PDA

View Full Version : Luck may indeed be entering the draft......

BidsJr
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=3279

Lose baby lose!

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 08:07 PM
luck luck luck!!!!

mallett mallett mallett!!!

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2010, 08:17 PM
luck or mallett. locker sucks

Albany,n.y.
09-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Dream scenario-(sorry Chan fans) We are so bad this year we get the top pick, Luck comes out & Ralph fires Gailey & hires Harbaugh. (Go SD-save Norv!) I think Harbaugh would find the Bills job a lot more acceptable with Luck as his QB and Stanford a lot less exciting without Luck as his QB.

Nighthawk
09-20-2010, 08:22 PM
I would absolutely love for the Bills to be in position to draft Luck. He really looks like he is the real deal.

Prov401
09-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Looking at our schedule, I believe if we do win, it won't be more than 4 games, MAX. I got us competing with Jax, Cleveland, Detroit, and Miami (We always seem to play good down there). I'm not saying we are going to win those games, I'm just stating I think we will compete with those teams for a win.

I'm almost certain we pick in the top 3 next year.

It's so unbelievably amazing how quickly I've given up on this season. I've never given up on a season this soon. And you know what, I'm not as hurt as I have been the last few years. I almost expect to lose now, which eases the heartache, if there is any at all. I grin and shake my head when we f*** up. It's become laughable. We need a franchise QB here, and bad. I've watched Luck and Mallet both play this past weekend, and we cannot go wrong with either. I would prefer luck, but wouldn't be angry if Mallet was our guy. Either way, I'd say one of them is a Bill next year.

2011 baby!!!!!!

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 08:47 PM
More California dreaming ? I don't know. The odds are not in our favor on California boys. Just saying :D

Slim
09-20-2010, 08:48 PM
he's from texas.

Nighthawk
09-20-2010, 08:52 PM
More California dreaming ? I don't know. The odds are not in our favor on California boys. Just saying :D

Have you seen this kid play? Also, many have stated that he is a football junky who can handle anything an offensive coordinator can throw at him...kind of like Peyton Manning. I'd do backflips if we got this kid!

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 08:54 PM
he's from texas.

Uhh yeah, but he also went to HS in California so his Texas blood is pretty much gone :D

Edit : I blew the HS things it was Stratford Texas HS

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2010, 08:54 PM
i don't give two ****s about where he is from. i watched him on saturday. kid is a sophomore and looks better than all the seniors out there. i think he is the real deal.

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Have you seen this kid play? Also, many have stated that he is a football junky who can handle anything an offensive coordinator can throw at him...kind of like Peyton Manning. I'd do backflips if we got this kid!

Yes Sir I have, We have ESPN Gameplan (yipee) Im more of a Mallet guy :up:

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2010, 08:57 PM

We will play a cold game, well probably anyway, in late December, and we need somebody from Pittsburgh to do that. That's where Kelly was from, and if the QB is from the biggest state in the union, that means he's no good. Haven't you ever heard "It never rains in Southern California?"

I hope that first part sounds as unintelligible as the "California QB" theory. I hope we don't lose though. Sorry. That's for you guys to "cheer" for.

If we have the 14th pick, and we want Luck...then we trade up. I would rather see a few wins though.

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 08:58 PM
i don't give two ****s about where he is from. i watched him on saturday. kid is a sophomore and looks better than all the seniors out there. i think he is the real deal.

Calm down Francis, was just playing around.

DraftBoy
09-20-2010, 08:58 PM
As I stated before, while I have the utmost respect for Pauline and TFY, this does not change the fact that Luck has said he will not leave school for the NFL without a degree.

Nighthawk
09-20-2010, 09:07 PM
As I stated before, while I have the utmost respect for Pauline and TFY, this does not change the fact that Luck has said he will not leave school for the NFL without a degree.

I agree, but I've heard he might be able to finish his degree early and enter the draft. Also, didn't we hear Bradford state that he wouldn't be entering the draft and he ended up coming out. Like I stated last year with Locker...it is stupid to stay in school when your hype is at the highest. Locker stayed and it will most likely prove costly. This is a business and the smart business decision is to come out if you're projected to be a top 5 pick.

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 09:10 PM
With the state of the NFL labor scene Im betting he stays where it's safe for another year.

Nighthawk
09-20-2010, 09:12 PM
With the state of the NFL labor scene Im betting he stays where it's safe for another year.

I can understand that point, but it's never "safe" going back...you just never know what might happen. If you're projected to be a high pick...you leave...it's the safe bet and the smart bet. JMO

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 09:17 PM
I can understand that point, but it's never "safe" going back...you just never know what might happen. If you're projected to be a high pick...you leave...it's the safe bet and the smart bet. JMO

Yeah, if he is projected top 5 and has a chance to play for the Buffalo Bills why wouldn't he come out :laughter: Just kidding man.

BidsJr
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Uhh yeah, but he also went to HS in California so his Texas blood is pretty much gone :D

Texas blood never leaves. Ask anyone from Texas.

Demon
09-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Texas blood never leaves. Ask anyone from Texas.

Not sure if he spend much time in Texas if he played high school ball in Cali. He was born in Washington DC and then lived much of his childhood in England.

Demon
09-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Btw, the guy who said he played HS ball in Cali was dead wrong. Don't people google **** before posting it?

Luck played for Stratford High School in Houston, where he threw 7,100 yards, rushed for 2,000 yards and got 53 touchdowns.

Bangarang
09-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Mallett or Luck would make me a very happy camper. I prefer Mallett but you can't go wrong with either.

Demon
09-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Mallett or Luck would make me a very happy camper. I prefer Mallett but you can't go wrong with either.

I like Mallett too, but i do prefer Luck. However, the thing that really scares me about Mallett is he plays in the same system for the same coach that almost turned Brian Brohm into a top 5 pick.

Billz_fan
09-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Btw, the guy who said he played HS ball in Cali was dead wrong. Don't people google **** before posting it?

Luck played for Stratford High School in Houston, where he threw 7,100 yards, rushed for 2,000 yards and got 53 touchdowns.

I did Google it but still f'ed it up. LOL thanks :)

Now I posted the whole Cali thing as a joke to begin with, you know, Trent (Stanford) Rob Johnson etc. and of course it comes around and bites my a55 :laughter:

X-Era
09-21-2010, 05:40 AM
luck or mallett. locker sucks

Locker with a high 1st isn't smart... but later in the draft he may make more sense.

DraftBoy
09-21-2010, 07:44 AM
I agree, but I've heard he might be able to finish his degree early and enter the draft. Also, didn't we hear Bradford state that he wouldn't be entering the draft and he ended up coming out. Like I stated last year with Locker...it is stupid to stay in school when your hype is at the highest. Locker stayed and it will most likely prove costly. This is a business and the smart business decision is to come out if you're projected to be a top 5 pick.

Yea I know you heard that from me about Luck leaving early. I reported that, and right now its only a rumor that I got from a source because you can't validate college players transcripts for good reason.

You may be confusing which year on Bradford, like Luck he was a RS-SO, so he was going to come out two years ago and last second switched. I think was a few rumblings about this past season due to his injury but never anything directly from him.

Again your Locker analogy is incorrect because as Ive already told you the NFL Advisory Committee gave him a third round grade. Don't confuse sensless fan hype for actual scouting opinion. Locker was projected in Round 3 by actual NFL people.

better days
09-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Locker with a high 1st isn't smart... but later in the draft he may make more sense.

Yeah Locker could be the 2nd QB the Bills pick, they could use a back up after this year.

ddaryl
09-21-2010, 08:20 AM

Locker is slipping down the charts..

however I don't want any QB that isn't top on the draft board...

ParanoidAndroid
09-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Luck in 2011, Julio Jones (WR) in 2012!!! With Spiller, the trio would be set!

Nighthawk
09-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Yea I know you heard that from me about Luck leaving early. I reported that, and right now its only a rumor that I got from a source because you can't validate college players transcripts for good reason.

You may be confusing which year on Bradford, like Luck he was a RS-SO, so he was going to come out two years ago and last second switched. I think was a few rumblings about this past season due to his injury but never anything directly from him.

Again your Locker analogy is incorrect because as Ive already told you the NFL Advisory Committee gave him a third round grade. Don't confuse sensless fan hype for actual scouting opinion. Locker was projected in Round 3 by actual NFL people.

I did not get that from you, though I don't doubt you wrote about it. Either way, I hope he comes out. No matter what you say, staying in school when the hype over a player is at it's highest just doesn't make good business sense.

HAMMER
09-21-2010, 01:04 PM

That will be an interesting decision if he continues to light it up and is projected to go number 1. I am big on education but when you are in position to get 50 mil guaranteed..........

That being said if I were Luck and the Bills had the #1 pick I think I would stay in school to avoid being drafted by the worst, (or second worst) organization in football.

Prov401
09-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Mallet plays number 1 Alabama this weekend. Big test!

Extremebillsfan247
09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=3279

Lose baby lose! The name would definitely fit in here. Levitre, Wood, Luck, Spiller, etc... lol

casdhf
09-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Bledsoe/Mirer, Manning/Leaf.

We're the Bills. We'll pick the wrong guy.

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Alex Smith
David Carr.
Tim Couch
Jamaracus Russell.

Billz_fan
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
I think Alex still has a chance. He looked pretty good last night. I would take him in a heartbeat :laughter:

Ed
09-21-2010, 05:03 PM

Yeah, I think fans greatly overrated Locker. I mean most fans were debating if Claussen was a top 5 or 10 pick and no actual NFL person drafted him until the middle of the second round.