PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see Donte Whitner....

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
drop what would have been a 99 yard pick 6, then proceed to point at the end zone and run his mouth at Rodgers? REALLY?

And did anyone see him bail when he had the shot to unload on Brandon Jackson inside the 5 fairly late in the game? Jackson was already being slowed down from behind and Donte was coming in like a rocket, then slowed down at the last possible second. So much for the "big hitter" label.

Oh, and in typical fashion he got beat one on one by the TE.

Yes, I'm well aware that Donte was far from the worst player on the field today. Yes, I'm well aware that S's don't usually cover one on one (but I firmly believe they should be able to run one on one with a TE). I'm just sick of guys that don't make plays but still run their trap.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2010, 08:02 PM
drop what would have been a 99 yard pick 6, then proceed to point at the end zone and run his mouth at Rodgers? REALLY?

And did anyone see him bail when he had the shot to unload on Brandon Jackson inside the 5 fairly late in the game? Jackson was already being slowed down from behind and Donte was coming in like a rocket, then slowed down at the last possible second. So much for the "big hitter" label.

Yes, I'm well aware that Donte was far from the worst player on the field today. Yes, I'm well aware that S's don't usually cover one on one (but I firmly believe they should be able to run one on one with a TE). I'm just sick of guys that don't make plays but still run their trap.

Yep saw him blow a pick 6 today. As usual they play well enough to keep a roster spot but not win games.

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Yep saw him blow a pick 6 today. As usual they play well enough to keep a roster spot but not win games.

And this is the mentality that this organization has to get away from.

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 08:04 PM

once again, I need to steal the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval:

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/ssim51.gif

Buffalo Bills draft picks: They're not just good- they're good enough!

Novacane
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Whitner would get a lot less crap from fans if he did not run his trap so much.

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM

Thank you.

We're Bills fans. We're accustomed to mediocrity. We just don't like it when people bring public attention to said mediocrity.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM

I actually agree with this.

He's an average NFL S but he runs his mouth like he's a star. Doing that draws the ire from most of the fanbase.

He's far from a problem on this team but he's also not part of the solution.

YardRat
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Gotta make that play.

we are
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
I actually agree with this.

He's an average NFL S but he runs his mouth like he's a star. Doing that draws the ire from most of the fanbase.

He's far from a problem on this team but he's also not part of the solution.

he actually is a problem....i mean, what does he do well?

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM
he actually is a problem....i mean, what does he do well?

He doesn't excel in any area but he's not extremely deficient in any areas either.

Hence my point, he's average.

If he shut his mouth people wouldn't nitpick when he makes a mistake. Every NFL player makes a mistake from time to time. Even Troy "the hair!"

BlackMetalNinja
09-19-2010, 09:32 PM
I wrote about this in my article for my site last week. Multiple times in Week 1 I saw him tackle a guy AFTER giving up a first down and then run his mouth at the guy. Last year on twitter I said it was too bad he was better at running his mouth on Twitter than playing football, for which he subsequently blocked me. The fact that we used the #8 overall pick on the guy makes me I'll like no other pick. Though Maybin is closing ground quickly.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I think Whitner might be gay. It's the only explanation.

Philagape
09-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Whitner's in-game Tweet:

"wht wuz th@ brown thin th@ hit me in handz?"

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I wrote about this in my article for my site last week. Multiple times in Week 1 I saw him tackle a guy AFTER giving up a first down and then run his mouth at the guy. Last year on twitter I said it was too bad he was better at running his mouth on Twitter than playing football, for which he subsequently blocked me. The fact that we used the #8 overall pick on the guy makes me I'll like no other pick. Though Maybin is closing ground quickly.

At least Whitners serviceable, Maybin is a flat out bum who can't crack the starting lineup of one of, if not the, worst defenses in the NFL.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Whitner's in-game Tweet:

"wht wuz tha brown thin tha hit me in handz?"

Marshawn's response:

"u no we aint a pozed ta b doin dis Lol"

Billz_fan
09-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Marshawn's response:

"u no we aint a pozed ta b doin dis Lol"

LMAO :D nice

malo
09-19-2010, 09:59 PM
what's with his habit of flying in late on tackles leading with his back?

BADTHINGSMAN
09-20-2010, 03:15 AM

shows he can run his mouth but cant take any criticism.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-20-2010, 03:18 AM
what's with his habit of flying in late on tackles leading with his back?

ive wondered this myself.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-20-2010, 03:25 AM
drop what would have been a 99 yard pick 6,

he was probably thinking about what his next tweet would be. this worthless hack cares more about his tweets then he does about wanting to improve himself.

Bravo82
09-20-2010, 03:57 AM
The Whitner hate on Bills boards these days is almost as bad as the Stevie Johnson love IMHO :clown:

OpIv37
09-20-2010, 08:47 AM
The Whitner hate on Bills boards these days is almost as bad as the Stevie Johnson love IMHO :clown:
The Steve Johnson love is long gone, at least on this board. And the Whitner "hate" isn't hate- it's fan frustration with a high draft pick who makes mediocre contributions and doesn't live up to the hype- even the hype he creates for himself.

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2010, 08:59 AM
The Steve Johnson love is long gone, at least on this board. And the Whitner "hate" isn't hate- it's fan frustration with a high draft pick who makes mediocre contributions and doesn't live up to the hype- even the hype he creates for himself.Well that shoe fits about 3 quarters of this team now doesn't it?

we are
09-20-2010, 09:26 AM
He doesn't excel in any area but he's not extremely deficient in any areas either.

Hence my point, he's average.

If he shut his mouth people wouldn't nitpick when he makes a mistake. Every NFL player makes a mistake from time to time. Even Troy "the hair!"

see this is where i disagree, i think whitner is beyond awful in pass coverage....he can't cover ANYONE, and he has no ball skills what so ever

RockStar36
09-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Whiter is garbage, plain and simple.

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Here is what I think. It starts at the beginning of every preseason where you have these media guys ragging on this team for about 2 or 3 months telling us how bad they are going to be. Then a guy like Whitner will come out and say something like "we are going to make the playoffs this year", to get the fans riled up, only to watch this team open it up every season and fall apart.

After about 9 or 10 years of that kind of routine, it tends to wear on the fan base a little. I don't think it's so much a thing against Whitner as it is the frustration of what we see year after year of failed promises and empty rhetoric. With Whitner being one of the vocal leaders on the team, he just makes himself a bigger target for the criticism that is really meant for the entire team and front office in general. Of course, I'm going off an assumption and personal feeling here. I could be wrong but I'll be willing to bet I'm not far off.

TacklingDummy
09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
The Steve Johnson love is long gone, at least on this board. And the Whitner "hate" isn't hate- it's fan frustration with a high draft pick who makes mediocre contributions and doesn't live up to the hype- even the hype he creates for himself. How's Jay Cutler looking this year? Or Ngata, or Cromartie or Joseph or DeAngelo Williams or Mangold or Addai?

topher180
09-20-2010, 11:42 AM

So true, amen. And another thing, anyone notice that he has poor tackling mechanics, especially near the sidelines? Twice yesterday I saw him wildly throw a shoulder instead of hitting, driving, and wrapping. He's drank his own bath water so much he actually believes he is some kind of force back there. What a joke.

Historian
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
The Steve Johnson love is long gone, at least on this board. And the Whitner "hate" isn't hate- it's fan frustration with a high draft pick who makes mediocre contributions and doesn't live up to the hype- even the hype he creates for himself.

Ture.

The guy's a douche.....I even de-friended him on facebook.

cba fan
09-20-2010, 04:19 PM
he was probably thinking about what his next tweet would be. this worthless hack cares more about his tweets then he does about wanting to improve himself.

He calls himself "Twhitner" on the tweet website.

I think he misspelled it. It should be "Twitt-ner".

He is useless in my book. Just shut up and play like the backup FS or SS you should be and would be on any other team than Bills.

Hold all celebrations unitil you actually make a good play, dumb ass.