PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy BUT I'm really annoyed

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 02:30 PM
How annoying is it that Gailey with all his experience couldn't figure out earlier that Trent was a disaster???

Many fans have pointed out Trent's deficiencies for a long time now but we had to go and lose 2 games in order to determine it??

That really annoys me because we could at least be 1-1 right now and tied with everyone else in the division.

Winning the GB game was always going to be a stretch but with some competent QBing you never know.

Why is it that the fans are always a step ahead of the coaches? Is it just me or are we always yelling for certain things to happen and only after a lot of suffering do they finally make the change?

YardRat
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Edwards looked different in the pre-season games, giving Gailey the impression that possibly his coaching had rid Trent of his game day jitters.

I'll give him credit for pulling the plug this early.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Wonder if Gailey knew this was Trent... would Clausen have been drafted?

Mahdi
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Edwards looked different in the pre-season games, giving Gailey the impression that possibly his coaching had rid Trent of his game day jitters.

Edwards completed passes but he was the same ol Edwards to me. He didn't hit intermediate routes. All he did was throw short and throw long.

I am miffed that they didn't see that on film breakdown. It's elementary stuff IMO.

ChristopherWalken
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Since Trent first started in Buffalo he has an amazing knack of looking like the next coming of Joe Montana in practice and pre-season.

Thankfully his ruse has ended week 2.

The King
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
I think Gailey was just trying to keep Trents confidence up. Knowing that would be the only way he would suceed.

Im glad he didnt ride that horse too long though, take a big man to admit his mistakes.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
How annoying is it that Gailey with all his experience couldn't figure out earlier that Trent was a disaster???

Many fans have pointed out Trent's deficiencies for a long time now but we had to go and lose 2 games in order to determine it??

That really annoys me because we could at least be 1-1 right now and tied with everyone else in the division.

Winning the GB game was always going to be a stretch but with some competent QBing you never know.

Why is it that the fans are always a step ahead of the coaches? Is it just me or are we always yelling for certain things to happen and only after a lot of suffering do they finally make the change?

he fooled everyone with his Rob Johnson like camp performance.

baalworship
09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Not only does Trent look better in pre-season than he really is, Fitzpatrick looks worse. Fitzpatrick is a poor practice player and looks better when an actual NFL game is taking place.

He is an NFL backup but he is the Anti-Trent when it comes to showing up in games.

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 03:10 PM
trent is very good when there is no pressure and no real live game pressure......

SquishDaFish
09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
You ever think that maybe Ralph wanted Trent to get first shot seeing he was their young savior. SEE YA TRENT YOU SUCK BALLS!!

Historian
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I think they were giving TE every chance with an offensive minded coach.

He failed miserably. Dude looks like the second coming of Todd Collins.

Time to move on.

Night Train
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM

Dead on.

Forward_Lateral
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Gailey made a huge mistake by putting way to much emphasis on pre-season and training camp.

To be fair to him (Gailey), though, he did go with the QB that looked the best in practice and pre-season. Some guys just can't cut it once Sunday rolls around.

MikeInRoch
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
He failed miserably. Dude looks like the second coming of Todd Collins.

Nope. He's not gonna be around nearly as long as Todd Collins (who, by the way, it STILL in the league).

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 03:43 PM
You ever think that maybe Ralph wanted Trent to get first shot seeing he was their young savior. SEE YA TRENT YOU SUCK BALLS!!

I'm sure Ralphy prefers Trent.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Why be happy? Or annoyed?

Gailey had to pick from horse manure, dog sh** and rat droppings...

Roll the dice, pick one, it's still crap.

Philagape
09-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I think coaches sometimes think they can "fix" a player.

Two games to try is about right. He didn't drag this on and on.

Forward_Lateral
09-20-2010, 03:46 PM
This all goes back to the "Why the hell didn't they do something at QB this past offseason?" question.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Wonder if Gailey knew this was Trent... would Clausen have been drafted?
No.

JCBills
Edwards completed passes but he was the same ol Edwards to me. He didn't hit intermediate routes. All he did was throw short and throw long.

I am miffed that they didn't see that on film breakdown. It's elementary stuff IMO.

They definitely saw it, but you can't throw someone out after one game, because that's also a rough message that gets sent to the #2 and #3. One game isn't fair grounds for judgment, they needed the second to confirm what everyone already knew.

EDS

Gailey appears to be in panic mode already.

JCBills
09-20-2010, 04:37 PM
This all goes back to the "Why the hell didn't they do something at QB this past offseason?" question.

They couldn't have done much, there wasn't much we could have realistically required, and drafting a QB isn't an instant fix.

TigerJ
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm not especially happy about the situation. It's not that I'm a die hard Trent Edwards fan, but it just seems a little like a broken record to me. I get that Trent shows well in training camp when everything is scripted, and Gailey got taken in. I get that Gailey thought he could rehab Trent, but as fans we've seen this all before. We've also seen Fitz before. We know he's not petrified like Trent, and can make some reads, but we allso know his accuracy is a fleeting thing. He can look fine on several passes, then throw some wounded ducks, throw into the ground, or throw it right to the other team's DBs. I said this spring that I hoped Brohm would win the QB competition. It wasn't that I believed Brohm is the next Peyton Manning. It's just that I've seen Trent and Fitz before. At least Brohm represented a possibility that hadn't been tried before.