PDA

View Full Version : Lynch and 4th for Vincent Jackson

BuffaloBlitz83
09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Would you do it?

Keep in mind you'd have to give him new deal.

SD was interested in Lynch. Maybe more interested now with Matthews injury.

We need a number 1 WR. Evans can be moved to number 2. Next year draft the QB and LT

BidsJr
09-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Until we have Phillip Rivers to throw to him, he will suck here 2.

So no.

Bangarang
09-20-2010, 06:14 PM
I'd rather get draft picks for lynch instead of giving up lynch and a draft pick.

THRILLHO
09-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Ofcourse we should do it. Which means SD should not.

Demon
09-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Would you do it?

Keep in mind you'd have to give him new deal.

SD was interested in Lynch. Maybe more interested now with Matthews injury.

We need a number 1 WR. Evans can be moved to number 2. Next year draft the QB and LT

Seriously, does anybody even know what a true rebuilding job is? That is the reason why we suck, because we never rebuild. We try to get quick fixes and always win 6 or 7 games. We MUST hit rock bottom to rebuild the right way. Lynch AND a pick? NO. Lynch FOR a 4th round pick i would do. Stack up on picks, and really prepare for the draft.

Next two drafts we will be picking top 5, and they can't mess either draft up.

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 06:39 PM
ya because im sure buffalo wants to pay two starting receivers over 18 million with no one to throw it to him

1) get the qb
2) protect the qb
3)give the qb weapons

HopefulBillsFan
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Who's gonna throw to him?

clumping platelets
09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
No.......doesn't fill a need. Make it OT McNeil and yes

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Vincent Jackson fills a need just as much as Marcus McNeil does...

If Lynch and a fourth gets him in here...there's no reason to not do it.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Vincent Jackson fills a need just as much as Marcus McNeil does...

If Lynch and a fourth gets him in here...there's no reason to not do it.

We could cut Evans. Pay Jackson. Jackson is far and away a better WR

Dr. Lecter
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
No.......doesn't fill a need. Make it OT McNeil and yes
How does he not fit a need?????

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 08:59 PM
We could cut Evans. Pay Jackson. Jackson is far and away a better WR

Why in God's name would you cut Evans?

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
How does he not fit a need?????

Because this team is only a;

LT
QB
RT
OC
DE
NT
OLB
ILB
OLB
SS
K

away from the playoffs! Clearly!

Dr. Lecter
Because 6 actual NFL players on the roster is one too many? I mean, why wouldn't the Bills cut their best player?

Dr. Lecter
Because this team is only a;

LT
QB
RT
OC
DE
NT
OLB
ILB
OLB
SS
K

away from the playoffs! Clearly!
As long as you recognize that the Bills have a high quality LS (Thanks to the fine college he went to!!!!)

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Because 6 actual NFL players on the roster is one too many? I mean, why wouldn't the Bills cut their best player?

Valid point.

Also consider that Lynch's off field trouble may outweigh Jackson's, thus to counteract the balance shift we have to cut Evans who has never been in trouble. For team chemistry sake and all.

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 09:02 PM
As long as you recognize that the Bills have a high quality LS (Thanks to the fine college he went to!!!!)

He's a HOF in my book.

Philagape
09-20-2010, 09:04 PM
coughmaddentradecough

Why on earth would SD do that? Matthews' injury looks minor, they did just fine without him, and they'd trade one problem child for another.

fans.

Demon
09-20-2010, 09:08 PM

This whole thread makes no sense. The entire thing. It's such BS what Bills fans have become to. Getting quick fixes got us in this mess in the first place. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Besides, i'm pretty sure Jackson has to agree to any trade right? If so, he'd never consider the CFL team of the NFL. He'd laugh.

Nighthawk
09-20-2010, 09:10 PM
This whole thread makes no sense. The entire thing. It's such BS what Bills fans have become to. Getting quick fixes got us in this mess in the first place. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Besides, i'm pretty sure Jackson has to agree to any trade right? If so, he'd never consider the CFL team of the NFL. He'd laugh.

He's come here if the Bills paid him what he wants. I'm not saying this deal makes sense, just stating an obvious point.

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Well, Doctor, there are several keen football minds on this board that beg to differ.

Lee apparently isn't good...the aberration of 1,000 yd seasons and being a top WR were not in any correlation to somebody throwing the ball to him.

The keen minds never argue that Lee does go get the ball, and has never been known to drop the ball, but will maintain their position that there is no way you have to throw the ball to him...not even really to him...just kind of by where he is...he'll do the rest.

That is way coincidental that Woodson had the interference call on him yesterday...smartest penalty I've seen in a while. I only watch our games, but that play was 6 if Woodson doesn't interfere...he interferes and makes our offense run some more plays to score. That is what you call a safe bet. Woodson is a great corner. One time we looked for him, and he beat Woodson. He sucks.

Also, you can't have two players at any one position. That is not acceptable. You have to pick a favorite and then argue as unintelligibly as you can that they other player needs traded or cut.

Lastly, Vincent and McNeil both have showed they are not concerned with their teammates, and ramming it up their ass. They are not scared to hold out, Jackson even did so after violating the substance abuse policy...again. Now a two time offender is good...rehabilitated. Lynch broke an law found Unconstitutional, but he is sure to find another unfair law to break, and is a suspension waiting to happen.

I know the hold out may be on AJ Smith, but reality and reason are not required here.

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Mathews injury is minor. Is going to play this week. Sandiego doesn't need Lynch.

YardRat
09-20-2010, 09:54 PM
WR may be a need, but not as desperately as some other positions. We're not getting a QB inexchange, so you might as well go LT.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2010, 03:05 AM
Well, Doctor, there are several keen football minds on this board that beg to differ.

Lee apparently isn't good...the aberration of 1,000 yd seasons and being a top WR were not in any correlation to somebody throwing the ball to him.

The keen minds never argue that Lee does go get the ball, and has never been known to drop the ball, but will maintain their position that there is no way you have to throw the ball to him...not even really to him...just kind of by where he is...he'll do the rest.

That is way coincidental that Woodson had the interference call on him yesterday...smartest penalty I've seen in a while. I only watch our games, but that play was 6 if Woodson doesn't interfere...he interferes and makes our offense run some more plays to score. That is what you call a safe bet. Woodson is a great corner. One time we looked for him, and he beat Woodson. He sucks.

Also, you can't have two players at any one position. That is not acceptable. You have to pick a favorite and then argue as unintelligibly as you can that they other player needs traded or cut.

Lastly, Vincent and McNeil both have showed they are not concerned with their teammates, and ramming it up their ass. They are not scared to hold out, Jackson even did so after violating the substance abuse policy...again. Now a two time offender is good...rehabilitated. Lynch broke an law found Unconstitutional, but he is sure to find another unfair law to break, and is a suspension waiting to happen.

I know the hold out may be on AJ Smith, but reality and reason are not required here.

Lee Evans would be good...as a slot receiver. Beyond that, no. And the fact he makes 9 million a year to basically do nothing should be just one more stupid thing that the front office has down to upset the fanbase.

The Lee apologists fail to see that he does absolutely nothing when he doesn't have a QB who can throw deep balls. Lee Evans has no intermediate route skills, period. He can run deep or he can stand near the line of scrimmage. Bert Emanuel could do that too, hell he even put up comparably numbers as Lee.

Fans of this team have been without good football for so long they must have become delusional at what talented and not so talented players alike can and do on Sundays even on poor teams with bad QBs. Look at what Brandon Marshall did last year with Kyle Orton throwing him the ball. Orton has a lower career YPA than Edwards. Tim Couch was a checkdown QB in much the same situation as Edwards, constantly getting pummeled, and Kevin Johnson still had catches and yards.

Why is it other guys in the league can still exceed in equally horrible situations and Evans can not?

Funny you mention that play with Woodson...Evans was running his showcase route on the play...a streak.

McNeil is holding out because he wants to be paid as what he is...a top LT.

As for cutting Lee or trading him, if you can get a guy in here who is a true number 1 WR yes, you trade or cut Lee or you ask him to take a massive paycut. It has nothing to do with Lee's talents or abilities on the field. As I said, he would be a good slot receiver, however slot receivers don't get paid 9 million a year. Honestly though, there's no way you can trade Lee. No one is gonna take on that ridiculous contract for Lee does on the field.

dannyek71
09-21-2010, 08:06 AM
We have a good k

BuffaloBlitz83
09-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Lee Evans would be good...as a slot receiver. Beyond that, no. And the fact he makes 9 million a year to basically do nothing should be just one more stupid thing that the front office has down to upset the fanbase.

The Lee apologists fail to see that he does absolutely nothing when he doesn't have a QB who can throw deep balls. Lee Evans has no intermediate route skills, period. He can run deep or he can stand near the line of scrimmage. Bert Emanuel could do that too, hell he even put up comparably numbers as Lee.

Fans of this team have been without good football for so long they must have become delusional at what talented and not so talented players alike can and do on Sundays even on poor teams with bad QBs. Look at what Brandon Marshall did last year with Kyle Orton throwing him the ball. Orton has a lower career YPA than Edwards. Tim Couch was a checkdown QB in much the same situation as Edwards, constantly getting pummeled, and Kevin Johnson still had catches and yards.

Why is it other guys in the league can still exceed in equally horrible situations and Evans can not?

Funny you mention that play with Woodson...Evans was running his showcase route on the play...a streak.

McNeil is holding out because he wants to be paid as what he is...a top LT.

As for cutting Lee or trading him, if you can get a guy in here who is a true number 1 WR yes, you trade or cut Lee or you ask him to take a massive paycut. It has nothing to do with Lee's talents or abilities on the field. As I said, he would be a good slot receiver, however slot receivers don't get paid 9 million a year. Honestly though, there's no way you can trade Lee. No one is gonna take on that ridiculous contract for Lee does on the field.

Exactly my point