PDA

View Full Version : Both Interceptions Were Mosty Edwards Fault

mchurchfie
09-20-2010, 09:59 AM
The first one he dumped off tro Johnson like he usually does for what wouldn't have even been a first down when he had Roscoe Parrish open for a first down on the left side. Even though Johnson should have caught it he left him in a precarious position to get nailed. The second one he didn't even check out the situation he just dumped it off to Roscoe when he had a defender lined up right in his face. Even though Parrish should have hung on he really didn't have a chance. ALL results of bad decision making on Edward's part. This dude absolutely sucks and what is worse is that he is the biggest pussy we have EVER had for a QB. He has no balls at all, get him out of town!!

BillsWin
09-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I heard Losman is available. He had balls. Dumb as a post, but he had moxie.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 10:10 AM
The first one he dumped off tro Johnson like he usually does for what wouldn't have even been a first down when he had Roscoe Parrish open for a first down on the left side. Even though Johnson should have caught it he left him in a precarious position to get nailed. The second one he didn't even check out the situation he just dumped it off to Roscoe when he had a defender lined up right in his face. Even though Parrish should have hung on he really didn't have a chance. ALL results of bad decision making on Edward's part. This dude absolutely sucks and what is worse is that he is the biggest pussy we have EVER had for a QB. He has no balls at all, get him out of town!!
Yes. Edwards threw the first one too far outside for Johnson and made him reach. It was a 3 yard pass so anything but a perfect pass into the numbers is shocking. It was also the wrong read.

The second one was intercepted because Edwards took 10 minutes to throw that ball to Parrish. Not sure why he had to wind up and lift his leg to throw it. It should be a snap throw.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 10:12 AM
I heard Losman is available. He had balls. Dumb as a post, but he had moxie.
If you had to choose between Edwards combing and patting his hair throughout a PC or Losman licking his lips and face over a few times what would you choose?

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2010, 10:13 AM

The first one hit Johnson right on the hands, any other receiver in the league would've caught that and instead he slapped it right to a defender. Who cares if it wasn't for a first down? he miffed a catchable ball. Roscoe got punked from the football after he caught it. He was stripped. But you want to sit here and have me believe those were Edwards fault? lol did you watch those plays?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I dont know why you guys keep picking on Trent.
He's the mostest awesomeest dude and what a great QB... if he had people around him to help he'd be probowl fer sure.

PUUUUUUUKKKKKEEEEE!
Sarcasm off now

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
The first one hit Johnson right on the hands, any other receiver in the league would've caught that and instead he slapped it right to a defender. Who cares if it wasn't for a first down? he miffed a catchable ball. Roscoe got punked from the football after he caught it. He was stripped. But you want to sit here and have me believe those were Edwards fault? lol did you watch those plays?

Some peoples hatred for Trent Edwards overshadows their objectivity to everything that else that is going wrong around him. That's about the best I can do to explain it.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
It was a 3 yard throw. No WR expects a 3 yard throw to be thrown that far out of reach. Yes he got his hands on it but it was a horrible throw.

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2010, 10:18 AM
I dont know why you guys keep picking on Trent.
He's the mostest awesomeest dude and what a great QB... if he had people around him to help he'd be probowl fer sure.

PUUUUUUUKKKKKEEEEE!
Sarcasm off nowLook, you all knew before this game even started that Trent isn't a good QB. So why all the shock and awe? does that excuse the bad play by receivers who cant catch footballs or an oline that cant block? Trent isn't the only bad player on that offense and every one of you know that. Yet the first words out of anyone here is how bad he is. News Flash!!! THIS WHOLE TEAM IS BAD. Just replacing him will fix nothing. You can take that to the bank.

ddaryl
09-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Johnson cut off the route and was preparing to sit in space.

Not sure if he was supposed to stop or keep coming across the middle, but none the less it was another Edwards pass that was too short to be make 1st down.. and if Johnson catches that ball he get lit up massively by th eLB's that cheat knowing they don't ever have to worry about the deep stuff.

both players looked like chumps on that INT

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Look, you all knew before this game even started that Trent isn't a good QB. So why all the shock and awe? does that excuse the bad play by receivers who cant catch footballs or an oline that cant block? Trent isn't the only bad player on that offense and every one of you know that. Yet the first words out of anyone here is how bad he is. News Flash!!! THIS WHOLE TEAM IS BAD. Just replacing him will fix nothing. You can take that to the bank.
Tell that to the Raiders who improved INSTANTLY when they replaced Russell with Gradkowski last year and again when they replaced Campbell with Grad yesterday.

He gave the offense instant production. Darrius Heyward-Bey had his best game as a pro and McFadden rushed for over 100 yards.

QB QB QB... then everything else.

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Tell that to the Raiders who improved INSTANTLY when they replaced Russell with Gradkowski last year and again when they replaced Campbell with Grad yesterday.

He gave the offense instant production. Darrius Heyward-Bey had his best game as a pro and McFadden rushed for over 100 yards.

QB QB QB... then everything else.

Benching a guy who was brought in to be the savior to that franchise isn't exactly instant improvement is it? The Raiders had to go to a backup QB just to try and get a spark out of that offense. I doubt very seriously that Gradkowski is taking them to the next level. Sorry but that was a very bad example of how replacing a QB changes anything.

We could do the same thing here with Fitzpatrick. He won 5 of our games last year. We wont be going to any play off games with him but like you say, QB QB QB then everything else. But your leaving out one crucial element. It takes a team to win in this league. Without one, you end up right back where this team is right now. What good is a QB if he has no receivers to throw to, or an Oline to block for him, or a defense that gets walked all over by the opposing offense?

Thinking that all we have to do is replace Edwards and this teams problems will be over is just as delusional as saying we are going to the Super Bowl this year. It just isn't happening. Sorry..

Philagape
09-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Johnson stutter-stepped on his route, which is why he had to reach for it. Had he stayed in stride, it's an easy catch. He made it harder on himself.

better days
09-20-2010, 10:52 AM

I don't know what you were watching, but Johnson barely got his fingers on the ball. NO receiver would have caught it.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Benching a guy who was brought in to be the savior to that franchise isn't exactly instant improvement is it? The Raiders had to go to a backup QB just to try and get a spark out of that offense. I doubt very seriously that Gradkowski is taking them to the next level. Sorry but that was a very bad example of how replacing a QB changes anything.

We could do the same thing here with Fitzpatrick. He won 5 of our games last year. We wont be going to any play off games with him but like you say, QB QB QB then everything else. But your leaving out one crucial element. It takes a team to win in this league. Without one, you end up right back where this team is right now. What good is a QB if he has no receivers to throw to, or an Oline to block for him, or a defense that gets walked all over by the opposing offense?

Thinking that all we have to do is replace Edwards and this teams problems will be over is just as delusional as saying we are going to the Super Bowl this year. It just isn't happening. Sorry..
Actually its a perfect example of how a competent QB can come in to the same circumstances as an incompetent QB and succeed.

The Raiders looked like garbage with Russell and Campbell at QB but when Gradkowski comes in, suddenly the bust RB, bust WR and trash OL look pretty good.

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Actually its a perfect example of how a competent QB can come in to the same circumstances as an incompetent QB and succeed.

The Raiders looked like garbage with Russell and Campbell at QB but when Gradkowski comes in, suddenly the bust RB, bust WR and trash OL look pretty good.If Gradkowski was competent they wouldn't have bothered to go after Campbell in the first place. Now, your not making any sense. When this season is over, we will revisit this conversation and see if you still see Gradkowski as competent. lol

Philagape
09-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Some peoples hatred for Trent Edwards overshadows their objectivity to everything that else that is going wrong around him. That's about the best I can do to explain it.

There's so much he does that deserves legit blame, there's no need to make stuff up like this. He already earned demotion before this game even.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Even though Johnson should have caught it he left him in a precarious position to get nailed.

On that throw, Trent did EXACTLY what he did vs. the fins. He checked down to Nelson that didn't even go for a first down on the last play of the game rather than throw it to someone who was behind the 1st down marker.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 11:06 AM
If Gradkowski was competent they wouldn't have bothered to go after Campbell in the first place. Now, your not making any sense. When this season is over, we will revisit this conversation and see if you still see Gradkowski as competent. lol
Gradkowski was injured last year and didn't have a chance to solidify his spot as the #1. Al Davis is obsessed with big arms which is why he wasn't comfortable going with Grad and like I said he was injured right up until camp.

"Gradkowski breathed life into Oakland's inept offense a year ago, leading the team to victories over Cincinnati and Pittsburgh before being sidelined by a knee injury.

Gradkowski never got the chance to win the job this season as Oakland traded for Campbell and made him the starter. Gradkowski tore a pectoral muscle in the offseason and injured his groin early in training camp."

http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports/article/Gradkowski-steps-in-leads-Raiders-past-Rams-16-14-665997.php

chernobylwraiths
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM

True. Not that he doesn't deserve some of the animosity that he gets. He is stinking up the joint. Rob Johnson Jr.

Philagape
If Gradkowski was competent they wouldn't have bothered to go after Campbell in the first place.

That's a very dubious assumption. This is Al Davis we're talking about.

mchurchfie
I'm not excusing the receivers at all, they definitely should have done their job too. But neither pass should have been thrown, there were or could have been better options. Roscoe was wide open for more yardage on the first one, why would you check down to a receiver who and is coming across the middle without sufficient yardage and is about to get anihilated by the linebacker? On the second one Roscoe had the defender right in his face, why would you ever throw the ball out to him like that?? He never even looked at the situation, he just blindly heaved it out there. Any other competent QB that even had a clue wouldn't have made those choices. This guy is just a first class loser and everything he does just turns to ****. Some people just make it happen and some don't and he is definitely one of the "don'ts."

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 11:15 AM
True. Not that he doesn't deserve some of the animosity that he gets. He is stinking up the joint. Rob Johnson Jr.

You're insulting Rob Johnson.

Extremebillsfan247
09-20-2010, 11:15 AM
There's so much he does that deserves legit blame, there's no need to make stuff up like this. He already earned demotion before this game even.Yep, I agree with that. He is not a good QB. We do have to find an answer at QB and soon. But there are other big issues on this team too that often get overlooked precisely because of that disdain for Edwards that gets put on display here just about every day. It just makes me laugh how some people in here just get so surprised and shocked by his performance on the field when everyone should be used to seeing that by now. JMO

chernobylwraiths
09-20-2010, 11:17 AM
You're insulting Rob Johnson.

True, Johnson does have a superbowl ring.

mchurchfie
09-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Yep, I agree with that. He is not a good QB. We do have to find an answer at QB and soon. But there are other big issues on this team too that often get overlooked precisely because of that disdain for Edwards that gets put on display here just about every day. It just makes me laugh how some people in here just get so surprised and shocked by his performance on the field when everyone should be used to seeing that by now. JMO
Nobody is overlooking the other issues on this team and nobody is shocked and dismayed at Trent's performance. This team has HUGE issues from top to bottom, a result of pisspoor drafting and managment over the last ten years. I can't believe we still have Modrak and Brandon. Oh wait, we have Ralph for an owner..yes I do.:hang: What I am saying though is that both those plays were mostly a result of his poor judgement and the fact that he is playing scared and just dumps the ball off all of the time. The whole defense was waiting for it and teed off on the receivers. If he is playing that scared get him the hell off the field. I blame the coaches just as much as I do him for putting him out there.

mchurchfie
09-20-2010, 11:27 AM
No one wants a scared pussy for a QB in Buffalo.

Commissioner
09-20-2010, 11:47 AM

I agree.... blaming those interceptions on Trent are massive reaches. Even the commentators said on TV that if you want to be an NFL receiver Stevie Johnson has to make that catch. He clearly pulled up on his route because he was scared of getting smacked.

Edwards looks like crap along with the rest of the offensive but you can't blame those interceptions on him.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 12:06 PM
I agree.... blaming those interceptions on Trent are massive reaches. Even the commentators said on TV that if you want to be an NFL receiver Stevie Johnson has to make that catch. He clearly pulled up on his route because he was scared of getting smacked.

Edwards looks like crap along with the rest of the offensive but you can't blame those interceptions on him.
The ball shouldn't even have been thrown there in the first place. And to top it off he can't FOR ONCE give his receiver a pass that he can continue running with.

Notice how he under-threw Nelson later on in the game on a 5 yard throw. The guy just sucks and brings everyone down with him.

ServoBillieves
09-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Bring in Craig Nall.

mchurchfie
09-20-2010, 12:16 PM

On third and a mile they probably weren't expecting to get thrown to for a two yard completion, of course they should be familiar with him now.

Ingtar33
09-20-2010, 12:29 PM

Ignoring if it was a poor throw or not (I'd call it a mediocre play on both of them), what no one is talking about is how he had his TE - WIDE OPEN in the seam of the zone coverage. (There was like a 10 yard bubble around him) which he could have hit for like 15 yards.

Sure it was a tight window with the safety overtop, but that's a throw an NFL QB has to make. Instead he checked down.

Nighthawk
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Ignoring if it was a poor throw or not (I'd call it a mediocre play on both of them), what no one is talking about is how he had his TE - WIDE OPEN in the seem of the zone coverage. (There was like a 10 yard bubble around him) which he could have hit for like 15 yards.

Sure it was a tight window with the safety overtop, but that's a throw an NFL QB has to make.

Come on, Ing...unless the guy is open by 10 yards, then he is dead to Trent...you know that!

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Ignoring if it was a poor throw or not (I'd call it a mediocre play on both of them), what no one is talking about is how he had his TE - WIDE OPEN in the seam of the zone coverage. (There was like a 10 yard bubble around him) which he could have hit for like 15 yards.

Sure it was a tight window with the safety overtop, but that's a throw an NFL QB has to make.

While I don't disagree with this, the decisions by Trent were poor in both situations, neither should have ended up as INTs.

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 01:00 PM
While I don't disagree with this, the decisions by Trent were poor in both situations, neither should have ended up as INTs.
Well then that makes up for the 2 pick 6's Trent should have had in week 1.

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2010, 01:04 PM

You believe this?