PDA

View Full Version : I can't help but feel this garbage will be followed by the team moving out of Buffalo

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I am just getting a bad feeling about this overall lately.....

They have been **** for years....

They don't spend the money on coaches/Front office/OR Players.....

Wilson is bound to Die soon....

djjimkelly
09-20-2010, 11:56 AM
they are not moving we dont need this topic added to the fact the bills suck right now.

give it some time we will be good again once we get a real QB and a couple tackles

Slim
09-20-2010, 11:56 AM

Why capitalize the "D" on die?

Historian
09-20-2010, 11:59 AM
WYSGuy always felt 2010 would be their last season here.

I have no idea as to why.

SabreEleven
09-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Geez, how low have the Bills sunk? I have been on this board for about 6 years now and I always remember THATHURMNATOR being the most positive Zoner. When people put the Bills or Sabres down, he was always there defending them but now he is the one starting negative threads. Oh, how this team has alienated the most die-hard. Shame on you, Ralph Wilson and the Buffalo Bills.

Ebenezer
09-20-2010, 12:04 PM
For years I have posted this and for years I have been laughed at. RW would have moved this team long ago had all of the tumblers fallen into place. Now that it has been so many years RW will NOT allow this team to leave while under his control. As far as anybody knows he has not made any plans for the future of this team. The price tag will be at least a $1Billion. No one person (at least not in the Buffalo area) will be able to afford them. They will be purchased by an out of towner or by a consortium of owners. The new owner(s) will want instant return on their investment. That return will NOT be able to be made in Buffalo. Do the math.

Ingtar33
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM
For years I have posted this and for years I have been laughed at. RW would have moved this team long ago had all of the tumblers fallen into place. Now that it has been so many years RW will NOT allow this team to leave while under his control. As far as anybody knows he has not made any plans for the future of this team. The price tag will be at least a $1Billion. No one person (at least not in the Buffalo area) will be able to afford them. They will be purchased by an out of towner or by a consortium of owners. The new owner(s) will want instant return on their investment. That return will NOT be able to be made in Buffalo. Do the math.

this is how it looks to me as well.

San Antonio and Oklahoma City still want a team... and don't forget L.A. ...

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Why capitalize the "D" on die?
I don't know.... :ill:

OpIv37
09-20-2010, 12:23 PM
this is how it looks to me as well.

San Antonio and Oklahoma City still want a team... and don't forget L.A. ...

And Toronto. I know the Bills in Toronto series has been a dismal failure, but I suspect there would be much more buy-in with their own team and their own stadium (and ticket prices more on par with the rest of the NFL).

Also, the stadium lease and the Toronto deal expire after the 2012 season. If Ralph is still alive, it wouldn't shock me to see him sell at that point. There is no way he is going to potentially hurt the value of the team by locking them into Buffalo for an extended period.

bigbub2352
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
i gotta say thurm...something is up

Way to many bad moves in a row in free agency
way to many misses on draft day
way to many missed on coaches and frontoffice personal
Explain how Nix gets promoted?
Chan Gailey gets hired?
How does Modrak stay employed?
Russ brandon?
how many moves like cornell green can we take?
what was the philosphy with that signing?
Scarey it really is

OpIv37
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM

Chan Gailey gets hired?
Russ brandon?
Scarey it really is

Several years back, the thought crossed my mind that maybe we were being Major League'd. I quickly dismissed it as a paranoid conspiracy theory. But as time goes on, it's becoming easier and easier to make the case that we really ARE being Major League'd....

Ebenezer
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Several years back, the thought crossed my mind that maybe we were being Major League'd. I quickly dismissed it as a paranoid conspiracy theory. But as time goes on, it's becoming easier and easier to make the case that we really ARE being Major League'd....

overtly or covertly?? I don't think we are being covertly "major-leagued"...instead the patient is dying of benign neglect.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I find it increasingly difficult to care.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Chan Gailey gets hired?
Russ brandon?
Scarey it really is

Something is up alright.

You have an old senile meddling owner who refuses to get guys out of power in this franchise that are straight jokes ie. Modrak.

So you're forced to go bottom of the barrel on the GM hiring and the coach hiring because people around the league realize what they're getting themselves into by coming here. Mike Mularkey walking away from the job for really no reason at all shoulda been a huge clue that something at OBD was amiss.

So now you have a dysfunctional organization at the top and on the sidelines. What player is going to want to come here who is worth a damn to waste 2,3,4,5 years? The simple answer is none.

So we're forced to scrap the bottom of the barrel on FAs too or completely overpay for someone who can just decide to dog it to get the hell out of here and go elsewhere after pocketing the nice signing bonus. See - Dockery, Derrick on that one.

Or, we're forced to go out and get guys that absolutely no one else wants. See - Owens, Terrell.

Now, this is a revolving cycle because the entire package is corrupted with stupidity, idiocy, ignorance and flat out no football awareness/IQ.

Want to know why we make stupid draft picks? Because we have stupid people pulling the trigger.

ChristopherWalken
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Curious though: The Bills chasing Shanahan and Cowher in the off-season seemed more like a long term goal versus a means to an end....even if it didnt work out.

OpIv37
09-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Curious though: The Bills chasing Shanahan and Cowher in the off-season seemed more like a long term goal versus a means to an end....even if it didnt work out.

Well, that's easy.
1. Find out what other teams are offering through an inside source.
2. Publicly pursue Shanahan or Cowher.
3. Privately low ball them by offering significantly less than what Washington or some other team is offering.

Chances are they will refuse the offer and the team can cover their ass with the fans by saying "we tried." If they do accept, well, they were low-balled, so they're working at significantly less than market value, so you still don't have that big commitment on the books for any potential future owners.

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying this happened. I have no evidence to suggest that it did. I'm just saying that if the team really is being Major League'd, it wouldn't prevent them from "pursuing" a big-name coach.

YardRat
09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
WYSGuy always felt 2010 would be their last season here.

I have no idea as to why.

The Wysian Calendar ends at that point.

YardRat
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Enter Jim Kelly and his Native American backers.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2010, 02:26 PM
The Buffalo Senecas. Sounds nice.

NorthCarBills
09-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Enter Jim Kelly and his Native American backers.

My oldest son is just getting of age to fly up for Kids Day. I wonder if they'll have children's craps and blackjack.

EricStratton
09-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, that's easy.
1. Find out what other teams are offering through an inside source.
2. Publicly pursue Shanahan or Cowher.
3. Privately low ball them by offering significantly less than what Washington or some other team is offering.

Chances are they will refuse the offer and the team can cover their ass with the fans by saying "we tried." If they do accept, well, they were low-balled, so they're working at significantly less than market value, so you still don't have that big commitment on the books for any potential future owners.

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying this happened. I have no evidence to suggest that it did. I'm just saying that if the team really is being Major League'd, it wouldn't prevent them from "pursuing" a big-name coach.

We now have a pretty good idea of why Cowher didn't take the job.

I don't think Toronto works just like Canada hasn't worked in the other major sport with a cap. Due to the tax structure in Canada the free agent money can never match up so they will not be able to compete.

It's why the Vancouver team in the NBA left and why the Raptors can't compete for free agents and why if hockey wasn't a national game the teams in Canada would have trouble competing as well.

The only reason the jays can compete at all is because of no cap and they can outspend the lower level teams.

Bulldog
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I find it increasingly difficult to care.

Count me in this camp. If this is the type of crap they're going to pass off on us, I'd rather they did leave. I despise Ralph Wilson. It's not even week three and I could care less what they do the rest of the way.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Count me in this camp. If this is the type of crap they're going to pass off on us, I'd rather they did leave. I despise Ralph Wilson. It's not even week three and I could care less what they do the rest of the way.
We don't live close enough to have our season tickets, anymore. My wife and I watched the horror show at a sports bar yesterday, and agreed that it would be a while before we did that again. It's just not any fun to sit for 3 hours watching a lifeless team getting its butt kicked, and trying to be enthusiastic about it.

chubluv
09-20-2010, 03:58 PM
we will be good again once we get a real QB and a couple tackles

We should already have them. The stupid people picking feel the need to keep drafting **** thats not needed. Last year Maybin shouldn't have been a thought of ours. He had one good season that was it. You should have drafted Big Mike Oher instead. Thats one tackle and this year u could of had Buluga (who looked good yesterday) Theres our other tackle. Theres your book ends for 7-10 years.

As for QB who knows. They wasted to many picks trading up to get guys like Losman, & McCargo.

tat2dmike77
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
The Buffalo Senecas. Sounds nice.

Slots and card tables at the stadium hell yes.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Slots and card tables at the stadium hell yes.
It would actually give us something fun to do. And - unlike the Bills - we might actually win once in a while.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-20-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't think Toronto works just like Canada hasn't worked in the other major sport with a cap. Due to the tax structure in Canada the free agent money can never match up so they will not be able to compete. In all fairness, New York State isn't exactly a tax haven. Hence, why the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2010, 04:34 PM
In all fairness, New York State isn't exactly a tax haven. Hence, why the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey.
I've lived in both states. Jersey is not exactly a tax haven, either, except that Chris Christy is going to improve things. How about the New Mexico Giants and Jets.

more cowbell
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Not a chance in hell this team is still located in Buffalo/Western NY in the next 5 years.

The economy in the greater Buffalo area and Rochester is among the worst in the country. The taxes in NY state are among the highest in the country. We have no potential buyer other than Jim Kelly (who wouldn't even come close to being able to afford the team) or MAYBE Golisano. Jeremey Jacobs won't buy them, hes a cheap ***hole and even if he did he would be the same thing as the Ralph/Russ show..."All about the profits".

This team is gone, so enjoy the 34-7 trashings while they last, because soon there will be no team left to watch (not that there is much of one left anyway)

By the way I am a Bills fan...I am in no way ripping on the great people of WNY, I'm just a realist...

useab
09-20-2010, 05:00 PM
The Bills will not be leaving Buffalo. From Two bills drive "I asked Chris Brown (Bills reporter) questions about how much money would it take for a new Bills owner to purchase the team and relocate it to another city, here's Chris' response: "The attractive situation with the Bills franchise is there is no debt. No debt on the stadium, not a lot of dead money on player contracts etc. With the lease expiring in 2012 it makes getting out of Buffalo easier as well. Relocation fees can be up to $600M and Commissioner Goodell I believe has discretion to make it even higher as a deterrent. If a team costs up to $1 billion (Forbes valued Bills at $909 million this year) I still think despite the lease and no debt issues that the relocation fee would be enough of a deterrent."

If a new owner were to decide to move the team, he would have to come up with at least $2.5 Billion at minimum, to include purchase, moving & building a new stadium in a new city. That might work heavily in Buffalo's favor to keep the team in WNY.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-20-2010, 05:04 PM

BINGO! we got a winner this is the plan i wont be shocked when this come true makes to much sense.

topher180
09-20-2010, 05:47 PM
]I'm just a realist...[/B]

Well, I don't know what you are doing on this board then.

SabreEleven
09-20-2010, 08:13 PM
How will you feel when the LA Bills win the Superbowl?

Mike
09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I brought up the same theory a few years back and no-one believed that it was plausible due to its intricacies. If we are, it would not be a surprise to me at all. It is big business after all, and even though the Bills suck, they are still good enough marketers to make money at the ticket office.

Mike
09-20-2010, 08:24 PM
From a strictly business perspective, only caring about the bottom line what would you prefer:

1) Sold out Stadium + a competitive team with good coaches & GM which are both expensive or
2) Sold our Stadium + a team with potential with cheap coaches, GMs, & players.

Obviously Options Number 2 is better to the bottom line and it is also the current situation

Ground Chuck
09-20-2010, 08:36 PM
I seriously put it at about 50/50. I think we will suck as long as Ralph is alive because no one will come here with all the uncertainty. Ralph could sell a minority position and allow a more orderly turnover, and give us some hope, but does not.

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
i don't think the bills will move. how come i always have to read these bull**** ******ed threads about the bills moving when they are losing. it almost makes me as sick as watching trent edwards.

more cowbell
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Not a chance in hell this team is still located in Buffalo/Western NY in the next 5 years.

The economy in the greater Buffalo area and Rochester is among the worst in the country. The taxes in NY state are among the highest in the country. We have no potential buyer other than Jim Kelly (who wouldn't even come close to being able to afford the team) or MAYBE Golisano. Jeremey Jacobs won't buy them, hes a cheap ***hole and even if he did he would be the same thing as the Ralph/Russ show..."All about the profits".

This team is gone, so enjoy the 34-7 trashings while they last, because soon there will be no team left to watch (not that there is much of one left anyway)

By the way I am a Bills fan...I am in no way ripping on the great people of WNY, I'm just a realist...

"LOL someone told me to shut the **** up and shoot myself" after this post. You know fan morale is at an all-time low when we want eachother dead...would the person who made that comment hiding behind their computer screen come forward and please enlighten me on what exactly was so offensive about what I said?

Mr. Pink
09-22-2010, 01:36 AM
i don't think the bills will move. how come i always have to read these bull**** ******ed threads about the bills moving when they are losing. it almost makes me as sick as watching trent edwards.

These threads would still pop up on occasion if the Bills were winning too.

EricStratton
09-22-2010, 05:19 AM
I've lived in both states. Jersey is not exactly a tax haven, either, except that Chris Christy is going to improve things. How about the New Mexico Giants and Jets.

No he's not, at least not much.

But to this point NY, NJ, Mass, Cali are all at a disadvantage to Florida, Arizona, Texas teams but nothing compares to the Canada money.