X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topher180
    • Sep 2008

Optimism...

...is not the same as the denial some of you are in. At the end of the day, you are a consumer as much as you are a fan. The Bills will never make the playoffs as long as Ralph Wilson owns this team. Come to grips with it, and detacth youself emotionally. It'd doesn't make you less of a fan, it just makes you a little brighter than those who do not.

Again, would you keep buying the same take out if it tasted like ****? Would you buy the same make and model car if the last one you had broke down every month?

No one is impressed by you and your lofty statements about how big a fan you are, and this "don't let the door hit ya" attitude. Get a life, take it for what it is, and realize it's just a game.

inĀ·ept
    Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

• thejosh213
    • Jan 2010

Re: Optimism...

Starting to see it that way

Comment

• malo
      • Sep 2009

you're right. it's like a battered housewife. can't blame her for not sticking to her marriage vows.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

There is a world of difference between take out or a car & a football team that you grew up loving. To say don't get emotionally attached is like telling your friend that has a cheating girlfriend to not be emotionally attached. That said, anyone that expected this year to play out any different is deluding themself.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days
          There is a world of difference between take out or a car & a football team that you grew up loving. To say don't get emotionally attached is like telling your friend that has a cheating girlfriend to not be emotionally attached. That said, anyone that expected this year to play out any different is deluding themself.

What happened to just changing from Jauron to a new HC was gonna win us 3-4 more games a year?

That was a big theme this offseason and into/through preseason.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            What happened to just changing from Jauron to a new HC was gonna win us 3-4 more games a year?

That was a big theme this offseason and into/through preseason.
            We will find out soon what is going on. The Bills played two tough teams. There were some good signs, the defense played pretty well considering.

If Chan keeps Trent at QB it can only be because they have decided to try for the best draft pick next year. In that case I still think the Bills will win 2 or 3 games. If he finally sits Trent they should win about 6 games IMO.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

We will find out soon what is going on. The Bills played two tough teams. There were some good signs, the defense played pretty well considering.

If Chan keeps Trent at QB it can only be because they have decided to try for the best draft pick next year. In that case I still think the Bills will win 2 or 3 games. If he finally sits Trent they should win about 6 games IMO.

If you think giving up 34 points is playing well your standards are very low.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

As sad as it is, I will feel like starting someone at QB who gets us 6 wins is sabotaging the team.

If your rebuilding and your at the bottom, accept a horrible season and use the draft.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Plenty of room on the Jets bandwagon. Go get on.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
                    As sad as it is, I will feel like starting someone at QB who gets us 6 wins is sabotaging the team.

If your rebuilding and your at the bottom, accept a horrible season and use the draft.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      Hey, nice meeting you by the way.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Hey, nice meeting you by the way.
                        You as well.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                          Plenty of room on the Jets bandwagon. Go get on.
                          I only hope that when we see the light after gaining a franchise QB we will spend a little money and round out the team. Not as much as the Jets but significantly more than we usually do.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

I only hope that when we see the light after gaining a franchise QB we will spend a little money and round out the team. Not as much as the Jets but significantly more than we usually do.
                            I only hope that the team stays in Buffalo. If that happens, I think the other things will work themselves out eventually.

As with being splashy with free agents and such, we did that under Donahoe and that didn't get us anywhere. He seemed to be good at getting good coordinators in here, unfortunately they were our head coaches.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              If you think giving up 34 points is playing well your standards are very low.
                              The game was played in Green Bay. A defense can only do so much, I did not expect them to put a goose egg on the Pack, but yeah my standards are low for the year.

The 1st quarter the defense held them to 6 points when they could easily have given up 14, that is what I am talking about. Signs of good things to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X