PDA

View Full Version : Gailey's Pride

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 08:17 AM
When Gailey was asked in the PC if he might have underestimated the amount of work it was going to take to get this offense going the look on his face indicated that the reporter read his thoughts exactly. Gailey responded by confirming that he realizes that he did in fact underestimate how bad they are.

I think that if any one factor pushes Gailey to pull Trent it will be his pride in himself and his reputation around the league as an offensive guru.

When Trent stinks it up against NE and NY (hope he doesn't last that long) Gailey will pull the plug on him. Coaches that have a good rep don't like it being messed with.

T-Long
09-20-2010, 08:21 AM
It's gonna take an Edwards injury for Fitzto get the call.

better days
09-20-2010, 08:21 AM
When Gailey was asked in the PC if he might have underestimated the amount of work it was going to take to get this offense going the look on his face indicated that the reporter read his thoughts exactly. Gailey responded by confirming that he realizes that he did in fact underestimate how bad they are.

I think that if any one factor pushes Gailey to pull Trent it will be his pride in himself and his reputation around the league as an offensive guru.

When Trent stinks it up against NE and NY (hope he doesn't last that long) Gailey will pull the plug on him. Coaches that have a good rep don't like it being messed with.

After looking at film from the 1st two games, if Chan keeps Trent at QB it can only be for one reason.........to lose games & get the best draft pick possible. I think Chan can see by now that Trent is a practice player, not a gamer.

Michael82
09-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I hope that Gailey is trying to convince Nix to trade for Tyler Thigpen...

Michael82
09-20-2010, 08:24 AM
And if you are one of the teams in our division, why the hell would you injure Trent Edwards? You want him to stay in the game! lol

WeAreArthurMoates
09-20-2010, 08:25 AM

Ya that would be awesome. Tyler could start next week and put up much better numbers than Trent.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 08:27 AM
I doubt the Dolphins do anything to help us.

Cleve
09-20-2010, 08:30 AM
And if you are one of the teams in our division, why the hell could you injure Trent Edwards? You want him to stay in the game! lol

hahahaha, truth in that.

The Packer's Clay Matthews (and Matthew's Agent) must think Edwards is the greatest thing since sliced bread. How much did Matthew's market value sky-rocket after yesterday's game? :)

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Seeing Fitz warm up for about 3 seconds yesterday brought a tear to my eye.

The thing about Fitz though is that I think he should only be the backup if it's a temporary fix. But if Gailey actually decides to bench Trent for good then they should skip over Fitz and go right to Brohm.

Fitz would be redundant. Kind of like the last 15 years of Bills football.

TacklingDummy
09-20-2010, 08:31 AM

Switching QB's is like switching toilet paper.

psubills62
09-20-2010, 08:32 AM
hahahaha, truth in that.

The Packer's Clay Matthews (and Matthew's Agent) must think Edwards is the greatest thing since sliced bread. How much did Matthew's market value sky-rocket after yesterday's game? :)

Matthews had 3 sacks, same number as he had in Week 1.

And as far as trading for Thigpen...no way I want to trade within the division. Why bother? Thigpen is serviceable at best.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 08:33 AM
And if you are one of the teams in our division, why the hell could you injure Trent Edwards? You want him to stay in the game! lol
If I'm Belickick I make sure my pass rushers go easy on Trent next week. Bear hug him to the ground and help him up.

The key to victory for the Pats is keeping Trent as comfortable as healthy as possible.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Matthews had 3 sacks, same number as he had in Week 1.

And as far as trading for Thigpen...no way I want to trade within the division. Why bother? Thigpen is serviceable at best.
We pray for "serviceable" every day here at BZ.

psubills62
09-20-2010, 08:37 AM
We pray for "serviceable" every day here at BZ.

I would like serviceable, but not when you have to overpay to get it. Sorry, not worth it.

Cleve
09-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Both Edwards and Fitzpatrick are back-up caliber quarterbacks... at best. They're the kind of guys, if you're the head coach, you bring out from the sidelines 10 minutes into the 4th quarter when your team is ahead by 3 touchdowns. Then you want them to check down and run a lot of rushing plays just to eat up the clock and keep the ball safe.

When Edwards plays, people hope they bring out Fitzpatrick. When Fitzpatrick plays, fans hope they bring back Edwards. How many times have we seen this?

This sort of situation is the inevitable consequence when the team is micro-managed by one of the cheapest and least-capable owners in the NFL today.

T-Long
09-20-2010, 08:54 AM
That makes too much sense for it to happen

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 09:03 AM
If Gailey had any pride, he wouldn't have taken this joke of a job in the first place.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Its going to take a lot more than just pulling Trent as well although its a start

BillsWin
09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Give Brohm a go. What have we got to lose?

ddaryl
09-20-2010, 10:31 AM

no it won't... Gailey will pull the plug before this IMO... Hopefully before next Sundays' game is over with.

Michael82
09-20-2010, 10:48 AM
The more I think about it, I don't see Gailey benching Trent Edwards yet. I think he might wait til the bye. The main reason is because the moment he benches him, he's done for the season. There is no going back to Trent Edwards once you bench him for a game. I don't think Gailey wants to do that yet. He wants to be 100% sure that he can not ever be the Trent Edwards from before the Arizona Cardinals game....I also don't think he wants Fitzpatrick to come in...he wants to keep Edwards out there until Brian Brohm is ready.

djjimkelly
09-20-2010, 10:57 AM
on a funny note jason campbell who 75% of this board wanted as the qb was yanked this weekend.

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2010, 11:07 AM
The more I think about it, I don't see Gailey benching Trent Edwards yet. I think he might wait til the bye. The main reason is because the moment he benches him, he's done for the season. There is no going back to Trent Edwards once you bench him for a game. I don't think Gailey wants to do that yet. He wants to be 100% sure that he can not ever be the Trent Edwards from before the Arizona Cardinals game....I also don't think he wants Fitzpatrick to come in...he wants to keep Edwards out there until Brian Brohm is ready.

I am sure. Period. He wasn't even that good before that game...he was Tyler Thigpen...serviceable. Last year was the same **** show from Trent...following the implosion of '08.

We actually ran yesterday, and did it well. Then every, EVERY, time we had to pass, it was a ****ing catastrophe.

NFL teams don't play for draft picks. Period. Get a QB in there. There are 2 on the bench.

They're no good, right? Their Trent's backup, and Fitz is a "great backup," and Brohm was "cut in GB," right? Let me see it. That's what I want as a fan of this team. Show me they are worse than Trent....Fitzy sure as **** was a lot better than him last year. Do you remember?

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
on a funny note jason campbell who 75% of this board wanted as the qb was yanked this weekend.

So was Vince Young.

Your point?

The King
09-20-2010, 11:18 AM

This is another short term answer... we just need to ride this out.

djjimkelly
09-20-2010, 11:43 AM
So was Vince Young.

Your point?

my point is simple there are about 15-20 nfl caliber qbs in the nfl 90% of them are drafted very early in the draft and most of the time if they are good their original team keeps them

and please dont bring up the brady story or the brees story or the tony homo story.