PDA

View Full Version : What if both luck and mallet don't come out

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Luck is a redshirt sophomore, isn't mallet a junior?

So what happens if both of them don't come out.....then we are screwed

I do not want locker

Nighthawk
09-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Mallett is definitely coming out...I'm hoping Luck does too. If they don't...Ughh...just uggh!

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Mallett is definitely coming out...I'm hoping Luck does too. If they don't...Ughh...just uggh!

what makes you think he is "definitely coming out" a lockout is looming, not an ideal year to come out....

YardRat
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
We should be looking for a FA vet regardless of who's available in the draft.

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
ya sure FA qb but that will just bring us back to mediocrity if we are gonna hit rock bottom we need a franchise qb!

OpIv37
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
this team has PLENTY of holes. If those guys don't come out- or if they're not all they're cracked up to be- getting a stud LT or LB with our first rounder is fine with me.

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
this team has PLENTY of holes. If those guys don't come out- or if they're not all they're cracked up to be- getting a stud LT or LB with our first rounder is fine with me.

ehh if we have the top 1-3 picks I would be pretty disappointed with a linebacker or a LT unless they are Elite

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:09 PM

I do not want locker

I would look at some one like Gabbert (also a junior) or Devlin.

One or both will come out... I will be shocked if neither does.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:10 PM
what makes you think he is "definitely coming out" a lockout is looming, not an ideal year to come out....

Don't forget that chances are very good for a rookie cap and it would make little difference in that case to stay.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM

We will have one... Fitz. He's signed through next year.

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I would look at some one like Gabbert (also a junior) or Devlin.

One or both will come out... I will be shocked if neither does.

look at it if your an agent, you want your client to come out with this mess of all the new union negotiations or whatnot going on....

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM

Right now I dont see a player at either position being worthy of a top 3 pick.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM
look at it if your an agent, you want your client to come out with this mess of all the new union negotiations or whatnot going on....Decertification means no lockout as well.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Can we take Mark Ingram then?!?

Who by the way will be a better pro than Reggie Bush Jr.

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM

:couch:

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:15 PM

Man, Mr. Negativity tonight.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Man, Mr. Negativity tonight.

I was kidding about the first statement of my post :rofl:

But not the second.

Mad Max
09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Don't forget that chances are very good for a rookie cap and it would make little difference in that case to stay.

I thought about this. Since there may (probably) be some sort of rookie cap in 2012, doesn't it make more sense for highly touted Juniors to come out this year with no cap in place in order to capture the last of the huge guaranteed paydays?

If it means a guaranteed 50mil by coming out this year for say someone like Luck, as opposed to say a 10mil/ 3year cap in 2012..I'm pretty sure Luck as smart as he is is coming out.

X-Era
09-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I thought about this. Since there may (probably) be some sort of rookie cap in 2012, doesn't it make more sense for highly touted Juniors to come out this year with no cap in place in order to capture the last of the huge guaranteed paydays?

If it means a guaranteed 50mil by coming out this year for say someone like Luck, as opposed to say a 10mil/ 3year cap in 2012..I'm pretty sure Luck as smart as he is is coming out.

I think, and anyone can correct me on this, that they still hold the draft and would still sign the rookies to contracts. Since the contracts usually get signed in July, I would be shocked if they dont have the new CBA by then. And even if they dont, they still have the rights to the players.

With no new CBA, they probably wont get contracts done. Especially since they usually dont sign them until July anyways. The draft will still happen and the teams will still have the rights to the players they draft. And the new CBA looks like it will include a rookie cap.

I guess I feel like the only way the 2011 rookie class gets a big payday is if they dont add a rookie cap to the new CBA and thats unlikely.

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2010, 09:08 PM
we need a little luck. i really hope he comes out. i watched him saturday. he looks really good.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Left tackle. Period. Get the best darn O-lineman you can splurge on-- and not a fat toad like last time.

don137
09-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Underclassmen are in a precarious position. They comeout early next year and they risk not playing due to a lockout. They stay in school and they risk a rookie salary cap in 2012.

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Ill take Adrian Clayborn and call it a good day.

T-Long
09-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Who do you like more DB....Luck or Mallett? In terms of a Buffalo QB, not just overall...who fits best?

superbills
09-20-2010, 08:34 AM
I would put Nick Foles in the conversation. He's leading Arizona to quite the start and had a huge game against Iowa this past weekend. At the very least, there are other options out there other than Luck and Mallett. No need to panic if they stay in school.

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Who do you like more DB....Luck or Mallett? In terms of a Buffalo QB, not just overall...who fits best?

Luck.

Mallett's second half v. Georgia scares me.

hydro
09-20-2010, 08:46 AM

He projected as a 3-4 DE?

Johnny Bugmenot
09-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Decertification means no lockout as well.
Don't bet on it.

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
He projected as a 3-4 DE?

Yes, he's 6'4, 285 and a beast to block. He has both and outside and inside move to compliment his power rush, and is excellent at the POA.

Watch last year's Orange Bowl as he is the guy consistently ruining Tech's option game.

tat2dmike77
09-20-2010, 04:05 PM

Is Troy Smith still available?

wmoz11
09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=3279 (http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=3279)

Sources have told us Andrew Luck and family members are being coy about where the Stanford passer will be playing football next year. Right now those intimate with the situation feel Luck will enter the ’11 draft, baring an unforeseen disaster.

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=3279 (http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=3279)

:boom:

Jan Reimers
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
I'll realize our Luck has run out and smash myself in the head with a Mallett.

Or go on with my life.

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Andrew Luck has already publicly stated that he will not leave school before getting his degree.

Now he is in his third academic year at Stanford and since academic transcripts are kept private, he MAY OR MAY NOT be on track to graduate early.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for TFY, so I take this with far more than a grain of salt but it says nothing to change the fact about his degree.

billz83
09-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Simple FA..but knowing the bills they will resign captain checkdown and then bench him a few games in and go with the backup..deja vuuuu?!?

Extremebillsfan247
09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
ehh if we have the top 1-3 picks I would be pretty disappointed with a linebacker or a LT unless they are EliteWhat if there is another Suh sitting there when we pick though? If these top prospect QBs don't come out for next years draft, what is your plan? just draft any QB available and hope he sticks? If that potential scenario happens, then you have to start looking at other options. We are rebuilding. There are plenty of holes to fill on both sides of the ball on this team. We can't lose no matter who we select that high unless that pick turns out to be an expensive bust. JMO

Bangarang
09-21-2010, 01:23 AM

I do not want locker

http://blogs.urbanbaby.com/buzz/files/2010/07/kid-crying.jpg

dannyek71
09-21-2010, 11:44 AM

He'll likely be BPA

stuckincincy
09-21-2010, 11:55 AM

Then they are rolling the dice, hoping that the NFL has a lockout and it emerges like MLB, where caps no longer exist, and there will be 5 or 6 clubs that will pay prices that renders the rest of the league's teams a bunch of never-will-be's...