X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

I'm happy BUT I'm really annoyed

How annoying is it that Gailey with all his experience couldn't figure out earlier that Trent was a disaster???

Many fans have pointed out Trent's deficiencies for a long time now but we had to go and lose 2 games in order to determine it??

That really annoys me because we could at least be 1-1 right now and tied with everyone else in the division.

Winning the GB game was always going to be a stretch but with some competent QBing you never know.

Why is it that the fans are always a step ahead of the coaches? Is it just me or are we always yelling for certain things to happen and only after a lot of suffering do they finally make the change?
    Last edited by Mahdi; 09-20-2010, 02:30 PM.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: I'm happy BUT I'm really annoyed

Edwards looked different in the pre-season games, giving Gailey the impression that possibly his coaching had rid Trent of his game day jitters.

I'll give him credit for pulling the plug this early.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Wonder if Gailey knew this was Trent... would Clausen have been drafted?

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
        Edwards looked different in the pre-season games, giving Gailey the impression that possibly his coaching had rid Trent of his game day jitters.

Edwards completed passes but he was the same ol Edwards to me. He didn't hit intermediate routes. All he did was throw short and throw long.

I am miffed that they didn't see that on film breakdown. It's elementary stuff IMO.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
          • Dec 2002

Since Trent first started in Buffalo he has an amazing knack of looking like the next coming of Joe Montana in practice and pre-season.

Thankfully his ruse has ended week 2.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I think Gailey was just trying to keep Trents confidence up. Knowing that would be the only way he would suceed.

Im glad he didnt ride that horse too long though, take a big man to admit his mistakes.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
              How annoying is it that Gailey with all his experience couldn't figure out earlier that Trent was a disaster???

Many fans have pointed out Trent's deficiencies for a long time now but we had to go and lose 2 games in order to determine it??

That really annoys me because we could at least be 1-1 right now and tied with everyone else in the division.

Winning the GB game was always going to be a stretch but with some competent QBing you never know.

Why is it that the fans are always a step ahead of the coaches? Is it just me or are we always yelling for certain things to happen and only after a lot of suffering do they finally make the change?

he fooled everyone with his Rob Johnson like camp performance.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

Not only does Trent look better in pre-season than he really is, Fitzpatrick looks worse. Fitzpatrick is a poor practice player and looks better when an actual NFL game is taking place.

He is an NFL backup but he is the Anti-Trent when it comes to showing up in games.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                  • Jan 2010

trent is very good when there is no pressure and no real live game pressure......

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

You ever think that maybe Ralph wanted Trent to get first shot seeing he was their young savior. SEE YA TRENT YOU SUCK BALLS!!

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

I think they were giving TE every chance with an offensive minded coach.

He failed miserably. Dude looks like the second coming of Todd Collins.

Time to move on.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat

Dead on.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Gailey made a huge mistake by putting way to much emphasis on pre-season and training camp.

To be fair to him (Gailey), though, he did go with the QB that looked the best in practice and pre-season. Some guys just can't cut it once Sunday rolls around.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Historian
                            He failed miserably. Dude looks like the second coming of Todd Collins.
                            Nope. He's not gonna be around nearly as long as Todd Collins (who, by the way, it STILL in the league).
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                              You ever think that maybe Ralph wanted Trent to get first shot seeing he was their young savior. SEE YA TRENT YOU SUCK BALLS!!
                              I'm sure Ralphy prefers Trent.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X