PDA

View Full Version : Several shots were called

BillsWin
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Coach Chan Gailey on the team's offensive struggles: "We’re trying to find the right combination of people and schemes to get this thing right. It’s not a quick fix proposition. We had several shots downfield called and we didn’t get them off. We were a bad offense in the second half."

Just so we don't start THAT debate again. :doh:

bills4ver
09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Trent Edwards should have been benched at half time, how many QB's lost there job today?

Vince Young
Jason Cambell
Matt Moore
David Garrard

might be a few more, I would take any of these guys over Trent Edwards but he still plays why?

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Trent Edwards should have been benched at half time, how many QB's lost there job today?

Vince Young
Jason Cambell
Matt Moore
David Garrard

might be a few more, I would take any of these guys over Trent Edwards but he still plays why?
Because apparently Buddy Nix thinks Torell Troup is a better option than Jimmy Clausen.

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't think the problem was ever that shots weren't called. I think that when they are called, half the time Edwards chickens out and checks down, and the other half the time he gets sacked before he can get the ball off.

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Because apparently Buddy Nix thinks Torell Troup is a better option than Jimmy Clausen.

Well, I watched every one of Jimmy Clausen's games at ND and I never once saw him play S/T. Terrell Troup played a lot of S/T today. So there.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Vince Young did not lose his job today. Fisher already said he's the starter next week.

As for Edwards maybe it's time to stop pushing a string.

I'm over him, the offensive line, and Evans.

Unless I am tied to a chair there is no reason to waste anymore time with these guys.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, I watched every one of Jimmy Clausen's games at ND and I never once saw him play S/T. Terrell Troup played a lot of S/T today. So there.

There you have it folks. Special Teams are more important than franchise QBs.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Trent Edwards has finally united the fan base about the Bills QB position.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
There you have it folks. Special Teams are more important than franchise QBs.

I think Claussen will be a worse NFL QB than Brady Quinn.

So skipping on him isn't a problem in my opinion.

There were QBs available in FA though that would do better than what we have.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM

Worse than Brady Quinn still falls under the "better than Edwards" category, so he'd be an improvement.

And I think he'd have put up more than 14 point in 2 games with us.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Worse than Brady Quinn still falls under the "better than Edwards" category, so he'd be an improvement.

And I think he'd have put up more than 14 point in 2 games with us.

Oddly enough, Brady Quinn is a carbon copy of Trent.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Oddly enough, Brady Quinn is a carbon copy of Trent.
Well he beat us on Monday Night a couple years back.:negrep::negrep:

Bad memories :ill:

BILLSROCK1212
09-19-2010, 07:17 PM
We weren't going to draft Clausen just to be a solid NFL QB at best...and an overwhelming number of NFL talent evaluators saw him as that...our strategy was to try and build a team and make the QB the final piece....similar to the Jets...unlike the past where we got the QB, the QB struggled in the wrong situation and then once we had the team around the QB, the QB was messed up beyond repair

HHURRICANE
09-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Trent Edwards has finally united the fan base about the Bills QB position.

Yes we are united until Fitz starts and than we'll have the Brohm debate raging.

The funniest part is that Fitz is the least of our problems. We could do alot worse as far as a backup QBs goes.

Trent is done here. Not all is fault but isn't part of the solution either.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Well he beat us on Monday Night a couple years back.:negrep::negrep:

Bad memories :ill:

RYAN ***** LEAF beat us!

Oh goodness..don't make me start a thread on how many disasters this franchise has put us through.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 07:23 PM

Agreed.

I wanted nothing to do with Claussen. Unfortunately for all the man love going around for Mallett..I get the same vibe from him. We'll see on both I guess.

kingJofNYC
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Does it really matter? We can't block anyone in the passing game, our OL is easily the worst in the league. You can't play football when you're giving up 6 sacks, just go home.

Billz_fan
09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Does it really matter? We can't block anyone in the passing game, our OL is easily the worst in the league. You can't play football when you're giving up 6 sacks, just go home.

I know what you are saying however, wasn't Aaron Rodgers sacked more than anyone last year ?

kingJofNYC
09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Sure was, and I understand where you're coming from, but we don't have the talent on offense that GB does. Rodgers is also pretty awesome.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I didnt have a big problem with the play calling actually. There haven't been head scratchers so far.

I have a problem with the execution. When you cant move the ball through the air, teams will pin their ears back and gun for you on 3rd downs. You have to be able to throw the ball.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Vince Young did not lose his job today. Fisher already said he's the starter next week.

As for Edwards maybe it's time to stop pushing a string.

I'm over him, the offensive line, and Evans.

Unless I am tied to a chair there is no reason to waste anymore time with these guys.

Come on, HH...you know that you'll be on here tomorrow saying how it wasn't Trent's fault.

homeslice5484
09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Fitz might not be great, but he commands the offense. He is innacurate, but he takes the risks. Thats all we can ask for at this point...although I say just put Brohm in there and see what happens

Novacane
09-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Come on, HH...you know that you'll be on here tomorrow saying how it wasn't Trent's fault.

Tomorrow? He's already backtracking on blaming Trent :lol:

Trent is done here. Not all is fault but isn't part of the solution either.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Actually, you know what, I hated the guy, don't think he's in any way shape or form an NFL QB but what the hell...

Call JP Losman now and get him in on Monday.

At least he'll throw the ball up a few times a game and will provide some comic relief while running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

more cowbell
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Steve Johnson as a #2 reciever is a about as funny as Demetrius Bell, Cornell Green, and Trent Edwards as starters as well.

I defended Edwards last week, there was still awful o-line play today, but you know what ....just DO SOMETHING different...I cant stand watching the SAME THING every week.