissed because it was very Jauron-like. But when the Bills finally started moving the ball, it's because they used Stupar as a decoy and to create mis-direction plays. They'd run a draw to the opposite side and Stupar would run behind the line to block, etc. They even had Stupar go in motion then return to the end of the line on the TD play to get the LB moving the wrong way. But it's not the coach's fault when the players start missing blocks, missing passes and holding the ball too long.

2. On the 3rd and short that was completed to Steve Johnson short of the first down (when the game was still reasonably close), Parrish was WIDE OPEN. Parrish runs ****ty routes. He's NEVER open. But the coaches devised a play that completely beat the coverage. But Edwards didn't seen him then threw to Johnson, who failed to get to the 1st down marker. It's not the coaches fault that Edwards and Johnson couldn't execute.

3. Disguising the pass rush. Early in the game, the Bills showed blitz and forced a GB timeout. After the TO, they showed the same blitz but backed out of it. They actually showed the same blitz numerous times- sometimes they ran it, and sometimes they didn't. And sometimes they blitzed from a different position. The problem? The pass rushers NEVER got there. Didn't matter if it was Kelsay or Florence on the corner blitz or pressure from the opposite side- the pass rush was horrendous. Again, not the coach's fault.

Look, I can't stand Jauron as a coach. I think he's a complete moron who thinks himself right out of games. But look at the steaming pile of **** he had to work with. It doesn't matter who our coaches are. The talent on this team is ****ing HORRENDOUS. There are CFL teams that could beat us.

WeAreArthurMoates
09-19-2010, 06:58 PM
I agree man, the talent is a serious issue. Ryan Mallett or bust.

Mr. Pink
I've been saying this for a few years now and got "it's the coaching."

Simply put, this team may have less talent than the 1999 Cleveland Browns had.

And the main problem is year after year, the organization pulls the "we know better than every other NFL franchise" card in the draft...all the way back to Donahoe.

This form of drafting has set us back year after year after year.

Every year we as fans see a light at the end of a tunnel and think, we're finally getting there! Too bad that light is a train that smacks us in the face.

I view the pick of Spiller no differently than the pick of McGahee. Although in a way it's worse, when Donahoe took a shot at McGahee, we were actually a better team that one could have thought was a piece or two away from contending in the AFC.

Novacane
No question the talent sucks. My question is why are they starting losers like Edwards and Johnson? If they suck someone else should get a chance but no! Gailey will keep shoving them out there telling us it's not their fault. Our players blow but we've had dopes for coaches and Gailey's another in that list IMO.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 06:59 PM
No one to blame but Nix.

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't even get me started on the Spiller pick.

I got trashed on this board for questioning the wisdom of selecting an RB when this team has so many other holes. I got lectured about "best player available" and "amazing talent."

Well, fast forward to two weeks into the season:
1. Spiller has looked ok- decent, but not great.
2. Our coaches didn't even put him on the field. Why bother drafting the guy if we're not going to use him?

It's completely illogical.

bills4ver
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
did u see Chris Kelsay out there he was like a high school kid playing in the NFL, he was just lost.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
No one to blame but Nix.
What?

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
did u see Chris Kelsay out there he was like a high school kid playing in the NFL, he was just lost.

By far, the worst player on the field today. He couldn't cover, he couldn't rush the passer, he couldn't stop the run. The guy should be cut IMMEDIATELY. I know we lack talent on our roster, but I refuse to believe that even Maybin and Ellis are THAT bad.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2010, 07:05 PM
It's been the drafting for the past 10 years. It's really that simple.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 07:05 PM
By far, the worst player on the field today. He couldn't cover, he couldn't rush the passer, he couldn't stop the run. The guy should be cut IMMEDIATELY. I know we lack talent on our roster, but I refuse to believe that even Maybin and Ellis are THAT bad.

I refuse to believe you personally would be any worse playing OLB for the Bills.

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
I refuse to believe you personally would be any worse playing OLB for the Bills.

I could have been just as bad for a HELL of a lot less money.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 07:09 PM

He moved up a spot - last week he was second worse.

And the one time he was actually making a play, Rogers got off a perfect pass and they scored a TD.

Ellis is way better. Start him and let him get some experience.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
What?
Simple enough statement to comprehend no?

Unless you thought I misspelled Stevie or Hakeem Nicks. But they have no bearing on the talent level on the Bills.

Billz_fan
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Well how about Maybin ? Did last years #1 pick even touch the field today ? Is he hurt ? did he miss the plane ?

Im serious I have no idea where this guy was or is.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Simple enough statement to comprehend no?

Unless you thought I misspelled Stevie or Hakeem Nicks. But they have no bearing on the talent level on the Bills.

Unless he drafted all of the **** on this team there are more to blame than just Nix.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Blame Butler for starting the mess...then Donahoe for starting the "we know better than the rest of the league" trend...through today.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Unless he drafted all of the **** on this team there are more to blame than just Nix.

Well he kept them, genius. And did nothing to upgrade the "****" as you call them.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM

And the main problem is year after year, the organization pulls the "we know better than every other NFL franchise" card in the draft...all the way back to Donahoe.

This form of drafting has set us back year after year after year

Correct. I can only remember ONE single solitary occasion in the past 10-12 years when our front office donkeys drafted some no name/one year wonder/injured/overweight/ underweight/ you name the adjective player, and many of us thought WTF did they just do were we the fans actually wrong.

That's a crying shame. That we as fans know more than these lames that get paid handsomely know.

The time we the fans were wrong was on Kenyatta Walker btw. We wanted him bad...the Bills passed..he busted and we drafted Clements.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
It's been the drafting for the past 10 years. It's really that simple.

When everybody wanted TD fired I said that TD wasn't the problem...it was the drafting and his choices of coaches...I also said that if they didn't clean house it would continue...I was wrong...when they got rid of TD and kept Modrak and Guy it got worse. Four years of wasted drafts.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Well he kept them, genius. And did nothing to upgrade the "****" as you call them.

Well genius, he can't very well cut 53 players.

Point is - he is not solely to blame as you claim.

Although the talent level is way below par. And hence my 3-13 predictions.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2010, 07:17 PM
When everybody wanted TD fired I said that TD wasn't the problem...it was the drafting and his choices of coaches...I also said that if they didn't clean house it would continue...I was wrong...when they got rid of TD and kept Modrak and Guy it got worse. Four years of wasted drafts.

Isn't TD responsible for drafting and picking coaches? And therefore it was his fault?

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM

Technically, he could have cut around 40 guys and picked up no name bums off the street and the end result L would be the same.

This team is badly in need of a complete roster overhaul, if this is a legitimate staff committed to winning football games I think only about 10 guys on this roster now will/should be here in 3 years.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Isn't TD responsible for drafting and picking coaches? And therefore it was his fault?
You misinterpreted. TD as a President was fine. He marketed the team and put fans in the seats and they were making money. The problem was the drafting and the coaching. Getting rid of him and keeping the other two was more detrimental to the team. They could have kept TD and turned the college evaluation process over to somebody else. TD was booted because RW was embarrassed over the way the fans were treated.

Bling
09-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Clearly... Marv Levy was a stupid hire. Is this where I said I told you so?

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 07:20 PM

No he can't. But I think Wood, Byrd, Freddy, Evans and a lot others are worthy of at least a roster spot and not getting cut. So that's cutting about I'd say 25-30 players, not too much to ask. We could have had Donovan, we could have had Vick, we could have drafted a pass rusher, could have drafted a Tackle. Could have traded for Gaither. Instead we have the same pile of dong roster as last year (minus our leading WR and our best pass rusher) plus one CJ Spiller who was on the field for a grand total of about 5 plays today on offense. Great job, Buddy Nix.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
You misinterpreted. TD as a President was fine. He marketed the team and put fans in the seats and they were making money. The problem was the drafting and the coaching. Getting rid of him and keeping the other two was more detrimental to the team. They could have kept TD and turned the college evaluation process over to somebody else. TD was booted because RW was embarrassed over the way the fans were treated.

Russ Brandon has done a fine job in the marketing role.

He's about the only front office guy worth a damn though.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM

They are not winning three.

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Russ Brandon has done a fine job in the marketing role.

He's about the only front office guy worth a damn though.
Is Modrak still in place?? Yes
Do the drafts still suck?? Yes. They may have actually gotten worse.

That's my point.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Is Modrak still in place?? Yes
Do the drafts still suck?? Yes. They may have actually gotten worse.

That's my point.

Modrak should have been shown the door when his buddy Donahoe was.

You'll get no argument out of me there.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Basically the 1st 2 rounds in the draft is what makes a team. Here's the Bills since 2000.

2000: 1 Eric Flowers 2 Travares Tillman

2001: 1 Nate Clements 2 Aaron Schobel 2 Travis Henry

2002: 1 Mike Williams 2 Josh Reed 2 Ryan Denney

2003: 1 Willis McGahee 2 Chris Kelsay

2004: 1 Lee Evans 1 JP Losman

2005: 2 Roscoe Parrish

2006: 1 Donte Whitner 1 John McCargo

2007: 1 Marshawn Lynch 2 Paul Posluszny

2008: 1 Leodis McKelvin 2 James Hardy

2009: 1 Aaron Maybin 1 Eric Wood 2 Jairus Byrd 2 Andy Levitre

How many Pro-Bowl apperance combined?

Any questions why its been a decade of crap?

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Modrak should have been shown the door when his buddy Donahoe was.

You'll get no argument out of me there.
Before that. TD could still be the Prez and the football duties could have been turned over to somebody else back in '05. But when TD dissed the fans and RW was embarrassed he sacked TD.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 07:27 PM
2001 was a quality draft!

1 out of 10 ain't bad is it?

Ebenezer
09-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Basically the 1st 2 rounds in the draft is what makes a team. Here's the Bills since 2000.

To be fair that is under four different GM/regimes. The common thread for the 2001-9 drafts is Modrak.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
I could have been just as bad for a HELL of a lot less money.

Aren't you an MMA guy? You at the very least could leg sweep, or break Brady's arm before you got banned from the league.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
2001 was a quality draft!

1 out of 10 ain't bad is it?
2009 would have been the best of them if the Bills would have drafted anybody in the 1st round besides Maybin.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM

How many Pro-Bowl apperance combined?

I only counted 7 pure busts out of that list. So % of total winners was good. The problem was the winners were all singles or doubles, with ZERO Homeruns, and only one triple (Clements).

topher180
09-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Wait, why does any of this matter? You say it's the talent, he says the coach, blah blah blah blah blah.

The entire franchise is unfocused and undisciplined. We are perenial losers and that's just how it is going to be as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner. It's really that simple. Stop looking for one or two magic pieces to be our savior. The culture needs to change and if the people at the top don't want/need to change it, they won't.

malo
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM

agreed. too much passing the buck. too much blaming prior regimes. nix had a full offeseason to upgrade the team. he downgraded WR and did nothing to improve OL. Could have traded lynch. so far nix is a failure.

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
To be fair that is under four different GM/regimes. The common thread for the 2001-9 drafts is Modrak.

Don't even bother. I've brought that up many times only to get the "well now Nix has final say!" argument.

topher180
09-19-2010, 07:54 PM
I only counted 7 pure busts out of that list. So % of total winners was good. The problem was the winners were all singles or doubles, with ZERO Homeruns, and only one triple (Clements).

So, define "winner', then define bust. Hate to break it to you but a lot of these guys wouldn't start on most other NFL teams.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
A few key players can make a whole team better. This isn't an excuse but we basically tried to plug many of these guys into the 3-4 where they arent clear fits. On O, we lack playmakers at a few key positions.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
So, define "winner', then define bust. Hate to break it to you but a lot of these guys wouldn't start on most other NFL teams.

I did define it..by classifying them into baseball hit analogous categories. I said we hit mostly singles and doubles, NOT triples and Homers.

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 08:00 PM
A few key players can make a whole team better. This isn't an excuse but we basically tried to plug many of these guys into the 3-4 where they arent clear fits. On O, we lack playmakers at a few key positions.

you are correct, if "a few key positions" means QB, WR, TE, LT and RT.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 08:00 PM
The main problem with this team is that they stay with players way too long. Trent is an example and so is Kelsay. These guys are great practice players that suck in the game.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 08:01 PM

LB, NT, CB too!

malo
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
The main problem with this team is that they stay with players way too long. Trent is an example and so is Kelsay. These guys are great practice players that suck in the game.

yet they don't want to "overpay" players like clements, winfield, fletcher, etc. instead it's a turnstile of below-average talent.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:04 PM

I'm fine with Nelson at TE (assuming he develops) but would add someone like Lance Kendricks or DJ Williams.

I want to watch Bell for this season before claiming we need a new LT.

Everyone knows I want a new QB.

I absolutely want a new RT but would like to see us take a long look at Meredith as well.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM

Everyone should have expected the defense to look terrible with what they were trying to plug in and play with.

The problem is why wasn't more done to turnover some of these guys? Like Stroud, Kelsay, Ellison, Poz, Mitchell, Schobel, McCargo...etc.

I'd rather go through being crap while developing guys...play Troup, Carrington, Edwards on the D-line for as much as possible seeing that is what now projects as the d-line of the future instead of keeping around Stroud and Williams who have value to get you either picks or other players.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM

The main issue is the acquisition of the wrong players (via draft and FA) in the first place. The secondary issue is that they won't cut their losses on them.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
LB, NT, CB too!

LB, yes

NT, maybe depending on whom... Jurell Casey is a guy I like a lot.

CB, no, McGee and McKelvin are fine for me, and even if we let Florence leave after the season I like the looks of some of our young guys,

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Everyone should have expected the defense to look terrible with what they were trying to plug in and play with.

The problem is why wasn't more done to turnover some of these guys? Like Stroud, Kelsay, Ellison, Poz, Mitchell, Schobel, McCargo...etc.

I'd rather go through being crap while developing guys...play Troup, Carrington, Edwards on the D-line for as much as possible seeing that is what now projects as the d-line of the future instead of keeping around Stroud and Williams who have value to get you either picks or other players.

I have no idea why we refuse to do more in FA. Its annoying.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm fine with Nelson at TE (assuming he develops) but would add someone like Lance Kendricks or DJ Williams.

I want to watch Bell for this season before claiming we need a new LT.

Everyone knows I want a new QB.

I absolutely want a new RT but would like to see us take a long look at Meredith as well.

I think our OT problems may not be as bad as the interior of the line, I too think Bell and Meredith need a solid chance. Not sure whats going on from Guard to Guard.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM
The main issue is the acquisition of the wrong players (via draft and FA) in the first place. The secondary issue is that they won't cut their losses on them.

If we cut our losses on loser draft picks we wouldn't have a team.

There isn't one draft pick that is dominate out there.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 08:17 PM

McKelvin is good, Wood was a good pick, Levitre was a good pick...

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 08:32 PM

lol.

I thought you were Mr. Optomist, what happened?

Again, I know we don't have dominant players (no triples, homers...), but just because they aren't dominant doesn't mean they all suck either.

topher180
09-19-2010, 08:32 PM
I did define it..by classifying them into baseball hit analogous categories. I said we hit mostly singles and doubles, NOT triples and Homers.

What does that even mean? That's a system of measurement now?

"Sooooo...is Donte Whitner a single or double guys? What do you think? I think he's a single dammit! So if he has only 3 tackles today, he's a single, but what about 5 tackles? Oh, then definately a double! Of course! Duhhhhh."

Get bent.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
How about a better system....

In the past decade you could make a shaky argument that we drafted 2 impact players in the first 2 rounds...Schobel and Clements..

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 08:37 PM
What does that even mean? That's a system of measurement now?

"Sooooo...is Donte Whitner a single or double guys? What do you think? I think he's a single dammit! So if he has only 3 tackles today, he's a single, but what about 5 tackles? Oh, then definately a double! Of course! Duhhhhh."

Get bent.

Are you drunk? If you think ALL of our players have zero value so be it, you have a right to your opinion no matter how misinformed it may be.

topher180
09-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Are you drunk? If you think ALL of our players have zero value so be it, you have a right to your opinion no matter how misinformed it may be.

You still haven't defended your position, but now you've resorting to making assumptions about me and putting words in my mouth.

You are trying to evaluate players with a weak analogy. And why? Because you are a homer, so when someone calls you on how ridiculous you are you called them misinformed. You still suck at life dude.

You'll avoid this I'm sure too, but let's try anyways. In what aspect of this argument am I misinformed? Please school me to your genius. Maybe you can use golf analogies this time?

Dujek
09-20-2010, 05:14 AM

Kelsay covering Finley did wonders for one of my fantasy teams though.

Dujek
09-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Technically, he could have cut around 40 guys and picked up no name bums off the street and the end result L would be the same.

This team is badly in need of a complete roster overhaul, if this is a legitimate staff committed to winning football games I think only about 10 guys on this roster now will/should be here in 3 years.

Let's see if I can think of 10 guys I would keep:

Jackson, Spiller, Evans, Nelson (the TE), Wood, Levitre, McKelvin, Florence, McGee, Moorman, Lindell.

Well, I got to 11, but as that's including our punter and kicker and 3 CBs it doesn't look great.

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 07:43 AM

I got trashed on this board for questioning the wisdom of selecting an RB when this team has so many other holes. I got lectured about "best player available" and "amazing talent."

2. Our coaches didn't even put him on the field. Why bother drafting the guy if we're not going to use him?

I love the bolded line.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 07:51 AM

The Spiller pick was the right pick. There are very few players that would have been better picks and they all went ahead of us.

Spiller = The best player available and we need talent on this team just as your thread suggests. Once we get a good QB and improve the OL Spiller will be a star. This team has a lack of PBers and you have to change that by adding the best players available through the draft.

OpIv37
09-20-2010, 08:52 AM
If he was the best player available, WHY AREN'T WE USING HIM?

superbills
09-20-2010, 09:10 AM
If he was the best player available, WHY AREN'T WE USING HIM?

There may be a method to this madness. Maybe Chan realizes that our OL is worse than garbage and is going to let the more "workhorse" RB's get the bulk of the carries and take the vicious hits. Spiller was put in there on a couple of third downs to take the swing pass, where he'll avoid the pounding more. Spiller can have more carries once we work out the turnstile situation in front of him.

TedMock
09-20-2010, 09:35 AM
I have no problem with this years draft. I actually liked the Spiller pick. I loved Wood, Byrd, Nelson and Levitre last year too. I was shocked by Maybin, of course, but so was everybody else. I completely agree with OP, however, that the overall team just flat-out lacks talent. I liked coach Moobs. I like Chan Gailey. I liked some of the young talent on the team. I do hate most of the players at this point, but we can't just cut everybody and sign a bunch of bums off the street either. It doesn't help to replace crap with crap. This team is at rock bottom and we now have to repair several years of an excellent marketing guy and coach who struggled with simple concepts picking and choosing the "talent" on the team. These guys made a mess. I can't realistically blame Nix for this. I hope to god he fixes it, but I won't hold my breath either. The guy undoubtedly understands the game. So does the head coach. Jon Guy was fired. Good move. Modrak is still around. Bad move. Bringing in the predecessor from Pittsburgh. Who knows? At this point the team HAS to draft well and NOT REACH just for need. We need playmakers. Talent. A nice mix of free agents would be great, but the real good players are not going to come here until we're competitive. I don't necessarily think Ralph is too cheap to pay. We've paid before, but we paid foolishly. A quality player just isn't going to go to a team destined to stink. Why would they? There's not good reason to do that. We got T.O. last year because nobody else wanted him. That was it. When we signed Spikes, Fletcher and Adams, we did so because the team actually looked promising. They don't now. We're not getting high-caliber free agents to come right now. We can get quality starters and backups though, who may be looking to establish themselves. We need to focus in that area right now. This team is starting from rock bottom and we won't attract talent until we draft talent and become competitive. It's just a frustrating reality.

soapman
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure that it ever was coaching.

Three perfect examples:

1. Use of Stupar. On the first couple of drives the Bills ran to whatever side Stupar was on EVERY TIME. Sometimes they put him in motion and sometimes they didn't. I was pissed because it was very Jauron-like. But when the Bills finally started moving the ball, it's because they used Stupar as a decoy and to create mis-direction plays. They'd run a draw to the opposite side and Stupar would run behind the line to block, etc. They even had Stupar go in motion then return to the end of the line on the TD play to get the LB moving the wrong way. But it's not the coach's fault when the players start missing blocks, missing passes and holding the ball too long.

2. On the 3rd and short that was completed to Steve Johnson short of the first down (when the game was still reasonably close), Parrish was WIDE OPEN. Parrish runs ****ty routes. He's NEVER open. But the coaches devised a play that completely beat the coverage. But Edwards didn't seen him then threw to Johnson, who failed to get to the 1st down marker. It's not the coaches fault that Edwards and Johnson couldn't execute.

3. Disguising the pass rush. Early in the game, the Bills showed blitz and forced a GB timeout. After the TO, they showed the same blitz but backed out of it. They actually showed the same blitz numerous times- sometimes they ran it, and sometimes they didn't. And sometimes they blitzed from a different position. The problem? The pass rushers NEVER got there. Didn't matter if it was Kelsay or Florence on the corner blitz or pressure from the opposite side- the pass rush was horrendous. Again, not the coach's fault.

Look, I can't stand Jauron as a coach. I think he's a complete moron who thinks himself right out of games. But look at the steaming pile of **** he had to work with. It doesn't matter who our coaches are. The talent on this team is ****ing HORRENDOUS. There are CFL teams that could beat us.

Here is why it is coaching...ready for this?

1. First down run, second down pass, third down pass.
2. 1st down run offset I, 2nd down run offset I, 3rd down 5 wide pass
3. 3rd and long screen play. Book it.
4. 3-4. Nuff said.

Now if I can pick that pattern, I'm pretty sure a trained eye can...just sayin.

OpIv37
09-20-2010, 10:32 AM

4. 3-4. Nuff said.

but the problem is that the coaches are working with the **** talent they're given. Remember against Miami? We tried to pass on 1st down numerous times, threw incomplete, then ended up in third and long each time. If we go offset I and power forward for 3 or 4 yards, at least the whole playbook is still open to us on 2nd down. One of the few things the offense did consistently yesterday was get 3-4 yards on those first down running plays. It was one of the few things that worked- why change it, especially when we know we can't pass?

BillyT92679
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM

4. 3-4. Nuff said.

because we don't have players who can execute more than those plays

soapman
09-20-2010, 10:49 AM
but the problem is that the coaches are working with the **** talent they're given. Remember against Miami? We tried to pass on 1st down numerous times, threw incomplete, then ended up in third and long each time. If we go offset I and power forward for 3 or 4 yards, at least the whole playbook is still open to us on 2nd down. One of the few things the offense did consistently yesterday was get 3-4 yards on those first down running plays. It was one of the few things that worked- why change it, especially when we know we can't pass?

I agree the players are trash ESPECIALLY THE QB whomever that is. However you don't really give your team a chance to win running the same 4 plays. It's bad preperation, bad game management, and it flat out cost us at least the game in miami. Yeah the miami game where we ran the RB draw from the shotgun in every single series. Are play calling is the worst it's been in the 10 year drought. So predictable.

soapman
09-20-2010, 10:50 AM
because we don't have players who can execute more than those plays

BS. We ran 8 different plays in that 2 minute drill in miami that got us 7. We have more plays, we just don't run them. If all we have is passes out the gun then dammit do that. Not the same friggin play over and over.