PDA

View Full Version : Here's another question. Something that ticks me off.

Forward_Lateral
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
WHY THE F DIDN'T THEY SIGN TROY SMITH WHEN HE WAS CUT?

They talked about trading for him in the off season, then he gets released, and they do nothing?

gonzo1105
09-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Who said that the Bills talked about trading for him? The media said that the Bills were interested in Troy Smith. No one knows if the Bills were actually interested in him. What is the love affair with this guy? He HAS DONE ZERO IN THE NFL and got cut from an NFL team just like Brian Brohm did who is also still doing nothing with the Bills.

historypete
09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Has anyone picked up Troy Smith? Isn't it a bit sad that we are hoping a QB who couldn't make a roster will come here and be a savior? I thought that was what Brian Brohm is for.

I'm sick of retreads, practice squad guys, journeymen, and Trent Edwards. I hope the suffering, disgrace, and utter crap we have to endure this season will allow us a chance at a real QB prospect. Give me Mallet or Luck. I've soured on Locker. He reminds me of a Rob Johnson. All the physical attributes, but it doesn't seem to translate on the field. No signature wins, erratic passing accuracy, etc. With our luck though both Mallet and Luck will stay in school.

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
you really want to be medicore don't you.......

nix is trying to build a dynasty not a 7-9 team, if that comes with bottoming out and getting a franchise qb with a top 3 quick then so be it

Philagape
09-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Has anyone picked up Troy Smith?

He's the 49ers third QB and is inactive tonight

HopefulBillsFan
09-20-2010, 07:00 PM
you really want to be medicore don't you.......

nix is trying to build a dynasty not a 7-9 team, if that comes with bottoming out and getting a franchise qb with a top 3 quick then so be it

NFL LABOR LOCK OUT.

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
nix is trying to build a dynasty not a 7-9 team, it

LMAO :laughter:

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 07:25 PM
NFL LABOR LOCK OUT.

ok and this means what? we would still draft

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 07:26 PM
LMAO :laughter:

believe it or not that is what he is trying to do, build a winner, and he knows its not gonna happen from signing other teams scrubs....takes time people takes time.

he has been a part of an organization that drafted drew brees, eli manning, and philip rivers

Slim
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
ok and this means what? we would still draft

Technically we would have two drafts, at the same exact spot. So if we had the #1 overall pick we would have two #1 overall players in 2012.

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
believe it or not that is what he is trying to do, build a winner, and he knows its not gonna happen from signing other teams scrubs....takes time people takes time.

he has been a part of an organization that drafted drew brees, eli manning, and philip rivers

So just building through the draft and the first piece of the "Dynasty" was Spiller correct ? With all the holes this team has and just building through the draft Spiller will be out of football or running for another team by the time all the pieces are in place for contention. From the NFLPA figures the average life of an NFL RB is 2.6 years. So what sense did drafting Spiller make when there were higher priority's as far as building this team ? Meaning the lines and a franchise QB (need one of these for a "dynasty')

Building this team purely through the draft will take say 3 drafts min. and thats if they draft good players not busts like last years #1 Maybin, lol

The odds are against Spiller even being here when this process of "dynasty" building is ready. That means this years #1 was a less than smart pick. So I guess we start with the next draft.

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 08:05 PM

Also signing Free Agents and I mean the right Free agents can significantly speed up the process of building winners. Believe it or not it has been done in Buffalo before with success certain names come to mind over the years and these guys were players from other teams that did not break the bank and were able to contribute in winning football.

Frank Lewis, Phil Vilapiano, James Lofton, Bryce Paup, Kenneth Davis, Leonard Smith, Jim Jeffcoat and many more if you want me to actually look them up.

All of these players were"other teams scrubs" as you say.

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Also signing Free Agents and I mean the right Free agents can significantly speed up the process of building winners. Believe it or not it has been done in Buffalo before with success certain names come to mind over the years and these guys were players from other teams that did not break the bank and were able to contribute in winning football.

Frank Lewis, Phil Vilapiano, James Lofton, Bryce Paup, Kenneth Davis, Leonard Smith and many more if you want me to actually look them up.

All of these players were"other teams scrubs" as you say.

Buffalo is in no position to sign FAs, its a tough sell man no one wants to be here

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Buffalo is in no position to sign FAs, its a tough sell man no one wants to be here

Yeah it was like that in the 80's. Jim Kelly refused to come to Buffalo and went to the USFL. Then he came because the right person was given a job in the FO. as GM, Bill Polian. Then guess what ?? They all came here and Buffalo was a winner and a good place to play.

So if Nix is not the guy who can get players to come to Buffalo and play football then I don't think he is the right guy for the GM job. You gotta have some salesman in you.

trapezeus
09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
bills are always interested with people, but they never sign any of these people. the discussions never go anywhere.

topher180
09-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Troy Smith is so good he should give back his Heisman. Right after Leinart does of course.

RoscoeMagic
09-20-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't think Ralph likes black QBs.

BillsWin
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Nope. I want Luck.

If no Luck, I want Mallet. If no Mallet, I want a left tackle and Pat Devlin in the second.